Old 03-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Thomas Kretschmann

Forgive me if someone already posted him, but the search function is on the fritz. Blame IT if I'm regurgitating...

Anywho, what's everyone think of this, in my opinion, up and comer (at least in terms of the mainstream)? He's already got a few winners under his belt (note to any horny ladies perusing this topic - do NOT take that out of context). One only look at his role as a sadistic serial rapist in the classic, stylish and brutal Argento flick The Stendhal Syndrome:

...the creepy, sinister vampire "father" Damaskinos in Blade 2:

...and his newest supporting role as the enigmatic Capt. Englehorn in King Kong:

And that's just the ones I've seen (I'm ignoring Resident Evil: Apocalypse... let's just forget it exists for a moment). He's also had prominent parts in U-571 and The Pianist with his Kong co-star Brody.

All in all, I hope to see more from the guy. He's a talented mofo, though admittedly he's very well suited to villainous roles. Still...

YAY

P.S. To a very special female fan of the above fellow, who is undoubtedly going to see this at some point, I present:

They can thank me later

Last edited by syxxpac; 03-04-2006 at 04:59 PM..
Old 03-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Love the man. Yeah, he's definitely good looking but the man delivers as an actor, not a media personality. Alfredo Grossi was one of the most chilling roles he has ever had and I thank Christ that Peter Jackson casted him in "King Kong" because this man deserves the good sort of attention. And get this, he's a FAMILY man. What a swell bloke.

YAY from me.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Yay, yay, and yay

in fact, I saw him in U-571 last night, this man is the coolest German after Einstein.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Couldn't agree more with ya there.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:49 AM
My favorite role of his is Max, even though he has about a minute of screen time!

Yay!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:41 AM
Hey yes, that was on "24" I believe, when we first saw him on the boat. I'd love to see more of him though.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:01 PM
One of the best character actors today. He can pull off a lead role in a mainstream film.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gian-Sergio
One of the best character actors today. He can pull off a lead role in a mainstream film.
I hope he does in the near future since he showed a bit of what he can do in "King Kong".
Old 07-08-2006, 03:00 AM
Everytime I watch a movie and I see his name, I get excited. The guy just has great screen presence.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by therealjohng
Everytime I watch a movie and I see his name, I get excited. The guy just has great screen presence.
He adds the right stuff to his roles.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
He's very cool, would love to see him in more.