#1  
Old 04-24-2008, 10:08 PM
George Lopez

Maybe the most unfunny person ever.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfather View Post
Maybe the most unfunny person ever.
You're close, but that honor goes to Jim Belushi.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-26-2008, 01:22 PM
All good choices, but Jimmy Fallon and Carlos Mencia takes the cake. Easily.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Dude, George Lopez is hilarious. A lot of his material is in Spanish so it's hard for some people to "get it" than others. And even if you speak Spanish, there are things culturally that most people don't get. But trust me, he's funny.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worthystevens View Post
All good choices, but Jimmy Fallon and Carlos Mencia takes the cake. Easily.
Good points. Jimmy Fallon truly is the most unfunny "comedian" of all time. He was totally unwatchable on SNL.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Yea I have to strongly disagree, Like El Jefe said some of its would be hard to understand if you don't speak Spanish, but he only speaks a little Spanish. I personally love both his comedy acts and think they're extremely funny. But I am Mexican and lot of his jokes you wouldn't understand if you're not Mexican.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBKyHgoVzwE

I personally love his Mas Puto bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ujHuKzZsA

Personally one of my favorite comedians.

Now I used to like Carlos Mencia but I lost a lot of respect for his comedy act after Joe Rogan came out and confronted him about stealing jokes. I only like a few episode of his show, but it was kind of trying to be Chappelle's show for Mexicans, which he always claims to be, but I'm pretty sure he's not (might have to double check).

Even before when I liked his comedy act, he was nowhere near as funny as George.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-26-2008, 07:47 PM
I've never seen his stand-up, but from those clips posted - it's not bad.

Dude's pretty ugly though. And the ugly guy with a hot wife sitcom format annoys me to no end.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Maybe he'd be better if all of his jokes weren't about Scarface.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo_super1! View Post
Now I used to like Carlos Mencia but I lost a lot of respect for his comedy act after Joe Rogan came out and confronted him about stealing jokes. I only like a few episode of his show, but it was kind of trying to be Chappelle's show for Mexicans, which he always claims to be, but I'm pretty sure he's not (might have to double check).

Even before when I liked his comedy act, he was nowhere near as funny as George.
A few things on Mencia. First of all, dude has no credibility online whatsoever and is prolly the most hated comedian ever. A forum I was on few months back had a thread where they bashed dude into oblivion.....Especially when he got his own show and Rogan punked him hard core at Mencia's own stand up which I'm sure we've all seen. Ever since then Mencia has been viewed as a fraud, liar, unfunny and downright pitiful.

Now with that being said I've always been a fan of Carlos. Yes I've lost respect for him and his show is not my cup of tea(however some of his skits were pretty good) but dude had his prime and imo dude could rip down a stage better than anyone could at the time. I would see him live twice a year and dude would kill it everytime...brutal, punsihing...he was called the Punisher of comedy. He obvioulsy toned down his image and material but he speaks on race as his main focul point..

As far as him being Mexican...he never said he was....I remember an HBO special way back where he said he was from Honduras and because he grew up in East LA he was considered Mexican, no matter what. I hear people bashing him for being a fake Mexican and he never claimed he was. He never mentioned his real name wasn't Carlos Mencia. That was something new but a lot of actors, singers, entertainers period have changed their names and don't get clowned..(maybe cuz his real name really sux lol..). And still he gets bashed for that as well. And then they say he steals jokes. Don't buy it,... but I do know every type of performer, entertainer, director , writer are all influenced and have taken things from others to enhance their acts....no idea is original. But he continues to get hammered..... now they say he's just not funny. And maybe aint. Haven't paid too much attention for minute now. I've learned not to defend the man online cuz its a lost cause. But I do so cuz I think he's been hated on for the wrong reasons.

I've seen him do classic shit on stage.

And I think Lopez is funny but Mencia on his best day kills George.

Sorry for the long rant, but some don't know the facts. Some don't care. Oh shit, this is a George Lopez thread lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I still like Lopez and Mencia. But there stand-ups only. There show are ok at best, but over all Lopez is the best.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 AM
mencia is a fat stealing fuck, and rogan is god.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
mencia is a fat stealing fuck, and rogan is god.
Actually I think Rogan motivated Carlos to get in shape...dude looks slimmer. So u can't hate him for being fat(which really has nothing to do with anything).....unless u just hate fat people period?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture27 View Post
Actually I think Rogan motivated Carlos to get in shape...dude looks slimmer. So u can't hate him for being fat(which really has nothing to do with anything).....unless u just hate fat people period?
dude your looking into my insult too much

i myself am fat. so yeah i don't hate fat people. its just a filler for my insult.


sorry if i offended
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
mencia is a fat stealing fuck, and rogan is god.
Rogan sucks too.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
dude your looking into my insult too much

i myself am fat. so yeah i don't hate fat people. its just a filler for my insult.


sorry if i offended
Nah, no ones offended. Just an observation. But your boy Rogan got dude in the gym, too bad he didn't rub off on you. If you know who your God is , make him happy.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
Rogan sucks too.

yeah but you suck....................................dick
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
yeah but you suck....................................dick
Putting a little smilie face at the end of that doesn't make the insult any better. Watch your tongue, son.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-11-2008, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
Putting a little smilie face at the end of that doesn't make the insult any better. Watch your tongue, son.

don't you call me son, bitch
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
don't you call me son, bitch
Judging by your 1,455 posts I can see that you are no stranger to Joblo so you should know that personal attacks or insults are frowned upon around these parts. Plus it just makes you sound like a douche bag.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
Judging by your 1,455 posts I can see that you are no stranger to Joblo so you should know that personal attacks or insults are frowned upon around these parts. Plus it just makes you sound like a douche bag.
seriously? dude, i thought we were bouncing joke insults off eachother. i guess i got the wrong end of the stick, sorry about that

i never meant any insult, sorry
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
seriously? dude, i thought we were bouncing joke insults off eachother. i guess i got the wrong end of the stick, sorry about that

i never meant any insult, sorry
I don't know how I insulted you. I guess if you consider me saying that Rogan sucks is an insult then maybe. Doesn't matter. It's no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
I don't know how I insulted you. I guess if you consider me saying that Rogan sucks is an insult then maybe. Doesn't matter. It's no problem.

sorry dude, i guess i just took 'watch your tongue,son' the wrong way.
no problemo.

all is good
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-13-2008, 09:14 PM
haha this thread makes me laugh!

as for George lopez:

his stand up is sooo painfully un funny... all it is, is "oh man, Mexican people do theeeese... and white ppl "oh my gawd" that is basically every set up for every joke he has!

BUT... dude seems like a nice dude when ive seen him in interviews, and i did happen to think his show had some funny parts to it (plus his wife AND daughter were hot in that show)

Carlos Mencia... i dont get how anyone can speak good things about him? I used to like hjim, when i first saw his special WAY back before his fame... but then you see him ripping off Bill Cosby and Sam Kinison, with BLATANT rip offs of material.. and there is just no excuse for it. Stand Up is a creative medium, used to express YOUR comedic views on stuff... if you cant do that, than you dont deserve any thing you have gotten

Joe Rogen also sucks
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
haha this thread makes me laugh!

as for George lopez:

his stand up is sooo painfully un funny... all it is, is "oh man, Mexican people do theeeese... and white ppl "oh my gawd" that is basically every set up for every joke he has!

BUT... dude seems like a nice dude when ive seen him in interviews, and i did happen to think his show had some funny parts to it (plus his wife AND daughter were hot in that show)

Carlos Mencia... i dont get how anyone can speak good things about him? I used to like hjim, when i first saw his special WAY back before his fame... but then you see him ripping off Bill Cosby and Sam Kinison, with BLATANT rip offs of material.. and there is just no excuse for it. Stand Up is a creative medium, used to express YOUR comedic views on stuff... if you cant do that, than you dont deserve any thing you have gotten

Joe Rogen also sucks
I'm not a fan of Mencia, despite the fact that I have seen some of his early specials and have laughed at some of his jokes. But what I hate most of all is his delivery. I don't care if his jokes are original and the best jokes in the world. The fact that he yells everything is just unfunny to me. He's no Sam Kinison in that department. However...and I really hate to interject race into this discussion, but for the sake of this argument, I will...do you not think that he gets so much shit because he's Latino? I mean, he's not the first comedian to rip off other more brilliant comedians, I site Denis Leary stealing Bill Hicks' material and Dane Cook stealing Louis C.K.'s material. Yet nobody seems to go after them, at least not to the point of going up on stage and interrupting their shows like Rogan did with Mencia. They're not even Rogan's jokes he's stealing so why does he have to go after him like he does? The truth is that Rogan is and has always been a mediocre comedian, second rate actor and third rate color commentator. He doesn't have to come up with a routine, in my honest opinion, he is the joke.

I thought this was kind of interesting.
Joke Thievery

Last edited by eljefe15; 07-13-2008 at 10:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-13-2008, 11:19 PM
as for Dane Cook and Louis CK... i have heard that argument sooo many times... and i firmly believe that is a case of a similar premise. I mean, Cook isnt taking word for word the joke... he had a premise, one that MANY people could come upw ith... and they both had their joke. I personally dont find Louis Ck to be all that funny, but find Dane Cooks stand up to be quite entertaining!

For Mencia... i think when you have a comedian like Bill Cosby, who has an entire premise, story and punchline to a joke... i mean, that joke IS bill cosby, that joke defines Cosby's humor... and to have this piece of shit Mencia, STEAL that joke... it was just low... and i mean, it is just blatent.. you get material from your life... Mencia has no kids... how could he have possibly thought that joke up??
(the joke in brief is, a father teaches his son how to catch a football, how to drive a car... the son goes to school, gets a scholarship to college, goes to the NFL, and when he wins the super bowl, the camera crews rush to him and what does he say "Hi Mom")! that IS Bill Cosby!

i dont htink the Latuino thing plays into it... i just think that he has ripped off SO many people in his career, and he has gotten FAME and FORTUNE off of the talent of OTHERS, lesser known people that deserve that talent.. that people lIke Joe Rogen had to call him out. Dont get me wrong, i think Joe Rogen sucks ass also.. but it is what it is! Obviously itr hasnt affected Mencia much, as his show is still on comedy central!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
as for Dane Cook and Louis CK... i have heard that argument sooo many times... and i firmly believe that is a case of a similar premise. I mean, Cook isnt taking word for word the joke... he had a premise, one that MANY people could come upw ith... and they both had their joke. I personally dont find Louis Ck to be all that funny, but find Dane Cooks stand up to be quite entertaining!

For Mencia... i think when you have a comedian like Bill Cosby, who has an entire premise, story and punchline to a joke... i mean, that joke IS bill cosby, that joke defines Cosby's humor... and to have this piece of shit Mencia, STEAL that joke... it was just low... and i mean, it is just blatent.. you get material from your life... Mencia has no kids... how could he have possibly thought that joke up??
(the joke in brief is, a father teaches his son how to catch a football, how to drive a car... the son goes to school, gets a scholarship to college, goes to the NFL, and when he wins the super bowl, the camera crews rush to him and what does he say "Hi Mom")! that IS Bill Cosby!

i dont htink the Latuino thing plays into it... i just think that he has ripped off SO many people in his career, and he has gotten FAME and FORTUNE off of the talent of OTHERS, lesser known people that deserve that talent.. that people lIke Joe Rogen had to call him out. Dont get me wrong, i think Joe Rogen sucks ass also.. but it is what it is! Obviously itr hasnt affected Mencia much, as his show is still on comedy central!
Well, I think Cook is terribly unfunny and so is Denis Leary and Bill Hicks too now that you mention it. In fact, even Bill Hicks was accused by Sam Kenison of stealing jokes. Louis C.K., on the other hand is fucking hilarious! "Suck a bag of dicks," is all I have to say. That joke premise alone is infinitely funnier than Cook's entire routine. And just to clear something up, Louis C.K. is not the only one that Cook has stolen from, lets be real.

As for Bill Cosby, well, he happens to be one of my favorite comedians of all time and I know "Bill Cosby: Himself" very well. And to be honest, it makes me sick that, what did you call him? Oh yes, "piece of shit" Mencia! It makes me sick that this piece of shit Mencia has stolen Cosby's joke, even if it was a weak premise, set up and punchline and probably one of the most forgettable jokes in his special. And even if Cosby himself has admitted stealing a joke and premise from George Carlin, himself, which Carlin never called him on nor made a big stink about. You're right in saying that Mencia is a thief. And yes, in my opinion and many others, he's unfunny. But why does he get so much hate when others have stolen jokes from better comedians also? Why do the others get away with it and he doesn't? And if Rogan is so concerned about the integrity of comedy then why does he not call out Dane Cook and Denis Leary and all the rest of them that steal material? Rogan picks on Mencia because he can get away with it.

Last edited by eljefe15; 07-13-2008 at 11:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-13-2008, 11:44 PM
George Lopez's show perpetuates the stereotype that he is funny
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-14-2008, 12:41 AM
cuz Mencia is Latin.. of course...?!?

if that is what your whole point is?? Are you trying to make it down to something as simple as race? Are you Oprah Winfrey?!?

who is Joe Rogen... you cant go after the big dogs... Leary is a big dog... Leary would rip him to shreds (Verbally)... Cook, cook is one of the all time best selling stand up comedians

so what is the problem with him bringing to light someone as simple as Mencia?? And besides, you say "Well Cosby admitted to stealing jokes from carlin .." and stuff... 1) im going to most certainly have to see some sort of evidence to back that claim up... and 2) If comedians borrow premises or similar set ups.. it is generally 1 or 2 jokes, basically all of Mencia's act is stolen material from lesser known comics he has seen in clubs.. his TV show has stolen premises from other comedians and radio stations (there is a you tube video of a radio interview that mencia did, where they adddress the Rogen thing, and Mencia proceeds to explain how original he is by detailing a sketch he has on an upcoming show in which they have the Stereotype Olympics, when mencia leaves the station, one of the DJ's says that he didnt want to bring it up while mencia was in the building, as he didnt want to add fuel to the fire... but the StereoType Olympics was an idea his radio station came up with months prior... and as Mencia was a frequent guest on that station... there was no way he didnt hear that from them"!

Mencia can have all the fame he wants.. for now... but i think once his show is done.. he will fade into obscurity.

and yes... "Suck A Bag of Dicks" is a comical joke by Louis CK... so you are correct.. he has a SINGLE comical joke!!

and to say Bill Hicks isnt funny... thats as close to Blasphemy as a person like me, who doesnt believe in god, can fathom!! (no im not atheist... cuz to be atheist means you belong to a religion)

Last edited by SkyNet; 07-14-2008 at 12:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-14-2008, 03:23 PM
theres too much hating on my man rogan, and im not happy. stop it!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
theres too much hating on my man rogan, and im not happy. stop it!
anyone that can ruin such a great premise as The Man show, the way he and Doug Stanhope did... well, to borrow from Louis CK.. they can both suck a bag of dicks!

plus his stand up, simply isnt comical! He suffers from the disease where he thinks he is WAY better than he actually is!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
theres too much hating on my man rogan, and im not happy. stop it!
You seriously need to get out more and watch more comedians.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
cuz Mencia is Latin.. of course...?!?

if that is what your whole point is?? Are you trying to make it down to something as simple as race? Are you Oprah Winfrey?!?

who is Joe Rogen... you cant go after the big dogs... Leary is a big dog... Leary would rip him to shreds (Verbally)... Cook, cook is one of the all time best selling stand up comedians

so what is the problem with him bringing to light someone as simple as Mencia?? And besides, you say "Well Cosby admitted to stealing jokes from carlin .." and stuff... 1) im going to most certainly have to see some sort of evidence to back that claim up... and 2) If comedians borrow premises or similar set ups.. it is generally 1 or 2 jokes, basically all of Mencia's act is stolen material from lesser known comics he has seen in clubs.. his TV show has stolen premises from other comedians and radio stations (there is a you tube video of a radio interview that mencia did, where they adddress the Rogen thing, and Mencia proceeds to explain how original he is by detailing a sketch he has on an upcoming show in which they have the Stereotype Olympics, when mencia leaves the station, one of the DJ's says that he didnt want to bring it up while mencia was in the building, as he didnt want to add fuel to the fire... but the StereoType Olympics was an idea his radio station came up with months prior... and as Mencia was a frequent guest on that station... there was no way he didnt hear that from them"!

Mencia can have all the fame he wants.. for now... but i think once his show is done.. he will fade into obscurity.

and yes... "Suck A Bag of Dicks" is a comical joke by Louis CK... so you are correct.. he has a SINGLE comical joke!!

and to say Bill Hicks isnt funny... thats as close to Blasphemy as a person like me, who doesnt believe in god, can fathom!! (no im not atheist... cuz to be atheist means you belong to a religion)
I was going to write this whole thing to answer your post but I see no end to this discussion and to be honest I'm kind of bored by it. But yeah, I guess I am Oprah. Rogan can't go after the big dogs. Cook is the best comedian ever. Mencia sucks fat donkey dicks. Louis C.K. has only one good joke. And Bill Hicks is the messiah of stand up comics for non religious, quasi atheists. And as for the Bill Cosby thing, I was just talking out of my ass. There is no info on him admitting to stealing a George Carlin joke.

Whew! I feel much better.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Probably not the unfunniest ever, but pretty low down there. I am definitely NOT a fan.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump