Old 02-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Robert Downey Jr.

Great actor, so watchable. If it wasn't for his incredibly well known and abusive drug problem he'd probably have many more great roles under his belt.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCES

1. Natural Born Killers
2. A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints
3. Chaplin
4. A Scanner Darkly
5. Less Than Zero
6. Short Cuts
7. Wonder Boys
8. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
9. Weird Science (!!!)
10. US Marshals
Old 02-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Acting-wise, he can really pull it off. Now that he has started to clean himself up, even better.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:14 AM
Big Yay.

Great actor. He always seem to have this energy and zing about him. Pity they drugs hampered him but if he stays clean should be good things to come.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:51 AM
he's a great actor (i dont think ive seen a bad performance from him) and its great to see he's kicked the drug habit (hopefully)
Old 03-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah, great actor. He went through a rough patch, but now he's clean, he's back to his awesome self.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:53 AM
One of the best actors out there.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I have a feeling that after Iron Man is released, he will finally break out and become the huge star he should have become 15 years ago. I think Robert is easily one of the most likable actors working today. He's got so much talent. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the future.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Very good in Zodiac too.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:14 AM

Incredible talent. Should have won the Oscar for Chaplin, except for Pacino playing a blind man that year and being overdue...
Old 02-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Robert Downey Jr. is great. I agree with Drew about Iron Man...it could possibly launch his career to heights its never been before. Hopefully it is good. But, really, he just keeps on impressing me more and more with each movie he does. I thought he was pretty good before, obviously he was amazing in Chaplin, and Natural Born Killers, and Wonder Boys (), but right now he's doing his best work.

And he's actually a pretty good singer, too.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Yay. He basically plays the same character over and over, but it's a good character.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:18 AM
I akways had a huge crush on him in Weird Science!

Heart and Souls is my favorite!
Old 02-18-2008, 09:19 PM
he's amazing!! i loved a scanner darkly, kiss kiss bang bang and zodiac.

i can't wait for iron man!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post

You mean I'm the only one who has seen it and loved it?

That is such an underrated gem! I never see it getting the love it deserves. And it's a performance that really shows off his range too. It's a performance that required great physical comedy and there are some very emotional moments in the movie too.

Definitely my favorite movie of his although I love Wonder Boys nearly as much.

And he was incredible in Chaplin as well. The Singing Detective I thought was a so-so movie but his performance in it was incredible! And of coarse there is Zodiac! Another underrated movie of his is In Dreams in which he plays a killer who haunts Annette Bening. Great thriller.

He rocks in everything he does. I even loved him when he was on Ally McBeal.

I can't wait for Charlie Bartlett this week and especially for Iron Man in may!

One of my favorites.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
Ahh, I'd forgotten about that one, haven't seen it for years, remember it being great though.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I think he is coming back... still think he was robbed a nod for zodiac... that was one of the better performances ive seen in a long time
Old 03-18-2008, 10:43 PM
How did I miss this thread? I dig this guy. It seems like he's finally tamed those coke demons and moved forward. I'm really looking forward to IRON MAN. Probably more than I should. But it's Robert Downey playing the part, so I'm stoked. YAY!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewza89 View Post
I have a feeling that after Iron Man is released, he will finally break out and become the huge star he should have become 15 years ago. I think Robert is easily one of the most likable actors working today. He's got so much talent. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the future.
I just saw Iron Man and he was fantastic! It looks like my prediction will come true....
Old 05-03-2008, 03:09 PM
love rdj, great actor and a great guy, i too see iron man and tropic thunder bringing his career to new heights.

ands its been mentioned, he is a damn good singer.

actually my second fav actor after will smith.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:00 PM

After IRON MAN, TROPIC THUNDER, and gets another Oscar nomination for THE SOLOIST later this year, he's going to be as big as he ever will be. I love the guy.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:05 PM

Incredibly talented actor. Glad he cleaned up and got his act togther.