Old 03-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Carlos Mencia. He seriously needs to die.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:25 PM
there's somethin hot about sarah silverman
Old 03-31-2008, 08:27 PM
I agree about Dane Cook. I couldn't even make through 10 minutes of his Madison Square Garden show. I guess I just didn't get it, or whatever, but somethings wrong.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0J3KT M View Post
there's somethin hot about sarah silverman
Yes. Your correct.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I like the Blue Collar guys. Larry the Cable Guy is getting old, but the other three are ok.

I have a Katt Williams dvd that is really good. It starts off a little slow, but once he gets going, I was on the floor.

I would say Carlos Mencia is the worst one. I never laugh at anything he does.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
caught some old guy on Comedy Central, he had a stupid fuckin' glass of whatever shit it was he was drinking and a cigar. I thought he was pretty un-fuckin-funny but he probably thought he was.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:51 PM

Bob anyone? Yes he was funny in Half Baked, but those damn VOICES in America's Funniest Home Videos was too much. His stand up is pretty dirty... especially talking about the Olsen twins in The Aristocrats!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Bob Saget seems to think that the fact alone that the wholesome father from Full House/the goofy host of America's Funniest Videos is saying words like "fuck" and "shit" equals comedic gold. That novelty alone is maybe funny for about 2 minutes. But I when I watched this HBO special of his, I was almost embarrased at him at how painfully unfunny he was, and how he couldn't get through a single joke without some kind of vulgarity. He's really a lame comedian.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
Everytime I hear his name, I think back to this awesome video...
Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
Everytime I hear his name, I think back to this awesome video...
Wow.... Just wow. Haha. Reminds me of the Joe Pesci video. Thanks for the link Vong!

Saget in Half Baked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKqHuL759Q4
Old 03-31-2008, 09:53 PM
It is kind of funny reading everyone's posts. People you don't find funny, others do. Oh well, just the times we live in. Everyone is a critic.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't think Saget is that bad. He was profane way before Full House. I think I remember a radio interview where he talks about informing his friends that he had just got the lead in a family sitcom to which they replied "Uh have they never seen you perform?"
Old 03-31-2008, 10:39 PM
I love Bob Saget. The guy is out of his mind.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:51 PM
For the people that like Dane Cook...you know he steals jokes right? Mentiroso (where the hell has he been?) posted a link awhile back showing some of the jokes he steals.

I am gonna go with Dane Cook. For the most part, his fanbase of dumbass frat and sorority girls that worship him like God really annoy the shit out of me. That stupid ass symbol with the fingers also annoys the shit out of me too. Also a lot of his sorority girl fans just like him cause he is "super hot" and not cause of his jokes. And dont even get me started on his shitty ass films that he has starred in. Fucking AWFUL!

At least with Mencia, he isnt that popular so thats a good thing. Dane Cook freakin sells out stadiums.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Totally agree with Echo on this one. Even if they didn't steal jokes, they still aren't funny.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
For the people that like Dane Cook...you know he steals jokes right? Mentiroso (where the hell has he been?) posted a link awhile back showing some of the jokes he steals.

So then why hasn't anyone mentioned Denis Leary in this thread yet?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
caught some old guy on Comedy Central, he had a stupid fuckin' glass of whatever shit it was he was drinking and a cigar. I thought he was pretty un-fuckin-funny but he probably thought he was.
That sounds an awful lot like Ron White, except you couldn't be talking about him, 'cause Ron White is awesome.

"How is it that a pair of sunglasses can cost more than a 25-inch color television set? I was at the Sunglass Hut the other day, and I see a pair I like. I don't love 'em. 250 bucks. So I ask the clerk - very politely - 'How do you sleep at night, you fuckin' prick!?' I told him that I could get a 25-inch color television from Wal-Mart for $239. He said, 'Well, sir, clearly you don't get it.' ...I'm listenin'. He said, 'These glasses block out 100% of all UV rays.' I said, 'No apparently you don't get it. This thing picks up and decodes a digital satellite signal it picks up from OUTER FUCKIN' SPACE.' Then he told me the glasses got basic cable and I felt like a dickhead."
Old 04-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Because, at this point in the game, he's basically gotten away with it.

The sad part of that is that he's actually pretty funny in his own right (especially in the middle of a well written show, like The Job.)
Old 04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Someone needs to put a bullet in this fat cunt's skull.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Dane Cook. My god this stupid fuckhead is so unfunny.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Mentiroso (where the hell has he been?)

He got banned the fuck out of here.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Point well taken. Yet he seems to get a free pass, including from me. This is because his material is at least partially his (although that point is debatable) and because he seems to do well in everything else he's done since "No Cure For Cancer". It seems that he may have some original thought after all. But I could be wrong.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:29 AM
you know... i have heard the clips of Louis CK and Dane Cook... and i gotta be honest, just because they are similar is the set up, the delivery of the joke is completely different, and i do not for one second think Cook heard CK's act and said "BAm, im taking that joke" seeing as Louis CK's stand up is fucking stupid and Dane Cook makes me laugh.

It isnt like Mencia, who steals complete routines from people, or steals Jokes that can ONLY be told by one comedian (BILL COSBY) and uses them for his own! (for the ones who don tknow the joke in reference, its the one where a son plays catch with his father, his father takes him everywhere, teaches the son how to be a man, then the kid catches the game winning touchdown, and when he gets interviewed by the TV crew, the son says "Hi Mom"!!)

Such a great joke, and that is SUCH a Bill Cosby joke, i dont know where Mencia got the balls to take it, and think people wouldnt recognize!

same with the Sam Kinison shit (Jesus coming back after being killed on the cross and his wife asking where he's been)!

also, Bob Saget is funny as shit!

Last edited by SkyNet; 04-02-2008 at 01:35 AM..
Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
The reason I like Cook so much, and especially loved Harmful if Swallowed so much when I first heard it in high school, is I can relate to the humor. I'm 21 and everything Cook talks about I know about it.

The bit on Vicious Circle about how when you masturbate in front of a girl you're trying to impress, you're flexing, etc. but when you masturbate by yourself it's like "beat the fucking clock."

Or the bit about crying, or the girlfriend fight, etc. It's just such relatable humor to me it's outstanding.
No need to justify yourself. It was just my opinion.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjohng View Post
What?! Why?

That dude was hilarious.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
Point well taken. Yet he seems to get a free pass, including from me. This is because his material is at least partially his (although that point is debatable) and because he seems to do well in everything else he's done since "No Cure For Cancer". It seems that he may have some original thought after all. But I could be wrong.
This is true. Although one has to consider would he ever have gotten creative had the person he'd been ripping off didn't, ya know, die?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Dane Cook's Madison Square Garden special was hilarious. I seriously don't get the hate for him.

The guy has more comedic talent and a cooler personality than the entire Blue Collar Comedy team, Ralphie May, and Carlos Mencia put together.

And with Ralphie May, what is it with fat-ass comedians who also have to be overly cocky?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
That sounds an awful lot like Ron White
mhmm.

but to be honest, I didnt watch the whole thing. Just maybe 5 minutes of it. Though it didn't make an impression and maybe, just maybe I'm wrong in posting him as "worst" because I'm only judging it on the basis of a 5 minute glimpse of an unfunny joker.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:56 PM
The story about how he got kicked out of a bar in New York city is fucking priceless. He's a funny fucker.

Oh and I also dig Dane Cook and I nowhere near the universe of a sororiety girl. Two things won me on Cook the first and later times I heard him: He mentioned the Alien and the Predator in his jokes. That was enough for me.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:58 PM
It's worth noting that Louis C.K. doesn't give a shit about Dane Cook stealing his material. He says its material he doesn't use anymore anyway. Not the point, but worth mentioning. I don't hate Dane, I like some of his stuff, just not my favorite.

Mencia is definently guilty of stealing jokes, I won't fight that. However, in his defense, he's a smarter guy than most people give him credit for. I heard him in an interview on XM Unmasked, and he's a lot deeper than his act presents. He's not the same guy as he is on stage. His whole stand up act is like a character, and not him. He has a new comedy special premeiring in May. If he wants to gain respect, he needs to do two things: stop stealing material and cut the angry hispanic guy persona. He gives the impression that he's capable of more than his act presents, and I want to see him act on it, if he can.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:16 PM
dane cook (was funny, now is a sell-out)
larry the douche
norm macdonald
greg giraldo
carlos mencia
amongst others i can't think of

why people would mention bob saget, jim gaffigan (awesome), denis leary, and sam kinison (wtf?!?!?) is beyond me...they're all awesome
Old 04-02-2008, 11:29 PM
dane cook... for the longest time i couldn't tell if i found him funny or just loud... turned out it was the latter...

oh and sarah silverman... she bombs more often than not
Old 04-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Sarah Silverman's I'm adorable but gross routine gets real old real quick.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILxxx View Post
Sarah Silverman's I'm adorable but gross routine gets real old real quick.
Her voice reminds me of a harpy.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliet Bravo View Post
Ditto. Talk about cheap humour. If you can even call it that. She cusses and farts. Very low level of "comedy."
Actually there's more to her than that. She tends to riff on racial sterotypes and such, which is actually pretty daring and sophisticated all things considered. I also don't think Dane Cook's as heinous as everyone else suddenly seems to (Until he started making shitty films, everyone and their mother was quoting the motherfucker).

My nominess for AWC are any or all of those Blue Collar guys, Carlos Mencia, Martin Lawrence, and Gallagher - who curiously seems to think of himself as some sort of comic god.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjohng View Post
Really? I didn't even know. Looks like people finally are getting banned who deserve it. Bout time.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post

I stand corrected. Apart from his work on How I Met Your Mother, I've nver been a huge fan. But his stand-up reeked of soemthing terrible. It seemed like it was just an hour of him saying how incredibly dirty he is now with no comedy behind it.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm gonna go with Dane Cook. He's just not funny to me, at all.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post

Is she not american or why hasn't anyone mentioned her?
How dare you! :P Most of these cats I really don't care much for but I think Sarah Silverman is hilarious. I saw a clip of her on Tough Crowd where she was giving a hypothetical sex talk to some kid and when she said, "pretty soon the bee can't get enough bird cock," I nearly pissed myself. She definitely does not deserve to be on this list.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Dave Chepelle
Carlos Mencia
Blue Collar guys
Kat Williams

I like Dane Cook, like someone else said his humor is very relatable sometimes. I agree sometimes he runs a joke into the ground but for the most part I like his goofy humor. I think a lot of the hate for Cook stems from his fanbase. Like everyone says his fanbase consists of a lot of frat boy/girls that act like retards and quote him nonstop. They are fucking annoying but I'm not a frat boy or girl and I dont quote him all the time so its all good