Old 03-06-2008, 01:35 AM
BUFFY the woman layer.

Buffy Summers, best known as the vampire slayer, is now experimenting with women.

In a new issue of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic book series being released Wednesday, Buffy sleeps with a fellow vampire slayer, who just happens to be a woman.

That's really rare in mainstream comics, especially for a lead character.

Joss Whedon, the creator of the film, television show, and executive producer of the comic book said the story line evolved naturally.

Issue No. 12 was written by Drew Goddard, who's the screenwriter of Cloverfield. In this series, Buffy and her female friend are in bed and naked under the sheets.

“It puts the reader in this ‘Oh my God’ moment,” Whedon said during a telephone interview with The NY Times. “And it puts Buffy in an ‘Oh my God, what did I just do?’ moment.”

Whedon made sure to mention that “We’re not going to make her gay, nor are we going to take the next 50 issues explaining that she’s not. She’s young and experimenting, and did I mention open-minded? You do have to be careful about the message you’re sending out. It’s a double-edged sword. You have to be responsible, but you also have to be irresponsible or you’re not telling the best stories.”

If only we could have seen Sarah Michelle Gellar do that! HOT!

Maybe there will be a Buffy movie soon??
Old 03-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Whedon you cock tease had you have done this in the show you would have gotten that last season lol
Old 03-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Nice to see lezz emphasis on horror...
Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
Whedon you cock tease had you have done this in the show you would have gotten that last season lol

lol true.

angel your next lol
Old 03-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Whedon wrote the comics on crack.. shits unrecognizable in all aspects.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:24 PM
oh the writer of 'cloverfield' wrote this ,that shes a rug muncher.

wheldon ok`d` it.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Sx2 View Post
Whedon wrote the comics on crack.. shits unrecognizable in all aspects.
Eh? All he's done is freed himself from the constraints of a TV budget. The comic is highly enjoyable. Not as good as Whedon's stunning Astonishing X-Men run (or in my opinion as good...yet...as Fray). But it's fun times nonetheless. And this is coming from someone who was a slavish fan of the TV show and still classes it second only to The Sopranos in his list of fave US TV shows. Please explain why you think it's unrecognizable?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocandy View Post
Eh? All he's done is freed himself from the constraints of a TV budget. The comic is highly enjoyable. Not as good as Whedon's stunning Astonishing X-Men run (or in my opinion as good...yet...as Fray). But it's fun times nonetheless. And this is coming from someone who was a slavish fan of the TV show and still classes it second only to The Sopranos in his list of fave US TV shows. Please explain why you think it's unrecognizable?
Yes. So was I? your point?

go read whedonesque, the numerous negative opinion on buffyforums.net, or some other site. take 2-3 of those opinions, mix em up, and you'll probably the jist of my thoughts on the comic. havent got the energy for a lenghty discussion tonight holmes, my bad.

but I + alot of other former fans think it sucks.. that's life. whedon's gettin dolo
Old 03-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Oh well, I like it. I could care less what all of the "fans" think.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorrick brown View Post
lol true.

angel your next lol
With Spike? Oh, check please.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Spike's new bird? Me hope so.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagia_Romero View Post
With Spike? Oh, check please.
they can call it broke back Transylvania

Vampire Lemon face?!?!?! thats gotta be the best discription i've heard for that lol
Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
they can call it broke back Transylvania

Vampire Lemon face?!?!?! thats gotta be the best discription i've heard for that lol
Yeah...had a chuckle at that meself. But what really made me laugh is that they are fighting against midget ninjas.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocandy View Post
Yeah...had a chuckle at that meself. But what really made me laugh is that they are fighting against midget ninjas.
hmmm, for some reason i thought they were little Kid Ninja's when i looked at it, but your idea is funnier so therefor wins out by default
Old 03-10-2008, 10:58 AM
they're actually mini ninja puppets

Brian Lynch owns S8, hands down