Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2008, 01:15 PM
yeah, i was referring to skinner (jeters character)....but nice catch anyways JJ.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Jonathan Brandis!
I had a crush on him.
That's sad, I wiki'd him and I guess he died in 2003.
Hanging. Suicide is sooo sad. A lot of people always say they
don't feel bad for people like that, but I sure do.
I just think that's utterly sad when people do that.
He was really handsome.

And the little girl from All Dogs go to Heaven!
Horrible!
Very sad!

Good thread, thanks.
I watched All Dogs like a month ago with my little one, now it'll be
so somber!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:43 AM

Trevor Goddard. I didn't know he was dead until recently. Died of a drug overdose. He was Lt. Brumby on JAG and Kano in Mortal Kombat.

I also didn't know Chris Penn (Reservioir Dogs) died until about a year afterwards. Apparently he died from an enlarged heart, whatever that means.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 AM

Chris Penn was amazing..

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Penn was found dead in his Santa Monica condominium on January 24, 2006, at the age of 40.

Although Penn had used multiple drugs in the past, an autopsy performed by a Los Angeles County Medical Examiner revealed the primary cause of death was "nonspecific cardiomyopathy" (heart disease), with the prescription drug promethazine with codeine and an enlarged heart. Trace amounts of marijuana and cocaine were found in his body. Sean Penn has said that his brother's death was brought on primarily by his weight.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger View Post

I also didn't know Chris Penn (Reservioir Dogs) died until about a year afterwards. Apparently he died from an enlarged heart, whatever that means.
I remember the night he died I had just heard the news on the radio; I turned on the tv and Footloose was on.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:14 AM
It's always odd to me how fat some people can be and not die and others die of heart attack/disease but sometimes aren't as fat as others.

There are fatter people than Penn yet he dies from his weight. That's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:21 AM
most of these fat people that die, MOST of them have had brushes with Cocain... as said with Penn, he had trace amounts of cocaine in his system...

Ted Demme was a heart thing brought on by cocaine

Chris Farley was a mix of cocaine & Morphine

i personally think alot of Fat guys do Coke because they think it will help them lose weight, but fat people naturally have heart problems.. you couple that with cocaine, and you have a pre-mature death on your hands.

also, i didnt know that dude who played Kano had died, thats pretty crazy
Old 03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Man, this is really depressing. I had no idea Michael Jeter, Jonathan Brandis, and Earl Hindman were dead. I can't believe it: Wilson's dead! I also didn't know that the girl who voiced "Ducky" and the young woman who was the original Yellow Ranger had died as well.

I remember watching a documentary about all the creepy stuff that surrounded the making of the POLTERGEIST films: Dominique's murder, the death of that old Native American guy (who was good friends with Craig T Nelson), Heather's death, and the fact that some of the supposedly fake skeletons used in the second movie were actual human skeletons and an exorcist had to be called in. A LOT of creepy things happened around those movies.

Everytime I watch TOY STORY or any of the Ernest movies, I miss Jim Varney more and more. His Ernest movies were favorites of mine as a child, and I still enjoy watching some of them--especially Ernest Goes to Camp.

As for Rodney's tombstone, it perfectly sums up his sense of humor.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post

Goddamn, this thread is depressing.

I'll say.

Jack Palance I just looked up on IMDB because I thought "Dangit. Is he still alive, or did I miss his death newsflash?"

I missed the newsflash. He died 10 November, 2006.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:36 PM
I was in the thread I made of Funniest comedians and I remember seeing about the untimely passing of a very funny comedian. Freddy Soto.

R.I.P

I think everyone should check this out, he was a very funny comedian, and its very sad that he died. I had just found out he had passed last year and I was shocked because i remember how funny his comedy act was.

http://www.latinostandup.com/pages/fsoto.html

Freddy passed away unexpectedly Sunday July 10, 2005. Only one night before, he triumphantly left the stage of the Laugh Factory to a raucous, standing ovation. We join his family, and wide circle of friends, in mourning his untimely passing.

I also as recently watching Planes Trains and Automobiles and found out That John Candy was dead. Its really sad because he was very funny, and he was only 44. Similar to Chris Penn who was 3 years younger, he died of heart problems a heart attack.

Last edited by pablo_super1!; 03-31-2008 at 12:38 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 01:53 PM

I didn't know Paul Gleason, most known for being the principal in Breakfast Club, was dead until the other day. He died of mesothelioma in 2006. 'Tis a shame.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Dam Freddy, I had no Idea he was dead until right now. Thats sad, He was a funny guy. I loved him in lots of his films the most being The breakfast Club.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Quote:

I didn't know Paul Gleason, most known for being the principal in Breakfast Club, was dead until the other day. He died of mesothelioma in 2006. 'Tis a shame.
I stumbled upon that just recently as well, maybe a couple of months ago.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Quote:
He died of mesothelioma in 2006. 'Tis a shame.
I had to look up Mesothelioma. Thanks to Wiki:

Mesothelioma is a form of cancer that is almost always caused by previous exposure to asbestos.[1] In this disease, malignant cells develop in the mesothelium, a protective lining that covers most of the body's internal organs. Its most common site is the pleura (outer lining of the lungs and chest cavity), but it may also occur in the peritoneum (the lining of the abdominal cavity) or the pericardium (a sac that surrounds the heart).

Most people who develop mesothelioma have worked on jobs where they inhaled asbestos particles, or have been exposed to asbestos dust and fibre in other ways, such as by washing the clothes of a family member who worked with asbestos, or by home renovation using asbestos cement products. Unlike lung cancer, there is no association between mesothelioma and smoking.

Very sad! That pic of him was from Not Another Teen Movie, which I find hilarious!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Raul Julia's dead? I just looked this up on imdb and realised this happened nearly 14 years ago, i did wonder what happened to his career.

On the flip side of this topic are actors, directors etc who you thought were dead already. A few years ago when Gregory Peck died both me and most of the rest of my family were surprised that he was still alive.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Muldoon from Jurassic Park.. sad.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
No fucking way! Bob Peck died! Muldoon was my favourite charcater. This makes me a sad panda.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:58 PM
yup mine too.. so so sad. He was great in that role. Good actor too.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Had no idea that Lane Smith, whom I still remember from the TV show Lois & Clark and the Pauley Shore flick Son in Law, was dead. That's rather sad as he was pretty cool.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Had no idea that Lane Smith, whom I still remember from the TV show Lois & Clark and the Pauley Shore flick Son in Law, was dead. That's rather sad as he was pretty cool.
EXACTLY who i came here to post about.. i had no idea he had passed away, i was looking at the Birthdays today on IMDB (which i check everyday) and saw that he died in 2005... that is sad news... fuckin love The Mighty Ducks and Son In Law!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
I loved him in Lois & Clark. I used to watch that show all the time when it was on, and the reruns on TNT. I remember when he died... That was really sad to hear.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:32 PM

Noooooo! I just found out Barney Martin died. I'm a huge Seinfeld fan and randomly decided to look up a lot of the characters on IMDb, and I found out that Morty Seinfeld, Jerry's dad, died in 2005 of cancer.

Last edited by Freddy Krueger; 05-02-2008 at 03:33 AM..
Old 04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Ahhh, what... I didn't know he'd died . He was awesome in JP.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I didn't realize that. Sorry to hear it. I remember him best from My Cousin Vinny.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Whoa... I never heard about that.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
I'll say.

Jack Palance I just looked up on IMDB because I thought "Dangit. Is he still alive, or did I miss his death newsflash?"

I missed the newsflash. He died 10 November, 2006.
Good ole Jack Palance he is from my hometown the place i grew up Lattimer Pennsylvania. As noone knows where that is but it's cool.
He died when i was vacationing In Irealnd I come home didn't know was taking the newspapers out for recycling a few months later and saw it on one of the papers from the week i was gone.

Anyone rememeber the dunkin donuts guy

This one took me my suprise cuz i thought the guy was much younger and i rememebered those commercials from when i was a kid

He is no longer making doughuts
Old 04-30-2008, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
EXACTLY who i came here to post about.. i had no idea he had passed away, i was looking at the Birthdays today on IMDB (which i check everyday) and saw that he died in 2005... that is sad news... fuckin love The Mighty Ducks and Son In Law!

Haha. That's EXACTLY how I found out too. I don't always check out the birthdays but I do occasionally and that's when I found out he was dead.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:22 AM
This one i was like ummm 5 or 6 years late on finding out
I actually found out when the pope died

Old 05-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Aw, I just found out about a REALLY recent death that I didn't know about. Larry Hertzog, a television writer/producer died just two weeks ago (give or take a day or two). Hertzog was involved with at least two of my all time favorites. He created Nowhere Man and also wrote for 24. Damn that's sad. I think I read he died of cancer. He was only 56 too.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:16 AM

Remeber Mike Brady from The Brady Bunch? Loved this guy... (From Wiki):

"Robert Reed died in 1992 at age 59 in Pasadena, California, from colorectal cancer; he was HIV positive at the time. He is buried in Skokie, Illinois."

R.I.P

Last edited by Lindsey; 05-01-2008 at 11:28 AM..
Old 05-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
I had to look up Mesothelioma. Thanks to Wiki:

Mesothelioma is a form of cancer that is almost always caused by previous exposure to asbestos.[1] In this disease, malignant cells develop in the mesothelium, a protective lining that covers most of the body's internal organs. Its most common site is the pleura (outer lining of the lungs and chest cavity), but it may also occur in the peritoneum (the lining of the abdominal cavity) or the pericardium (a sac that surrounds the heart).

Most people who develop mesothelioma have worked on jobs where they inhaled asbestos particles, or have been exposed to asbestos dust and fibre in other ways, such as by washing the clothes of a family member who worked with asbestos, or by home renovation using asbestos cement products. Unlike lung cancer, there is no association between mesothelioma and smoking.

Very sad! That pic of him was from Not Another Teen Movie, which I find hilarious!
That's what Steve McQueen died of too. They attributed it to his time as a Merchant Marine. Apparently his bunk was on top and he got a face full asbestos insulation every night.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:30 PM

yea hit me by surprise too.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:14 PM

Brent Chalem AKA Horace/Fat Kid from the Monster Squad. I heard it on one of the behind the scene things on the DVD. One of the coolest characters from one of my favorite movies.

"Wolf Man's got nards!"

Last edited by darknite125; 05-08-2008 at 05:13 PM..
Old 05-08-2008, 02:35 AM
Justin Pierce

Old 06-03-2008, 11:42 AM

Here's one I didn't know until today... which makes me very, very sad.

I love his music.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post

yea hit me by surprise too.
What rock did you live under that you didn't realize Tupac was dead?
Old 06-03-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm pretty sure he was joking...
Old 06-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Richard Jeni / 'The Mask' (suicide by gunshot)

Brad Renfro / 'Apt Pupil', 'The Client' (accidental heroin overdose)

Richard Bright / 'The Godfather Trilogy', 'The Sopranos' (struck by a bus)

^^Al Neri... Michael Corleone's loyal bodyguard and gunman^^

Last edited by Mr. Creasy; 06-03-2008 at 10:50 PM..
Old 06-03-2008, 11:50 PM

Mark Healy (played by Glenn Quinn) from Roseanne. He overdosed on drugs in 2002.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
I had to look up Mesothelioma. Thanks to Wiki
That's also what killed Warren Zevon, pictured above in Andrew's post. Again, no one could figure out how he contracted it.