Old 09-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Ansazi Boys By Neil Gaiman

Whos read it. I know I have some Gaiman fan around here
Old 09-25-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm about 80 pages in but I've found no time to dive in again. My life has been a whirlwind of activity for the past week and it's bumming me out because I really want to pick it up again.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Anansi Boys, actually.

And I didn't even know Gaiman had anything new. He's one of my favorite authors, so thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Just finished this. Not nearly as good as AMERICAN GODS, but then, what is?

I just realized that Mr. Nancy from American Gods is Anansi, the West African trickster god. I'm going back to read AG again, to catch other things I might have missed.

As for Anansi Boys, it was a fun read. Much more light hearted than American Gods. Funny at certain points.

Gaiman has his finger on the pulse of folklore and legend more than any other author, I think.

If you haven't read his stuff, check it out.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Just finished it. It's a good book, but still my least favourite of Gaiman novels.

It's fairly funny at times and entertaining all around, but simply doesn't have the weight that his other novels have. His others books made me think that I had taken an epic journey into places which are magical, mesmerizing, and often heartbreaking. Anansi Boys felt like a fun, but lightweight weekend trip.

It's also traveling too familiar ground for my taste, Gaiman can do this kind of stuff in his sleep. Time for some re-invention of himself, me thinks.

Neverwhere 9/10
American Gods 8/10
Stardust 8/10
Anansi Boys 7/10
Old 05-16-2006, 06:56 PM
I loves me some Neil Gaiman. Haven't read this yet, but I definetely intend to.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:50 PM
I just noticed I never posted a final review for the book.

That needs to be remedied.

I thought it was a great light hearted romp through the old FOlk Tale Mythology. As mentioned before, It's no American Gods but it's a really good novel nonetheless. I really enjoyed how it very rarely took itself seriously and so many sections made me smile at how cleverly they were written. I can't wait for his next work.