Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip > Celeb-O-Meter
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Posters opinions on Celebrity looks are usually wrong...

On the "Hot or Not" topic on Moviehotties.com there have been many celebrities that are not good looking at all but are voted HOT like 85% of the time. The reason they are considered Hot or well Pretty, is just because they are Celebrities. If they were just a normal person and they were seen on the street, they wouldn't be thought about at all when they are seen.

The most recent 2 celebrities are Anna Paquin and Chloe Sevigny. They were voted hot like 85% of the time. They aren't ugly but I don't find them pretty at all. I wouldn't say ugly, I just don't know what the term would be for not good looking at all. It would maybe be "very barely ugly". If that's the term for it.

Honestly, if they were never celebrities and you saw them, you wouldn't think they were pretty at all. It's only because they are celebrities that they are thought to be very pretty or hot.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:49 AM
I've stared at your post for five minutes, trying to figure out how to respond.

All I can say is: Really? You're going to shame people for finding a celebrity hot because of something that's hypothetical? "If they weren't celebrities and you just saw them walking down the street, you wouldn't think they were attractive."

I still don't 'get' that. But I'm obviously of a weaker mind than you.

Why does it matter anyway?
Come to think of it, what the fuck do I know? Bah...Bah...

LOL @ your thread title, too.

Last edited by Tweek; 11-05-2008 at 02:52 AM..
Old 11-05-2008, 03:02 AM
It matters because posters only think that because they are celebrities and it is annoying. If they were just friends of the posters and were never celebrities, they wouldn't be considered hot at all, well especially Anna Paquin and Chloe Sevigny. Obviously there are some celebrities that are gorgeous but definitely not those 2. There are others that are in the same category as them and are also considered hot.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Nah.

There's people who get their looks ragged out ONLY because they are celebrities.

Here's a mind blower:

Posters usually only post opinions on celebrities looks, because we all only all know celebrities and if someone posted a picture of some chick they passed on the street and asked everyone to rate it, the thread would get closed for not being celebrity related.

Amazing!

In more mind blowing news, the only reason people say movies are awesome is because they are staring actors and actresses and made by directors and producers.

Your mind has been blown!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:15 AM
I'm just asking for posters opinions on it. No need to bash me or question me. Please just post what you think about that.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbp View Post
I'm just asking for posters opinions on it. No need to bash me or question me. Please just post what you think about that.
Well, when you come in, in one of your first posts on the forum and say that the schmoes are 'Usually wrong' about something that's the reaction you're going to get.

Anyway the post title is a ludicrous statement. If I think Chloe Sevigny is hot (which, incidentally, I certainly do) I can't possibly be wrong about that, because I'm stating a personal opinion. Honestly, who is anyone to come along and tell me 'your libido is responding incorrectly'. I think she's hot, you don't, great. Some people think that overinflated plastic talent void Jordan is hot, I struggle to hold on to my lunch when looking at her. Doesn't make anyone wrong, just different.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 AM
Ok, well in my opinion they are just wrong to me, in the way they have a different opinion than me. I just don't see how 85% of the posters on the Hot or Not poll could think Chloe Sevigny is hot, nor can I with you thinking that when she clearly isn't. All you have to do is look at her face. She is maybe just kind of decent looking.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:42 AM
Also, just out of interest, why the fuck does it matter to you what anyone else thinks?
Old 11-05-2008, 03:52 AM
It's just what I noticed is all. No need to bad mouth me. People always say their thoughts and opinions. I just want to know if others have noticed that about the thoughts and opinions posters have on basically all celebrities.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:14 AM
The thing is, if we were just random people you saw on the street, and had these opinions, you wouldn't care or think anything of it. But since we are posting it on a message board, you make it out like we are bad mouthing you. That's wrong.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:19 AM
Not a single poster has stated an opinion or thought on the topic I brought up. Posters have only questioned me and said things about me being a moron.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:27 AM
Stop projecting your feelings on to us. Just stop it!

For the record:

Tweek said they don't think you can shame posters for voicing an opinion
I pointed out that random people on the streets don't get topics started about them
SAI pointed out that attraction is subjective.

You, on the other hand, have added the least to the discussion, starting off by saying everyone was wrong, then when questioned how they can be wrong, turning it out like your some kind of victim on net bullying that there's no evidence of.

Reponses you have given that are more about you than about any of the input anyone else has given. We all voiced an opinion of your thread, but you refuse to acknowledge or comprehend any of our posts and instead are just harping on some invisible war between you and unknown enemies.

But I can play that game too, and if you call my mom a stank ho one more time, there will be hell to pay!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:46 AM
Okay, he's gone. It's safe for everyone to take off their pants again.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:46 AM
I agreed with ever word he said. If only I had arrived here sooner.

You are all responsible for this man's suicide. He simply tried to reach out and touch other humans with his wisdom and his opinion that you are all idiots for disagreeing with him.

For shame.

For shame.

Lindsey, how can we make this right? It can be fixed, can't it?

CAN'T IT?

Last edited by Reigh Kaufman; 11-05-2008 at 06:30 AM..
Old 11-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Not a single poster has stated an opinion or thought on the topic I brought up. Posters have only questioned me and said things about me being a moron.
Oh please. Okay, perhaps I was a shade harsh in my second post, but come on, everyone has contributed here with a wide range of thoughts and points in a pretty civil debate.

and this is your reaction?

Quote:
Ok. Your Mom isn't a stank ho, she's a BITCH. I'm not going to come back on here and view posts because all posters will do is say shit about me anyways. Posters are always such assholes. So fuck you and the other posters on this board. Fuck off you dumb fucks.
Bye then... you'll be missed.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Anyone got any hot pics of random women they saw on the street they want to post?

<EDITED FOR NICENESS>

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 11-05-2008 at 06:29 AM..
Old 11-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
Anyone got any hot pics of random women they saw on the street they want to post?

<EDITED FOR NICENESS>
Schmoe killer.

Assassin.

Enabler.

Euthanasia supporter.

Go back to iMDB, flame war starter. And take your mom with you.

These goddamn Trolls are getting out of hand.

Change is coming.

'Yes we can'...

I, Reigh Kaufman, endorse this message.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Gentlemen....gentlemen....let's all take a deep breath and soak up something positive such as the following.....

Do you feel better now?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Quote:
You, on the other hand, have added the least to the discussion, starting off by saying everyone was wrong, then when questioned how they can be wrong, turning it out like your some kind of victim on net bullying that there's no evidence of.
Technically, he didn't say that everyone was wrong . . . just "like 85%."
So you could've eased up on the guy a bit.

And I probably would find Anna Paquin hot 85% of the time. Chloe Sevigny . . . probably about 60%.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Quote:
It's just what I noticed is all. No need to bad mouth me. People always say their thoughts and opinions. I just want to know if others have noticed that about the thoughts and opinions posters have on basically all celebrities.
So saying someone is wrong over a matter of opinion is not bad mouthing them? I know this 13 year old that somehow is allowed to use the computer said he's not looking at this board anymore, but 18 posts and 6 are on this pointless thread? Really?
Old 11-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Stop projecting your feelings on to us. Just stop it!

No! Use your "I feel..." statements.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Sevigny is average at best, but Paquin is a wicked hot babe...
Old 11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Actress Rosario Dawson:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderPredator View Post
HOT!!!

Random lady on the street:

NOT!!!

Case closed!

Or is it?

Put the two together, like panels in a comic book, and Rosario is addressing the random lady on the street: VERY HOT!!!

Sometimes the lines are very gray.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 11-05-2008 at 12:37 PM..
Old 11-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Now this thread is going to get closed.

Thanks a lot!

lol @ your edit.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Gentlemen....gentlemen....let's all take a deep breath and soak up something positive such as the following.....

Do you feel better now?

Yeah...I do
Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Actress Rosario Dawson:

HOT!!!

NOT!!!

Case closed!

Or is it?

Put the two together, like panels in a comic book, and Rosario is addressing the random lady on the street: VERY HOT!!!

Sometimes the lines are very gray.
Best.

Post.

EVER!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Quote:

Do you feel better now?

OMG...is that Rosario? I fucking LOVE you!!!!

*breasty hugs ElderPredator*

- Side note - Weren't there male schmoes back in the day that were always drooling over Lindsey, Tagia, and other chicks that weren't celebrities?
Old 11-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Quote:

NOT!!!

Case closed!

Or is it?

I'm pretty sure she was married to John Lennon for awhile.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Look closer. I'm pretty sure she was Wilford Brimley's mistress.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Look closer. I'm pretty sure she was Wilford Brimley's mistress.
Oh wow.

I'm sure she's got all the diabetes supplies she'll ever need.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Awww... I wanted to be Jbp's friend too! Sucha nice guy!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Chloe Sevigny and Anna Paquin ARE hot.

And my god, so is Dawson.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:05 PM
A little off topic but who is that amazingly beautiful lady showing me her tongue?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killuminati003 View Post
A little off topic but who is that amazingly beautiful lady showing me her tongue?

It's not off topic. In fact, the answer is inside this very thread. I like to think of it like Where's Waldo?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Man, you mean I have to read? I read the first few half of the thread or so (all the way until the tongue lady showed up) realized the guy was banned, got bored and asked that question. I half thought it was a random pic.

Rosario Dawson?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Quote:

Rosario Dawson?

Yes.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Chloe Sevigny.
woof, woof.

Sometimes I think dudes like fugly chicks becuase they know they don't have a chance with a hottie. They're too self conscious to even allow themselves to wonder what it would be like to date a good looking girl. Instead they date physically unappealing girls and force themselves to see their inner beauty. It's that or spend the rest of their lives alone.

And I commend them for it. It's very mature of you.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
Chloe Sevigny.
woof, woof.

Sometimes I think dudes like fugly chicks becuase they know they don't have a chance with a hottie. They're too self conscious to even allow themselves to wonder what it would be like to date a good looking girl. Instead they date physically unappealing girls and force themselves to see their inner beauty. It's that or spend the rest of their lives alone.

And I commend them for it. It's very mature of you.
Is anyone here dating Chloe Sevigny or any "hottie" listed on MovieHotties?
Old 12-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Is anyone here dating Chloe Sevigny or any "hottie" listed on MovieHotties?
I've dated all of them in various times in my life...
Old 12-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Quote:
I've dated all of them in various times in my life...
Yeah... I like to dream too.