Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. Why all the love?

I'm a big slasher fan like most horror hounds. And, like most horror hounds I love me some Jason Voorhees.

Lots of fans claim that The Final Chapter is among the best of the bunch. If not THE best of the bunch. I just dont see it. I find it to be a very dull, lifeless slasher.

I will give it some credit for being the most brutal of all the Friday flicks. But everything in between the sweet kills is pure Zzzzzzzz...

There werent any likable characters accept maybe for Jim and Corey Feldman. The cast all seemed to have the same face if you know what I mean. I know that the Fridays flicks arent known for their character development but most of the films in the series has at least one character you can get behind. The heroin is Part 1, 2 and 3 are all likeable enough. Hell even the much hated part 5 has better characters. Part 6 has probably the most likable leads in the series. Part 7 has the ok Carrie knock off and I havent seen part 8 and 9 in a while so I cant judge. Jason X is pure cheesy fun all the way through.

So I'm just a little confused on the love for The Final Chapter. Aside from some great kills its a very lifeless and boring movie imo.