Old 10-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Thoughts on this weeks games

Great win by the Redskins I know it's the Lions and they suck but this team is really beat up on defense with a few guys they could use back Pittsburgh will be a tough one and man isn't Santana Moss awesome an excellent game and Portis would possibly be the MVP if Brees wasn't having the ridiculous season that he's having right now and great game from Jason Campbell possibly his best game I've seen he's making great decisions the fumbles I think need work on but no INTs in 8 games isn't a fluke.

Giants looked good and I really think them and the Redskins are the top 2 teams in the NFC and I don't think it's even close between them and whoever you want to put at 3 maybe Carolina I like how they are playing this year.

Dallas despite the win they look atrocious on offense this team will get killed next week against the Giants.

I find it really strange that the Jets beat Kansas City and Tyler Thigpen out played Brett Favre.

Watching the Bengals they might now even win a game either at least the Lions have looked respectable in their past 3 games.

Saints-Chargers best game of the week back and forth an offensive display but the Chargers just something is wrong with them.

And Mike Singletary going of on Vernon Davis I think looks really good I think we need more coaches like that sitting down whiny players that pull stuff like Vernon Davis did getting a stupid unsportsmanlike penalty and J.T. O' Tournover got pulled I think is the right move after 3 more tounovers I think as far as QB's go he has more tounovers than anybody.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Giants looked good and I really think them and the Redskins are the top 2 teams in the NFC and I don't think it's even close between them and whoever you want to put at 3 maybe Carolina I like how they are playing this year.
Forgetting someone? The Green Bay Packers.

It's laughable that you put that Redskins as the team to beat in the NFC.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
Forgetting someone? The Green Bay Packers.

It's laughable that you put that Redskins as the team to beat in the NFC.
I put them behind the Giants and i'm not forgetting the Packers Right now I think they are going to be in a fight with the Bears for the division and I think the Bears would have easily taken the NFC North had they not blown 3 games in the 4th QTR.

Aaron Rodgers has these up and down games where he looks great one week and another week he just looks okay and defensively the injuries are starting to pile up on them I don't think they are better than Carolina, Washington, Giants, and possibly Phily.

Giants and Redskins are going to finish with the top 2 records in the NFC the way it looks right now them and Carolina are I believe the best 2 teams in the NFC as a matter of fact let me go throught the whole NFC right now with the teams I have as legit playoff contenders I'm not including Detroit, Seattle or San Francisco

1. New York Giants - haven't missed a beat defensively with the injuries and retirements.
2. Washington Redskins - 0 INTs from Campbell and Portis leads the league in rushing, injures on defense starting to pile up thought
3. Carolina Panthers - Like the Redskins finding a way to win the close games
4. Chicago Bears - Love the D, Orton looks good so far.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Love the D don't like the offense
6. Philadelphia Eagles - Vulnerable against the pass losses to Dallas and Washington early put them in the hole.
7. New Orleans Saints - The D will cost them a playoff spot
8. Green Bay Packers - Ryan Grant hasn't looked most of the year partly due to injuries team isn't as consistent as last year.
9. Arizona Cardinals - I know they will win their division but this team is shit on the road and the D on the road is too inconsistent
10. Dallas Cowboys - without injuries this team would be higher but Brad Johnson looks terrible and with the Giants and Redskins within the next 3 weeks 5-5 isn't out of the question making this team toast.
11. Minnesota Vikings - Ferotte is better than Jackson which isn't saying much team still can't defend against the pass
12. Atlanta Falcons - Impressed with Matt Ryan
13. St. Louis Rams - only because they have 2 shots at the Cardinals plus games against Seattle, 49ers, Miami still left.

So there are who I believe are legit playoff contenders so far and if you want to point out any arguments on how the Redskins aren't as good as their 6-2 record indicates then you go ahead and tell me how this team is terrible because unless Campbell and Portis both get injured this team will make the playoffs and are serious contenders in the NFC the way it is right now.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:59 AM

Anyone else getting the vibe that this could finally be Jeff Fisher's year??
Old 10-28-2008, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Thoughts on this weeks games

Dallas despite the win they look atrocious on offense this team will get killed next week against the Giants.
The Giants looked really good the other night, in my opinion. The D-line did a great job of harrassing Big Ben, and the O-line did a fine job of protecting Eli Manning. A big win for the Giants, for sure.

I expected the Bucs to beat the Brad Johnson-led Cowboys, and they should've done just that -- they didn't. Their offense worries me, and I think it should worry them as well.

The Titans are still undefeated -- 7-0. When will the streak end? I think they'll take care of the Packers this week, but the Bears could upset them the following week.

I'll be shocked if the Colts can find a way to get themselves into the playoffs.

Strider
Old 10-28-2008, 07:04 AM
I know they're 7-0, but I don't see them getting to the Super Bowl.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingbanky View Post
I know they're 7-0, but I don't see them getting to the Super Bowl.
I do the only team I think that can beat them is maybe Pittsburgh but they are really beat up. Tennessee defensively plays better than anybody.

Indy is in big trouble wow them, Jacksonville, San Diego all possibly not making the playoffs this year.

I've never seen a year so wide open.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Packers will beat the Titans this Sunday.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
The Titans are still undefeated -- 7-0. When will the streak end? I think they'll take care of the Packers this week, but the Bears could upset them the following week.

Strider
Well, the next 4 games for the Titans are GB, Chicago, Jacksonville and the NYJets. They're not going undefeated for the year, and probably could care less about that. However, If they go 2-2 thru those next 4 teams, then it's a cakewalk for the rest of the season with possibly one other loss for them, barring any catastrophic injuries.

Pencil them in at 13-3 with homefield throughout the playoffs. That's what coach Fisher is looking for, and will probably get.

As for the Ravens and Steelers, well there upcoming schedules are so horrific you can barely look at them..especially Baltimore's. The Bills schedule is a bit more aggreable, but they've been losing when you least espect it.

Last edited by meccajay; 10-31-2008 at 08:56 AM..
Old 10-31-2008, 12:12 AM
I just want to say that Mike Singletary is the greatest coach ever. So what if he played only one game so far? He also did this.

Eric Mangini could take notes from this guy.

It's time to start a pool: How long until Favre goes down for the season? He's been getting slaughtered by defenses. Kellen Clemens was actually ready to go against Kansas City in the 2nd quarter, but Favre insisted. I can't see him coming back at this point with the beatings he's been getting this season.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Falcons have already won more games this year than they did last year.

And 5 more than KingofKings2525 predicted at the beginning of the year.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm glad to see Brady Quinn getting a chance. Derek Andersen was just too inaccurate for today's NFL, and unless he's compensating for that with some quick scores and big plays (like last year) you just can't have a guy completing only half of his passes. They tried to be the super explosive offense (even signing Stallworth for another deep threat) but people figured out that offense and Anderson is too limited to switch the style up. They need a guy who is accurate and moves the chains, and I think Quinn is the right man for the job.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Falcons have already won more games this year than they did last year.

And 5 more than KingofKings2525 predicted at the beginning of the year.
And about 3 or 4 more than last year I didn't think they could be this good.

And Deangelo Hall could be cut by the Raiders today I wonder if there is any connection to his comments the other day on Michael Vick becoming a Raider when he gets out of prison.

As for the Monday nighter give the Steelers credit watching that they have the best front 7 in the NFL to do that to the best RB in the NFL right now and to pick Campbell off twice for his first 2 INTs of the year(the first one wasn't his fault) Steelers might be the team that gives the Titans a good run.

Still thought I'l take 6-3 going into the bye week it gives Moss, Portis a chance to heal up and Taylor and Spring a chance to get healthy becasue I would so love to help eliminate Dallas after the bye week.

And someone want to tell me what the hell is wrong with Jacksonville I know they got injuries but Cincinnati teams like that you got to beat
Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Quote:
And Deangelo Hall could be cut by the Raiders today I wonder if there is any connection to his comments the other day on Michael Vick becoming a Raider when he gets out of prison.
I doubt that Deangelo would get cut with what the Raiders are paying him; Al Davis won't be able to pull the same shit that he pulled on Lane Kiffin on Deangelo.

Well, Deangelo and Vick went to and played for Virginia Tech together (I was in school then as well ) and also played with the Falcons together. They're probably still friends and he wouldn't mind if Vick came to the Raiders.

Another connection there is WR Ronald Curry, who was a QB rival of Vick's in Virginia (Curry was my high school's QB).
Old 11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
watching TO cry puts a smile on my face

Last edited by Cosimo; 11-05-2008 at 12:49 PM..
Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Carolina is 7-2! I wonder if the analysts will finally start to include them in their "Best of NFC" talks. "Best of NFL" maybe? Sure, their schedule hasn't been too rough, but they still deserve more accolades than they are receiving.

Would it be considered "immoral" or "illegal" to put Al Davis on life support against his will? Even if he is an image of health? Someone should look into that.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:06 PM
so glad kansas went for two points, that was k is for clever?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:55 PM
My ATL falcons are looking legit. With the win over the saints today i have no doubt that they can win the division. The team is clicking well together, Matt Ryan has all the rookie jitters out of him AND IS ONE OF THE BEST QB's in the game, dont even get me stared on Turner, the man is just a beast, and don't forget abraham, brooking and the rest of the defense. I feel the falcons will beat the panthers and bucs later on this year at the dome. I love this season!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky4fingerz View Post
My ATL falcons are looking legit. With the win over the saints today i have no doubt that they can win the division. The team is clicking well together, Matt Ryan has all the rookie jitters out of him AND IS ONE OF THE BEST QB's in the game, dont even get me stared on Turner, the man is just a beast, and don't forget abraham, brooking and the rest of the defense. I feel the falcons will beat the panthers and bucs later on this year at the dome. I love this season!
I don't think he ever had rookie jitters. I talked him up on these forums before, because I always believed in him. But my expectations were "steady qb who wins 6-8 games and gets Falcons' fans excited," not "leading MVP candidate and best rookie qb since Dan Marino." The kid is incredible. Good for him, and good for Atlanta. They deserved to hit the jackpot after the whole Vick incident.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:48 AM
Dear Saints,

Improve your defense!

Sincerely,

Me
Old 11-10-2008, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I don't think he ever had rookie jitters. I talked him up on these forums before, because I always believed in him. But my expectations were "steady qb who wins 6-8 games and gets Falcons' fans excited," not "leading MVP candidate and best rookie qb since Dan Marino." The kid is incredible. Good for him, and good for Atlanta. They deserved to hit the jackpot after the whole Vick incident.

When I said jitters i guess I meant he had to get the system down. I went to the dome and saw him against the colts this preseason and he looked great from the first snap. DAMN, I wish I didn't move to texas! Bigred760, i envy you so much. I had season tickets for 7 years, and now that I'm gone they are having the best season in years (and so are the damn hawks!). Oh well, at least I got to see Vick in his good days.
But i see the Falcons winning the division from here. Now that the team is straight gellin like a felon. the chargers and the vikings are gonna be hard games but all the rest are wins.
my predictions:
ATL:12-4
CAR:11-5
TB:10-6
NO:8-8
.....one can always hope.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I say the Panthers take the division. It will be very competitive, though.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Poor Vince Young, the guy's an all-star but won’t get any play this season. Well maybe he'll get to the super bowl on the bench anyway.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:13 PM
All-star? Hahahahahahahahahaha. More like All-Bum.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:47 PM
vince young stinks
Old 11-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Cardinals got so many calls their way this game. Who blew or paid the ref's for this one?
Old 11-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky4fingerz View Post
The Falcons are definately one of the biggest surprises of the season and it's great to see this team rebound quickly after what has happened the past 2 years I don't think they are going to best Carolina and get the division but I think they are in the race with Washington and Tampa Bay for the 2 wild card spots. I want to include Phily but they have to beat Washington on the road and their defense has holes.

And the Redskins signing Deangelo Hall for the rest of the year I don't know wether to be excited or scared.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Excited... Didn't you see what happened to Moss and Collins when they left the Raiders?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Tonight's MNF was great. I didn't expect such a competitive match-up -- a pleasant surprise, no doubt. Despite the loss, it seems Mike Singletary has single-handedly transformed the 49ers. They looked really good tonight, and, if not for a major clock fuck-up and a poor last play decision by Mike Martz, they probably would've upset the Cards. Under Singletary, the 49ers could very well have a winning season in the near future -- the team, organization should definitely keep him around for awhile.

Strider
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
Excited... Didn't you see what happened to Moss and Collins when they left the Raiders?
Part of me is excited because with Atlanta he was a good CB and played really well and part of me is a little scares too since I'm not too fond of how he acts on the field which lead to his exit from Atlanta and his 8 games in Oakland he didn't play too well but it's Oakland.

With him Spings, Smoot, and Rogers we have potientially one of the best secondaries in the NFL.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:21 PM
WOOO! It was close but the Dolphins won again. 5-4 and a half decent chance at making the playoffs. Don't believe me? Check out this schedule

Oakland
New England
@St Louis
@Buffalo (Toronto)
San Francisco
@Kansas City
@NY Jets

Really, I'd be willing to predict the team wins all four of its non-division games. I'd even predict the Dolphins win at least one of the three against division rivals. So, say a 5-2 record to finish...10-6. Not often a 10-6 team misses the playoffs.

What do you think?
Old 11-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Tonight's MNF was great. I didn't expect such a competitive match-up -- a pleasant surprise, no doubt. Despite the loss, it seems Mike Singletary has single-handedly transformed the 49ers. They looked really good tonight, and, if not for a major clock fuck-up and a poor last play decision by Mike Martz, they probably would've upset the Cards. Under Singletary, the 49ers could very well have a winning season in the near future -- the team, organization should definitely keep him around for awhile.

Strider
Mike Martz is an egotistical meathead. He is probably the most predictable play-caller in the NFL right now. He gets his QB to launch grenades downfield hoping wideouts catch them. He toned it down for most of last night but in the end are you surprised he's the one who ruined it for the 49ers?

The Cardinals are dangerous. I wonder if Boldin still wants out of Pink Taco Stadium.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:18 AM
So there's no such thing as 2nd OT in the NFL? Honestly, finishing an NFL game in a tie is so fucking strange. I'd appreciate it if someone could explain the OT rules to me.

Strider
Old 11-17-2008, 11:51 AM
I'd appreciate it if someone finally changed the overtime rules. The whole sudden death aspect has gone on way too long, each team should at least have 1 chance with the ball instead of letting your fate rest on a coin toss.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Why couldn't they just keep playing until someone scored? What a ridiculous rule. It was a waste of four hours.

The Panthers are 8-2, and yet, the cocks on ESPN can't stop talking about the Cowboys and the Falcons.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
Why couldn't they just keep playing until someone scored? What a ridiculous rule. It was a waste of four hours.

The Panthers are 8-2, and yet, the cocks on ESPN can't stop talking about the Cowboys and the Falcons.
Or the Giants and Titans

The Falcons are a nice story because no one saw this coming especially what happened last year.

I really think the Panthers are one of the best teams in the league and they play in a division that every team appears to be competitive, and despite the crappy division Arizona should be in this discussion as well Kurt Warner looks like his 1999 old self.

I don't think a lot of you in the US get CBC but tomorrow on CBC for us Canadians and any of you in the US that can get it there'a a program called the Fifth Estate where they take a look at the life expectancy of an NFL player which is 20 years less than an average man.

The title of the documentary is called Head Games(9:00PM Eastern) here's the description of the program.

They have been called the greatest football team in the history of the CFL the Edmonton Eskimos of the 1970s and '80s that won five consecutive Grey Cups. But, for some of the star players on that team, the years of triumph ended ingloriously in early deaths, from heart attack, suicide and misadventure. The tragedy of those early deaths was often compounded by alcohol or drug addictions, probably caused by another, less visible, killer. Recent research by neuroscientists now shows the link between on-the-field concussions and brain damage; a permanent injury that can lead to depression, suicide and severe aberrant behaviour. The damage is so profound, the researchers say, that post-mortem examinations of the brain tissue of five former professional football players can be compared only to the tissue found in the brain tissue of advanced Alzheimers cases.

They apparently interviewed former NFLer Ted Johnson who had to retire not too long ago because of concussions and reportedly shows signs of alzheimers disease and he's 35 which is scary here's his wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Johnson
Old 11-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Quote:

...despite the crappy division Arizona should be in this discussion as well Kurt Warner looks like his 1999 old self.
Problem is he has no Marshall Fulk to help balance out the offense and keep his INTs to a minimum. I wish we could just send the entire NFC East and ommit the NFC West and North from participating. The West is just embarassing, and every year I catch myself hoping that this is the year that San Francisco turns themselves around; and yet every year I am proved wrong by another horrid season and dissapointing prospect at QB. The NFC North is slowly becoming just as bad. Unless Ryan Grant can start running like he did last year (and last week against the Bears), there's really no team that deserves to win that division either.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Or the Giants and Titans

The Falcons are a nice story because no one saw this coming especially what happened last year.

I really think the Panthers are one of the best teams in the league and they play in a division that every team appears to be competitive, and despite the crappy division Arizona should be in this discussion as well Kurt Warner looks like his 1999 old self.
The Giants and Titans deserve every accolade that comes their way. Giants are the defending champs and the Titans are undefeated. With all due respect to every other team, I think the attention paid to the Giants and Titans is completely validated.

As for the Panthers, I think you're right. Julius Peppers looks like Julius Peppers again, their running game is the best in the league, and their passing game is adequate. I think they'll give the Giants a heck of a battle when they play. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the NFC.

Cards would be in the discussion if their defense can get its act together. No reason they're that bad. But Warner is the MVP right now.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
The Giants and Titans deserve every accolade that comes their way. Giants are the defending champs and the Titans are undefeated. With all due respect to every other team, I think the attention paid to the Giants and Titans is completely validated.

As for the Panthers, I think you're right. Julius Peppers looks like Julius Peppers again, their running game is the best in the league, and their passing game is adequate. I think they'll give the Giants a heck of a battle when they play. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the NFC.

Cards would be in the discussion if their defense can get its act together. No reason they're that bad. But Warner is the MVP right now.
Oh the Giants and Titans deserve every accolade they get it's everyone has the Giants ahead of the Titans even though the Titans are undefeated.

If the Cardinals beat the Giants and I think they have a chance this week they deserve to be in the discussion.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:53 AM
i hope the Jets beat the Titans