Old 02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Boardinghouse (1982)

Ha ha ha ha ha. What the fuck is this shit? I couldn't believe what I was watching. It looks like it was probably filmed on a home video camera. Reminiscent of Blood Lake if anyone has ever seen that. You probably haven't.

A boardinghouse is reopened years after some murders were committed there. Then the body count begins again. Sounds simple enough right? Standard 80's fare right? Wrong. This is faaaaar worse than even substandard 80's slashers. This makes The Mutilator and The Prowler seem like achievements in technical wizardry.

The funniest thing is the lead guy. I'm supposed to believe he is such a playboy? The scene where he wears his man bikini was good for a laugh but seriously, you should probably just avoid this one at all costs.

Boardinghouse - 1/10

I never thought I'd be giving out so many 1/10's in all my life.

Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 AM

HAHA you sat thru this shit too. How an obvious camcorder home movie EVER got any kind of release is beyond me. I made student films at college that were better than this shit. Probably the worst horror film of the 80s...
Old 02-06-2008, 11:57 AM

Why in the hell is there a demon hand coming out of the bed? That has NOTHING to do with the movie! Yeah, I'm usually pretty kind with the 80's slasher flicks. Even the really bad ones. This one takes the cake though. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:34 AM
hey The Prowler ruled....

I STILL want to see this, just because i heard it was retardly awful.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:13 PM

Well if you're really desparate here is the Youtube link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cwUXMJYfojo

It's in 9 parts but it's the only way I know to watch it. Not exactly the most popular of films.

Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Scanned through part of the first piece and it looks like a load of shit, I'm gonna have to give it a watch.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 AM
yesh, that movie sucks more than Vanilla Ice in a singer/songwriter contest. It was released in Germany under the name "Bad Force" which I think is hilarious for some reason...
Old 02-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Started it up, got to the intro text piece of shit and wanted to turn it off already, they could have fit all the fucking text together onscreen for a few seconds instead of drawing it out for a couple of minutes. And then the shitty "effects" started . Fucking hell, this has to be one of the most pathetic excuses for a horror film I've ever seen.

1/10
Old 02-25-2008, 08:37 AM
This is coming to DVD on April 29, & I'm gonna be the 1st (and only) one in line! Why? Because of my obsessive compulsion to see EVERY Slasher Movie ever made (yes, I'm a nut).

And I have to say, despite the vastly inferior technology, VHS tape boxes had real character, unlike today's (mostly) miserably dull photoshop jobs on DVD's.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Wow. I'm shocked to find a thread on this film...I thought I was the only one who watched trash this bad.

This one's a 80s home video nightmare. I think it actually was filmed on a camcorder. It's chock full of Holy WTF moments (the fridge vomiting on the girl?), sleazy 80s nudity, wretched camcorder effects, new age hooey, 80s fashion, and a surprising amount of blood.

Kudos to anyone that can sit through this one in a single viewing.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:23 AM
I can't BELIEVE there is a forum for this haha I was just talking to my best friend about all the crappy movies we used to watch, n of course this one was @ the top of the list!! We used to watch it all the time because it was just so unbelievably funny!! We would even quote the scene's yeah that's pathetic, but we did grow up in Bay Ridge so go figure hahaha
Jim was such a retard, n was that shot with a home vid cam? how did this even get into video stores? remember his clothes? omg.. n the drunk detective? n, why did all those girls want Jim? I mean, ew hahaha I'm so happy that there is a site for other people to rant about this with lol
Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 PM
They showed this at the 24 hour Halloween Horrorthon I went to last year, and to say it stole the show was an understatement. Everybody in the damn audience was laughing hysterically and applauding at how ridiculously terrible this 'film' was. If you think Troll 2 is THE worst in film, you are out of your mind wrong until checking this crap out. Beyond terrible, but if in the right environment (like being in a jampacked theater full of fellow horror movie nuts), you can have some laughs.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFlamingo View Post
HAHA you sat thru this shit too. How an obvious camcorder home movie EVER got any kind of release is beyond me. I made student films at college that were better than this shit. Probably the worst horror film of the 80s...
Shot on video movies have been around and distributed for a looooong time. I personally love quite a few of them.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
My Lord...consider me a sadist, but the word-of-mouth from this Thread alone has inspired me to make time this weekend to watch this film.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM
It's the 16th and Miso hasn't posted his thoughts, he either didn't see it this past weekend or the film is so bad it killed him or maybe even shocked him into catatonia

This guy just about sums up Boardinghouse :

Massive spoilers ( although how do you spoil something that is already rotten as all hell )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WVE-8Z4aFA
Old 02-19-2012, 04:22 AM
to further the above post, Miso - what did you think of this amazing piece of cinema?

...and yes, that is the main character/'actor'.