#81  
Old 04-04-2008, 09:45 AM
i have 10 so it isn't that heavy but like you i keep them on the bottom tier so i don't get any curving shelf action lol
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I got my Death Proof in the mail today:


I might give in and buy the Dragon Wars tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-07-2008, 03:21 PM
i wish best buy made those inserts, that go in the back, small enough to fit inside the case... i had to fold the planet terror one... at least the fye inserts manage to get inside...
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstealth View Post
i wish best buy made those inserts, that go in the back, small enough to fit inside the case... i had to fold the planet terror one... at least the fye inserts manage to get inside...
I wish they had made a legit disc 3.....not a blank disc in an envelope...but an insert would have been nice.....if nothing else some sort of art on the inside of the front cover like a lot of them do now.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstealth View Post
i wish best buy made those inserts, that go in the back, small enough to fit inside the case... i had to fold the planet terror one... at least the fye inserts manage to get inside...

I keep em' all together in the closet.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-07-2008, 08:37 PM
My trip to Best Buy...Dune and Man on Fire

Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I went to FYE today and they still had these!

Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-08-2008, 05:19 PM
i know its a steelbook but dragonwars... cmon people.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzle View Post
i know its a steelbook but dragonwars... cmon people.
OK so the acting, plot, and just about everything about the movie sucked.....but I love cheesy bad movies, and this was a fun movie. I had the regular DVD before I traded in for this one.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-08-2008, 08:42 PM


Just ordered Hatchet R2 Steelbook. Working on getting more. It's kind of getting addicting.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshulman5 View Post
Just ordered Hatchet R2 Steelbook. Working on getting more. It's kind of getting addicting.
Nice collection man! What's the Hatchet steelbook look like? I haven't seen it before. I need to do a group shot of mine once I get the ones I ordered in the mail.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
Nice collection man! What's the Hatchet steelbook look like? I haven't seen it before. I need to do a group shot of mine once I get the ones I ordered in the mail.
which ones do you have now (and what did you order)?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstealth View Post
which ones do you have now (and what did you order)?
Have now:
PrideFC 2000GP
Appleseed Ex Machina
Beowulf
Boondock Saints
Bourne Ultimatum
Die Hard
Die Hard 2: Die Harder
Die Hard With a Vengeance
Live Free or Die Hard
Dragon Wars: D-War
Dune (now in steelbook, not viva)
Grindhouse: Death Proof
I Am Legend
Man on Fire
Spawn Animated Collection
Sweeney Todd
Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Transformers (Destroy)
Versus
(They are alphabetized on my shelf)

Have ordered/won on ebay:
Departed
Grindhouse: Planet Terror
Platoon
Fight Club

Reserved:
Cloverfield

Working on:
Day After Tomorrow
Ong-Bak
Robocop

I think that's all of em!
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
you having trouble finding robocop? i've seen 2 copies at my moviestop... it's weird 'cause i snagged one of 2, and then i hit it the next week, and they received another one lol
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstealth View Post
you having trouble finding robocop? i've seen 2 copies at my moviestop... it's weird 'cause i snagged one of 2, and then i hit it the next week, and they received another one lol
How much was it? I was at moviestop today but was in a hurry. All I knew is that most places are now carrying the regular case version....another reason is that I am on the fence about buying it since I already have the good (MGM) trilogy set. I'm not huge on the sequels, but it is a nice set. That's the same reason I didn't get the Hannibal one....I have a box set that has Manhunter, Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:36 PM
12... i have no idea why they price the steelbooks as low as they do... i got the departed steel for 8 and i saw boondock for 8 (wish i had taken it!)
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:50 PM
when you find them at moviestop, they're new or used? i only ask because i dont have a moviestop here...
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubprod View Post
when you find them at moviestop, they're new or used? i only ask because i dont have a moviestop here...
At those prices I would guess used. They have the biggest selection of used dvds I know of. I will keep my eye out because at that price I don't mind two copies. Unfortunately I never see used steelbooks at mine and the new ones are priced at 21.99 still....
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 04-08-2008, 11:04 PM
depends on the steelbook... fight club steel is always new because it isn't best buy or fye exclusive so they can have it in stock... all the other ones i found were used but in pristine condition...
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 PM
ah, i see
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 04-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
At those prices I would guess used. They have the biggest selection of used dvds I know of. I will keep my eye out because at that price I don't mind two copies. Unfortunately I never see used steelbooks at mine and the new ones are priced at 21.99 still....
yeah some steelbooks you just figure you'll never see there... definitely fye exclusives because those places are few and far between unlike best buy... like i know for sure i'll see an i am legend steel turn up at some point just because the quantity available is just so high...
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstealth View Post
yeah some steelbooks you just figure you'll never see there... definitely fye exclusives because those places are few and far between unlike best buy... like i know for sure i'll see an i am legend steel turn up at some point just because the quantity available is just so high...
I suppose that makes sense. They have great deals on used stuff and new releases (if you reserve with them they will look up and match the lowest price for you) but a lot of their new stuff tends to be a little steep. It is still my favorite movie store and I spend around 50 bucks a week on used stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Dragonball Z

The Departed
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstealth View Post
you having trouble finding robocop? i've seen 2 copies at my moviestop... it's weird 'cause i snagged one of 2, and then i hit it the next week, and they received another one lol
Screw You South/East coast Americans! You have the privilige of buying it at Moviestop!

"there are 36 MovieStop stores across the United States, including those in Pennsylvania, Alabama, Virginia, Georgia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Florida. "

No F*ckin Moviestop in the West Coast!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-09-2008, 06:55 PM
well that isn't very nice...

on a similar note, what happened to all the suncoasts? i used to see them everywhere... i looked online to locate stores recently and they are no longer in the state!! lol i loved that place...
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
I got my Death Proof in the mail today:


I might give in and buy the Dragon Wars tomorrow.

Hi Scott, was it pre-owned? I noticed that the Discount Coupon Insert is missing..


Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xage View Post
Hi Scott, was it pre-owned? I noticed that the Discount Coupon Insert is missing..


Nope, it was new and has the coupon....it was still on my desk from when I first opened it and I forgot to put it in the pic....

On another note, I ordered Appleseed limited off Amazon for 12 bucks earlier, and once I get the other 3 I ordered last week I'll put up a group shot of all of them. I took some pics of all my DVDs and they are in the Pics of your collection thread.

Last edited by scottmushroom; 04-12-2008 at 12:05 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
OK so the acting, plot, and just about everything about the movie sucked.....but I love cheesy bad movies, and this was a fun movie. I had the regular DVD before I traded in for this one.
Try checking out the special features...

I loved how the director cried several times during the shoot (as he was really touched whenever he hears Korea mentioned during a scene shoot)

This is a $70million dollar budget film... with a low budget outcome


on a collector's standpoint.. only a few owns this! an deymm Im proud to be one of the few!

Dragon Wars - Steelbook T.W.E.C. Exclusive




Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-12-2008, 08:25 PM
a few own this as in it's rare or a few own this as in nobody wants it? lol
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstealth View Post
a few own this as in it's rare or a few own this as in nobody wants it? lol
I'm a proud owner of this Steelbook and you have to admit, that the artwork, both on the covers and inside, are fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howwon View Post
I'm a proud owner of this Steelbook and you have to admit, that the artwork, both on the covers and inside, are fantastic.
Agreed...they did a great job with the packaging....and the action and FX were good....my main issue was that I couldn't tell which dragon was which at the end....
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howwon View Post
I'm a proud owner of this Steelbook and you have to admit, that the artwork, both on the covers and inside, are fantastic.
oh don't get me wrong, i think the coverart looks pretty good... though i do get more of a cobra than dragon vibe from it
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xage View Post
Try checking out the special features...

I loved how the director cried several times during the shoot (as he was really touched whenever he hears Korea mentioned during a scene shoot
)

This is a $70million dollar budget film... with a low budget outcome


on a collector's standpoint.. only a few owns this! an deymm Im proud to be one of the few!

Dragon Wars - Steelbook T.W.E.C. Exclusive
wow.....I didnt think a dragons destroying LA movie could be so heartfelt....lol
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-13-2008, 12:37 AM
i think the Wherehouse Music near me had a copy of Dragon Wars left...wish it was a little cheaper...i might pick it up.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-13-2008, 05:08 PM
new pic

Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Looks like Im seeing an addiction growing... Nice sets Sirdizzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdizzy View Post
new pic

Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-13-2008, 09:24 PM
I got batteries in my real camera so here is a shot of what I physically have right now, I will be getting Planet Terror, Fight Club, Appleseed, Platoon in the mail this week, and will most likely pick up Day After Tomorrow somewhere as well.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xage View Post
Looks like Im seeing an addiction growing... Nice sets Sirdizzy!
Yea my wife was joking about that, I already had a dvd addiction now she is comparing it to the final stages where it spirals out of control. I had a pretty strict no double dipping rule, I hate it and unless there is vast differences like the Lord of the Rings extended versions I rarely ever did it. But in the last month I have double dipped on three steelbooks on movies I already owned X-Men (this in fact was the very fist dvd I ever owned in February of 2001), X-Men 2, and Platoon. And about four months ago I upgraded to the Robocop steelbook and got rid of my bare bones dvd.

I found a pawn shop that will do a 2 for 1 for me which isn't too bad. I traded in an extra Memento (bought that cool limited edition one that allows you to play the movie in order) and my platoon yesterday for a movie. Not sure if I want to trade in the X-men as it was the first movie I ever had on dvd but I have 2 more I can trade in anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
I got batteries in my real camera so here is a shot of what I physically have right now, I will be getting Planet Terror, Fight Club, Appleseed, Platoon in the mail this week, and will most likely pick up Day After Tomorrow somewhere as well.
you have a bunch I really want like Dune, Beowulf and Spawn because those are movies I don't own and wouldn't have to double dip on. I also really want Boondock Saints as its a favorite movie of mine and regretting never picking it up when it was still available in stores.

I got a movie for Christmas that I never opened because I really don't care for it and I saw it at Best Buy for $16.99 was thinking I might try and take it in and exchange it for a steelbook of Day After Tomorrow but I think they have a strict no receipt policy now. they also have man of fire and the first 3 die hards I can pick up as well.

Some of those I am just not that keen on owning, Dragon wars just isn't a good enough movie to justify owning and I am not an anime fan so I wouldn't want the Appleseed of Dragonball Z.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
i'm still kicking myself for not getting that boondock for 8!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump