#1  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Resident Evil Book Serise

So as some might already know there are several book adaptions of hte Resident Evil games and even a couple that are events that take place between the games. For me being a big fan of the RE games loved these books.

Now while these books aren't necessarily Cannon in the sense that to continuity exatly to he games events don't always match up (which is stated in the foreword) but the author has done a great job of taking the main events of the games and writing a story with them. The only time the contenuity gets really messed up is the book for RE Zero, somethings don't match up and i can't think of whatthey are exactly but aside from that they all fit together pretty well.

The 2 boks that take place between the games are also very good. The first is called Caliban Cover where Rebecca and some other novel characters have to assault this facility in Main and have to deal wiht Zombies..... with machine guns! now taht may sound dumb but its pulled off very well and has a valid explanation for it (well as much as a video game story can have). The other entitled Underworld has Leon and Claire and again some novel characters assulting an underground facility in the effort to try and take down Umbrella.

Heres a link to a site with more info on the books,

http://www.residentevilfan.com/novels/

So who else has read these great little books?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-30-2007, 12:32 AM
I read a few of them ("Zero Hour", "Nemesis" and parts of "Umbrella Conspiracy") and they . . . were okay. They're the medium's equivalent of RE, though. Fun as hell, but have as much depht as a pane of glass.

Still, I like seeing the characterizations a little worked with. I'm dying to read "City of the Dead" because my hero's in that).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
I read a few of them ("Zero Hour", "Nemesis" and parts of "Umbrella Conspiracy") and they . . . were okay. They're the medium's equivalent of RE, though. Fun as hell, but have as much depht as a pane of glass.

Still, I like seeing the characterizations a little worked with. I'm dying to read "City of the Dead" because my hero's in that).
Yeah deffinately read City of the Dead and Underworld, they are the 2 books with Leon and lets face it Leon is the colest character in the RE world and those 2 books were my favourite.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2007, 07:25 PM
The games are such an involving experience in themselves that this just seems unnecessary. Never read any of them, but I don't see how it could be more entertaining than just playing the games.

Chris Redfield >>> Leon

The only reason Leon is so "in" right now is because he starred in what was easily the best game of last year, but Redfields time in the sun (literally) is coming. Then you'll see...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Danger^Cart
The games are such an involving experience in themselves that this just seems unnecessary. Never read any of them, but I don't see how it could be more entertaining than just playing the games.

Chris Redfield >>> Leon

The only reason Leon is so "in" right now is because he starred in what was easily the best game of last year, but Redfields time in the sun (literally) is coming. Then you'll see...
lol Leons could kick Chris's ass! I meen ot RE2 Leon but RE4 Leon, RE2 Leon is cool but lets face it he's a rookie cop in that one.

And the books are an expansion of the games story. I know what you meen by the games are great story in them selves but the books add onto them and also 2 of the books aren't based on any of the games and they are pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Danger^Cart
The games are such an involving experience in themselves that this just seems unnecessary. Never read any of them, but I don't see how it could be more entertaining than just playing the games.
They're pure literary fluff; like reading a Micheal Bay book. They're quick, easy to read and they add something to chracters you might like. If you're not interested in these things, yeah, there's definitely no reason to check them out. I mean, "Caliban Cove" and "Underworld" aren't even canon so there's little to no reason to bother.

But they're fun.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-2007, 05:35 AM
'City of the Dead' and 'Nemesis' are my favourites. I love how Perry gives the character justification for their actions rather than just letting them go someplace without reason.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tagia_Romero
'City of the Dead' and 'Nemesis' are my favourites. I love how Perry gives the character justification for their actions rather than just letting them go someplace without reason.
Yeah, the characters actions a more driven or atleast explored more in the books then in the games. I'm glad the herbs are left out of the stories, not only would it be difficult to explain why the main characters can get attacked but not turn but you would have to explain who was tending to all these tandomly placed plants, which is something i always wonder when i play the games lol
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I've read and love all these books and now I'm hoping hoping HOPING S.D. releases a novelization of RE:4. How awesome would that be?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ScaryFreak1827
I've read and love all these books and now I'm hoping hoping HOPING S.D. releases a novelization of RE:4. How awesome would that be?
that would be sweet even though the RE4 story was already so well done it may be hard to expand on it, but it would definately be sweet
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump