Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Most Disturbing Movie in Horror History

Salo 120 days of Sodum anybody ever have the dubious pleasure to watch this gem Directed by a gay catholic Filmaker? I would but paying $500 for an un-cut version goes beyond my beliefs for any dvd.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Salo isnt a horror film...in fact it's very dull, not at all disturbing and not worth buying imo

oh yeah and as for paying $500 for the dvd, criterion are re-releasing it this year

Last edited by Cronos; 06-28-2007 at 08:19 AM..
Old 06-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cronos
Salo isnt a horror film...in fact it's very dull, not at all disturbing and not worth buying imo

oh yeah and as for paying $500 for the dvd, criterion are re-releasing it this year
I'm just trying to top Cannibal Holocaust. To me the movie was over hyped and seemed lame. It had a theme and didn't seem too bad.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 PM
I hear Singapore Sling is pretty icky. Other than that, Guinea Pig.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Ain't none of you motherfuckers have probably laid your eyes on Nekromantik...
Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JJFlamingo
Ain't none of you motherfuckers have probably laid your eyes on Nekromantik...
i've seen it, i've also had the displeasure of seeing the sequel, neither lived up to their hype, just really really crappy
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Slaughtered Vomit Dolls
Old 04-29-2008, 07:45 AM
YEAH CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST...is pretty sick...THE FACES OF DEATH movies
Old 04-29-2008, 08:29 AM
faces of death sucks...

all the august underground movies are pretty freaking disturbing, ive only seen the first.

it was pretty freaking disturbing.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
The August Underground's are fucked up, Mordum is even worse than the first one. Fun stuff.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher70 View Post
YEAH CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST...is pretty sick...THE FACES OF DEATH movies
Faces of Death doesn't quite cut it in this category since all the death footage is fake after the first.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
The August Underground's are fucked up, Mordum is even worse than the first one. Fun stuff.
The F/X are pretty good in Mordum. But everything else sucks. It took me like a week to finish it. Nothing really happens. But if you like gore for the sake of gore you'll like it.

I see copies of Nekromantik at the conventions alot. But I never heard anything good about them. So I always pass.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I have to go with "Flower of Flesh and Blood"
Old 05-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Cannibal Holocaust was cool. The august undergound stuff kinda bored me, Just felt like alot of meaningless gore.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:29 AM
I found Cannibal Holocaust to be tedious, and the turtle scene beyond reprehensible. If I live to be one hundred I hope to never lay eyes on that film again.

I prefer the Traces of Death series to the Faces of Death series.

Personally, I think that Begotten has disturbed me more than any other film. It is a total piece of shit, but the opening scene has stuck in my craw lo' these many years.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:34 PM
INSIDE and Men Behind the Sun really got to me...
Old 05-18-2008, 01:10 AM
The Girl Next Door(2007) most disturbing fucked up shit I've seen to this day. If you think you have nerves of steel give it a try.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:22 AM
I've always been curious about Salo in spite of the bad word of mouth and it's too bad that the DVD isn't available on Netflix, because there's no way I'd it to my actual collection.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanw54301 View Post
Men Behind the Sun
That has to be the most fucked up nasty film I've seen.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
The Girl Next Door(2007) most disturbing fucked up shit I've seen to this day. If you think you have nerves of steel give it a try.
I have this DVD. I didnt think it was that heavy duty. Alot of nasty stuff happens to the girl. But the acting is pretty bad and the way the movie was shot had a real "made for TV" look to it. It took away from the move.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratlehed View Post
I have this DVD. I didnt think it was that heavy duty. Alot of nasty stuff happens to the girl. But the acting is pretty bad and the way the movie was shot had a real "made for TV" look to it. It took away from the move.
I got the same impression. Although the movie did get it's point across firmly Innocence wasn't untouchable even in the time and era of the 50's. The little boy David pissed me off more than any character in this film when he could have easily just told and saved her life. I guess though they where trying to stay true to the actual events in that respect.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
I agree that is by far the most disturbing of all of Jack Ketchum's work and that's saying a lot.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Boy View Post

Personally, I think that Begotten has disturbed me more than any other film. It is a total piece of shit, but the opening scene has stuck in my craw lo' these many years.

Begotten is crazy. You are talking about this part:

This film has given me nightmares. The first time I saw this movie I was on certain hallucinatory substances. Fucked with me pretty bad. But I wouldn't go so far as saying it's a piece of shit because supposedly it was really hard to make the film look the way it does. It is hard to sit through the entire movie, though.

If anyone is interested in watching Begotten who hasn't seen it already, Google video has it, and it looks great. Not your typical compressed, pixelated bullshit. Otherwise the film is hard to obtain. If nothing else just watch the first 10 minutes. Here's the link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...25371449473825
Old 05-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreySlayDisplay View Post

This film has given me nightmares. The first time I saw this movie I was on certain hallucinatory substances. Fucked with me pretty bad. But I wouldn't go so far as saying it's a piece of shit because supposedly it was really hard to make the film look the way it does. It is hard to sit through the entire movie, though.

If anyone is interested in watching Begotten who hasn't seen it already, Google video has it, and it looks great. Not your typical compressed, pixelated bullshit. Otherwise the film is hard to obtain. If nothing else just watch the first 10 minutes. Here's the link:

Or you could watch the trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_c_odzPOZc

I saw Begotten and I wanted to like it much more than I actually did. Then I saw the trailer afterwards, which essentially selects some of the very best imagery from the film and sticks some scary awesome ambient music under it. THAT made me feel how I wanted to feel watching the entire movie.

But yeah, God cutting the shit out of himself is difficult to watch.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I think I would go with Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. The movie doesn't really have a conventional plot, it just sort of shows these two guys going about their business in a weirdly non-judgmental way. Also the violence is not sensationalistic or cartoonish in the usual way -- it's all just sort of very honest and human and kind of awful.

I've seen a few of the ones mentioned here: Begotten is worth watching, and though not so disturbing for me, the movie has been indelibly imprinted onto my brain. I agree with the poster who found Salo dull, though I do like Pasolini and find the movie interesting in theory rather than practice.

Still looking for August Underground...
Old 06-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Cannibal Holocaust is not as gory as some people make it out to be but it is disturbing and will most likely have some kind of effect on some of its viewers.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Quote:

I watched the first 10 minutes of Begotten and I'm not sure what the hell was going on. Can anyone explain it or let me know if the rest of the movie is worth watching?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanw54301 View Post
I hear Singapore Sling is pretty icky.
It's not as bad as some make it out to be, it's pretty odd at times.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:17 AM
not sure it's in the same catagory,but audition was very disturbing.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Ya know, all these movies that are supposed to "shock" and "disturb" me never really do. I think all the advertising and shit overhypes, usually I end up going "Damn, that's cool. Nice effects!" Nice entertainment, but shocking? No. It takes a LOT to disturb me if something is just a movie. Not even the infamous "turtle scene" got me. If anything, the most disturbing movie I ever saw was E.T. when I was 3 (that movie, or at least the first 30 minutes of it, scared the absolute fucking shit out of me.)
Old 06-19-2008, 07:27 PM
I couldn't even get through Men Behind the Sun, not because of how disturbing it was (oh and it was) but just how slow and tedius it was.

Dumplings (3 Extremes) made me sick to my stomach though.

Last edited by Dark_Star; 06-19-2008 at 07:31 PM..
Old 06-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Quote:
This film has given me nightmares. The first time I saw this movie I was on certain hallucinatory substances. Fucked with me pretty bad.
Hallucinogens and fucked up movies don't mix.

Hell, I couldn't even watch The Yellow Submarine on acid.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Personally I found Jungle Holocaust to have more impact than cannibal, Men Behind the Sun was gruesome, Nekromantik was blah...has anyone seen Schramm? Buttgereit's other masterpiece...if you are into gory shit check that one out. Anyone like Man Bites Dog around here?

On a side note I'm tired of movies like Inside and Frontieres acting like they are rough because they spill some red around the screen. That shit is the least bit disturbing. You can find better gore in some 80's splatter films
Old 06-26-2008, 03:23 AM
'Maniac' or 'Inside' are up there along with Flowers of flesh and blood.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason/Michael View Post
I watched the first 10 minutes of Begotten and I'm not sure what the hell was going on. Can anyone explain it or let me know if the rest of the movie is worth watching?
It opens with the happy family of God (dad), Mother Earth (mom) and Flesh on the Bone (son). God kills himself. The rest of it is just dudes in funny looking costumes dragging other dudes around in body bags. Or something. Who knows? It is incomprehensible and unwatchable. Literally. Like, you almost never have any idea what you are seeing. They spent a vast amount of time making sure every shot of the film looked as crappy as possible. I'd rather masturbate with a cheese grater than ever see it again.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:27 PM
INSIDE
Old 07-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Boy View Post
It opens with the happy family of God (dad), Mother Earth (mom) and Flesh on the Bone (son). God kills himself. The rest of it is just dudes in funny looking costumes dragging other dudes around in body bags. Or something. Who knows? It is incomprehensible and unwatchable. Literally. Like, you almost never have any idea what you are seeing. They spent a vast amount of time making sure every shot of the film looked as crappy as possible. I'd rather masturbate with a cheese grater than ever see it again.
I must be VERY strange cause for some reason that seems to be right up my alley...and very interesting also.

Gore doesn't scare me,the things that disturb me are the things that get under the skin like the older, black and white films' disturbances.Has anyone seen the viideo Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson(I'm not a fan of his,actually he rather disguists me,but my friend's were talking of it and I wanted to check out the hype),those tall people really creep me out in that.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1ng3rsnap9ed View Post
I must be VERY strange cause for some reason that seems to be right up my alley...and very interesting also.
Yes, being interested by me masturbating with a cheese grater does make you very strange.

Wocka, wocka.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:17 AM
The psychological flicks seem to unnerve me.... Here are five that I can think of (not all of them horror):

-The Cell (Vincent D'Onofrio playing mind games - Just some fucked up visuals)

-Blair Witch Project (Fear of the unknown - The atmosphere was perfect)

-The Shining (The twins, the blood from the walls, the bathtub scene, others)

-Requiem for a Dream (Ah the dangers of drug addiction!)

-Funny Games (The whole idea, the dark tone and atmosphere were brilliantly done)

I'm sure there are more. But these instantly come to mind, when I think "disturbing".
Old 07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1ng3rsnap9ed View Post

Gore doesn't scare me,the things that disturb me are the things that get under the skin like the older, black and white films' disturbances.Has anyone seen the viideo Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson(I'm not a fan of his,actually he rather disguists me,but my friend's were talking of it and I wanted to check out the hype),those tall people really creep me out in that.
RANDOM TRIVIA BOY STRIKES!!!

Have you seen the video for Cryptorchid by Manson? Because that was directed by Elias Merhige, the very man responsible for Begotten. If I remember correctly there's even footage of in the video, or very similar footage at least.