Old 10-12-2000, 12:35 PM
(VIDEO)"Tommy Boy" (No Rating)

"Tommy Boy" - A Brock Landers Review of A Peter Segal Film (No Rating...I find it impossible to rate any of Chris Farley's films because I love the fat bastard too much...)

You know, you can get a good look at a butcher's ass by shoving your head up it but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?...I mean, I suggest that anyone who hasn't seen this film should. Peter Segal is one of the shittiest directors around...think "Nutty Professor II: The Klumps"...but the Farley/Spade duo never fails to crack me up...it is certainly the most successful of Chris Farley's films...whatever that means...

It stars Chris Farley as Thomas "Tommy" Callahan III and revolves around the Callahan clan business of brakepads in Sandusky, Ohio. Brian Dennehy is Thomas "Big Tom" Callahan, Tommy's dad and owner of the business. David Spade is Richard "Dick" Hayden, the guy assigned to help Tommy on his sales trip when his dad dies. Their is a marriage conspiracy involving Bo Derek/Rob Lowe/Brian Dennehy and a strange romance between Tommy and his High School sweetheart, who happens to work for him. Dan Akroyd pops up as a rival auto parts maker (Ray Zalinski) in another wierd role...anyhow, i love to watch this film even though its not all that great and wonder how everyone feels about it...

Some cool quotes:

-Tommy: But what if the Guarantee Fairy's a crazy glue sniffer? Next thing you know there's change missing from your dresser and
your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a hundred times.
-Richard: I can practically hear you getting fatter.
-Tommy: Did you hear I graduated?
Richard: Yeah and just a shade under a decade. All right.
Tommy: A lot of people go to college for seven years.
Richard: Yeah, they're called doctors.
-[About M&M's.]Tommy: They have a thin candy shell. I'm surprised you didn't know that.
Richard: I think your brain has a thick candy shell.
-Richard: Housekeeping, you want me to jack you off?
Tommy: What kinda hotel is this?
-Tommy: Does this suit make me look fat?
Richard: No, your face does.
-Richard Hayden: Ya know what? If you don't know how to use your seatbelt, just ring your call button and Tommy will come back there and hit you on the head with a tackhammer because you are a retard...

[This message has been edited by Brock Landers (edited 10-12-2000).]
Old 10-12-2000, 01:42 PM
"Who's your favorite Little Rascal?" [img]/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I loved this flick. It's really a shame that Farley died so young. His films generally were far from excellent but he himself was an utter riot. Maybe I could like JIm Carrey if he were 350 pounds...

"....I'll take you to the vet."
Old 10-12-2000, 02:25 PM
hmmmm...could it be...ummmm....SPANKY!

"come on....nobody's around...that's it....let's be naughty....just take off that swimsuit...that's it..."

...definitely one of the best masturbation joke sequences caught on film...
Old 10-12-2000, 04:10 PM
"SON OF A!.....That's gonna leave a mark."

Man, Farley was one hell of a funny man, too bad he let drinking, drugs and women get the best of him. What always killed me about him was that for a man of his size, he had remarkable agility. Think about it. He used to perform summersaults, pirouettes and stuff on SNL. I dunno, a fat guy bouncing all over the place always made me laugh.

Matt Foley (motivational speaker) : " Well whoop de freakin do! Oh yeah, and I live in a van....down by the river!"

[This message has been edited by doctor drew (edited 10-12-2000).]
Old 10-12-2000, 04:26 PM
how were you able to post a picture in your post doctor drew?
Old 10-12-2000, 07:38 PM
Gauging from your other post, I guess you figured it out... [img]/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

'drew

[This message has been edited by doctor drew (edited 10-12-2000).]
Old 02-08-2001, 04:33 AM
<moderator bump>
Old 02-08-2001, 04:13 PM
Brock, I can't believe I missed this post when you originally wrote it.

I love this movie. TOMMY BOY is probably my most favorite comedy. I own it, and watch it every other month - at least!

My favorite scene:

Tommy: "Man, my face really hurts, is there a mark?"
Dick: "Nope, looks fine."
Tommy: "Are ya sure? Not so much here, or up here, but right here!"
Dick: "Nope, nothing."
Waitress: "Can I take your order... What happened to your face!!"

Every single scene in this movie is laugh-out-loud hilarious!!

I miss the fat bastard!! <sniff> <sniff>

Old 02-08-2001, 04:53 PM
You know, everytime I think about the fat bastard I get all emotional too SirReel...

Thanks for the thoughts...by the way, at least once or twice a month I also watch "Tommy Boy", "Beverly Hills Ninja", "Black Sheep", "SNL Best of Chris Farley" or any numerous taped SNL shows he is in...he may not have been the best actor around, but dammit, he was enthusiastic and always makes me laugh...for the love of god! Why!?
Old 02-08-2001, 05:26 PM
Chris Farley was one of the funniest bastards to ever come from SNL, after Bill Murray, and it is a shame that he died so young. But I suppose it is poetic in a way that he did die and we are left with his great comedic performances. Even Almost Heroes wasn't that bad!

One of my favorite sequences is from Black Sheep, the bouncer sequence.
'...the 84 bounce off in Laguana Beach.'
'The one Mr T hosted?'
That cracks me up everytime.

Fat guy in a little coat
Tommy likey, Tommy want wingy
Holy shinto
I am one with the universe

He will live on in our hearts forever.

love broker
Old 02-20-2001, 11:15 PM
1.Tommy ,there are book smarts,which waved bye bye to you a long time ago,and street smarts.

2.so what if we don't get the wings,we still got that meat lovers pizza in the trunk.

I love that movie.