#41  
Old 09-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't see the point in keeping murderers and child molestors alive. However, Ashley's Dad is out of his mind. I can't believe he hasn't been banned yet.
  #42  
Old 09-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
It was a comparison of jails in the USA COMPARED to jails in Europe. Prisons in the USA are comparitively like country clubs. If you disagree, go do some research first. I know enough about jail to know I know more than you. And quit bitching about racism and politics. You would have more luck getting into how people with money (Robert Blake) get away with murder and those with no money get the court appointed lawyer.

The death penalty people who would get life instead would not be there for rehabilitation. I would rather spend the sources we have on education and children. I do not want to spend any more than necessary on prisoners. I would rather see prisoners sent to Africa in the Peace Corps to be taught to help people.

Love the screen name and good luck with that murder.
Wow... pretentious much? And I still don't even know what you're comparing here. Safety? Violence? And you keep using the words 'prison' and 'jail' like they're the same thing, if you're the all knowing guru of correctional institutions, you should at least know the difference between the two.

And I wasn't bitching about anything, Ashly. You might want to re-read my post. I was making a point that racism and politics within the prison system is ugly, violent, and is quite prevalent here in america. Countering your self-called point that we have country-clubs for prisons and jails "when compared to Europe".

And speaking of which, Europe is a big place buddy. You can't give a blanket statement to the entire continent as an example of what a bad prison system is. There are far too many countries with far too many dissimilar rules and exceptions to make such statements. If you're referring to prison systems like the ones in Russia, then yeah. Ours seems less harsh... but then again Germany, the UK, France (+ a shit load more)... all these countries are known for their humane ways of dealing with inmates. All these countries are located in Europe... you're contradicting yourself and you don't even know it.

And i've done all the research I need to know what it's like in jail, so you can save your advice... I have a few acquaintances and good friends who've done serious time, and who are doing serious time. I've done all the research I need to understand what it's like, buddy.

And you'd rather have prisoners sent to Africa? Huh? And you're the one to talk about NOT SPENDING money on prisoners... do you even know how much that'd cost in terms of logistics?

And what I said about rehabilitation wasn't in regards to death-row inmates. It was in regards to the small group of people who have committed the act of murder, rape, etc., and who were under a long sentence, but who have been successfully rehabilitated into society after serving there time.

Doesn't happen much, but it happens...
  #43  
Old 09-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
Shut up about not guilty and innocence and explaining to me how liberal you are. I get it. Everyone is not guilty, because they are all innocent. The blame goes to someone else right? Save the trees, save the bees, save the whale, save those snails. Liberal.
Who said Save the trees, Save the bees etc? We're talking about HUMAN life here...it's not even comparable. You clearly have no idea what you are harping about anymore and have resorted to spouting inane nonsense and bandying about the liberal 'insult'...which is so 20 posts ago by the way.

If you are in favour of Capital Punishment then fair enough. Those opposed to it are not always tree-hugging, berry munching fucking hippy liberals.
  #44  
Old 09-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
I don't see the point in keeping murderers and child molestors alive. However, Ashley's Dad is out of his mind. I can't believe he hasn't been banned yet.
Banned, because I have an opinion? What is the point of discussions if everyone has the same opinion?
  #45  
Old 09-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
Your god must be thanking you for being a true Christian Knight in smiting the wicked and upholding archaic laws.
Not yet, but if let's say the Russians decide to invade, I will be one of those fighting to keep my country, while people like you are trying to talk your way into getting them to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
Who said Save the trees, Save the bees etc? We're talking about HUMAN life here...it's not even comparable. You clearly have no idea what you are harping about anymore and have resorted to spouting inane nonsense and bandying about the liberal 'insult'...which is so 20 posts ago by the way.

If you are in favour of Capital Punishment then fair enough. Those opposed to it are not always tree-hugging, berry munching fucking hippy liberals.
Liberalism is all related. Liberals want to save everyone and everything. If you read all the posts you will get it or not. I don't care.

All I wanted was to talk about a human who killed a cat and wanted his kids do it to teach them about killing. I would like to see a person like this with no regard for any sort of life removed from the planet or sent to Africa (another post further down). Then all you liberals attack me for my opinion and make points about a minority of people that were killed when they innocent. The actual number is inconsequential.
  #46  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
Banned, because I have an opinion?
No... for being disrespectful. The way you talk to people is very condescending at times and it could get you banned.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, Ashely, but at least try to support your claims. You've said a lot of crazy things without providing any sort of credible evidence to back it up.

Perhaps people might start taking you seriously if you did that.
  #47  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:22 PM
"LIBERAL LIBERAL LIBERAL!"

AshleysDad is just bullshitting on his supposed knowledge of prisons and jails, of course.
  #48  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I have a question... whats the fucking deal with the sending people to Africa, crap?
  #49  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew View Post
No... for being disrespectful. The way you talk to people is very condescending at times and it could get you banned.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, Ashely, but at least try to support your claims. You've said a lot of crazy things without providing any sort of credible evidence to back it up.

Perhaps people might start taking you seriously if you did that.
I am not sorry you do not see how I support my claims and opinions. I treat people the exact way I am treated. I have said many times, "you have your opinion and I do not agree." How many times have people said I am ignorant, childish, ridiculous and much more. If anyone is disrespectful it is many of you. I have not directly called their opinions anything. Many of you don't like what I have to say and have to make fun of my opinion. Well, I don't like your opinion either. I try to be nice and give people balloons to ease the mood, but I am called childish for it.
  #50  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lyrik View Post
"LIBERAL LIBERAL LIBERAL!"

AshleysDad is just bullshitting on his supposed knowledge of prisons and jails, of course.
Yeah and this is a perfect example.
  #51  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:45 PM
You did it for the lulz?
  #52  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew View Post
I have a question... whats the fucking deal with the sending people to Africa, crap?
He's completely lost me on that one too.
  #53  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew View Post
I have a question... whats the fucking deal with the sending people to Africa, crap?

It was part of a reply I had to one of your posts a ways back.
"I would rather see prisoners sent to Africa in the Peace Corps to be taught to help people." It was prisons not being about rehab and what I would rather see done. It does not have to be Africa. We could make a deal to send prisioners to places like Myanmar to help rebuild after the storm they had. The point is I think prisons are useless and all those self help books all say the same thing. "Go out and help someone with less than what you have." So why not send out our prisoners to go out and do something usefull for those with less.
  #54  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
He's completely lost me on that one too.
Take the time to read all the posts and you would have gotten it. Only reading the last few and of course it does not make sense. Also reading only a few and you only see the fed up with saying the same darn thing side too. Read from the beginning and you will see a better explanation of my opinion.
  #55  
Old 09-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
Not yet, but if let's say the Russians decide to invade, I will be one of those fighting to keep my country, while people like you are trying to talk your way into getting them to leave.
I see...
...
...and in these paranoid conservative dreams of yours, what else do the Russians do?

Last edited by Vong; 09-01-2008 at 06:14 PM..
  #56  
Old 09-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
I am not sorry you do not see how I support my claims and opinions. I treat people the exact way I am treated. I have said many times, "you have your opinion and I do not agree." How many times have people said I am ignorant, childish, ridiculous and much more. If anyone is disrespectful it is many of you. I have not directly called their opinions anything. Many of you don't like what I have to say and have to make fun of my opinion. Well, I don't like your opinion either. I try to be nice and give people balloons to ease the mood, but I am called childish for it.
I haven't "seen how you support your claims" because you haven't showed me how you do. You've just said a bunch of words. Talked about blowing up boats and sending people to Africa. How the fuck am I to understand the way you think by reading a bunch of shit like that? Jesus...

You don't give credible evidence to your claims, and you don't give reasonings behind your beliefs. Most of everything you've said in here is one giant ambiguous self-contradiction, and when people oust you for it you get all defensive... It's not our fault we feel it's necessary to call you out, just don't get mad at us if you'd rather stay inside your little bubble.

If the lot of us are calling you ignorant, childish, or ridiculous that's saying more about you than you'd probably like to believe. If you say ignorant things, we call you ignorant. If you don't learn from your ignorance, we call you childish. If you insist on repeating the two, we call you and your beliefs ridiculous.

If you don't like the heat, don't make up random bullshit and try to pass it off as fact or reality. Or just don't post in the political forums at all. It'll save you a lot of time of reading facts you obviously don't want to hear.
  #57  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:52 PM
The sweeping generalizations don't help your cause, Mr. Dad. Regarding the cat killer, I don't think that he deserves death. In my opinion, the death penalty should be reserved for genocide, premeditated homicide, and child molestation.
  #58  
Old 09-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew View Post
If you don't like the heat, don't make up random bullshit and try to pass it off as fact or reality. Or just don't post in the political forums at all. It'll save you a lot of time of reading facts you obviously don't want to hear.

What facts have any of you presented for your side?
  #59  
Old 09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
The sweeping generalizations don't help your cause, Mr. Dad. Regarding the cat killer, I don't think that he deserves death. In my opinion, the death penalty should be reserved for genocide, premeditated homicide, and child molestation.
Thank you. Finally, someone who stated their opinion about the cat man. I agree. I would add a few more things, but I won't at this time.

I think he should not be allowed to be with his kids without massive amounts of therapy and a guardian.
  #60  
Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 PM
"All I wanted was to talk about a human who killed a cat and wanted his kids do it to teach them about killing. I would like to see a person like this with no regard for any sort of life removed from the planet or sent to Africa (another post further down). Then all you liberals attack me for my opinion and make points about a minority of people that were killed when they innocent. The actual number is inconsequential"

So a human life is "inconsequenial"? Seriously? So if you get convicted of a murder you didn't commit and were sent to death row, you wouldn't fight it but would honorably die in the name of (phantom) justice? If someone you loved was executed for a crime they didn't commit, would you shrug and say it's inconsequential? I find it quite funny that you apparently value the life of a cat more than the life of an innocent human.

Just in this thread, Mr. Dad, you've made incredibly misguided statements about prison while you also claimed to know more about jail someone without supplying any evidence to back that up, claimed to know the mindset of every prisoner who earns a degree while in prison, made a completely insane, offensive, and 100% unsubstantiated statement that those convicted for murders they didn't commit probably were criminals anyway, labeled all liberals as tree huggers and lambasted anyone who disagrees with you. And your only defense is that you're treating people as you're treated. Please. Since when is that an excuse? Yes, some people have called you names here. But once you do it back, you eliminate the possibility for anyone to stick up for you.
  #61  
Old 09-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
What facts have any of you presented for your side?
I've pointed out many facts to contradict your posts, so I shouldn't even bother responding to this, but I will since I have the week off and I don't have anything better to do.

Most of what I've said thus far was counter point to your fabricated arguments. The facts are in what I said.

You know, like common sense.

Example, you kept on about European jails when comparing them to Criminal Institutions in America. I clearly pointed out the fact that Europe is an enormous body of land holding many different countries, and within each of these countries they have different regulations for inmates. I pointed out, with facts, that your argument only works in a vacuum, and that you have no idea what you're talking about. That is a FACT.

Another example, you talked about shipping prisoners overseas to help with natural disasters and reconstruction. I pointed out how much costlier this would be, due to all the additional expenses one would have providing food, housing, etc. within a different country... pointing out the contradiction behind your logic. The contradiction is there, and is a FACT.

Other times during our debate I pointed out the FACT that you didn't read my post correctly, and that you assumed I was saying something completely different. This happened on several different occasions. If you look back, I clearly reiterated/explained to you the meaning behind what I said.

Most of everything I've directed at you were questions, though...

and by the way, you still have yet to answer any of them with thought and FACTS to back them up.

Care to?
  #62  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew View Post
Example, you kept on about European jails when comparing them to Criminal Institutions in America. I clearly pointed out the fact that Europe is an enormous body of land holding many different countries, and within each of these countries they have different regulations for inmates. I pointed out, with facts, that your argument only works in a vacuum, and that you have no idea what you're talking about. That is a FACT
Here is a link to the European Prison Education Association.
The European Prison Education Association is an organisation made up of prison educators, administrators, governors, researchers and other professionals whose interests lie in promoting and developing education and related activities in prisons throughout Europe in accordance with the recommendations of the Council of Europe.
http://www.epea.org/


Here are all sorts of stories of many different countries with prison problems. These are also facts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3233132.stm

http://origin.foxnews.com/wires/2006...Rights,00.html

http://report2007.amnesty.org/eng/Re...l-Asia/Belgium

http://www.enjoyfrance.com/content/view/103/36/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/jersey/4930066.stm

http://www.hrw.org/advocacy/prisons/europe.htm

http://www.wraytimes.com/group27/prisons.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...or-408829.html

http://www.humanrightshouse.org/dllvis5.asp?id=2967

http://www.nhc.no/php/files/document...-NHC-siste.pdf

http://www.fiacat.org/en/spip.php?article541

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n11847452

http://quickstart.clari.net/qs_se/we....RMYQ_DOS.html

http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1052011.html
  #63  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew View Post
Another example, you talked about shipping prisoners overseas to help with natural disasters and reconstruction. I pointed out how much costlier this would be, due to all the additional expenses one would have providing food, housing, etc. within a different country... pointing out the contradiction behind your logic. The contradiction is there, and is a FACT.

What are you talking about? You are very short sited here. Let's use the example of Africa.

Housing: Have you seen the housing on the areas we would send these people? They are shacks at best. Not much of an expense. It is not like we are going to send them over to start building apartment buildings. They can live in tents.

Food: A major point of the Peace Corps is to teach the people to provide for themselves. Farming. The prisoners would be able to provide much of their own food in time.

Supplies and other expenses would not come out of the prison budgets. If a prisoner can do a couple years there instead of several years in American prisons, there would have to be a savings. We would not be talking about equal years. Why else would someone go if they were not getting time taken off? I would also like to think that many more could turn their lives around and never return to prison and that would be a savings. All this with the added bonus of helping out a third world country and people of these areas. We send millions of dollars of aid to these countries anyway. Wouldn't the cost be worth it to help out these people?

Peace Corps seem to do pretty well. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Last edited by AshleysDad; 09-01-2008 at 11:37 PM..
  #64  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew View Post
Other times during our debate I pointed out the FACT that you didn't read my post correctly, and that you assumed I was saying something completely different. This happened on several different occasions. If you look back, I clearly reiterated/explained to you the meaning behind what I said.
I will agree with this one, because I am not going back to reread everything. So, I am sorry. I feel I proved 2 of 3 and that is good enough for now.
  #65  
Old 09-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Death penalty -- in this instance -- is unjust. Though I would support a life-time ban on the individual being a parent or custodian of any child, and also a compulsory vasectomy.
  #66  
Old 09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
Here is a link to the European Prison Education Association.
The European Prison Education Association is an organisation made up of prison educators, administrators, governors, researchers and other professionals whose interests lie in promoting and developing education and related activities in prisons throughout Europe in accordance with the recommendations of the Council of Europe.
http://www.epea.org/


Here are all sorts of stories of many different countries with prison problems. These are also facts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3233132.stm

http://origin.foxnews.com/wires/2006...Rights,00.html

http://report2007.amnesty.org/eng/Re...l-Asia/Belgium

http://www.enjoyfrance.com/content/view/103/36/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/jersey/4930066.stm

http://www.hrw.org/advocacy/prisons/europe.htm

http://www.wraytimes.com/group27/prisons.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...or-408829.html

http://www.humanrightshouse.org/dllvis5.asp?id=2967

http://www.nhc.no/php/files/document...-NHC-siste.pdf

http://www.fiacat.org/en/spip.php?article541

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n11847452

http://quickstart.clari.net/qs_se/we....RMYQ_DOS.html

http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1052011.html
And all these links prove that American Prisons are like country clubs, huh? I can post articles on the same shit regarding the well being of inmates in America.
  #67  
Old 09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
in fact, here...

why the fuck not.

http://www.november.org/stayinfo/bre...iffJoeBBC.html

http://www.frif.com/new2005/brut.html

http://www.patrickcrusade.org/TORTURE_INC.htm

http://www.lookingglassnews.org/view...hp?storyid=913

http://www.rense.com/general70/dogt.htm

http://www.crosswalk.com/1429879/

http://november.org/stayinfo/breaking2/INS-Torture.html

have fun with that...

And don't even get me started on Sexual Harassment/Humiliation within woman prisons...

Last edited by Criminal Rock; 09-02-2008 at 02:29 PM..
  #68  
Old 09-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Short sided, eh?

living in tents? Harvesting there own crops? In Africa (or anywhere for that matter)?? How many prisoners are going to be sent there? You have to understand that a budget covers EVERYTHING, every single consumable, every single preemptive measure, everything.... Plane Tickets, Medical Supplies, Food, Shelter, Guards, Their Supplies, Their Food, Their Shelter, Their dogs, Their Dogs Food, Their Dogs Shelter, Communication, Renting/Buying Land, Equipment, Shit loads of water, way to transport that water... etc.

This is unrealistic and too costly for such a large scale project. It would only work if a few inmates went, like maybe 50 max.

If you're really about the idea, you should check out "The Boys of Baraka". It's somewhat similar...
  #69  
Old 09-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew View Post
And all these links prove that American Prisons are like country clubs, huh? I can post articles on the same shit regarding the well being of inmates in America.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew View Post
living in tents? Harvesting there own crops? In Africa (or anywhere for that matter)?? How many prisoners are going to be sent there? You have to understand that a budget covers EVERYTHING, every single consumable, every single preemptive measure, everything.... Plane Tickets, Medical Supplies, Food, Shelter, Guards, Their Supplies, Their Food, Their Shelter, Their dogs, Their Dogs Food, Their Dogs Shelter, Communication, Renting/Buying Land, Equipment, Shit loads of water, way to transport that water... etc.

This is unrealistic and too costly for such a large scale project. It would only work if a few inmates went, like maybe 50 max.

If you're really about the idea, you should check out "The Boys of Baraka". It's somewhat similar...

So you will concede nothing and everything you say is right and everything I say is wrong? Is that right? And you call me condescending. I am done having a discussion on this topic with you. There is no point with someone who can not admit anything other than what is in your head.
  #70  
Old 09-02-2008, 08:20 PM
ARRRGGGAAAHHH!!!!
Everbody just calm the fuck down and look at my pictutre of Sarah Silverman!!!

The guy who told his kid to kill the cat:

Should he be banned from contact with his kid AND animals?

YES.

Does he deserve the death penalty? NO.

AshleysDad: I agree with you that certain people derseve the death penalty.....but for Christ`s sakes, to totally blow-off the people who got the death penalty and then were found innocent is not only asinine....it`s fascist.
  #71  
Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyn View Post
ARRRGGGAAAHHH!!!!
Everbody just calm the fuck down and look at my pictutre of Sarah Silverman!!!

The guy who told his kid to kill the cat:

Should he be banned from contact with his kid AND animals?

YES.

Does he deserve the death penalty? NO.

AshleysDad: I agree with you that certain people derseve the death penalty.....but for Christ`s sakes, to totally blow-off the people who got the death penalty and then were found innocent is not only asinine....it`s fascist.
Well put. I rather look at Stewey. Not a Silverman fan.
  #72  
Old 09-03-2008, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
Then all you liberals attack me for my opinion and make points about a minority of people that were killed when they innocent. The actual number is inconsequential.
Well, you keep seeing these innocent people as an abstract thing, so let's say this... what if YOU were one of them? Imagine that. Would your life no longer be of consequence, because at some point along the line you might have done something else terrible?

You say that you believe, morally, in the death penalty for murderers. How can you not see that executing innocent people makes those who do it, and those who support it, morally no better than murderers?

You are right about one thing though... the number is, to a degree, inconsequential, because whether it's one, three, or a hundred and seventy six innocent people that have been executed the wheels of the system HAVE to stop turning until it, at the very least, can be certain that only those who have actually comitted the crimes they are to die for are executed.

Of course, as a liberal (and damn proud of it thank you), I believe that the death penalty is a morally reprehenisble anachronism, born not out of a desire for justice, but a desire for vengeance, but that's another argument.

Last edited by SAI; 09-03-2008 at 03:41 AM..
  #73  
Old 09-03-2008, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
So you will concede nothing and everything you say is right and everything I say is wrong? Is that right? And you call me condescending. I am done having a discussion on this topic with you. There is no point with someone who can not admit anything other than what is in your head.
Pot meets kettle...
  #74  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew View Post
Pot meets kettle...
Yes sir, you are right again. Very good. My hero. I bet you have never been wrong in your life.
  #75  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:44 AM
(guy kills innocent people)
PUT HIM IN THE CHAIR

(government kills innocent people)
FUCK WHY WON'T YOU LOAD YOUTUBE
  #76  
Old 09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
[B]
So a human life is "inconsequenial"? Seriously? So if you get convicted of a murder you didn't commit and were sent to death row, you wouldn't fight it but would honorably die in the name of (phantom) justice? If someone you loved was executed for a crime they didn't commit, would you shrug and say it's inconsequential? I find it quite funny that you apparently value the life of a cat more than the life of an innocent human.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAI View Post
Well, you keep seeing these innocent people as an abstract thing, so let's say this... what if YOU were one of them? Imagine that. Would your life no longer be of consequence, because at some point along the line you might have done something else terrible?
Interesting... that's twice now, Ashley's Dad, that you've failed to address this point. Do you feel it's not a salient point? Are you carefully considering your response? or do you just not have an answer?
  #77  
Old 09-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAI View Post
Interesting... that's twice now, Ashley's Dad, that you've failed to address this point. Do you feel it's not a salient point? Are you carefully considering your response? or do you just not have an answer?
I have addressed this in past posts and made my point very clear. Take the time to look for it yourself. Do the other side of the coin and point out where people have not addressed my questions either. Thank you.
  #78  
Old 09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
Yes sir, you are right again. Very good. My hero. I bet you have never been wrong in your life.
I'm pointing out the mistakes in your argument... that's all I'm doing, bud. It's not about me being right but rather you saying baseless shit and accepting it as the ultimate truth. And when I point that out, you subtly try to alter your original argument to save face. If you can't take it, oh well, don't fucking post in here... or better yet, stop saying baseless/ignorant shit.

Your feeble attempts at redirecting the blame won't ever take away from the fact that you talk complete Sandra Bullocks. Just stop trying with that.
  #79  
Old 09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I was looking around at tshirts and came across a couple that gave me a chuckle.





ps. I am not in favor of the second amendment.


Last edited by AshleysDad; 09-03-2008 at 11:35 PM..
  #80  
Old 09-03-2008, 10:40 PM
"I have addressed this in past posts and made my point very clear. Take the time to look for it yourself. Do the other side of the coin and point out where people have not addressed my questions either. Thank you."

I've re-read your posts here, and no, you have not addressed what you would do if you or someone you loved was the one being executed for a crime they didn't commit. You've mentioned that you don't really care and that you "won't lose sleep" over them, but clearly if you did know the person being executed, you would at least lose a little sleep, right?

Listen: There are all kinds of arguments made in the realm of politics, and quite often people bring up minor, crazy-rare cases that are not relevant. But we are dealing with HUMAN LIFE here. One person executed wrongly is way too much, REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER OTHER CRIMES THE PERSON COMMITED. Would you personally shoot and kill ten people if you knew that ten were murderers and one was innocent? What about 1 out of 100? Out of 1,000? You have stated that you are willing to dismiss 16 wrongly executed people. What if you knew one of those? What if the government told you they were going to kill someone you loved who was innocent, but if they killed that person they'd be able to kill 10 murderers? Would you be okay with that?

I'm not coming down on you, so please don't give me a baloon or make some funny remark, please address what I've brought up. I'm still having a hard time how you can DISREGARD the lives of 16 people. Of one person.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump