Old 07-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Anthony Stewart Head

You might know him best as Giles the Watcher from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

Anthony Stewart Head is a fantastic actor (with a semi-leading role in the upcoming "Repo! The Genetic Opera") and a phenomenal singer (he has one of the best voices in the world) and, for some reason, a man that just strikes me as ridiculously classy, intelligent and likable. An actor that could've very well played Bond a few years back.

He's fucking awesome, that's all.

Last edited by X-Nightcrawler; 07-01-2008 at 04:36 AM..
Old 07-01-2008, 04:59 AM
I concur, he does justice to The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes", basically making Fred Durst his bitch in the process.

However, no mention at all of Little Britain or Doctor Who? For shame!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Wasn't he the guy from those Folgers Crystals commercials in the 90s?
Old 07-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Dunno, he was in some Nescafe adverts in the UK though
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LoCv6_5JZHU

He was one of the few good things about the Buffy series, fantastic actor, shame he isn't in more really. His role in Repo! The Genetic Opera was one of the first things to get me interested in it.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHutch23 View Post
I concur, he does justice to The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes", basically making Fred Durst his bitch in the process.
Oh fuck yeah. And considering I actually really like Durst's cover, Stewart Head does fucking amazing with that song.

Same with "The Exposition Song" in "Restless", and all his songs in the musical.

Oddly enough, the album "Music for Elevators" is pretty boring. He's still an amazing singer, though.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:14 PM
women all over britain used to wet their pants when a new gold blend advertisment was announced....he was the thinking woman's crumpet throughout the 80's.

he's funny in little britain, seems like a good humoured dude from interview footage.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:00 PM
hey hutch, thats the first thing i thought of when i read his name... was a full version of him singing behind blue eyes ever released, or just the snippet from the show?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Giles rules! Anthony Stewart Head rules! He's funny, and great.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
women all over britain used to wet their pants when a new gold blend advertisment was announced....he was the thinking woman's crumpet throughout the 80's.

he's funny in little britain, seems like a good humoured dude from interview footage.
That's exactly what I thought. Strikes me as the sort of . . . how to say it, "intellectual sex symbol". Like Hugh Laurie.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
Like Hugh Laurie.
he is englands reply to hugh la.......oh wait....

i just think he is fucking awesome.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Giles couldn't be more awesome. And as X said, that voice is simply amazing. Can't wait for Repo!
Old 07-06-2008, 04:13 AM

Awesome-ness: 10
Hit-ability: 10

So that's where I stand on that.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:32 PM
He also made an appearance in the new Doctor Who, Series Two. I'm hoping his character makes a reappearance.