Old 03-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Questions on Two Comic Series

Since seeing "V for Vendetta", I've been seeking out the comics of Alan Moore. One that came to my attention was his "League of Extraordinary Gentleman" series.

Does anyone know how many "League" books were published? I've only come across these two collections, and I was wondering if there were more or also if there was a box set or anything. I'm always terrified of buying the "lesser" editions of comics. Also, does anyone know if Moore will continue writing for the "League" series?

And also . . . . is there a box set of Steve Niles "30 days of Night" series? There's a 50 dollar "Complete 30 Days of Night" availible on Amazon, but I wasn't sure if that was the entire series or what.

Anyway, a big thanks to anyone in advance for any help.

Last edited by William Munny; 03-23-2006 at 03:41 PM..
Old 03-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Yes the 50 dollar 30 Days of the Night is the complete one, but I have to ask you first: have you read it before? Because if you haven't, I hate to tell you that it's not exactly the kind of thing you'll read over and over again, at least in my mind, it isn't.
And, yes those are the two "complete" volumes of Gentleman.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler_Durden_208
Yes the 50 dollar 30 Days of the Night is the complete one, but I have to ask you first: have you read it before? Because if you haven't, I hate to tell you that it's not exactly the kind of thing you'll read over and over again, at least in my mind, it isn't.
And, yes those are the two "complete" volumes of Gentleman.
Thanks for the help, Durden.

Nope, I haven't read "30 Days" before, though a friend of mine did say that, despite the excellent art, the comic is fairly short and may not be worth the dough.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:53 PM
30 Days and 30 Nights is fucking terrible, IMO.
I don't like the art, but even if I DID, it wouldn't change the fact that the story has little to nothing to offer, isn't scary, NOR does it have one iota of originality in the storytelling. I really hated the ending, which out of NOWHERE someone goes "Oh, I got it!" and all of a sudden knows exactly how to take care of their predicament, and I'm all like "WTF?!?!"

As for LXG... now THAT'S some reading.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:31 AM
I love LXG, but I was kind of disappointed with Volume II after the brilliant Volume I.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Also, there will be more "League" coming out in the future
Old 04-14-2006, 03:44 AM
Everyone tells me how awesome LXG was. I need to pick it up.

However, 30 Days of Night? The followups were much better, IMO. The first one did a great job of setting up a story, but the story doesn't just end there. That's really why a lot of people don't "get" that particular book, I guess.