Old 03-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Any fans of The Darkness (Top Cow)?

I just picked up the Darkness Ultimate collection today, it has the first 6 issues, then #40, and a bunch of the run by Dale Keown, I wanted the Darkness Compendium, because it has like 2200 pages, but there were none to be had, so I think I'm gonna order it, and enjoy this one til I get it, then trade it to someone else.

The Darkness is about a Mafia hitman named Jackie Estacado who inhereted the darkness (it's passed down to every male in that bloodline) when he turned 21 - the only catch is that if he gets a woman pregnant, the moment she is empregnated, he dies (so you can imagine what sort of shitty deal this is for a young mafia type, who basically kills and fucks).

the first batch written in '96 were done by Garth Ennis, and Marc Silvestri, now it's being penned, and drawn by Dale Keown.

I recommend this to anyone who loves violence, sarcasm, and comics.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Re: Any fans of The Darkness (Top Cow)?

Quote:
Originally posted by bourahioro
I just picked up the Darkness Ultimate collection today, it has the first 6 issues, then #40, and a bunch of the run by Dale Keown, I wanted the Darkness Compendium, because it has like 2200 pages, but there were none to be had, so I think I'm gonna order it, and enjoy this one til I get it, then trade it to someone else.

The Darkness is about a Mafia hitman named Jackie Estacado who inhereted the darkness (it's passed down to every male in that bloodline) when he turned 21 - the only catch is that if he gets a woman pregnant, the moment she is empregnated, he dies (so you can imagine what sort of shitty deal this is for a young mafia type, who basically kills and fucks).

the first batch written in '96 were done by Garth Ennis, and Marc Silvestri, now it's being penned, and drawn by Dale Keown.

I recommend this to anyone who loves violence, sarcasm, and comics.
hmmm. sounds interesting.