#41  
Old 07-15-2008, 10:18 PM
best buy will have the terminator tv series steelbook
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzter View Post
best buy will have the terminator tv series steelbook
Sweet! Any cover art yet?


Also, Sir Dizzy, I do not think the PrideFC 2000GP is a best buy exclusive. I bought mine from Amazon (not a seller) and it was the steelbook there as well.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-15-2008, 11:18 PM
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...7&catid=14763#
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 AM
HAHAHAAA

I present you the 1st lenticular steelbook (from Korea)

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Pride FC is an OOP (1st ever US two-tone steelbook) limitedly sold to retail stores:

1. Bestbuy
2. Frys
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-16-2008, 04:49 PM
If I may ask. What is the point of Steelbooks, is it just like a collecters item or something?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbsred View Post
If I may ask. What is the point of Steelbooks, is it just like a collecters item or something?
Some are. I just like them because the case is cool.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLuke View Post
Pride FC is an OOP (1st ever US two-tone steelbook) limitedly sold to retail stores:

1. Bestbuy
2. Frys
Except not:
http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Fighting...248490&sr=8-37
http://secure.sherdog.com/eshop/10Ex...roductCode=357
http://entertainment.circuitcity.com...&catOid=-13219
http://www.google.com/products?q=pri...oducts&show=dd


Steelbook is the only way that was ever made as one set. There was the previous release that is OOP but not steelbook and it is split into the opening round as well as the finals. The current steelbook is neither OOP or a store exclusive. It is the standard release that can be found most anywhere that sells Pride FC DVDs (A little harder to find than UFC, but not hard by any means).
Here is the OOP releases (non-steelbook)
http://www.amazon.com/Pride-FC-Grand...6248746&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Pride-FC-Fight...6248746&sr=1-3
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Scottmushroom, I did emphasize "limited" & "retail stores" - I dont want to expand further on online stores (if u would like to debate Im open to slam ur sources & ur lack of research).

Dont b a wise ass tellin me that its not oop & available everywhere (i agree w/ u on hard to find though).

Try tellin ur post to Navarre & BCI Eclipse (pride's dvd distributor). Take note, Zuffa bought Pride & its video rights & distribution last 2007. thus any pre-pride/ufc merging dvd release were immediately discontinued & out of print (meaning those u see sold are last of if its batch)





Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
Except not:
http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Fighting...248490&sr=8-37
http://secure.sherdog.com/eshop/10Ex...roductCode=357
http://entertainment.circuitcity.com...&catOid=-13219
http://www.google.com/products?q=pri...oducts&show=dd


Steelbook is the only way that was ever made as one set. There was the previous release that is OOP but not steelbook and it is split into the opening round as well as the finals. The current steelbook is neither OOP or a store exclusive. It is the standard release that can be found most anywhere that sells Pride FC DVDs (A little harder to find than UFC, but not hard by any means).
Here is the OOP releases (non-steelbook)
http://www.amazon.com/Pride-FC-Grand...6248746&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Pride-FC-Fight...6248746&sr=1-3
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-16-2008, 07:02 PM
i am sick and tired of checking the steelbook thread and always seeing everyone argue.. this thread is not about info on steelbooks anymore but rather try to out smart the other and try to prove each other wrong... and i for one am sick of this crap in this thread,

makes me wanna start to look some place else for steelbook info...
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLuke View Post
Scottmushroom, I did emphasize "limited" & "retail stores" - I dont want to expand further on online stores (if u would like to debate Im open to slam ur sources & ur lack of research).

Dont b a wise ass tellin me that its not oop & available everywhere (i agree w/ u on hard to find though).

Try tellin ur post to Navarre & BCI Eclipse (pride's dvd distributor). Take note, Zuffa bought Pride & its video rights & distribution last 2007. thus any pre-pride/ufc merging dvd release were immediately discontinued & out of print (meaning those u see sold are last of if its batch)
I'm sorry but this ass needs to be banned. It's gone from just trying to get a rise out of people to going on the attack and acting like he's the be all end all of steelbooks. Notice how all the arguing centers on JL one way or another. A moderator needs to step in and interceed so this thread can go back to normal without constant criticism from the same person over and over. If someone makes a comment you think is erroneous there is a better way to respond then to shoot your mouth off at them. JL is constantly making nonsense posts that are obviously false, or attacking other people's comments that weren't even directed at him. If you have something to say you need to find a tasteful way to say it. If this was another forum he would have been banned long ago. I'll await his next smart ass reply to me.........
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:48 PM
well.. do any of you actually use the "Report This Post To A Moderator"... i dont, cuz he doesnt bother me... but it appears if you all start using that button on posts that he lies about or what not.. you could do something about it!

Steelbooks are cool!!!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Trust me when I say that I deal with everything that comes through my E-Mail inbox or PMs here.

If there are more problems with the specific topic of steelbooks (ie: senseless arguing and bickering) I will take down this thread.

bourahioro - Moderator
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourahioro View Post
Trust me when I say that I deal with everything that comes through my E-Mail inbox or PMs here.

If there are more problems with the specific topic of steelbooks (ie: senseless arguing and bickering) I will take down this thread.

bourahioro - Moderator
Thanks. I try to avoid posting in a way that will egg JL on, but I do like to correct false info he puts out there to back it up. I ignore the stupid posts, but when he posts bad info I don't want others going off it.

As for the Pride steelbook. It is readily available, not hard to find, and still is getting restocked at places it is carried. The UFC buyout of Pride happened over a year ago and the old distributer of their DVDs still releases them, they just are not handling the new ones. Zuffa just receives the cut that DSE (Pride's previous owners) used to.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzter View Post
here are a few titles that would be awesome in steelbooks

childs play all 5 films
star wars films
start trek films
I would love a star wars set. This was one of the best ideas I have heard:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...96&postcount=9

As I was reading through the post I couldn't stop thinking how awesome the idea is.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-17-2008, 01:18 AM

Here is the actual photo image of the controversial steelbook discussed in this page.

$30 above is the pricetag ( its worth the price especially for MMA fans )
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-17-2008, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xage View Post

Here is the actual photo image of the controversial steelbook discussed in this page.

$30 above is the pricetag ( its worth the price especially for MMA fans )
Its a great set. The fights are great (Royce Gracie-Kazushi Sakuraba 90 min fight). I love how the belt is elevated on the packaging. I was very disappointed when they didn't release the 2003 GP in a steelbook to match this one.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-17-2008, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourahioro View Post
Trust me when I say that I deal with everything that comes through my E-Mail inbox or PMs here.

If there are more problems with the specific topic of steelbooks (ie: senseless arguing and bickering) I will take down this thread.

bourahioro - Moderator
*cues smoke machines and scary music*
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-17-2008, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
well.. do any of you actually use the "Report This Post To A Moderator"... i dont, cuz he doesnt bother me... but it appears if you all start using that button on posts that he lies about or what not.. you could do something about it!

Steelbooks are cool!!!
Well, I found the Report a Post button, went ahead and used it on JL, and I got an email that said I (We) "don't have to worry about JimmyLuke any longer, he/she/it is no longer an issue any longer as of about 2 hours ago" (12:15 AM CST). I think he just got himself banned. FINALLY! Thanks bourahioro, for whatever you did. Even if he is not banned, hopefully he'll lighten up and contribute to the thread and not make false claims or crappy remarks. Some (very few anyway) of his posts were okay. Speaking of which, did anyone else score the Monster Quest Steelbook at Fry's for the same price he did?

Last edited by mr. b_dvd; 07-17-2008 at 03:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-17-2008, 06:09 AM
PRIDE FC 2000 GP STEELBOOK

I recently bought this one at Best Buy. It had a sticker price of $14.99. It scanned $29.99 at the register but the cashier adjusted it for me. Dont know if thats the case at all the Best Buys or if I just got lucky. By the way I am not sure that dude really got those Monsterquest steelbooks for $9.99...knowing his track record it may be just another false report and doctored picture.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Another new REgion 2 announcement

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AversionTherapy View Post
Another new REgion 2 announcement


sweet steelbook i want it........lol. must have it....
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AversionTherapy View Post
Another new REgion 2 announcement

That looks sweet. I wish R1 got half the badass releases R2 does
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-17-2008, 11:10 AM
question for those who have Region 2 steelbooks

I would like to know, are these steelbooks?

The Terminator

Alien

Aliens

Or how about this page?

And any news on the rumored FYE exclusive Starship troopers 3 steelbook?

EDIT: If anyone has the Aliens steelbook post pics!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
I would like to know, are these steelbooks?

The Terminator

Alien

Aliens

Or how about this page?

And any news on the rumored FYE exclusive Starship troopers 3 steelbook?

EDIT: If anyone has the Aliens steelbook post pics!
As far as I know (Aversion might know better) the definitive versions are most if not all steelbooks.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Okay seeing all of these Steelbooks and everything has been quite kickass, so where would be a good place to find them. Just like amazon or ebay, or go to Best Buy?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourahioro View Post
Trust me when I say that I deal with everything that comes through my E-Mail inbox or PMs here.

If there are more problems with the specific topic of steelbooks (ie: senseless arguing and bickering) I will take down this thread.

bourahioro - Moderator
Sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbsred View Post
Okay seeing all of these Steelbooks and everything has been quite kickass, so where would be a good place to find them. Just like amazon or ebay, or go to Best Buy?
Best Buys a good start as they have a lot of Steelbooks (Die Hards, Bourne, I Am Legend, Batman: Gotham Knight).

FYE (or any Transworld owned stores) would be next. They may have some left, but it seems that their Sweeney Todds and Beowulfs and pretty much all TWEC Steels are very limited.

Ebay is good for OOP but be prepared to pay a decent amount on there (even ones you can still buy at stores are being put on ebay for retarded amounts).

Amazon is another good place to find some OOP or good deals.

Last edited by bdubprod; 07-17-2008 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Damn, I want the 21 steelbook.

R1 sucks when it comes to steelbooks.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
That looks sweet. I wish R1 got half the badass releases R2 does
exactly what i always say.
=( makes me sad to think that we will never get that.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbsred View Post
Okay seeing all of these Steelbooks and everything has been quite kickass, so where would be a good place to find them. Just like amazon or ebay, or go to Best Buy?
BB is good for a lot of them. Amazon has good prices on some of the wide release ones.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-18-2008, 12:41 AM
i remember the good ol' days just under a year ago, when we were talking about being excited for the death proof and planet terror steels. this (even though new now) thread sure has taken a different route over the past 4 or so months.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
I would like to know, are these steelbooks?

The Terminator

Alien

Aliens

Or how about this page?

And any news on the rumored FYE exclusive Starship troopers 3 steelbook?

EDIT: If anyone has the Aliens steelbook post pics!

The aliens ones are steelbooks but the terminator ones arent. The definitive editions are 70% steels but there are a fair few that are just normal cases.



The aliens ones i have are in the middle, hope that helps
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-19-2008, 12:13 PM
So I bought my first Region 2 UK steelbook yesterday, I ordered Clerks X off of amazon.co.uk. Its going to run me around $30 it would be less if the US dollar wasn't so worthless right now as it was like only 14.96 pounds,

I was also going to order Pulp Fiction and Flash Gordon steelbooks but they had the wrong images and didn't clarify they were steelbooks. I saw some from some users but I am now wary of buying steelbooks from Amazon sellers other than Amazon itself because I ordered Cast Away twice and never got it. I got refunds both times but that is frustrating to keep ordering something and never getting it and this was from US sellers god knows what would happen if I ordered from across the seas sellers.

I think I will get flash gordon and pulp fiction off of HMV.com as they list them right and have the right pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-19-2008, 12:54 PM
was it ever figured out why we (Region 1) only get certain stelbooks and other regions get a shit load more??

it seems to me that they all pretty well sell out here... so obviously Region 1 has a nice market for it.. why do the studios and the steelbook company decide not to give Region 1 all the good shit??
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
was it ever figured out why we (Region 1) only get certain stelbooks and other regions get a shit load more??

it seems to me that they all pretty well sell out here... so obviously Region 1 has a nice market for it.. why do the studios and the steelbook company decide not to give Region 1 all the good shit??
Licensing is the main issue.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xage View Post
Licensing is the main issue.
i may need a more detailed response!! I mean, i know what licensing is, and i know how it works.. but in the terms of the Steelbooks, maybe im just not thinking about it... but ya, if you could go ahead and spell it out for me!!

thanks dude
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-19-2008, 11:22 PM
From what I've read in the past, Steelbooks have been readily available overseas longer (around 2003 or so) and have more than we do mainly because they are manufactured over there by a company from Denmark, called Scanavo. I think I remember that they have two plants that make them, but I'm not sure about that, and for all I know, they might have more. With two plants available for Europe (or posibly more) and the company based in Denmark, it's no coincidence that Europe has a greater number of steelbooks than we do. They also have their North American offices based in Canada, and they have an office in Hong Kong. This might explain why Canada gets a bit more steelbook love than the US, and I've also seen some cool Steelbooks come out of Hong Kong. They planned on opening a plant here in Ohio, and they launched a grand opening of the plant on 11/13/07, so now they can churn them out faster than before for the US market. I also have read that the time it takes to get a steelbook up is longer than a standard dvd case. I mean, they not only have to finalize the artwork, they have to get it to Scanavo, and then they have to get the artwork printed up on the cases. I don't know if the dvd's are packaged at the same time as the cases are being made, or at the same plant. If they are not packaged where the cases are made, then there would be additional time to get the two of them together. With a plant here in the states now, we will (or already are) see a steady increase in steelbooks. I'm sure licensing also plays an issue as well, but I'm not familiar with that at all. I'd imagine also that some studios are too eager to put a movie out on dvd, so they pass on the longer time frame for a steelbook and put out a more traditional one. It might be also that the US market is so large, compared to other regions or countries, that they pass on the steelbook for us and only do it for regions were the markets are smaller than ours. I'm merely speculating here, because I can't really understand why they would release a movie in steelbook form elsewhere (like Canada) and not here, except for the possible reason I just stated. Licensing might be an issue as well in that for some reason, Scanavo limits who gets the steelbook, or one company in Canada gets the rights for the Steelbook, but no one in the US does. Hell, I have no clue on that subject. It does suck that we don't get some of the cool ones that have come out up in Canada and overseas.

If you want to read it all for yourself, check out scanavo.com and steelbook.com. You can learn about how they came to be, and what press releases they have had.

Last edited by mr. b_dvd; 07-19-2008 at 11:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
I would like to know, are these steelbooks?

The Terminator

Alien

Aliens

Or how about this page?

And any news on the rumored FYE exclusive Starship troopers 3 steelbook?

EDIT: If anyone has the Aliens steelbook post pics!
starship troopers 3 is gona be a steelbook, I already pre-ordered it about a week or two ago
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyckedDreamz View Post
starship troopers 3 is gona be a steelbook, I already pre-ordered it about a week or two ago
I'll pick that one up then. My FYE just got a new shipment of D-wars in. like twelve steelbooks. Also Best Buy has Bourne on sale for 14.99!
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-26-2008, 09:37 PM
How rare is the MI 3 Steelbook?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump