Old 08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Proposition was a BRILLIANT movie, Immortal was "eh, ok" but then again, I am not a big Japanese anime style story fan. Havent seen Sarah Connor Chronicles yet, prolly gonna get around to watching it this weekend.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
I figured you would....I looked into the breed and doubt I will get that one.....I loved the Proposition and already had the regular DVD, and although I haven't seen Immortal, it looks really cool and I love the visual style of it. The Breed just looks like shit and I have heard the same from people who have seen it. So therefor I will stick to my "only buy steelbooks of movies that I either like or are interested in" rule.

I caught the end of Breed one night on TC (maybe the Sci-fi channel, i can't remember...didn't look too good.)
Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyckedDreamz View Post
Havent seen Sarah Connor Chronicles yet, prolly gonna get around to watching it this weekend.
I actually havent opened mine yet but I saw a bit when it was aired at Fox.. Summer Glau prevents me to opening my steelbook

Old 08-21-2008, 09:47 PM
summer glau is SUPER hot...

i just fucking HATED this show! it was so boring and slow and the narration was cheesy and the John Conner was a fucking pussy! I just did not like the show at all!

but it is a pretty sweet Steelbook.. but not enough for me to purchase!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdizzy View Post
I blind bought both the immortal and proposition because what the heck they were both fairly cheap and both were steelbooks. Hell I blind bought the Sarah Connor Chronicles too for the same reasons.

I mean the question is after I watch them and if they suck (heard good things about proposition but nothing about the immortal) do I sell them, who knows.

Brings my total to 26 steelbooks.
Couldn't resist that cheap steel, huh, dizzy? I know what you mean. I wasn't planning on picking up any of these except The Proposition, but getting a new release steelbook for the price of a used, possibly banged up one is just too tempting. That cover for Terminator pretty much dared me not to buy it.

And, I never said she was nekkid, I just said there would probably be some showing of skin here and there. I have no idea, but for $10 and some change, I'll check it out and let you know.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Guess what guys i got the deal of a life time i found some idiot on ebay who did not know what he had which was a da vinci code steelbook super mint condition sold it to me for 11 bucks buy it now charged me 7 bucks to ship it he shipped it to me in a envelope non padded the fu*king steelbook is all messed up the spine is held on by less then 10 % and its got a few dents near the spine he said send it back and he would return my money what do you think worth the keep untill maybe one day i get my hands on another
Old 08-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieManiac View Post
Guess what guys i got the deal of a life time i found some idiot on ebay who did not know what he had which was a da vinci code steelbook super mint condition sold it to me for 11 bucks buy it now charged me 7 bucks to ship it he shipped it to me in a envelope non padded the fu*king steelbook is all messed up the spine is held on by less then 10 % and its got a few dents near the spine he said send it back and he would return my money what do you think worth the keep untill maybe one day i get my hands on another
maybe it was so cheap because it was in shit condition?
Old 08-23-2008, 12:41 AM
if I buy ANYTHING off ebay, I ask the seller to email me a pic with a white slip of paper with that day's date on it so I can see what I am getting, if they won't do it, I bid on it/buy it.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:05 AM
no guys there were 4 different pictures posted in the auction the steelbook was in mint condition he was just dumb enough to ship it in a non padded envelope from canada
Old 08-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I had a kickass week of steelbooks nearly doubled my collection

Saturday I was just browsing with friends at Saturday Matinee and they had 1 Beowulf steelbook left so I sprang for it, saw it it theaters and it wasn't bad

Tuesday I blind bought the Terminator Sarah Connor Chronic from Best Buy watched the first few episodes and it's not terrible

Friday I got The Proposition which is a great movie & Immortal blind buy they were only $10 at Target so a very good deal I'd say

And just this morning I ordered The Omen used from Spun.com for $10 fingers crossed it's not fucked up

Once The Omen gets here I'll post a picture of all 11 steelbooks I own
Old 08-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I just pre-ordered the Iron Man steelbook and I was wondering is it a 2-disc special edition steelbook or a single disc?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:31 PM
IM is 2-disc.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Selling My Entire Steelbook Collection

hey guys im not sure yet but im thinking about letting my dvd collection go i got over 1200 feedback on ebay so most of my box set, gift set, exclusive, ect will go for better money on there but im open for offers

here is a list of the steelbooks i will list the dvd's for sale in the correct thread

12 Monkey's
10,000 B.C. Single Disc
10,000 B.C. 2 Disc
Indiana Jones The Adventure Collection
Batman Begins
Batman: Gotham Knight w/ Character Guide
Bee Movie
Beowulf
The Boondock Saints
The Bourne Ultimatum
Cast Away
Cloverfield
Dane Cook’s Tourgasm
Dario Argento Anchor Bay 5 Film Collection
The Da Vinci Code (Damaged)(Spine Only Held On By 10%)
The Day After Tomorrow
The Departed
Die Hard (Black & White Case)
Die Hard (Color Case)
Die Hard 2 : Die Harder
Die Hard 3 : Die Hard With A Vengeance
Die Hard 4 : Live Free Or Die Hard
Dragon Wars
Dune
Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Sufer
Fight Club
Grind House Presents : Death Proof 2Disc
Grind House Presents : Planet Terror 3Disc
The Grudge 2
Halloween (Rob Zombie)
Hannibal
I Am Legend
Immortal
Man On Fire
Mission Impossible III
Ocean’s Thirteen
Ong-bak
The Omen
Pirates Of the Caribbean: At Worlds End
Platoon
Poseidon
The Proposition
Ratatouille
Robocop 20th A.E.
Running Scared
Saw IV Gift Set w/ T-Shirt & Saw Doll
Scary Movie Collection
Shrek The Third
Smokin’ Aces w/ Comic Book
Spawn: The Animated Collection 10th A.E.
Spiderman 3
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
Superman Returns
Superman Returns (German)
Sweeney Todd
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Transformers (Protect & Destroy Dual)
Transformers (Protect)
Transformers (Destroy)
V For Vendetta (Asia)
V For Vendetta
X-Men 1.5
X2: X-Men United
Old 08-23-2008, 10:59 PM
I am interested in the following steelbooks:

Indianna Jones Collection, FF4, Batman Begins, V for Vendetta, Superman Returns, Ong-Bak, Scarey Movie Quadrilogy, Oceans 13, Spicerman 3.... if any of these are not R1, please let me know, shoot me a PM with a price and maybe we can work something out. I don't expect you're selling them dirt cheap, but I'm not really looking for high Ebay style prices tho. If you are looking to get rid of them, and are willing to cut a deal on buying a bunch of them, I am def interestd.

Last edited by WyckedDreamz; 08-23-2008 at 11:03 PM..
Old 08-23-2008, 11:07 PM
PM sent moviemaniac
Old 08-24-2008, 01:39 AM
are any of the steelbooks new? or all used?
Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
I just got a copy of Ong Bak on Ebay bringing me up to 39.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Quote:
I just got a copy of Ong Bak on Ebay bringing me up to 39.
very cool. i'm hoping to add it to my collection eventually
Old 08-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Quote:
hey guys im not sure yet but im thinking about letting my dvd collection go i got over 1200 feedback on ebay so most of my box set, gift set, exclusive, ect will go for better money on there but im open for offers

here is a list of the steelbooks i will list the dvd's for sale in the correct thread

12 Monkey's
10,000 B.C. Single Disc
10,000 B.C. 2 Disc
Indiana Jones The Adventure Collection
Batman Begins
Batman: Gotham Knight w/ Character Guide
Bee Movie
Beowulf
The Boondock Saints
The Bourne Ultimatum
Cast Away
Cloverfield
Dane Cook’s Tourgasm
Dario Argento Anchor Bay 5 Film Collection
The Da Vinci Code (Damaged)(Spine Only Held On By 10%)
The Day After Tomorrow
The Departed
Die Hard (Black & White Case)
Die Hard (Color Case)
Die Hard 2 : Die Harder
Die Hard 3 : Die Hard With A Vengeance
Die Hard 4 : Live Free Or Die Hard
Dragon Wars
Dune
Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Sufer
Fight Club
Grind House Presents : Death Proof 2Disc
Grind House Presents : Planet Terror 3Disc
The Grudge 2
Halloween (Rob Zombie)
Hannibal
I Am Legend
Immortal
Man On Fire
Mission Impossible III
Ocean’s Thirteen
Ong-bak
The Omen
Pirates Of the Caribbean: At Worlds End
Platoon
Poseidon
The Proposition
Ratatouille
Robocop 20th A.E.
Running Scared
Saw IV Gift Set w/ T-Shirt & Saw Doll
Scary Movie Collection
Shrek The Third
Smokin’ Aces w/ Comic Book
Spawn: The Animated Collection 10th A.E.
Spiderman 3
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
Superman Returns
Superman Returns (German)
Sweeney Todd
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Transformers (Protect & Destroy Dual)
Transformers (Protect)
Transformers (Destroy)
V For Vendetta (Asia)
V For Vendetta
X-Men 1.5
X2: X-Men United
how much for the Indiana Jones collection?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubprod View Post
very cool. i'm hoping to add it to my collection eventually
There's a seller on Ebay with a buy it now or best offer for 29.99. I offered 19.99 and he took it. I believe he has more.....PM me if you want the link. I think shipping was like 8 bucks since its from canada.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:00 PM
I saw the Scarey Movie Quadrilogy SB go for 17 bucks the other nite, something told me to bid on it. Next time I'll listen to my inner voice...lol
Old 08-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Quote:
There's a seller on Ebay with a buy it now or best offer for 29.99. I offered 19.99 and he took it. I believe he has more.....PM me if you want the link. I think shipping was like 8 bucks since its from canada.
I keep an eye out for them. I usually on there often. Just trying to old off on some wants due to lack of funds haha. Ive seen a bunch on ebay so I'll most likely get it from there once I can afford it (its sad when I can't afford something for $30)
Old 08-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Quote:
I saw the Scarey Movie Quadrilogy SB go for 17 bucks the other nite, something told me to bid on it. Next time I'll listen to my inner voice...lol
thats funny wycked i just seen 1 just last night go for close to 80 funny how ebay works
Old 08-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Quote:
I keep an eye out for them. I usually on there often. Just trying to old off on some wants due to lack of funds haha. Ive seen a bunch on ebay so I'll most likely get it from there once I can afford it (its sad when I can't afford something for $30)
i feel your pain.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Dude, patience work.. You'll eventually be getting a good bargain.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Quote:
thanks for the heads up. offered him 19.99 as well. he has yet to respond but here's hoping.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:59 PM
No problem.

On another note, does anyone know how much EUR 11,04 would translate to US dollars?
Old 08-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xage View Post
Dude, patience work.. You'll eventually be getting a good bargain.
i hear ya xage...i can be the most patiently impatient person at times though, haha.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Never mind on the currency thing. I was going to order that Smokin Aces steelbook but the shipping brought it up to around 40 bucks so I couldn't bring myself to....especially since it would only be for the case and not the disc inside.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:39 PM
the problem is the steelbooks I'd kill for no matter how much patience I have will never go lower because they just don't come up that often. I'd love and X3 and a V for Vendetta.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Quote:
the problem is the steelbooks I'd kill for no matter how much patience I have will never go lower because they just don't come up that often. I'd love and X3 and a V for Vendetta.
i feel your pain. especially with the rape prices on ebay and amazon.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:21 PM
hows this for a story to make you cringe and have night terrors:

I play WoW (World of Warcraft). A guildie of mine worked at Futureshop at the time and told me "theres this kick ass V for Vendetta case out now, want me to grab ya one?" I said no, not knowing she was talkin about a steelbook. I kick myself in the ass every time I see one on ebay now, just thinkin I coulda had one at cost.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Quote:
hows this for a story to make you cringe and have night terrors:

I play WoW (World of Warcraft). A guildie of mine worked at Futureshop at the time and told me "theres this kick ass V for Vendetta case out now, want me to grab ya one?" I said no, not knowing she was talkin about a steelbook. I kick myself in the ass every time I see one on ebay now, just thinkin I coulda had one at cost.
Bummer dude.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:49 AM
Quote:
yeah the futureshop v will never get low... i "settled" for the korean v steelbook... i rather like the korean language on there... looks interesting... much moreso than the french on the futureshop edition... and i think i prefer the simple red v on black background to the busy cover on the canadian... mine came with poster cards inside, did the futureshop version come with them too?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:01 AM
sorry for even putting that post up guys im going to have to just put them on ebay i cant take a loss when i know i can get more
Old 08-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Quote:
sorry for even putting that post up guys im going to have to just put them on ebay i cant take a loss when i know i can get more
in other words your fellow schmoes weren't willing to pay the rape prices you wanted for them and you weren't willing to be reasonable with other collectors, so instead you are going to be a pock mark on ebay instead.

While your at it presell an iron man steelbook for $40 with the wrong cover art and over inflated shipping because honestly ebay just doesn't have enough leeches and vultures***

***disclaimer for the most part this is sarcasm but not all. Honestly if you can make a buck and sell to fellow collectors instead of trying to milk every last penny out of the situation why wouldn't you. With a few exceptions like V for Vendetta most of your collection doesn't fetch too far over retail and I am sure the schmoes here weren't sending you insulting offers, like me for example I would have offered you $30 for Bee Movie I doubt you will get much more than that on ebay.

Last edited by sirdizzy; 08-25-2008 at 10:39 PM..
Old 08-26-2008, 08:13 AM
hey sirdizzy you have a right to speak your mind thats what this board is here for let me just give you a few prices i was offered and see what you think then
v for vendetta 13, 15, 20, 30
smokin aces 20, 22, 25
indiana jone collection 30
saw iv gift set 15, 20
and i could keep going but i believe the most i was offered for anything was 30 besided 1 person offered 75 for v for vendetta and just know this also i have paid some pretty prices for these also from ebay and just to make you guys jealous i got v for vendetta for .99 cent from ebay cause some idiot spelled it wrong and didnt put steelbook in the title thanks for your intrest guys
and sorry i can not sell these to fellow collectors i dont even know and take a loss when i know i can get more from fellow ebayers i dont even know i will post links for listings if i sell them take a peek if you like

Last edited by TheMovieManiac; 08-26-2008 at 08:27 AM..
Old 08-26-2008, 08:53 AM
lay off on this dude if he's willing to sell steel obviosly he needs money I know I wouldn't give up mine unless I HAD to so let him charge rape prices on the world we live in... That's what ya gotta do
Old 08-26-2008, 09:32 AM
30 is a little offensive for V for Vendetta much less 13 I mean cmon what idiot thinks they are going to get V for $13, I would have offered you at least $50 for V. Not sure on Saw and Smoking Aces since they are non Region 1's, I know my Clerks X Region 2 cost me $30 simply because the dollar is worthless right now and I lost almost all of that money in the pound to dollar conversion as it was like only 15 pounds. Indy collection doesn't seem to bad but then again I think they retail for more than $30 so maybe it is bad.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Quote:
30 is a little offensive for V for Vendetta much less 13 I mean cmon what idiot thinks they are going to get V for $13, I would have offered you at least $50 for V. Not sure on Saw and Smoking Aces since they are non Region 1's, I know my Clerks X Region 2 cost me $30 simply because the dollar is worthless right now and I lost almost all of that money in the pound to dollar conversion as it was like only 15 pounds. Indy collection doesn't seem to bad but then again I think they retail for more than $30 so maybe it is bad.
sorry guys i forgot to mention all my region 2,3,4's ect are converted to r1 disc