Old 09-09-2008, 03:47 PM
No he is not, but his career might.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFlamingo View Post
Vince Young goes down and Kerry Collins (a better QB BTW) takes over, and that humongous Titan defense swallows up Garrard....
Well, that's not what the stats say.. despite Collins throwing a better long ball. The fact remains Vince wins the games that Collins often loses. It doesn't make sense, but even if you look at Vince's awful day yesterday. They were ahead all day, and won.

In fact when Collins started 2 years ago, the Titans were something like like 0-5 then Vince took over and they went 8-8. Something about VY's winning abilities keep coaches patient.

In any event, the VY meltdown on ESPN Sunday and yesterday signals to me that the one mistake the Titans made has to now be corrected.. They should have kept McNair 3 years ago to mentor Vince.. Sit with him and discuss life, watch film together, talk about the challenges of an NFL QB, and what a privilege it is to be an NFL player. Vince had no father and an unstable mother, but growing up he always listened to McNair. If they do this VY should be okay by the time his knee heals. In fact, I'd bet McNair and coach Fisher are having a scotch right now talking about a mentorship for Vince.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm not happy that Brady got hurt. I'm not a fan of his or of his team, by any means but I never go into a game hoping somebody gets hurt. And if they're going to lose, I want them to lose like like they lost last year. The Giants (not of fan either) came into that game and kicked their ass fair and square and there was nothing they could say about it. There was no excuse. They just got beat that day. If the Patriots are going to lose, I want them to lose at full strength. Anything less than that is not interesting to me.

Also, I'm so sick of all these fucking sports commentators on these QB's balls all the time. Fucking Brett Favre, Brady and Manning, they're always on their nuts. They act like fucking school girl groupies lusting after their band boy crush. Get the fuck over it already. Yes, they're good QBs but there are far better "football players" in the NFL than these guys. Enough already. Brady is out. Move on. Manning will probably not play up to his normal level. So what? How does that affect the Earth? Favre refuses to leave the game and is still slinging the ball with some other team. Good for him and them. Enough of the fucking comparisons with him and Aaron Rogers. It's been one fucking game! Jesus! I'm so sick of it. For three fucking days that's all I've heard on ESPN and the NFL network. I'm so sick of it.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
I'm not happy that Brady got hurt. I'm not a fan of his or of his team, by any means but I never go into a game hoping somebody gets hurt. And if they're going to lose, I want them to lose like like they lost last year. The Giants (not of fan either) came into that game and kicked their ass fair and square and there was nothing they could say about it. There was no excuse. They just got beat that day. If the Patriots are going to lose, I want them to lose at full strength. Anything less than that is not interesting to me.

Also, I'm so sick of all these fucking sports commentators on these QB's balls all the time. Fucking Brett Favre, Brady and Manning, they're always on their nuts. They act like fucking school girl groupies lusting after their band boy crush. Get the fuck over it already. Yes, they're good QBs but there are far better "football players" in the NFL than these guys. Enough already. Brady is out. Move on. Manning will probably not play up to his normal level. So what? How does that affect the Earth? Favre refuses to leave the game and is still slinging the ball with some other team. Good for him and them. Enough of the fucking comparisons with him and Aaron Rogers. It's been one fucking game! Jesus! I'm so sick of it. For three fucking days that's all I've heard on ESPN and the NFL network. I'm so sick of it.

No player is bigger than the game. Every time someone gets hurt, it gives another the opportunity to be the next star. That is how players like Brady and Favre got where they are today.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1234 View Post
Tom Brady is the very definition of classy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! !!!!!

That's gotta be the funniest shit I've read all year.

He's a great quarterback, but let's not portray him as something he's not. How classy was he when he scoffed at the notion that the Giants could actually beat the Patriots? There's confidence, then there's arrogance. He definitely has the latter.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
No player is bigger than the game. Every time someone gets hurt, it gives another the opportunity to be the next star. That is how players like Brady and Favre got where they are today.
Huh? I don't get your point. Or I should say, you kind of agreed with me. I think. Or did you say...? Ummm...never mind.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Huh? I don't get your point. Or I should say, you kind of agreed with me. I think. Or did you say...? Ummm...never mind.
I thought it was a good compliment to your post.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
The Horror!!

Old 09-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
I thought it was a good compliment to your post.
I kind of figured but I wasn't sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccajay View Post
The Horror!!

Bernard Pollard is a good young player. He's shown some talent and has continuously improved since he was drafted. I think he will be a solid defensive player for many seasons to come. In his short career he has garnered the reputation of being a big hitter. He's a big, athletic guy that's not afraid of contact. The hit on Brady was hardly a big hit. In fact, from what I saw, it was hardly a hit at all. Pollard was almost crawling towards Brady trying to stop him from throwing the ball. He was pushed from behind as Brady was stepping into the throw towards him. It was a fluke accident. I don't think there was anything deliberately dirty about that hit. It's unfortunate and devastating to the Patriots and their fans but not dirty, in my opinion. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a Chiefs fan. I'm also a Randy Moss fan and I used to defend him and his antics in the past. But I think in this case both he and Belichick are just being babies.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISFITS_Fiend View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! !!!!!

That's gotta be the funniest shit I've read all year.

He's a great quarterback, but let's not portray him as something he's not. How classy was he when he scoffed at the notion that the Giants could actually beat the Patriots? There's confidence, then there's arrogance. He definitely has the latter.
He surely was disappointed by the loss, but he showed sportsmanship and professionalism the entire time. You'd be far fetched to find a more classy player in the NFL. He's always the first to shake the hand of the opposing quarterback. He donates lots of time and money each year to charities across the globe. He's a good human being. I think you're letting your dislike of the Patriots effect your opinion on the matter.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Quote:
He surely was disappointed by the loss, but he showed sportsmanship and professionalism the entire time. You'd be far fetched to find a more classy player in the NFL. He's always the first to shake the hand of the opposing quarterback. He donates lots of time and money each year to charities across the globe. He's a good human being. I think you're letting your dislike of the Patriots effect your opinion on the matter.
It's highly possible. I didn't know about the charities, but an arrogant person can still be a good person at heart. However, his comment was made before the Superbowl, not after. He was told that the Giants were being spotted seven points, and he smirked and basically said, "Yeah...they'll score seven on us" in an incredibly snarky manner. But yeah, you're right...I dislike the Patriots immensely. I won't deny that.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Anybody want to predict the outcome of the Pats vs Jets game?

I'm goin Pats 24 Jets 21

I like Favre, but I think the Jets might have a tough time against the Pats D. Jones probably won't go for 100 like he did against Miami.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 AM
I think the Brady-less Pats will have a tough time getting some chemistry. I like the Jets in a low scoring game: 17-9.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Jets win 21-6
Old 09-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
Jets win 21-6
You don't think Cassell will get at least one TD toss up to Moss?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:11 PM
pat win 24-14. Even with Brady out they still have way more talent then the jets. Sure Favre is good and all but the jets only bet the horrible dolphins by 6. I see New England really showing up on sunday.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:10 PM
No.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I don't see why everyone's jumping onto the Jets for the AFC East title. Favre had to lob up a prayer last week just so they could squeak past the fucking Dolphins. Meanwhile, I think Buffalo is the real contender in that division. They may not finish in first, but they'll defintiley end up higher than the Jets. And the Pats really are a solid team without Brady, it'll just take some time to adjust the game plan to Cassel.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Asshole of the year... again!

Quote:
Terrell Owens -- wearing one of his custom T-shirts that said "iLove" on the front and "Me some me" on the back -- spoke in the Cowboys' locker room Thursday, often about Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb and the reasons for their failed relationship.

"I will say that Donovan made me a better receiver in Philadelphia, but I think Donovan would have a hard time admitting I made him a better quarterback," he said.

Owens also suggested their problems were the result of McNabb being insecure about Owens' popularity surpassing that of the quarterback, saying, "I remember being in that stadium and hearing them chanting my name, and that couldn't bode well for Donovan."

Owens said he has a unique relationship with the Cowboys' Tony Romo because the quarterback "gets me" in a way none of the others ever did.

Owens also said he honestly does not believe what happened in Philly was his fault.

Owens says in many ways he still feels like a kid from a small town in Alabama with something to prove.

When asked about how it seemed Philly dominated the NFC East when he was an Eagle, much as the Cowboys are doing now, Owens suggested it was largely because he had changed teams. "The common denominator was me being in both places, but I will let you make that assessment," he said.

In his conference call with the Dallas media, Eagles coach Andy Reid said he was pleased with Owens' turnaround, even though it has occurred with a division rival, and called T.O. "a guy who will go down as one of the greatest ever to play the position."
This guy could not be anymore full of himself if he tried. Notice how the question was not asked, why have the Cowboys not won a playoff game with him in a Cowboy uniform? The really sad part is most of the players that Owens played with in Philly like him more than McNabb. If this were any other sport, Owens would have to watch his back for his big mouth. I would rather see this guy out with knee injuries than Brady.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Jets win 21-6
They'll get more than six points, there's too many playmakers on that offense. People seem to forget that if anyone can coach New England to the AFC East title without Brady, then it's be Belichick. That guy is a fucking genius. I'm hoping for Buffalo though, for obvious reasons. No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Belichick wasn't a genius until he got Brady. Actually, he wasn't even a very good coach until then.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:30 PM
My 2 cents:

New England will still be a solid team without Brady, but they're now very beatable. But I do think Buffalo will edge them out. Here's what I think the final standings will be:

Buffalo 11-5
New England 10-6
New York J. 7-9
Miami 4-12
Old 09-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRontoRon View Post
My 2 cents:

New England will still be a solid team without Brady, but they're now very beatable. But I do think Buffalo will edge them out. Here's what I think the final standings will be:

Buffalo 11-5
New England 10-6
New York J. 7-9
Miami 4-12
I agree, but I will not look for nearly as many 4th quarter comebacks. I hope they rip the Jets and send them back to earth. They were a suck ass team for years. Favre will be Favre and mess up and get called on it now.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Belichick wasn't a genius until he got Brady. Actually, he wasn't even a very good coach until then.
Here's Bill Belicheck's coaching record

Cleveland Browns
1991. 6-10
1992. 7-9
1993. 7-9.
1994. 11-5. - his only playoff appearance with the Browns losing to Pittsburgh in the AFC Divisional playoff
1995. 5-11

Record with Cleveland 36-44

New England
2000 5-11
2001 11-5 - won suer bowl and I think Tom Brady entered in the 3rd game
2002 9-7
2003 14-2 won super bowl
2004 14-2 won super bowl
2005 10-6
2006 12-4
2007 16-0

Record with New England 91-37
Overall 127-81

Credit wikipedia

And while people talk about the Jets barely beating the Dolphins the Patriots barely beat one of the worst teams in the league Kansas City.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
And while people talk about the Jets barely beating the Dolphins the Patriots barely beat one of the worst teams in the league Kansas City.
Hey! WTF?!

Kidding...I know they suck but you don't have to be all like that.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Hey! WTF?!

Kidding...I know they suck but you don't have to be all like that.
You know it will be tough times for the next few years for Kansas City I've been there as a Redskins fan from 1993-1995 when they went 13-35 in those 3 seasons it wasn't fun.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Ya know I bet they are wishing they didn't run Larry Johnson to exhaustion two years ago. I suppose it also has something to do with the lack of O-line there, and Will Shields leaving, but I don't see Larry Johnson stayin put when his contract expires. He could be great on a team with a good O line.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Here's Bill Belicheck's coaching record

Cleveland Browns
1991. 6-10
1992. 7-9
1993. 7-9.
1994. 11-5. - his only playoff appearance with the Browns losing to Pittsburgh in the AFC Divisional playoff
1995. 5-11

Record with Cleveland 36-44

New England
2000 5-11
2001 11-5 - won suer bowl and I think Tom Brady entered in the 3rd game
2002 9-7
2003 14-2 won super bowl
2004 14-2 won super bowl
2005 10-6
2006 12-4
2007 16-0

Record with New England 91-37
Overall 127-81

Credit wikipedia

Thanks for the stats - but I can't tell if you agree with me or are against my point?

I'm pretty sure you agree because those stats prove my point for me.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Quote:
You know it will be tough times for the next few years for Kansas City I've been there as a Redskins fan from 1993-1995 when they went 13-35 in those 3 seasons it wasn't fun.
Well no offense but the way the Redskins' owner has handled that team would drive me crazy. I mean, how many coaches have you guys gone through in the last 5 or 6 season? And besides, with the way the other NFC East teams are playing you're in for a rough season yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbunn10 View Post
Ya know I bet they are wishing they didn't run Larry Johnson to exhaustion two years ago. I suppose it also has something to do with the lack of O-line there, and Will Shields leaving, but I don't see Larry Johnson stayin put when his contract expires. He could be great on a team with a good O line.
I know this sounds crazy but I would shop Larry Johnson around a bit, if I was KC management. Larry Johnson is a beast but only when the offense is clicking. He's not the type to carry this team on his back into the playoffs. I'd shop him around for a young O line prospect or some draft picks. I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would bite. Besides, Jamaal Charles, Kolby Smith and Dantrell Savage can share the load for the next couple of seasons.

Last edited by eljefe15; 09-12-2008 at 04:31 PM..
Old 09-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Quote:
There are 2 reasons I disagree with this. First off, he was a brilliant coordinator, so we know the man has a great football mind. Secondly, he's a great game-time coach. You never see him lost or confused (like Romeo Crennel was on Sunday) and he always creates brilliant schemes, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. He's a versatile coach who has won in different ways: their first Super Bowl team was a very rugged, physical team. Their defense has been completely overhauled, yet until last year Belichick managed to keep them at the top of the league as key guys were replaced (Law, Ted Johnson, Lawyer Milloy, etc.). Last year, when he realized they didn't have the personnel to excel defensively (part age, part injury, part people leaving) he opened up the offense and broke records. Now, obviously, he's a better coach with Brady. Brady is one of the 10 best qbs to ever play the game, but I think Belichick will just go back to the way he coached in the earlier part of the decade: they have 4 solid running backs (when Faulk comes back) so I expect a lot of running, screen passes (this used to be the best screen-pass team in the league), and field position battles. They'll still be competative every week and probably make the playoffs, but I wouldn't count on them to go any farther.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the stats - but I can't tell if you agree with me or are against my point?

I'm pretty sure you agree because those stats prove my point for me.
I agree I just thought I put the stats in to prove your case I put Joe Gibbs 3 Super Bowls with a different starting QB and RB in all 3 over Bill Billichick's 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15
Well no offense but the way the Redskins' owner has handled that team would drive me crazy. I mean, how many coaches have you guys gone through in the last 5 or 6 season? And besides, with the way the other NFC East teams are playing you're in for a rough season yourself.
Lets see since Dan Snyder took over ownership we have gone through
Norv Turner 1994-2000 - was fired first year he became owner I think
Terry Robiskie 2000 - coached the final 3 games in 2000
Marty Schottenheimer 2001
Steve Spurrier 2002-2003
Joe Gibbs 2004-2007
Jim Zorn 2008

So Jim Zorn is our 6th coach in 8 years. The one thing I do like is th epast couple years we have gone throught improving our need through the draft and not make the big splash in free agency and while a few a worked liked Marcus Washington, Portis. A lot of them didn't work or didn't fit the team.

It will be tough I still don't buy the Giants making the playoffs but the Eagles dure looked good destroying the Rams considering it is the Rams.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Quote:
I know this sounds crazy but I would shop Larry Johnson around a bit, if I was KC management.
Doesn't sound crazy at all... they actually tried this when LJ was holding out, and I agreed with it then. I still think they should try it now. This is a team building for the future (evidenced by trading Allen for a draft pick) so there's no need to keep a guy that only has another 2 or 3 good years (at least at the rate they're running him).
Old 09-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Lets see since Dan Snyder took over ownership we have gone through
Norv Turner 1994-2000 - was fired first year he became owner I think
Terry Robiskie 2000 - coached the final 3 games in 2000
Marty Schottenheimer 2001
Steve Spurrier 2002-2003
Joe Gibbs 2004-2007
Jim Zorn 2008

So Jim Zorn is our 6th coach in 8 years. The one thing I do like is th epast couple years we have gone throught improving our need through the draft and not make the big splash in free agency and while a few a worked liked Marcus Washington, Portis. A lot of them didn't work or didn't fit the team.

It will be tough I still don't buy the Giants making the playoffs but the Eagles dure looked good destroying the Rams considering it is the Rams.
I think that what the Redskins need more than anything is consistency. I mean with the amount of talent they've had on their roster and Dan Snyder's commitment to putting a championship team on the field no matter the cost, there's no reason why the Redskins haven't won a championship by now. When you have so much change from season to season, even talented veteran players have trouble playing to their fullest potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Doesn't sound crazy at all... they actually tried this when LJ was holding out, and I agreed with it then. I still think they should try it now. This is a team building for the future (evidenced by trading Allen for a draft pick) so there's no need to keep a guy that only has another 2 or 3 good years (at least at the rate they're running him).
I would have said keep Allen and trade Johnson. I was really upset when they traded Allen since he was one of my favorite players on the team. It just didn't make sense to me to trade off one of the best players that not only brought great energy to already suspect defense but most importantly, he brought production.

As far as the rebuilding, well I'm pretty convinced that Brody Croyle will never be a legitimate starting QB in the NFL. He's a back up at best. The NFL is littered with QBs with big arms that never amounted to anything. Having a rocket for an arm doesn't do you any good if you throw it to the wrong place at the wrong time. I know he's still young and relatively inexperienced but you would think that he would be further along than he is right now.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
There are 2 reasons I disagree with this. First off, he was a brilliant coordinator, so we know the man has a great football mind. Secondly, he's a great game-time coach. You never see him lost or confused (like Romeo Crennel was on Sunday) and he always creates brilliant schemes, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. He's a versatile coach who has won in different ways: their first Super Bowl team was a very rugged, physical team. Their defense has been completely overhauled, yet until last year Belichick managed to keep them at the top of the league as key guys were replaced (Law, Ted Johnson, Lawyer Milloy, etc.). Last year, when he realized they didn't have the personnel to excel defensively (part age, part injury, part people leaving) he opened up the offense and broke records. Now, obviously, he's a better coach with Brady. Brady is one of the 10 best qbs to ever play the game, but I think Belichick will just go back to the way he coached in the earlier part of the decade: they have 4 solid running backs (when Faulk comes back) so I expect a lot of running, screen passes (this used to be the best screen-pass team in the league), and field position battles. They'll still be competative every week and probably make the playoffs, but I wouldn't count on them to go any farther.
All great points but you can't just overlook his record with and without Brady. Without him he is simply on his way to being an assistant or coordinator for life. It's no secret that before the year he lucked into starting Brady he was on the chopping block.

I agree he is a good coach, I just don't think he a "genius". I wouldn't want him coaching my Packers.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Week 2 picks

Green Bay over Detroit - Same old pathetic Lions

Chicago over Carolina - Defense looks almost like 2 years ago. This team would be scary if if it had a QB

NYG over St. Louis - The Rams suck especially their defense

Washington over New Orleans - come on guys your better than this

Jacksonville over Buffalo - if Buffalo win this team has a very good chance

Tennessee over Cincinnati - I hate putting my faith in Kerry Collins

Kansas City over Oakland - ???????

Indianapolis over Minnesota - someones going 0-2

Tampa Bay over Atlanta - Atlanta won't score 34 points this time around

Seattle over San Francisco - yuck

San Diego over Denver - Mayve Denver is better or are they fooling me again.

NY Jets over New England - Now we really see how good of a coach Bill Belichick is.

Hurricance Ike over Baltimore and Houston - Hurricane Ike prevents us from seeing this game from ever taking place

Arizona over Miami - ???? Too many tough games

Pittsburgh over Cleveland this one might not be close.

Phily over Dallas - I hate both teams but it looks like McNabb is back and might have a legit #1 reciever now.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Week 2 picks

Hurricance Ike over Baltimore and Houston - Hurricane Ike prevents us from seeing this game from ever taking place

Yeah, I can't believe that's what I'm hearing, that it actually might be cancelled. This makes no sense to me at all. The two teams have their bye weeks at different times, so there'd be no way to make it up down the road.

Gee, what to do? What to do? Hmm. I don't know, how about holding it in a neutral stadium somewhere maybe? Maybe in San Antonio or something. Or wherever. Wasn't a Chargers game last year moved to Arizona or somewhere else because of fires? Surely they can find a stadium to move it to, even on short notice. And if it is too short notice to sell tickets or whatever, then that's pretty damn dumb of the league not to have a contingency plan on this. Everyone knew Hurricane Ike was coming. Gas prices went through the roof because of anticipation that oil refineries would be ruined. The gas companies knew Ike might cause damage, so why didn't the NFL foresee this potentially happening?

The NFL is usually such a well run league, but if the game is cancelled this week, they're really going to end up looking pretty bush league on this one, imo.

The game should at least be played somewhere. Even if it's too short of notice to sell tickets to the public. I know that in European soccer, if the home team's fans have acted poorly, sometimes they're punished by having to play their home games in an empty stadium. It's not an ideal situation, but it beats the alternative of actually cancelling the game.

Imo, there's just no excuse for this game to be cancelled.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

It's official, the game has been postponed. At least it wasn't cancelled, that would have been ridiculous. Actually, this is a good solution, imo. It works like this:

The Bengals and Texans both originally had their bye weeks at the same time, Week 8, and they both originally played each other Week 10, so now they'll play each other Week 8 instead, and that will move Cincinnati's bye to Week 10, where the Texans will then be free to play the Ravens, who were to have a bye that week.

Good job NFL, I should never have doubted that the NFL would find a suitable solution.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:38 PM
So when is the Ravens' bye now?
Old 09-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Quote:
So when is the Ravens' bye now?
This week. Along with Houston.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRontoRon View Post
This week. Along with Houston.
Oh, duh. I wasn't thinking, sorry. It sucks for them though, having a bye this early in the season can't be very fun.