Old 07-18-2008, 08:51 PM
The thing that worries me about this third film is that it has A LOT to live up to now.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:53 PM
The Riddler=

This needs to be campaigned until it happens.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I could see Edward Norton being some sort of villian too. The dude could pull it off.

And Lord Simen, I see where you are coming from but recasting the Joker would fucking suck especially in the same trilogy.

I WASNT one of those people saying Jack couldnt be topped. I thought Heath was a brillant choice. With that said, I just think they should somehow make a storyline that the Joker is locked away for good and will never be seen again.
And get a different villian entirely.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post
"An escaped convict from an island prison in South America, Bane has abnormal strength as a result of having had experiments with a derivative of the drug Venom performed on him. He became known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat" when he broke Batman's spinal cord, forcing Bruce Wayne to give up the Batman persona while he recuperated."-- from Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29

I hope that sheds a little light. Personally, I wasn't a heavy reader of Batman comics and the ones I have read were back when I was in elementary/junior high. However, I've always loved Bane as a villian.
Thanks. The 'South America prison' thing rings a bell. I did watch TAS every now and again and that's probably where I heard it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
I could see Edward Norton being some sort of villian too. The dude could pull it off.
Edward Norton is a great actor and would fit in well in the series . . . BUT, he's now involved with the Hulk (and Avengers) series, so it's unlikely he'll be heavily involved with this franchise.
Quote:
And Lord Simen, I see where you are coming from but recasting the Joker would fucking suck especially in the same trilogy.

I WASNT one of those people saying Jack couldnt be topped. I thought Heath was a brillant choice. With that said, I just think they should somehow make a storyline that the Joker is locked away for good and will never be seen again.
And get a different villian entirely.
You're right, it wouldn't be the same now that we've seen Ledger's awesome and incredible portrayal. If Nolan's original plan was to continue a Batman vs. Joker storyline, I do hope he'll go a different route. But if that wasn't the original plan, and there was only a plan for a bit part, or cameo, then I hope they do go ahead . . . for the sake of the awesome and incredible storyline that Nolan (and Goyer) has come up with.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Bigred, good call on Norton being involved with the Hulk. I keep forgetting that. D'oh!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

I don't know I had this feeling after seeing The Dark Knight , that Harvey Two-Face is not dead. That he will most likely pop up for the third movie clearing batman of wrong doing.
He still has a whole lot of people to try and convict.
Cat-woman to set up for a new love interest.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:30 PM
The more and more I think about Batman, and how incredible this second one was, the more and more I wanna kill myself thinking about Catwoman. She would be horrible in Nolan's universe, and would just be a joke. Kicking so much ass and fighting Batman?? It's good for a comic book but not for an entirely grounded bad ass comic book film.

!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you guys really think that Two Face is dead? I don't think Two Face even started, nor do I think he's dead at all. He barely feel from a building, I think he was just knocked the fuck out. Batman fell, and I know he has armor and all, but that doesn't protect you much from a fall.. especially his NEW armor. How could he be dead? Batman even kept talking about how he is the new face of gotham, and how he MUST be a hero to save gotham city (hinting as to how batman can't keep doing it). All of this Two Face dead buisness is insulting me to a degree, do people really BELIEVE a set up that much to think he's just dead? I don't think Gordon said he was dead, or maybe it's just a huge cover up to try and convince the people of Gotham he is dead or recovering. Either way, I 100% think he's alive, and think death rumblings are ridiculous. Am I stupid/wrong?? Someone help me out please... thanks.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
With the ending to The Dark Knight . . . I'm pretty sure that Nolan will be back for a third movie. His story of Batman is not finished and I think he, his brother, and David Goyer have a plan for their finale.
Yeah what the fuck?! He'd better be. I mean, after the Batman Begins ending it could've gone with a different director. (I didn't want it to, but it could have.)

And this thread amuses me.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
NO NOT recast the Joker!!! After seeing Heath's performance there is NO way anyone could fill his shoes.

With that being said, the Joker will be almost impossible to top. My choice for a villian is The Riddler and I say get Daniel Day Lewis.
..and if Nolan ever did a story with a Batman who was a bit older, DD Lewis might make an excellent "Aged" Joker.

My vote would be for Azrael...
Old 07-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME_ON View Post
The Riddler=

Wow, 100% agree with that. He would be ridiculously good...
Old 07-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME_ON View Post
The Riddler=

Yeaaaah . . . who the hell is that?
Old 07-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
I 100% think he's alive, and think death rumblings are ridiculous. Am I stupid/wrong?? Someone help me out please... thanks.
If Commisioner Gordon can fake his death, why can't Two Face? Did we ever see a body at the funeral at the end?
Old 07-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Yeaaaah . . . who the hell is that?
Michael Emerson of Lost.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommie343 View Post
Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

I don't know I had this feeling after seeing The Dark Knight , that Harvey Two-Face is not dead. That he will most likely pop up for the third movie clearing batman of wrong doing.
He still has a whole lot of people to try and convict.
Cat-woman to set up for a new love interest.
quick thought on this. While it's true that death is much more of a real thing in the Nolan-verse Batman, the director isn't averse to using the "earth 2 Robin and Huntress" death when it suits him. Ie, a death with no body, and that happens off-screen, where you can't see any of the machinations of death. Now, I understand that this mostly has to do with the film's rating, but it's how Nolan ended Ra's in Begins, and how he ended Dawes in TDK. I think Dawes is firmly entrenched as dead, it would undo a lot of the emotional impact of a large portion of TDK if she suddenly "got back from France" (you fans of Norman Osbourne will get that remark. Worst. revival. Ever.)

Harver Dent, on the other hand, fell from the top of a building, and Batman, with a bullet wound to him, also survived that fall. I think it's quite possible Dent survived, and, in keeping with the film's PG-13 (ie, non R rating) I think it's possible that he's not dead. I mean, they had the body, right there, and Nolan hasn't killed off any other major character and left a body, so why start now?

I think this film really does compare to "the Empire Strikes back" I wasn't old enough to be in the theatres when that film came out, but what people who are old enough is that, in the days before the internet, what people came out and talked about after that movie, for the next three years until Jedi came out, was the whole Luke and Vader and father thing. Empire ended in a very open ended way, and I think TDK also ends very much open ended. I think we'll probably see more of Two-face in the next film.

Also, few other things, I think that one of the ideas from Knightfall has already seen it's way into the Nolan-verse. Bane was the first bad-guy in comics who, thinking about ways to destroy Batman, stroked his beard and thought to himself "you know what would be cool? To make the walls of Arkymn come tumbling down and to release every single Maniac in there at once!" That already happened in Batman Begins. So, I certainly think that the idea of Bane fits into a Nolan-verse Batman.

I still utterly, and completely HATE the idea of black mask, and unless we get a halley berry catwoman-esque reinvention (which wouldn't make sense, because Nolan doesn't like to put square pegs in round holes) I wouldn't touch it. Yeah, I see how Black mask does the whole mob thing, but the thing is he's the lamest of the lame bad guys. His biggest story ever, in the comics, was quickly realized by the management as a collassal mistake, and he was killed off, and all the damage he did was retconned. That recon was complete when, and I swear I am not making this up, the "big death" mask was responsible for just got back from Africa. I cringe at how it was done, but I'm happy because I'm a big fan of Steph.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Am the only one who thinks a sequel will be useless and irrelevant at this point. I mean the way the film ended, Batman is a complete outcast and is hated and accepted by some. Harvey is the last good image of Gotham to give Gotham hope. The story is complete Batman can't redeem himself he'll always be an outcast it was already established in the film.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
Am the only one who thinks a sequel will be useless and irrelevant at this point. I mean the way the film ended, Batman is a complete outcast and is hated and accepted by some. Harvey is the last good image of Gotham to give Gotham hope. The story is complete Batman can't redeem himself he'll always be an outcast it was already established in the film.
How is the story complete? Batman remains an outcast? That would be like saying the Star Wars saga would be complete after Empire Strikes Back with Han stuck in carbonite and the rebellion down and out.

No . . . there is still at least one more chapter in this series. The last time I checked, the series was about Batman, and not Harvey "Two-Face" Dent. Having the hero in exile is no way to end the movie.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Quote:
How is the story complete? Batman remains an outcast? That would be like saying the Star Wars saga would be complete after Empire Strikes Back with Han stuck in carbonite and the rebellion down and out.

No . . . there is still at least one more chapter in this series. The last time I checked, the series was about Batman, and not Harvey "Two-Face" Dent. Having the hero in exile is no way to end the movie.
Well if you know the Batman comics, Batman was always an outcast. Having a hero like Batman in exile is the only way, he's not Spider-Man where he's loved by the public. And this is nothing like Star Wars when the film ended with a cliffhanger ending, the ending to The Dark Knight was a finished story.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Well if you know the Batman comics, Batman was always an outcast. Having a hero like Batman in exile is the only way, he's not Spider-Man where he's loved by the public. And this is nothing like Star Wars when the film ended with a cliffhanger ending, the ending to The Dark Knight was a finished story.
I totally get what you're saying, and kinda dig the note that this movie went out on, but no way in hell do I believe this is a fitting ending. Not now, not ever. The ending to The Dark Knight was a finished chapter, the story hasn't ended yet.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:34 AM
when Bruce Wayne asks Lucius if the suit will hold dog bites, Lucius says even Cats bite

The Joker can and should be recasted. Just because we know that the previous actor who portrayed the joker is gone, that doesn't have to actually happen to the character. Its a movie, and what we enjoy is the actors performance, not necessarily the actor himself.

Last edited by gorila; 07-19-2008 at 01:36 AM..
Old 07-19-2008, 02:00 AM
Quote:
So was Batman Begins, but they continued it. I'd have no problem with it ending with The Dark Knight, but I would prefer another chapter . . . and I'd be willing to bet that the series/saga will continue. Batman made himself an outcast when he put himself in the mask, but a hated outcast is pushing it.

I don't know the comics well, at all; but from what I've seen from TAS, he's not being hunted 24-7 by police and the "authorities" for taking the fall for Harvey Dent's alter ego.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:04 AM
I will miss the hype oh so much.

No longer can I cover my eyes and ears when trailers come on to save my self for the movie
No longer can I text everyone in my contacts with how many days there are left
No longer can I wait for July 17th, 2008 to have Batman day.
And Most importantly
I can't say, "Dude I can NOT wait for the Dark Knight."

I'm listening to "The Hill" on The ONCE soundtrack, and Barry Manilow is next.

Goodbye Dark Knight hype. You will be missed!
Old 07-19-2008, 02:13 AM
How did I miss this Harvey Dent funeral business? I thought he was still alive.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Spidey is/was not always loved by the public even in the comics. But that's not the thread topic so .
Old 07-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Now that Rachel is dead, Catwoman would be the perfect character to bring in. If anyone can redeem her character after the horror that was the Halle Berry film it's Nolan
Old 07-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorila View Post
when Bruce Wayne asks Lucius if the suit will hold dog bites, Lucius says even Cats bite

The Joker can and should be recasted. Just because we know that the previous actor who portrayed the joker is gone, that doesn't have to actually happen to the character. Its a movie, and what we enjoy is the actors performance, not necessarily the actor himself.
Having the Joker just re-casted would be an insult to all Ledger worked for, his performance was praised and is at such a high point. By recasting your just saying oh we can just bring someone new to a role and completely forget who was the Joker in the last film. This isn't Rachel Dawes were talking about.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Quote:
So was Batman Begins, but they continued it. I'd have no problem with it ending with The Dark Knight, but I would prefer another chapter . . . and I'd be willing to bet that the series/saga will continue. Batman made himself an outcast when he put himself in the mask, but a hated outcast is pushing it.

I don't know the comics well, at all; but from what I've seen from TAS, he's not being hunted 24-7 by police and the "authorities" for taking the fall for Harvey Dent's alter ego.
Batman Begins was a complete story, but the introduction of the Joker card it left room for a sequel. The Dark Knight is a chapter and a complete book at the same time. And if were gonna use TAS to compare to this film than Two-Face didn't even die in the series and Batman was still being hunted, but Gordan was his only friend left.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Spidey is/was not always loved by the public even in the comics. But that's not the thread topic so .
Depends on which comics your talking about, in Spider-Man and parts of Spider-Man 2, he was hated by the public eye. But in Spider-Man 3 he is loved with parades in his honor. Batman will be blamed because like Gordan said he can take the blame, some citizens of Gotham will know deep down Batman is still a hero while others believe him to be responsible for everything that has occurred in Gotham.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
Now that Rachel is dead, Catwoman would be the perfect character to bring in. If anyone can redeem her character after the horror that was the Halle Berry film it's Nolan
After The Dark Knight, which featured Two-Face and the Joker bringing Catwoman in would be terrible. How could she further progress the story, Rachel was Bruce's connection with the real world, now its broken. Catwoman would only mean Bruce is becoming more and more like the freaks adapting and becoming use to them. It would basically be a Batman romance movie, something Nolan shouldn't waste his time on.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
The Mad Hatter was introduced in this so I'm thinking him.
Quote:
I believe it was the gentlemen that Harvey Dent slapped down in a chair in a back alley and wanted to know where the Joker was. The guy with the "Rachel Dawes" nametag on his stolen police uniform.
Nah. The Mad Hatter's real name is Jervis Tetch, and that's not what Batman called him. IMDb lists him as "Joker's Thug."

Where's this Mad Hatter stuff coming from anyway?
Old 07-19-2008, 09:46 AM
this batman shit has got out of fucking hand, this movie is not gonna be out another 3-4 years, this thread is a fucking joke.

just adding my two cents.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7xfan View Post
this batman shit has got out of fucking hand, this movie is not gonna be out another 3-4 years, this thread is a fucking joke.

And for once, I cosign you.

Seriously, I'm a huge fan boy and even I think this is pretty ridiculous. Not only was TDK released just the other day, but a third film hasn't even been confirmed by anyone at all, and plus, as others have stated earlier, there's a fucking BATMAN FORUM right here where you can talk about all your wildest fan boy imaginations regarding the possible future of this franchise.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 07-19-2008 at 10:12 AM..
Old 07-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Quote:

People who reply to threads that they don't like and have nothing to contribute to, that's the real joke.

This is just a bunch of speculation. Nothing at all wrong with that. I'm enjoying reading who people think will be the next villain.

So, take of eh, ya hoser.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight81 View Post
How did I miss this Harvey Dent funeral business? I thought he was still alive.
I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a funeral in the ending montage when they're talking about rewarding good faith. There was a large banner with his face on it and someone speaking at a podium. Wasn't much, but I guess I just assumed it was his funeral.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:47 PM
SPOILERS FOR THE DARK KNIGHT

here is the way i see it.

- Harvey might be dead, but Two Face is very much alive. I think it was too ambiguous to have him be dead. They have a memorial service to protect Harvey's name, but in fact they might put him in Arkham under an alias to protect Gotham's hero that inspires. He was only unconscience. His coin ws heads up when he fell, the camera showed it for a reason.

- Perfect opportunity to have Selina Kyle introduced. Rachel is gone, they will need a new female lead.

- Anyone notice the name of the Joker's thug that gets interrogated by Dent? Jervis Tetch. aka the Mad Hatter. haha. Not that i suspect he'll have anything to do with a third film but its an interesting cameo.

- I don't want another Joker, Heath is too damn good. Let him cause some anarchy somehow from his cell or something.

- i think the theme for this might be redemption and the general publics acceptance of batman.

- If Nolan leaves, thats fine. I don't necessarily think TDK needs a sequel but the Studio will likely make another whether Nolan is on or not. I'd love, love to see him come back though.

- It's hard to talk about a sequel right now. I just want to flock in the field of TDK.

Last edited by APzombie; 07-19-2008 at 12:49 PM..
Old 07-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Nah. The Mad Hatter's real name is Jervis Tetch, and that's not what Batman called him. IMDb lists him as "Joker's Thug."

Where's this Mad Hatter stuff coming from anyway?
Batman said he is a schizophrenic named Jerviz Tetch...and the pool stick was to fight for the last spot in Joker's gang.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I think that Two-Face has to be prominent in the third movie. I don't there is anyway around it.

What bothers me, is where now? The Dark Knight used two of the most iconic characters in the franchise. How do you top that for a third?

The Joker can't come back, and not just because of the death of Ledger. His story arc was used and worked wonderfully. We don't want too much of a good thing.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Quote:

Quote:
And for once, I cosign you.

Seriously, I'm a huge fan boy and even I think this is pretty ridiculous. Not only was TDK released just the other day, but a third film hasn't even been confirmed by anyone at all, and plus, as others have stated earlier, there's a fucking BATMAN FORUM right here where you can talk about all your wildest fan boy imaginations regarding the possible future of this franchise.
Well, I do not know but I am pretty sure that nobody is making you participate in it. It is really that simple, if you do not like the thread don't go to it. I'm not gonna go and complain nonstop every time a thread I do not like is posted, I will just surpass it and look at others. Obviously there are some people that are enjoying it due to the fact that we are well into the second page already and there are people participating. And as far as this thread being a "joke", I just gotta ask you...

Old 07-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I like this thread just because i can talk about the movie without having to put SPOILER!! marks on everything i say about The Dark Knight.

..but anyway, id go with Joker returning for a brief time, even if its just for his trial, since his character didnt seem to be over yet. He wouldnt even need the make-up.

Id also bring in BANE. To me, hes the most menacing foe left to face. Cunning, brutal, and willing to cross the one line Batman finds himself unable to. His own career was even inspired by The Dark Knight.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
I like this thread just because i can talk about the movie without having to put SPOILER!! marks on everything i say about The Dark Knight.

..but anyway, id go with Joker returning for a brief time, even if its just for his trial, since his character didnt seem to be over yet. He wouldnt even need the make-up.

Id also bring in BANE. To me, hes the most menacing foe left to face. Cunning, brutal, and willing to cross the one line Batman finds himself unable to. His own career was even inspired by The Dark Knight.
I am not sold on the whole Bane character yet, but I really believe that Two-Face has to be back in the next movie. Now, he is pissed off more than ever, and is seeking revenge with Batman and Gordon.

P.S. Did anybody else think that when Rachel was talking to Dent just before she died, that she was going to tell him that Bruce really was Batman? I was just kinda waiting for her to blurt it out.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:16 PM
I think the next film should have the Joker on trial, gets his last laugh somehow in the courtroom, and then presumably is thrown into Arkham for eternity. I'm assuming the public will try to encourage Harvey back to office, he'll have some sort of prosthetic or bandage on his face allowing his face to mend somewhat. He will be prosecuting the Joker when he just has a complete mental breakdown when the Joker plays mental games with him. Harvey flees the courtroom and makes the sewers his home during the day, leaving only at night to take revenge on those who ruined his life. Bruce meanwhile falls for an ordinary everyday woman named Selina Kyle, who has her own night life.

Last edited by DarkKnight81; 07-19-2008 at 02:18 PM..