Old 08-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Just ordered the Boondock Saints Steelbook.

Anyone that's been to Best Buy, did they have 27438253467896789 copies like usual?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AversionTherapy View Post
what sites are those steelbooks available to pre-order on?
Indy is HMV.com

Hulk and Iron Man is Play.com
Old 08-19-2008, 02:03 PM
picked up Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles today...this brings me to 28 Steelbooks

Old 08-19-2008, 03:40 PM
i also picked up Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles my bestbuy only had two copies.. so bought both....lol
Old 08-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Mine had between 5 and 10. I just bought one for me.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Here is what I gathered from a Bestbuy Marketing Insider said that Warner home video contracted Bestbuy & Scanovo for 50,000 copies. It may or may not be true.. but from where Im at right now its raining numerous stocks on hand.

I have been to several Bestbuys today ( to get one and check if its true ) and my conclusion: it seems that the so called "2" per store is exagerated and ridiculously misinterpreted by most steelbook follower/resellers.

here is a cp shot from one Bestbuy store (who reportedly got like 75 in stock) as of 5:30pm today they still have 48 in stock

Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xage View Post
Here is what I gathered from a Bestbuy Marketing Insider said that Warner home video contracted Bestbuy & Scanovo for 50,000 copies. It may or may not be true.. but from where Im at right now its raining numerous stocks on hand.

I have been to several Bestbuys today ( to get one and check if its true ) and my conclusion: it seems that the so called "2" per store is exagerated and ridiculously misinterpreted by most steelbook follower/resellers.

here is a cp shot from one Bestbuy store (who reportedly got like 75 in stock) as of 5:30pm today they still have 48 in stock
May I ask what area location you are at or the Bestbuy store location area? Thanks xage!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:28 AM
snausages.. sent you pm

anyways:

Steelbook Haul for me this week..

Too much talk on the Sarah Connor Steelbook...

It seem like most forgot about the blunder of distribution that Funimation did with its 1st batch of Geneon re-releases (including steelbooks supposedly available today) today 08/19/08

Oh, the Proposition and Immortal Steelbooks.. go get it while it cost $9.99 at Target (YMMV)

Last edited by xage; 08-20-2008 at 12:34 AM..
Old 08-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Quote:
snausages.. sent you pm

anyways:

It seem like most forgot about the blunder of distribution that Funimation did with its 1st batch of Geneon re-releases (including steelbooks supposedly available today) today 08/19/08

Oh, the Proposition and Immortal Steelbooks.. go get it while it cost $9.99 at Target (YMMV)
They are only 10 bucks each?!? Right on, Im going to Target tomorrow for both. Did they have The Breed as well? I think that came out today as well.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Up To Thirty This Week Plus Dark Knight, Indy, And Iron Man On Pre-Order!

(I've Got Better Pics If Anyone Wants Close-Ups)

Last edited by camaron08; 08-20-2008 at 11:22 AM..
Old 08-20-2008, 01:33 PM
i dont know if anyone will know the area but i hit the bb is south philly about 5pm and they had none left and were not sure how many they got in then i hit the bb in springfield in delco and i got the last one about 8:30 pm im talking about terminator t.s.c.c. steelbook
Old 08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
the breed is a sept 16th release date
Old 08-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Quote:
snausages.. sent you pm

anyways:

Xage, is that a Canadian Target or American one?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.target.com/Proposition-Da...osition&page=1

That it?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:05 PM
I picked up Proposition and Immortal at Target for 10 bucks each today putting me at 38 steelbooks. I also reserved Iron Man and The Godfather today. The Target is a US one.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:11 PM
On Bestbuy.com, it says order the Steelbook of Terminator. I click on it and it takes me to just the regular DVD...
Old 08-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
I picked up Proposition and Immortal at Target for 10 bucks each today putting me at 38 steelbooks. I also reserved Iron Man and The Godfather today. The Target is a US one.
Alright. Going....right...............NOW!
Old 08-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Im back.....they had them.....you guys rock.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:29 PM
ok now i need to check target, damnit I am running low on money

and I went back to exchange my Sarah Connor Chronicles today because mine had a loose disk and my best buy was completely out of them so that sucks for me
Old 08-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Quote:

$10 each! Times like this I wish I had twenty bucks...
Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 PM
just got back from my local target i got the last immortal and they had 1 proposition left after i bought mine thanks guys i was going to order them from fye.com for like 13.50 or something but i would of had to wait for them
Old 08-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubprod View Post
$10 each! Times like this I wish I had twenty bucks...
haha I helped one of my bosses move a couch and he gave me 20 bucks so I went to target. I really like the looks of both steelbooks....especially the shimmer/raised lettering on Immortal. The Sarah Conner steelbook is pretty sweet as well. Very smooth and simple.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:09 PM
I'll just order Proposition from FYE.com Friday. Target will probably be sold out.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Ah, I am a weak weak man. Got both The Proposition and Immortal at Target for 9.99. Thanks for the heads up on this one. Excellent find.

This brings me to 30 Steelbooks.

Last edited by bdubprod; 08-20-2008 at 06:45 PM..
Old 08-20-2008, 07:25 PM
My Target had several of both The Proposition and Immortal. I can't see to many people that aren't movie buffs or Steelbook collectors being interested in either. Anyway, thanks for the heads up as I was going to order them as well. Honestly $9.99 is a steal for new release steelbooks.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieManiac View Post
just got back from my local target i got the last immortal and they had 1 proposition left after i bought mine thanks guys i was going to order them from fye.com for like 13.50 or something but i would of had to wait for them
Exact same situation for me except I made noises as I lifted the two dvds out of their slots. I sang the choir of the angels tune that some of us geeks(or at least the ones I know) sing when mega cool shit is happening. Some guy in fatigues next to me was a little weirded out.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:48 PM
its high noon at the Steelbook Corral!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubprod View Post
Ah, I am a weak weak man. Got both The Proposition and Immortal at Target for 9.99. Thanks for the heads up on this one. Excellent find.

This brings me to 30 Steelbooks.
I figured you would....I looked into the breed and doubt I will get that one.....I loved the Proposition and already had the regular DVD, and although I haven't seen Immortal, it looks really cool and I love the visual style of it. The Breed just looks like shit and I have heard the same from people who have seen it. So therefor I will stick to my "only buy steelbooks of movies that I either like or are interested in" rule.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutesaint View Post
Xage, is that a Canadian Target or American one?
Sorry for the late response but I guess it was answered already.

And Im happy for those who were able to get the following steelbooks at an economic price.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 PM
I've got the Breed pre-ordered only because I have the HOTS for Michelle Rodriguez. I've never seen it, everyone says it sucks, but then again, I happened to enjoy 10,000 BC and everyone said it sucked... if I don't like the Breed, It'll just sit on the shelf with my other steels
Old 08-20-2008, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyckedDreamz View Post
I've got the Breed pre-ordered only because I have the HOTS for Michelle Rodriguez. I've never seen it, everyone says it sucks, but then again, I happened to enjoy 10,000 BC and everyone said it sucked... if I don't like the Breed, It'll just sit on the shelf with my other steels
DITTO on everything you just said (typed?).

I ordered Immortal, The Proposition, the Breed, and a few other titles from dvdempire to use a $23 off $150 order. Shipping was free for everything that came out this month, but I'll pay a few bucks for shipping next month when the Breed comes out. Immortal and Breed are $11.83 each, while Breed is $10.49. I picked up 10 items, so subtract $2.30 for each steelbook ($23/10), and I picked them up for a steel(book). Now I just hope they don't come in all banged up.

$9.99 is also a great price for them, and you don't have to wait like I do for 'em.

I also hit the two BB's near me Tuesday afternoon (SW Houston area), and I only saw 5 Terminator sb's, with one of them having a few dings on the cover. I went ahead and picked it up 'cos of the cover, and it just didn't seem right to not get it when it was Terminator (I grew up watching Arnold, the big bad robot from the future), and it was a steelbook. I only saw a few of the episodes when it was on tv, and it was alright. I also didn't see many regular sd's or blu-rays of this title, so it may very well be just a distribution problem, and we'll see the rest of them come in later. If it is rare or htf, then I might just trade it for some Futureshop steelbook that I'm looking for, if I wind up not wanting to keep it in my collection.

Last edited by mr. b_dvd; 08-21-2008 at 12:14 AM..
Old 08-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyckedDreamz View Post
I actually enjoyed 10,000 BC as well. People take movies too seriously and cant enjoy a dumb action movie. The difference between that and The Breed is that I thought 10,000 looked pretty cool when I saw the previews. The Breed looks bad to me, plot sounds bad, and I have heard nothing but bad about it.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:38 AM
Quote:
I actually enjoyed 10,000 BC as well. People take movies too seriously and cant enjoy a dumb action movie. The difference between that and The Breed is that I thought 10,000 looked pretty cool when I saw the previews. The Breed looks bad to me, plot sounds bad, and I have heard nothing but bad about it.

Yeah, but MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ IS IN IT, and I'm betting they'll be some skin shown here and there. I only got a little over $10 invested in it, and I think Wycked ordered it from dvdempire as well, so if it sucks that bad, I'll just ebay it or try to trade it out later.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd View Post
Yeah, but MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ IS IN IT, and I'm betting they'll be some skin shown here and there. I only got a little over $10 invested in it, and I think Wycked ordered it from dvdempire as well, so if it sucks that bad, I'll just ebay it or try to trade it out later.
Fair enough
Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Quote:
normally i agree with the "People Take Things Too Seriously" argument...

but i watched 10,000 B.C and thought it was just incredibly Meh! I normally enjoy movies that most other people dont like (Hence Michael Bay is one of my favorite directors) but 10,000 B.C was just real boring and i didnt enjoy it, and will most likely never see it again! Which is a shame, cuz i normally love Roland Emmerich/ Dean Devlin flicks!

also.,.. what flick is this in which we are saying Michelle Rodriguez is gettin Nekkid?? cuz that may be worth a rental!

Last edited by SkyNet; 08-21-2008 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: Michelle Rodriguez Boob?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
normally i agree with the "People Take Things Too Seriously" argument...

but i watched 10,000 B.C and thought it was just incredibly Meh! I normally enjoy movies that most other people dont like (Hence Michael Bay is one of my favorite directors) but 10,000 B.C was just real boring and i didnt enjoy it, and will most likely never see it again! Which is a shame, cuz i normally love Roland Emmerich/ Dean Devlin flicks!

also.,.. what flick is this in which we are saying Michelle Rodriguez is gettin Nekkid?? cuz that may be worth a rental!
To each their own I suppose. As for Michelle Rodriguez......she is in the Breed but I highly doubt she or anyone will get nekkid since the rating is R for "violence and some language"
Old 08-21-2008, 11:51 AM
My steelbook collection

Finally found the time to put all my steelbooks together and take pictures.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdair View Post
Finally found the time to put all my steelbooks together and take pictures.

DAAAAAYYYYYUUUUUMMM!

nice collection.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:39 PM
I love bad horror movies and Steelbooks. So the Breed is a must for me
Old 08-21-2008, 06:40 PM
I blind bought both the immortal and proposition because what the heck they were both fairly cheap and both were steelbooks. Hell I blind bought the Sarah Connor Chronicles too for the same reasons.

I mean the question is after I watch them and if they suck (heard good things about proposition but nothing about the immortal) do I sell them, who knows.

Brings my total to 26 steelbooks.