Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Video Games
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
the final boss in X was easy. All you need is Aenima's damage cap unlocked and BOOM. Also, unlocking Auron's and Wakka's damage caps also make the game easier.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:49 PM
OH he's not difficult, its just the things you have to do in hte lead up to him that make it hella difficult.

Essentually the situation, as i read in a strat on Gamefaqs, is that the final boss is unbeatable untill you beat the 4 other final bosses. This is becuase the final boss has an instant kill whole party attack which it ususally uses in the 2nd or 3rd round of combat. Defeating these 4 other bosses reduces the final bosses starting health to about 20k or so which you then have a chance to kill it before it wipes your party out.

So first you need to defeat these 4 other bosses which are apparently really hard in comparison to the final boss and the only reason the final boss is considered harder at all is cuase of his kill all ur guys attack. Now i say apparently cause i was never able to even locate these 4 bosses! Thats right, its not a matter of they were too hard for me or anything like that but that even with the help of a walk through i could not locate these 4 bosses and therefor could not have any chance vs the final boss.

But while writing this i went back to a walk through to re read it and appparently you are supposed to get killed by this final boss then get revived and go into some sort of shadow world or something. Now i'm not someone who just shuts the game off if i loose a boss fight but it is possible. I guess i miss read some where and thought that you need to find these other bosses BEFORE encountering the final boss which lead to a couple hours of frustrated searching with no results.

But anyways hte game itself was lacking imo, way too quick and not a whole lot to do outside of random encounters where you just use the same move everytime depending on you Jobs.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Sounds a lot like the final boss in "Xenogears". You had to kill four bosses before him, or you could fight him directly. Each of the 'smaller' bosses gave the final one a special ability/attack, plus extra HP. Beating Deus without beating any of the four angels is basically impossible. But since you can't save/heal after any of the five subsequent fights (plus an extra one you technically can't lose after Deus), it's pretty difficult.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
Tidbit: I had all the trouble in the fucking universe to kill the final boss in X. I had all the Aeons btw.
I had the misfortune of running that secret Omega dungeon before I went to kill the last boss. So yah my guys were ridiculously leveled and I one shotted the boss with Auron.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Those tricks are always nifty. Like the Blood Sword in FF2. If you get it, you can kill the final boss with literally two swings. It's a bit hidden though, and I'm absolutely positive it'd be a tough fucking fight without it.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Its nigh impossible to beat Ultimate Weapon in FFVIII unless you have Holy Wars to make your party immune to all effects.

I had these and did my usual start up of Cerbres, x3 Haste and x3 Aura (if i wasn't using Holy Wars i'd toss out x3 regen and x3 protect as well). Then i began to kick to crap out of this thing and the fight STILL lasted more then 5 minutes.

This is me attacking faster and pretty much only hitting with Limit Breaks (or what ever they were called in FFVIII...... what the hell were they called in FFVIII?) for all my attacks and the boss not being able to touch me. I can't imagin how hard that fight must be with out the Holy Wars.

Unless you're Nightcrawler X and fight it when its lvl 20 or something
Old 05-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
so are you claiming that giving a reach around to a silver back gorilla is an easy task???
Yep, especially when you have uber-powerful moves that the later parts of the series give you control over.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:08 PM
You're not letting that one go, are you?

And yeah, it was Limit Break. It's the only one I think they're called that. FFVII's is just "Limit", IX was "Trance", X was "Overdrive" (while Limit Break referred to breaking the damage limit of 9999), XII was "Mist/Quickening".

I remember beating Ultima Weapon (or was it Omega? I keep confusing the two; I mean the one in Ultimecia's Castle) without Holy Wars, but that was fucking hard (though I was lvl. 100 thank you very much). I found out about HW much later, and yeah, it makes the fight a complete joke.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Quote:

And yeah, it was Limit Break. It's the only one I think they're called that. FFVII's is just "Limit", IX was "Trance", X was "Overdrive" (while Limit Break referred to breaking the damage limit of 9999), XII was "Mist/Quickening".
Don't forget Desperation Attacks in Final Fantasy VI, which was the earilest form of the Limit Break. Since it's based on your HP level and completely at random, I've only seen a Desperation Attack about two times throughout mulitiple times I played the game.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadedGamer View Post
Yep, especially when you have uber-powerful moves that the later parts of the series give you control over.
touche

Quote:
You're not letting that one go, are you?

Quote:
hmm thats what i thought but i couldn't remeber seeing anywhere wwhat they were called, even in the menus, must have over looked.

Quote:
I remember beating Ultima Weapon (or was it Omega? I keep confusing the two; I mean the one in Ultimecia's Castle) without Holy Wars, but that was fucking hard (though I was lvl. 100 thank you very much). I found out about HW much later, and yeah, it makes the fight a complete joke.
Omega Weapon is the one in the castle and if i recall i don't think he has any 1 hit KO moves like Ultima weapon but i remeber him not taking as long to kill.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
The castle one was the difficult one. The Deep Sea Research one was very easy if it doesn't use Light Pillar (9999 on the party) in the early turns. Otherwise you can just snag Eden and Lionheart its ass.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadedGamer View Post
Don't forget Desperation Attacks in Final Fantasy VI, which was the earilest form of the Limit Break. Since it's based on your HP level and completely at random, I've only seen a Desperation Attack about two times throughout mulitiple times I played the game.
Wow, my brother was right afterall. He said he once did this weird attack and he didn't knew how, I thought he was bullshitting me.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Funny how a major staple of the series didn't show up until the sixth game (though if you can count Desperation as a Limit attack).

Most things appeared in the first three (Cid, chocobos, summons, crystals, etc.).
Old 05-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Halloween View Post
Wow, my brother was right afterall. He said he once did this weird attack and he didn't knew how, I thought he was bullshitting me.
I've played the game through at least 3 or 4 times and I've never even heard of that before.

It must be rare as hell, or not on the original SNES version or something.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Funny how a major staple of the series didn't show up until the sixth game (though if you can count Desperation as a Limit attack).

Most things appeared in the first three (Cid, chocobos, summons, crystals, etc.).
And Bahamut has been there since the first game.

And about Lionhearting Ultima weapon, while in theory that works but since for some fucking reason the limit break you do is random of the 4 you have and the game seemed to delight in usinig the first one 95% of the time i found it diffucult to rely on it in any way lol

Which pissed me off to know end, i mean you can't get the Lionheart Limit break without the Lionheart sword so you'd think that once you've got it it would be the only one you'd use, but no........ damn you Square Soft!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Quote:

And about Lionhearting Ultima weapon, while in theory that works but since for some fucking reason the limit break you do is random of the 4 you have and the game seemed to delight in usinig the first one 95% of the time i found it diffucult to rely on it in any way lol

Which pissed me off to know end, i mean you can't get the Lionheart Limit break without the Lionheart sword so you'd think that once you've got it it would be the only one you'd use, but no........ damn you Square Soft!
Coulda swore there was a way to make it so the best one procced every time. It's been a while though.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Quote:

The trick is to cast Aura on Squall, and when he's Aura'd, the possibilities of Lionhearting are much bigger. If you keep pressing circle until the Limit Break menu appears you won't miss one turn.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Quote:
The trick is to cast Aura on Squall, and when he's Aura'd, the possibilities of Lionhearting are much bigger. If you keep pressing circle until the Limit Break menu appears you won't miss one turn.
i do this every single fight that i know will last more then 2-3 turns and Aura doesn't effect which of the 4 he useses it just gives him a much greater chance of getting his limit break since it was a random occurance and not a meter fill like in VII.

i'm not sure the reason but it just seemed like he only did the Lionheart maybe every 20-25 limit breaks and never seemed to pull it out in what were considered the big boss fights in the game.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Weird. The only Limit Break I've seen besides Lionheart if I have the Lionheart gunblade is Blasting Zone, and that's pretty rare. I saw a Fated Circle one but that was like, whoa! Whoa!

Weird you don't get that many Lionhearts.
Maybe you're too leveled up, or something.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Weird. The only Limit Break I've seen besides Lionheart if I have the Lionheart gunblade is Blasting Zone, and that's pretty rare. I saw a Fated Circle one but that was like, whoa! Whoa!

Weird you don't get that many Lionhearts.
Maybe you're too leveled up, or something.
or maybe you're too busy not fighting stuff that you barely see how many times it doesn't happen lol
Old 05-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Quote:
or maybe you're too busy not fighting stuff that you barely see how many times it doesn't happen lol
Whenever I did FF8 without leveling, I just carded every single monster I fought.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Touché.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:03 AM
X, skip the rest and play VI and IX. Now.

Right now!

On a second note: a shitshop scrounger that I know recently bought a copy of Chocobo Racing. It's pretty horrendous.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfather View Post

Right now!

BWAHAHAHAHA! thats great

Quote:
On a second note: a shitshop scrounger that I know recently bought a copy of Chocobo Racing. It's pretty horrendous.
yes, yes it is rather horrendous, but then so is anything that features Chobo's.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Quote:

Right now!

Fine! But God help you if FFVI isn't better than sex!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 PM
VI is overrated... there, I said it. Kefka is great, and I love the general setting of the world, but overall... I dunno. It's a good game, but the more I think about it, I rank VII, IX, XII, and IV ahead of it, easily. I'd like to play the Playstation release, though, as I heard the graphics upgrade was phenomenal.

But Kefka... wow. Not even gonna try and explain his awesomeness. Just... wow.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:46 AM
I've never managed to finish 6... I got to the floating island. Not really sure what happened after that...

I have yet to play any before 6, I am going to get to it though.

Right now I am playing 10 through again, Yunalesca kicked the crap out of me last night, but I forgot to equip my zombie wards.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Regret View Post
I've never managed to finish 6... I got to the floating island. Not really sure what happened after that...
the second half of the game
Old 05-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Oh, yeah...

I meant what happened with me... and why I stopped playing it.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Regret View Post
Oh, yeah...

I meant what happened with me... and why I stopped playing it.
ah i see
Old 05-28-2008, 09:29 AM
VII and XII much balls compared to VI. VI munches Chateaubriand.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:41 AM
I dunno, maybe it's cause I played VI after it was hyped up for years. For the most part, I've played Final Fantasy games right when they came out, including IV, which was released as II in the US when I was in like middle school (I've since played the harder version, and liked it even more). I think my problem is I played VI about 4 years ago or so, and all I kept hearing was how great it was on various Nintendo Power lists and other Greatest Games lists. It disappointed me. Maybe if I played it back when it was released on the SNES as FFIII in the US, my opinion would be different. Aside from a few Kefka stuff, I don't really remember VI. It didnt' leave much of an impression on me. It's definitely not a bad game... I just wasn't blown away by it, and that makes it slightly disappointing to me.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:47 AM
well i think its tough to play any game in a seriese thats had several games come out in the series after it. Not even counting console gen upgrades jsut al lthe little things they forgot or tried but didn't get quite right usually get fixed for later installments making hte previous ones tedious at times.

This happened to me with Knights of the old republic when i played throug hteh second one first and stuggeled with the first one cause ofthe differneces. Older games of a series played first time long after newer ones have been released rarely live up to your expectations/standards i find.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:29 PM
When did everyone get to the series? I mean, what was the most recent game you played first?

I started with VIII in '99, from then on I anticipated every oncoming FF.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I started with FFI on the nintendo back when i was like 9 or 10. Then FFVI onwards with trying the ones before VI throught the years. Never played FFVI, IX or XI though and stayed away from most he off shoots like Crystal Cronicles and such.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:49 PM
VI and IX are easily the best in the series though.

I started out with VIII and then zig-zagged across the series up and down and all around.

I think this is about right:

VIII
I
IV
VI
VII
V
IX
X
II
XII

I have yet to play III because I can't be bothered to buy a DS. At least not until it's in the bargain crate. And XI really doesn't count because it's a mumorpaguh, and therefore worthless.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:06 PM
I started with 7... I remember my friend buying it and hating it, so when I LOVED it... he gave it to me!

My and my Dad used to play it all the time, I remember Sephiroph used to actually scare me!

I've been hooked ever since.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Quote:
When did everyone get to the series? I mean, what was the most recent game you played first?
FFI on the NES, but at that age I didn't speak english well so I didn't understand it much. The games that really got me in to the series were, ironicly, the Final Fantasy Legend trilogy and Final Fantasy Adventure for the Gameboy (I know that they aren't really part of the Final Fantasy series).

Last edited by Dead Halloween; 05-28-2008 at 05:26 PM..
Old 05-28-2008, 06:57 PM
IX is one of the best? really?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Quote:

I started with VIII in '99, from then on I anticipated every oncoming FF.
Started with FF1 back on the Nintendo.

Then moved on to 2 (4) and 3 (6) on the SNES.

You know I never thought about it before but I guess I played every FF in the order it was released.