Old 04-04-2007, 05:57 AM
who`s your fav comic writer and penciller?

for me the writer would be. brien michael bendis.thanks to new avengers and his run on elektra

brien k vaughen is nipping at his heels as i love y the last man with its twists and turns and witty lines.

then kevin smith with daredevil and green arrow,even if he does write alot off words for a comic they`re all good.love the line from green arrow when ollie pulls out the arrow that has the boxing glove on it and he goes "good lord...we meet again."

as for art without a doubt

j.scott campbell

love his work on danger girl

even if he missed his deadlines and gen 13

terry dobson is 2nd,love his work on wonder woman and spiderman black cat

Last edited by yorrick brown; 04-04-2007 at 06:02 AM..
Old 04-04-2007, 06:02 AM
has to be greg capullo for his spawn work
Old 04-04-2007, 07:07 AM
it's soooo hard to pick JUST one of each....so I'm gonna list a few

for writers I like Bendis, Ennis, Miller (ultimate Spiderman, Preacher, Sin City)

for artists I like Silvestri, Finch, Keown, Campbell (The Darkness, New Avengers, Pitt, Gen13)
Old 04-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Tough to name a favorite.

Writers I like include Loeb, Johns, JMS, Rucka, and Meltzer

Artists I like are Ross, Benes, Turner, Lee, and older guys like Ross Andru, Al Milgrom, Neal Adams, and Geroge Perez.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Writers: JMS, Brian Michael Bendis

Artist: David Mack, Alex Maleev
Natch

Last edited by Tweek; 04-04-2007 at 04:05 PM..
Old 04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Gotta go with Bendis and Claremont as writers.....can't friggin wait for that Exiles/Excaliber crossover thats comming.

And for artists I have to pikc Steve Mcniven, and Salvador Larocca. Also.....controversy aside Greg Lands stuff is amazing to look at.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Jeph Loeb.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Writers:Warren Ellis (Planetary, Fell) Garth Ennis (Preacher, The Boys, The Chronicles of Wormwood) Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, Runaways, Ex Machina) Frank Miller (Sin City, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One) Bill Willingham (Fables)

Artist: Pia Guerra (Y: The Last Man) John Cassady (Planetary)
Old 04-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Frank Miller...all his work is mindblowing, even the work he did with Marvel is amazing!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RandalGraves
Frank Miller...all his work is mindblowing, even the work he did with Marvel is amazing!
His artwork doesn't blow my mind that often. But his writing and stories do.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:42 AM
HIstorically it'll always be Alan Moore for me. Watchmen, V For Vendetta, The KIlling Joke, The Ballad Of Halo Jones, Skizz, DR and Quinch, From Hell and many others absolutely justify all claims that he is the best. Most (perhaps all) of the writers listed in the posts leading up to this one were probably inspired by the slew of classics he produced in the eighties. The writer who is currently leavint the greatest impression on me is Robert Kirkman. Specifically for his Invincible and The Walking Dead titles. I look forward to both more than any other title currently being published.