Old 02-22-2008, 04:38 AM
DO YOU GUYS KNOW IF........

.........there are any comic books or graphic novels based on gravediggers. i have tried to find out myself but with no luck, i know there is a comic called grave digger, but thats a crime book, i mean the actual grave diggers at a cemetary.

thanks in advanced
Old 02-22-2008, 09:39 AM
about just Grave digger in general.... hmmm i don't think you could find anything out that centers on that that i know of. The only thing htat coems to mind is there are probably Tales from the Crypt issues that have stories featuring a grave digger.

Though it would be cool if there was a Cemetary Man comic kicking around some where

sry i wasn't much help
Old 02-22-2008, 11:25 AM
The 90's Ghost Rider series had a charectar called The Care Taker. He worked in a graveyard. Part of the Midnight Sons story. Thats the only thing I could think off.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:38 AM
awesome, i am actually developing a comic (or graphic novel, i dont know yet) about two guys that are grave diggers by day, and keep the cemetery in order at night from ghosts,ghouls,zombies ect.

so i need to know if there is something out there that is similiar to my idea as i will be submiting it to various publishers, i will be writing it and doing the art myself.

if anybody else sees this thread and knows if something is out there similiar could you tell me

thanks
Old 02-22-2008, 01:38 PM
ah i see, you're wondering if its really been done before as opposed to finding existing comics to pick up. Well i can't think of anything like what your proposing but my range of comics and comic knowledge isn't exactly huge.

A buddy of mine is big into horror-esque comics so i'll ask him and let you know.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
ah i see, you're wondering if its really been done before as opposed to finding existing comics to pick up. Well i can't think of anything like what your proposing but my range of comics and comic knowledge isn't exactly huge.

A buddy of mine is big into horror-esque comics so i'll ask him and let you know.
thanks alot vesaker!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Only comic I know is based off Hamilton novels, but lead character's a necromancer.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
awesome, i am actually developing a comic (or graphic novel, i dont know yet) about two guys that are grave diggers by day, and keep the cemetery in order at night from ghosts,ghouls,zombies ect.
Your idea sounds very close to Cemetery Man, but if you give it your own spin it sounds like something I would definitely check out.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
Though it would be cool if there was a Cemetary Man comic kicking around some where
Cemetary Man was adapted from an Italian comic book called Dylan Dog (not sure how loose the adaptation was).
Old 02-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocandy View Post
Cemetary Man was adapted from an Italian comic book called Dylan Dog (not sure how loose the adaptation was).
Just did some research...it seems that the movie was VERY loosly based on Dylan Dog. Although Rupert Everett's character wears the same attire as Dylan Dog the actual eponymous character of the comic does not appear in Cemetary Man (Everett actually plays another character who did appear in the comic book and in a novel).
Old 02-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post

so i need to know if there is something out there that is similiar to my idea as i will be submiting it to various publishers, i will be writing it and doing the art myself.

if anybody else sees this thread and knows if something is out there similiar could you tell me

thanks
Check this out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boneyard_%28comic%29
Old 02-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocandy View Post
oh......fuck