Old 05-19-2008, 11:15 AM
the wachowski brothers

is it just me, that fucking hates these fuckers.

seriously, who the fuck do they think are? they dont do interviews, they don't talk about anything, they must think they dont need to sell a movie. well they do, because their last few films have bombed, joel silver needs to get his ass away from them, i dont know why they still get money to make movies.

the only thing they did decent was the matrix (which the stole ) but other than that, i dont see the point of them, i really fucking dislike them.

fucking pricks

thoughts?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:32 AM
That lawsuit isn't over yet, I don't think. I remember reading about it and thinking "What the hell?"...

Snopes.com Page: Matrix Lawsuit
Old 05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I like their movies, but I think they're supposed to be grade-a cunts.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:39 PM
All style, little substance.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:11 AM
isn`t one of them a woman now?.changed his name and wears dresses hence why they`re just called the wachowskis now?.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
is it just me, that fucking hates these fuckers.

seriously, who the fuck do they think are? they dont do interviews, they don't talk about anything, they must think they dont need to sell a movie. well they do, because their last few films have bombed, joel silver needs to get his ass away from them, i dont know why they still get money to make movies.

the only thing they did decent was the matrix (which the stole ) but other than that, i dont see the point of them, i really fucking dislike them.

fucking pricks

thoughts?
Sounds more like a personal issue.

Terrence Mallick doesn't do interviews either, do you hate him too?

Wachowski bros. don't need to sell a movie. Their past films sell them for them.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Sounds more like a personal issue.

Terrence Mallick doesn't do interviews either, do you hate him too?

Wachowski bros. don't need to sell a movie. Their past films sell them for them.

this is a place for personal opinions, so yeah it is personal hate.

i never said that i hate everyone that doesnt do interviews. i said i hate the fact that these particular two think they can make shitty movies, and still expect anyone to give a shit about their next movie.

their past films aren't selling their new movies too well, since they only every did 3 things that anyone gives a shit about, and their last 2 films have bombed.

i wouldnt finance anything for these fucks.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Quote:

their past films aren't selling their new movies too well, since they only every did 3 things that anyone gives a shit about, and their last 2 films have bombed.
They were three films that qualify as being in the past...

The last two didn't bomb financially:

The Matrix Reloaded

The Matrix Revolutons

If we're talking about their last two directed...
Old 05-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
They were three films that qualify as being in the past...

The last two didn't bomb financially:

The Matrix Reloaded

The Matrix Revolutons

If we're talking about their last two directed...

i should have stated that i meant anything they were involved in heavily

v for vendetta

speed racer

i think joel silver is either really dumb, or just dilusional. i think he is expecting them to come up with something as good as the matrix. sorry but it aint happening.

ha, for all we know they could have stole the matrix idea, meaning they are TOTALLY pointless. fucking pricks!
Old 05-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Sophia Stewart who is suing them is also suing those involved with Terminator...

Old 05-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Sophia Stewart who is suing them is also suing those involved with Terminator...

its not nice to steal

karma is a bitch aint it, that fat klingon and his tranny ass brother should be shot back up their mothers ass, because they are a waste of air.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Quote:

karma is a bitch aint it, that fat klingon and his tranny ass brother should be shot back up their mothers ass, because they are a waste of air.
I think you have it a tad...Backward.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Quote:

She sues anyone who uses the concept of a robot revolution I hear.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:41 AM
I'm not really sure about them. The only movie I've seen by them was Speed Racer, which was pretty good, so I'll give them an okay for now.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:11 AM
I dislike all, but one, of the films they've been involved with. The Matrix was quite good. Assassins was barely watchable. Bound was poor. The Matrix sequels were abysmal. V for Vendetta was one of the worst films i've ever seen.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfiretruck View Post
I'm not really sure about them. The only movie I've seen by them was Speed Racer, which was pretty good, so I'll give them an okay for now.
GO! Rent The Matrix! I implore you!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Quote:
how old are you?
Old 07-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
how old are you?
Why does my age matter? I'm just trying to voice my opinions here.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Why does my age matter? I'm just trying to voice my opinions here.
your profile says your 15, bit retarded not just saying, since you have it open to the public anyways.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Nay. They burned out after the first Matrix (though I did like V for Vendetta).
Old 07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Quote:
your profile says your 15, bit retarded not just saying, since you have it open to the public anyways.
Lol I edited my profile after that post- I figured if anyone really wanted to know they could work through some clicking instead of me just sharing.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Bound - 3/10

Bound, by far the worst Wachowski effort is a completely bland, flashy, and pretentious film which had me checking my watch furiously. The story is very generic and bland. It was as if the Wachowski's had an idea with random characters, but that wasn't original so they just made them lesbians. People call this a masterwork of lesbian cinema. This movie offers nothing to lesbian cinema. One sex scene, and a jumbled story between two annoying female characters does not have anything to do with lesbian cinema. Jennifer Tilly is annoying as usual with her raspy, annoying voice, and her one note style. This movie just took generic and through some lesbians at it. What we are left with is a horrible first effort by the Wachowki's.

The Matrix - 8/10

By far their finest work. Visually stunning, solid story, and great action. Still a heavily flawed film. The line delivery is sometimes way off, which is due to some hokey dialogue courtesy of the Wachowski's. The characters are completely one note and Reeves just constantly looks bored as fuck. Still a good film though.

The Matrix Reloaded - 7/10

After a few lessons of the substance underneath this action packed, stylish and often confusing film, I do appreciate it a bit more. Having said that though, what I've learned is far too "out there" for me to take seriously and a random person could have come up with just as complex and crazy meanings for certain things. The action is fantastic though, and the visuals astounding. I find the Wachowski's with this film and as a whole are very pretentious. They come up with the wildest explanations for things and of people I've talked to, only hardcore fanboys seem to take it in and find it fascinating. They're creative, no doubt, but the reasons why this and Revolutions were not particularly popular with general audiences is not necessarily because they didn't understand it, but because once the complexities were revealed, they just found them laughable or way too "out there" to take seriously. The one note characters continue to do what they do best, and that is, hold the same note over and over. I also did not feel the Trinity and Neo love connection. Felt forced and fake.

The Matrix Revolutions - 6/10

On first viewing, this ultimately became my favorite Matrix film. The action was pretty much non-stop, I loved the sort of dark, depressing mood, and I liked how it ended. But barely any of that held up on re-watches. I've re-watched it probably 3 times since theatres and the action just becomes tiresome and boring. The action is what I loved most about it at first, but it really just didn't keep my interest on re-watches. I still highly enjoyed the dark, depressing mood, and I still quite like the ending. After learning some underlying complexities I also gained some appreciation, but it's still a heavily flawed film. The characters have played the same damn note over and over again, and now that it's the final film that note is getting really irritating. The dialogue is often awkward, pretentious, and boring, and the development of the love between Neo and Trinity becomes even more forced than in Reloaded.

V for Vendetta - 7.5/10

Although not directed by the Wachowki's, they're responsible for the script. The dialogue is much, much better than any Wachowski film to date. The pace much smoother, the storyline better, and the complexities of the plot are more understandable and reasonable, other than The Matrix trilogy which needed a shitload of time and analysis by devoted fans to explain. The characters are still a bit one note, but offer more range than any characters written by the Wachowki's. Although the pacing is good, there are a few moments which reek of weak narrative. Overall though, quite a good movie,

Speed Racer - 5/10

I originally had given this a 6/10, but after deep discussion I realized that the visuals and entertainment value have a very slim chance of holding up on a re-watch. To be safe, I'll take it down one point and will raise it again if the visuals and entertainment value hold up on a re-watch. This movie reeks of style over substance. The dialogue is stylized toward the 60s cartoon, but even then it offers nothing fresh and instead delivers a cluster fuck of cliche, unoriginal, and often cringe worthy lines. The dialogue gets the point across, but then again, how often doesn't dialogue get the point across? The acting is drowned by the terrible dialogue and one note written characters, again, courtesy of the Wachowski's (they love those one note characters). The pacing is often off, and I'm left wondering which race really meant the most. Was it the first race that kicked things off with a bang, was it the lengthy (although I would have liked it to be longer) Crucible, or was it the final Grand Prix race which was about as original and exciting as the final race of Disney/ Pixar's Cars (7/10), which is a better film than Speed Racer BTW. I left the movie almost wanting some complexity that the Wachowki's had me scratching my head over with The Matrix films, and bits of V for Vendetta. Instead, I was given an adaptation of a dreadful 60s cartoon which failed to offer anything new or fresh other than visuals.

So, overall I think the Wachowki's are very talented. They're very crafty filmmakers, but their screenplay material is merely average, save for V for Vendetta. There are MUCH better screenwriters out there who are not as pretentious as the Wachowski's who don't force unnecessary subplots and ridiculously cheesy and random explanations down our throats. If they never make another film again (which is possible considering the utter critical and financial failure of Speed Racer) I would not give two shits.

Last edited by Bourne101; 07-16-2008 at 06:24 PM..
Old 07-16-2008, 06:26 PM
EDIT: Nevermind

redfiretruck, they're asking your age because it's somewhat weird that someone over 15 hasn't seen "The Matrix", nothing important.