Old 12-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Free Bonuses With DVD Releases - Part 2

Continuing KBall's idea.

TARGET - January 6th, 2009

The Tudors: Season 2
Exclusive bonus disc - also comes with five dollar gift card.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

$7.50 DVDs

Annie
Grandma's Boy: Unrated
Hellboy
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
The Punisher

$9.99 DVDs

Indiana Jones IV: Kingdom OF The Crystal Skull (single disc)
Iron Man (single disc)

$10.00 DVDs

Madagascar
27 Dresses
Juno
American Gangster: 2 Disc Unrated Extended Edition
P.S. I Love You

$13 DVDs - fitness titles usually found in the Sporting Goods department

The Firm: Ultimate Fat Burning
The Biggest Loser Workout: Cardio Max
10 Minute Solution: Hot Body Boot Camp
Quick Start Yoga For Weight Loss
Taebo
Gaiam Yoga For Beginners

$15.99 DVDs

Mamma Mia! The Movie $15.99
The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants 2
Tropic Thunder
Eagle Eye
Get Smart
The Incredible Hulk
An American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong (with $5.00 gift card)

$19.99 DVDs

The Little Mermaid: 2 Disc Platinum Edition
The Little Mermaid II: Return To The Sea
The Little Mermaid III: Ariel’s Beginning
Peter Pan: 2 Disc Platinum Edition
Peter Pan: Return To Neverland

Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 $34.99
Greek: Chapter 2 $19.99
CSI: Season 8 $44.99
The Tudors: Season 1 $19.99
24: Season 1 - 6 $17.99 (each)
Friends: Seasons 1 - 10 $15.99 (each)
My Name Is Earl: Season 3 $19.99
Seinfeld: Seasons 8 or 9 $14.99 (each)
Jon & Kate Plus Eight: Season 1&2 $9.99

(information from DVD Talk Forum - speedy1961)

I have two targets this week. They're selling "Babylon A.D: 2 Disc Deluxe Unrated" for $22.99 and S4 of "Battlestar Galactica". I'll see if I can find it cheaper (either of them). That's a good price for those seasons of "Twenty-Four". The series comes back on January 11th and will have the return of Elisha Cuthbert. Kim is now a MILF.

Last edited by JohnIan; 12-26-2008 at 10:43 PM..
Old 12-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Certain City - January 6th, 2009

-NONE-

$6.99 DVDs

Wedding Crashers: Uncorked Edition
Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle: Extreme Unrated Edition
Cheech & Chong’s Next Movie/Born In East L.A. double feature

Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 $34.99
24: Season 1 - 6 $24.00 (each)

50% off HBO titles (more titles at stores), prices shown with discount

Entourage: Season 4 $17.50
The Sopranos: Season 6.2 $30
John Adams $30
Generation Kill $30
Band Of Brothers $35.00

30% off ALL CDs (4th - 10th only)

Same price on "BSG" S4 as Target as well as "Babylon A.D: 2 Disc Unrated". Maybe Best Buy will win the day (or have an exclusive). I'll have to see if there's any CDs I want. My store has a pretty crappy selection, just the popular stuff. And I'm not a tween.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:12 AM
Wal-Mart - December 21st, 2008

Death Race
Exclusive skull cap.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:34 AM
Best Buy - January 6th, 2009

Battlestar Galactica: Season 4
Exclusive limited edition gift set; dog tags and book - 8 per store.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

$5.99 DVDs

Eurotrip: Unrated
Clerks II
Super Troopers
Van Wilder: The Rise Of Taj
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Stripes: Extended Cut
Dude, Where’s My Car?
Cocaine Cowboys

$9.99 DVDs (purchase any two and receive a free $5.00 gift card - must be on the same receipt)

The Water Horse: Legend Of The Deep
Leatherheads
The Bank Job
No Country For Old Men
There Will Be Blood
We Own The Night
The Spiderwick Chronicles
Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day
Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns
Baby Mama
Stargate: The Ark Of Truth
Doomsday: Unrated
The Forbidden Kingdom
Hitman: Unrated
Superbad: Unrated Extended Edition
Definitely, Maybe

The Tudors: Season 2 $24.99
The Tudors: Season 1 $19.99
Battlestar Galactica: Season 1 or 3 $34.99
Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 or 2.5 $29.99
Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 $31.99 (standard edition)

$11.99 CD

"Kid Rock - Rock N Roll Jesus" with exclusive DVD.

The the winner is BB. I will be getting S4 of "Battlestar Galactica", the gift set ($39.99). Same price on "Babylon A.D: 2 Disc Unrated". I probably pick up "Eurotrip" (again). It was stupid, but I accidental put a gash on my copy - I tripped. *head shakes*

updated - January 4th, 2009
Now with BSG giftset pix.

Last edited by JohnIan; 01-04-2009 at 05:02 AM..
Old 12-31-2008, 06:35 AM
DVD Crawl. Vol. 26, #3 - December 30th, 2008

"Blasphemy? Before what? God? A God repulsed by the miserable humanity He created in His own image? I will not be shackled by the failures of your God. The only blasphemy is to wallow in insignificance. I have taken refuse of your God's failures and I have triumphed. There! THERE is my creation!" - Dr. Herbert West

Two stores - three titles.

I'm kicking myself now. I made an error. I forgot that "Eagel Eye" has an exclusive from Circuit City. Too late now. I've removed all the stickers from it (security and security bar). Grand. On top of that, I lost the receipt. I didn't care about it, THEN. The discs were mint.

I'm off my game this week. I remembered Sunday afternoon that "Resident Evil: Degeneration" comes out that day. When I got there all the lithos were gone. I asked around and got conflicting answers. Some said they were all gone; picked up by early customers and others said they hadn't gotten them in. I left Best Buy with the DVD. I returned today. Nope. Now I'm told that they indeed received them on Sunday. All gone.

On the bright side I was at Wal-Mart and found that bonus disc for "Iron Man". Sway. It was here that I bought my copy of "Eagle Eye" (2 disc set). Which by the way the store had priced higher, $24.98. I kept scratching my head; this should be $22.98. Joy.

Watched that episode of the upcoming cartoon series "Iron Man" from the disc. The animation was decent. But the writing... well I guess it is geared towards kids. I was expecting more I suppose.

Anyhow, did anybody get that litho or the EE from CC?

Circuit City's exclusive game card for "Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor"/Target's exclusive booklet for "Wanted" (yes it's rectangular)/Wal-Mart's exclusive disc for "Iron Man"

Last edited by JohnIan; 01-06-2009 at 04:38 AM..
Old 01-04-2009, 05:20 AM
Target - January 13th, 2009

-NONE-

- - - - - - - - - - - -

2 DVDs for $9.00

Adventures In Babysitting
Stand By Me: Special Edition
8 Mile
13 Going On 30: Fun & Flirty Edition

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Tyler Perry’s House Of Payne: Volume III $22.99

Wow. What a crappy sale. The only bright side and I mean only bright side about the Raven Symone remake/sequel, "Further Adventures In Babysitting" is that the original film will most likely get a special edition treatment (the DVD above is bare bones). As what happened with the remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still". I want the unaired 1989 TV pilot with Jennifer Guthrie as Chris Parker.

Anyhow, can that reimagining get worse? Sure. It stars Miley Cyrus as her stranded friend, Brenda. *shutters*
Old 01-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Certain City - January 13th, 2009

-NONE-

$7.99 DVDs

Ghost Rider (theatrical version)
The Rock
The Lost Boys (1st pressing)
P2
The Sentinel (2006 film)
Lord Of War
Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns
Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?
Tyler Perry's Daddy’s Little Girls
You, Me & Dupree
Good Luck Chuck: Unrated

Tyler Perry’s House Of Payne: Volume III $19.99
Reba: Season 5 $19.99
Underworld/Underworld: Evolution Double Feature (with theater voucher to see "Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans")

I'll pass here this week as well. If you haven't seen "P2" you might want to give it a chance. It's a solid little "B" movie. And its star Rachel Nichols is ever so nice on the eyes.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIan View Post
"Blasphemy? Before what? God? A God repulsed by the miserable humanity He created in His own image? I will not be shackled by the failures of your God. The only blasphemy is to wallow in insignificance. I have taken refuse of your God's failures and I have triumphed. There! THERE is my creation!" - Dr. Herbert West

Two stores - three titles.

I'm kicking myself now. I made an error. I forgot that "Eagel Eye" has an exclusive from Target. Too late now. I've removed all the stickers from it (security and security bar). Grand. On top of that, I lost the receipt. I didn't care about it, THEN. The discs were mint.

I'm off my game this week. I remembered Sunday afternoon that "Resident Evil: Degeneration" comes out that day. When I got there all the lithos were gone. I asked around and got conflicting answers. Some said they were all gone; picked up by early customers and others said they hadn't gotten them in. I left Best Buy with the DVD. I returned today. Nope. Now I'm told that they indeed received them on Sunday. All gone.

On the bright side I was at Wal-Mart and found that bonus disc for "Iron Man". Sway. It was here that I bought my copy of "Eagle Eye" (2 disc set). Which by the way the store had priced higher, $24.98. I kept scratching my head; this should be $22.98. Joy.

Watched that episode of the upcoming cartoon series "Iron Man" from the disc. The animation was decent. But the writing... well I guess it is geared towards kids. I was expecting more I suppose.

Anyhow, did anybody get that litho or the EE from CC?

Circuit City's exclusive game card for "Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor"/Target's exclusive booklet for "Wanted" (yes it's rectangular)/Wal-Mart's exclusive disc for "Iron Man"
Hey John what was the Eagle Eye exclusive @ Target?
Old 01-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Hey John what was the Eagle Eye exclusive @ Target?
My error. I should've typed Circuit City. Some kind of internet exclusive footage or featurette.

Fixed on my post.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Wal-Mart - December 28th, 2007

Resident Evil: Degeneration
Exclusive tee shirt.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Wal-Mart - January 6th, 2009

Righteous Kill
Exclusive tee shirt.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 AM
DVD Crawl. Vol. 27, #1 - January 6th, 2009

"No, there's nothing wrong with our shooting, gentlemen. In primitive nervous systems like this allosaurus, even a fatal wound might register in the brain with a delayed action. As your saying would have it, this "chap" was late for his own funeral." - Captain Von Schoenvorts

Three stores - two titles.

Eight per store. I see. Well those eight surely became none in probably less than 35 minutes. My main target was the exclusive limited gift set from Best Buy for "Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.0". I got there at 10:13 AM. Copies present? Three. I was expecting to find the lot on the new release table. Nope. Then I looked in the television section. Of course not. Then on the wall-shelf at the end with more new releases. Negative. Then I saw that DVD stand, holding various titles and those said three copies. Got mine. I did a quick search for "Eurotrip". Yes they did have it... full screen; all the copies on sale. I passed.

Okay. Some will find the gift set a disappointment. Look at the pixs below. The dog tags take up a big part of the slipcase. And the cardboard on the blister pack isn't DVD case size. So the thin cases inside kinda slump over. I haven't opened the dog tags. I found that putting it in the end after the booklet and upside down actually, kinda fills up the space. Somewhat.

Something I found out. Those dog tags (metal, not plastic - does not include chain) normally retail for $19.99. Interesting. The booklet is nifty (character profiles). You can see that scan below as well. Anyhow, there is a big gap should you take out the tags. But I read a comment by JSwarce at DVD Talk Forum that may very well explain the cavity...
Quote:
I picked up my BSG set today and was surprised that there was such a gap in the case when you took out the dogtags. Seems like this packaging was not thought out too well. I did take out the dogtags and the Razor slim case, and I could put my two disc Razor DVD with slipcover inside the 4.0 box! So maybe I will just ditch the Razor DVD, or give to a friend.
I just gave it a try, it does in fact FIT; the DVD with the extra thick slipcover (folds out). I'm sold. JSwarce is right on the money. I believe this was deliberate. Most fans already own "Razor" (I do), it's a perfect way to house it. A fancy slipcover. *nods* Will I do that? Nah, I'm too anal. I'm keeping this set as is. But it's nice to know I have that option.

The remaining stores relate to "Babylon A.D.". But I'm going back to Best Buy. When I was there in the morning, I only saw one copy of the two disc set. Lots of the single disc version though.

I was at Circuit City around 6:40 PM. There I saw two copies - just doing recon there. I bought the uncut set from my local Wal-Mart shortly there after; the very last copy. Yeah. What's going on? Did this become a very hot seller? Was the two disc-er short packed? I know I'm not imagining this. Most weird. Have you guys found it with ease?

Anyhow, here are the scans; back of the box (better swag image), booklet and dog tags...

There is another exclusive for season 4.0, but only for our Canadian fanboys and fangirls - a steelbook case from Future Shop.

update...
Best Buy has two delete scenes on their "BSG" 4.0 page. These scenes (presented as MP4s) are NOT on the DVD set. This has been confirmed by the Digital Bits website. The scenes (episodes "Faith" and "Six Of One") can be downloaded. I got mine, click here for yours. Well this turned into a long DVD Crawl post.

Last edited by JohnIan; 01-07-2009 at 05:42 AM..
Old 01-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Target - January 20th, 2009

-NONE-

- - - - - - - - - - - -

6.50 DVDs

Pretty In Pink: Everything's Duckie Edition
Airplane: Don’t Call Me Shirley Edition
What Women Want
Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events
Underworld: Special Edition (1st pressing)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

10.00 DVDs

Open Season
Penelope
Home On The Range
Never Back Down
The Three Musketeers (Mickey Mouse)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$13 DVDs - fitness titles usually found in the Sporting Goods department

The Firm: Ultimate Fat Burning WorkoutDancing With The Stars: Latin Cardio Dance
Quick Start Yoga For Weight Loss
Taebo
Gaiam Yoga For Beginners

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Family Guy: Volumes I - VI >>>> $18.99 (each)
One Tree Hill: Seasons 1 - 5 $18.99 (each)
Nip/Tuck: Seasons 1 - 4 $18.99 (each)
The Office: Season 1 $12.99

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$9.98 CD

"Frank Sinatra: Seduction – Sinatra Sings Of Love" with exclusive DVD.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$11.98 CD

"Notorious BIG" with exclusive DVD.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$13.98 CD

"Mariah Carey: The Ballads – Deluxe Edition" with exclusive bonus CD and a Carey perfume sampler.

I have three titles on my list this week; "Vacancy 2", "The Invaders" S2 and "Max Payne: Unrated". I only have a price tag for the latter $22.99. I'm pretty sure that, that will be the lowest price.

This is something that has me confused. Sure it's for Nickelodeon, but my brain is experiencing a stuck gear. On this day for $12.99 you can pick up "Back At The Barnyard: Cowman – The Uddered Avenger". A transvestite bovine??? That ain't no bull.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:40 AM
Certain City - January 20th, 2009

SAW V: Unrated Director's Cut
Exclusive flipbook keychain.

$4.99 DVDs

Saw
Saw II
Saw III: Unrated Edition
Saw IV: Unrated Director’s Cut
Doom
Constantine (unsure which edition)
Lara Croft, Tomb Raider
Mortal Kombat/Mortal Kombat II Double Feature

Underworld/Underworld: Evolution 2 Pack $14.99

Same price on "Max Payne", no prices on those other title titles. Should anybody be curious, "Repo!: The Genetic Opera" will be selling for $11.99.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Best Buy - January 20th, 2009

-NONE-

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$5.99 DVDs

Sling Blade: Miramax Collector's Series
Equilibrium
Kill Bill: Volume I
Gangs Of New York
Ella Enchanted
The Yards
Good Will Hunting: Miramax Collector's Series
Clerks: Miramax Collector's Series

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$14.99 DVDs (single disc versions)

Batman: The Dark Knight
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Tropic Thunder
Fred Claus
Mamma Mia! The Movie
The Incredible Hulk
Get Smart
The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor
Eagle Eye
Traitor
Righteous Kill
Appaloosa
Sex & The City: The Movie
Wanted
Step Brothers: Unrated
Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears A Who!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

2 For $30 DVDs (must be on the same receipt)

My Best Friend's Girl: Unrated
Disaster Movie: Unrated
Bangkok Dangerous (2008 film)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Underworld/Underworld: Evolution 2 Pack $12.99
My Three Sons: Season 1 – Volume II $29.99
Moonlight: The Complete Series $29.99
LOST: Seasons 1 - 4 $29.99 (each)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Free promo DVD for Fox's "Free Lie To Me" with purchase below or a dollar for it seperately

The Unit: Seasons 1 or 2 $19.99 (each)
24: Seasons 1 - 5 $19.99 (each)
Buffy, The Vampire Slayer: Seasons 1 - 6 $19.99 (each)
Firefly: The Complete Series $19.99
Prison Break: Season 1 $19.99
24: Redemption $19.99
Burn Notice: Season 1 $19.99

There you go. Nothing here for me. I'm guessing they're having the same price on "Max Payne". Nothing listed for "Vacancy 2". I did learn something. There was a date change for season 2 of "The Invaders". It's no longer the 20th, now it's the following week, 27th. Looks like it'll be sellin' for $29.99 (at BB).
Old 01-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Circuit City - January 27th, 2009

*sigh*

I suppose all this info is now purely trivial. Which sucks. I realized most hate shopping here, but I found excellent deals on DVDs. A good chunk of the collection has came from Circuit City. They had good five dollar and eight dollar sales. Stuff I didn't have. I was here for the last and now final Black Friday. I hope this doesn't mean that Best Buy will have less sales.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

-NONE-

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$4.99 DVDs

Shaft (2000 version)
Rules Of Engagement
The Long Kiss Goodnight
The Invincible Iron Man
Doctor Strange
Next Avengers

There you have it. I think the last real store exclusive was that internet based thingie (which I still need) for "Eagle Eye".

To quote Tron: "End Of Line".
Old 01-17-2009, 03:28 AM
Target - January 27th, 2009

Open Season 2
Exclusive bonus disc.

$10.00 DVDs

High School Musical: Encore Edition
Enchanted
No Country For Old Men

$13.00 DVDs - fitness titles usually found in the Sporting Goods department

The Firm: Ultimate Fat Burning Workout
Gaiam Yoga For Beginners
Gaiam Yoga Conditioning

Nothing here for me. And no price for season 2 of "The Invaders". *shrugs*
Old 01-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Wal-Mart - January 20th, 2009

Igor
Exclsuive flip book.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Best Buy - January 27th, 2009

Open Season 2
Free backpack - 2 per store.

Hulk vs... : 2 Disc Special Edition
Free Pack of Trading Cards - 4 per store.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 DVDs

Hellboy II: The Golden Army
The Strangers: Unrated
Forgetting Sarah Marshall: Unrated
Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay: Unrated

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Blossom: Season 1&2 $34.99
Cheers: The Final Season $29.99
Invaders: Second Season $29.99

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$19.99 CD

"Buddy Holly: Memorial Collection" store exclusive release.

There it is. I'll be picking up "The Invaders" here. It's odd. I'm listening to a trace CD and something popped in my head. The mini-series, "The Lost Room". I need to rewatch that. If you haven't picked it up, you really should. It's too bad it never went to series. Damn good.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Target - February 3rd, 2009

Wow! Wow! Wubbzy: A Little Help From My Friends
Exclusive CD.

The Black List
Store exclusive release.

Space Buddies
Exclusive CD.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

4.75 DVDs

Juice
Love Story (1970 version)
Saw
The Legend Of Bagger Vance

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$10.00 DVDs

Surf’s Up
The Game Plan
Monty Python & The Holy Grail: Extraordinarily Deluxe 3 Disc Edition
Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Jon & Kate Plus Eight: Season 3 $22.99

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$13.98 CDs

"The Fray - The Fray" with exclusive DVD.

Nothing here for me. God... "Space Buddies". No. Not for me. *shakes head*
Old 01-28-2009, 02:22 AM
Wal-Mart - January 27th, 2009

Open Season 2
Exclusive plush toy (two versions; Fifi or Mr. Weenie)
Old 01-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Best Buy - February 3rd, 2009

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
Exclusive tee shirt - 4 per store.

Space Buddies
Free plush Spudnick dog - 25 per store (or free with "Oliver And Company 20th Anniversary Edition")

$4.99 DVDs

Pride & Prejudice (2006 version)
Paris, Je T'Aime
Save The Last Dance: Special Collector's Edition
Rocky Balboa
Priceless
The Break-Up
Love Actually
Tin Cup

$9.99 DVDs (two disc SEs)

300: 2 Disc Special Edition
Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid: 2 Disc Collector's Edition
Dirty Harry: 2 Disc Special Edition
The Shawshank Redemption: 2 Disc Special Edition
Spider-man 3: 2 Disc Special Edition
Fantastic 4: Extended Edition
The Shining: 2 Disc Special Edition
Taxi Driver: 2 Disc Collector's Edition
Ghost Rider: 2 Disc Extended Cut
The Boondock Saints: Unrated 2 Disc Special Edition
GoodFellas: 2 Disc Special Edition
Blade Runner: 2 Disc Special Edition

$11.99 CD

"Boney James - Send One Your Love" with exclusive DVD and track.

(information from DVD Talk Forum - speedy1961; final post)

The only thing that I'm kinda curious is that SE for "The Shining". Well and of course "Zack & Miri Make A Porno" the two disc edition will be sold here for $16.99. I'll be buying it.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Wal-Mart - February 3rd, 2009

Space Buddies
Free Disney animal book compendium.

Friday The 13th: Uncut
Exclusive lenticular slipcover?

Friday The 13th Part 2

Friday The 13th Part 3 (3-D)

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-06-2009 at 02:37 AM..
Old 02-04-2009, 05:07 AM
DVD Crawl. Vol. 28, #1 - February 3rd, 2009

"Thank you for coming to me with this. I'll of course pay whatever it is you're asking, whatever price you think is fair. And I shall accept your word that it's genuine. But if at some point I should find out that it's fake, that you tried to con me in any way, or that I hear you've made copies and someone else has one... then I'll have to come back here and hurt you." - Karl Kreutzfeld

Two stores - five titles.

The day belongs to Jason. Picked up "Friday The 13th" one through three from Wal-Mart. I am fuzzy. I was earlier at Best Buy and saw the first movie DVD's. I can't recall if its slipcover was lenticular. I could very well be exclusive to Wal-Mart, just as it was with those Indy films.

Also bought from Wal-Mart was "His Name Was Jason" documentary. Those Voorhees titles are selling quick. I went back later to pick up Part 3 and found one copy. The rest (as in all the DVDs) were gone. Wow.

On Saturday I received a voucher from Best Buy; RewardZone. Five bucks; used that buy "Zack And Miri Make A Porno". I'll watch this weekend. As it stands I'm half way through "Fall Of The Roman Empire". I'm liking it.

I suppose the only comment I left was a conversation I had with my friends; the definition of a MILF. This sprang from a DVD crawl I had last week. I saw this gorgeous blonde in a green t-shirt and jeans (tight fitting clothes) with one of those double decker baby carriages - two tikes. She must've been twenty-five or so. They're under the impression that for the woman to bare that monicker she has to be in her late 30s or older. I disagree. The acronym speaks for itself.

Should be interesting. I haven't seen these Jason features in almost twenty years. Yeah. The last time I saw them was on VHS.

I should mention this. There appears to be an exclusive at Blockbuster for "Zack And Miri" - the bonus: "Seth Vs. Justin: Battle For Improvisational Supremacy Part II". Why is this not listed? It seems only available on their rental copies. Not for sale... at least not yet. Perhaps I can find this on YouTube soon.

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-04-2009 at 08:37 PM..
Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Target - February 10th, 2009

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa - 2-Disc Deluxe Edition
Exclusive CD.

- - - - - - - - - - -

$9.98 CD

"India.Arie - Testimony, Vol. 2 " with exclusive DVD.

(information from DVD Talk Forum - Brodie Corleone)

Reading the trades and posts, these next couple of months will be kinda bland; at least for me. Granted there are some titles on my "must" list. Things will pick up in the Spring.

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-08-2009 at 12:44 AM..
Old 02-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Best Buy - February 10th, 2009

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa/The Penguins DVD Double Pack
Free plush penguin.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$4.99 DVDs

Say Anything - Special Edition
Failure to Launch
Pretty In Pink - Everything's Duckie Edition
Hitch
The Lake House
Notting Hill
Tristan And Isolde
Rumor Has It
What Women Want
The Princess Bride - 20th Anniversary Edition
When Harry Met Sally
You've Got Mail - Deluxe Edition

- - - - - - - - - - - -

7.50 DVDs

Madagascar
Daddy Day Camp
Ice Age - Super-Cool Edition
Ice Age: The Meltdown
Flushed Away
Over The Hedge
Shrek The Third
Night At The Museum
The Dark Crystal - 25th Anniversary Edition
The Water Horse - Legend Of The Deep
Barney - First Favorites
Thomas And Friends - Great Discovery

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Friday the 13th: Season 2 $34.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 $29.99
Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!: Season 2 $14.99
Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!: Season 1 $9.99
Sex And The City - Seasons 1 - 6 $14.99 (each)
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 1 $19.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 3 $19.99
Heroes: Season 2 $19.99
30 Rock: Season 2 $19.99
Gossip Girl: Season 1 $24.99
Smallville: Seasons 1 - 7 $24.99 (each)
House: Season 4 $26.99
The Office: Season 4 $26.99
John Adams $39.99
Planet Earth $49.99
Band of Brothers $49.99

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$14.99 CD

"The Beatles - All Together Now" with exclusive DVD.

Nothing here for me this week. Though that's a good deal on "Pretty In Pink" and "The Dark Crystal" (if it's the two disc set). Indeed. For no reason; my favorite member of "The Donnas" is Torry Castellano, the drummer. She's all kinds of huggable. And yes, most of their songs sound alike - think of it as continuous continuity.

Update - 02/08/09
Indeed. It is the two disc SE version of "The Dark Crystal".

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-09-2009 at 06:13 AM..
Old 02-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Wal-Mart - February 10th, 2009

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Exclusive Pez dispenser collection.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Best Buy - February 17th, 2009

-NONE-

$3.99 DVDs

The Last Unicorn
Speed Racer: The Next Generation
Tyler Perry's Madea Goes To Jail
American Psycho
Crash
Crank
Kids
Saw IV

$6.99 DVDs

Green Street Hooligans
A History Of Violence
Harsh Times
Fracture
Point Break
The Assassination Jesse James
Blow
Blood Diamond
Beowulf: Director's Cut
The Godfather
The Graduate
West Side Story
Titanic
Dances With Wolves
Ben Hur
Shakespeare In Love
Lawrence of Arabia
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

$9.99 DVDs

Wall Street
The English Patient
Pulp Fiction
Braveheart
Gandhi
Casablanca
The Sound of Music
Chariots of Fire

Dead Like Me: The Complete Series $49.99

(information from CAG - Cheapa$$)

I only have two titles of interest this week "Feast III: The Happy Finish" ($14.98) and maybe, maybe "Quarantine" ($19.99). I'm hoping to find them cheaper at Wal-Mart. By the way, four bucks for "Crank" is an excellent deal. A great blind buy if you haven't picked it up already.

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-11-2009 at 03:32 AM..
Old 02-11-2009, 03:29 AM
DVD Crawl. Vol. 28, #2 - February 10th, 2009

"I've had, like, ten times as much sex as the rest of these girls, and I still look like this. I mean, they spend, like, an hour in the back seat of some car and all of a sudden they're in Technicolor?" - Jennifer

Four stores (kinda) - two titles.

I had some problem finding "My Name Is Bruce" at Best Buy. The fellow in Media did a search and saw that it was on back order, but decided to check the stock room. Some time later came back with four copies. Odd. They moved the new release table from the DVD area. Which kinda defeats the purpose. Wouldn't you want that where shoppers pick up the new stuff and browse the isles; make impulse buys?

Next I visited Target. Recon. I heard they might be selling the two disc SE for "Breakfast At Tiffany's" for eight bucks. Some are finding it. My store has the single disc - pervious edition. *shrug*

I went to both my local Wal-Marts to find the two disc SE for "Back To The Future". I'm gland I didn't find it at store one; they were selling it for fifteen bucks. The second store had it thirteen. Shiny.

Going back to "My Name I Bruce" the release comes with a mini comic book. Which pretty much spoils the movie. It doen't bother me. I usually know how a film ends from much internet reading. I'm such a fanboy. Anyhow I bring this up became of what is said in the end. As to be expected our hero wins. And tells the kid who caused all this mayhem, NOT to call him if more supernatural shenanigans happens. 'Call that Buffy chick'.

That's an awesome idea for a sequel. I can so see that. It's not like Sarah Michelle Gellar is doing anything. Have her play herself (kinda) and Alyson Hannigan getting suckered into saving a town from vampries. It could have a "Galaxy Quest" feel to it. C'mon, you know that would be fun. I would buy that. *nods*

The film could have an egg near the final credit scroll. Gellar and Hannigan on Bruce's porch. He opens and gets punched by Gellar.

Yeah I should. Only the first BTTF re-release has new extras. II and III have the same bonuses as in the previous box set.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Target - February 17th, 2009

-NONE-

- - - - - - - - - - -

$7.50 DVDs

Saturday Night Fever/Staying Alive - Double Feature
Tommy Boy/Black Sheep - Double Feature
Footloose/Flashdance - Double Feature
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie (full screen?)

- - - - - - - - - - -

$10 DVDs

The Godfather - The Coppola Restoration
Cloverfield
We Own The Night
Hercules - Gold Collection

- - - - - - - - - - -

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer: season 1 & 2 Double Pack $19.99
M*A*S*H*: season 1 & 2 Double Pack $19.99
Lost: seasons 1 - 4 $29.99 (each)
Ugly Betty: season 2 $29.99
Private Practice: season 1 $19.99
Samantha Who?: season 1 $14.99

Nothing here of my liking. Same price as Best Buy for "Quarantine". Meh. I'll pass this week.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIan View Post
-NONE-

- - - - - - - - - - -

$7.50 DVDs

Saturday Night Fever/Staying Alive - Double Feature
Tommy Boy/Black Sheep - Double Feature
Footloose/Flashdance - Double Feature
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie (full screen?)

- - - - - - - - - - -

$10 DVDs

The Godfather - The Coppola Restoration
Cloverfield
We Own The Night
Hercules - Gold Collection

- - - - - - - - - - -

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer: season 1 & 2 Double Pack $19.99
M*A*S*H*: season 1 & 2 Double Pack $19.99
Lost: seasons 1 - 4 $29.99 (each)
Ugly Betty: season 2 $29.99
Private Practice: season 1 $19.99
Samantha Who?: season 1 $14.99

Nothing here of my liking. Same price as Best Buy for "Quarantine". Meh. I'll pass this week.
Hey John know of any exclusives for Quarantine?
Old 02-14-2009, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Hey John know of any exclusives for Quarantine?
Not that I know of, Addiction.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Wal-Mart - February 17th, 2009

Quarantine
Exclusive bonus disc - single featurette "A Light In The Darkness".

Feast III
Exclusive R rated version.

I was aware of only one version of "Feast III", this info turned out to be inaccurate. Buy it from Best Buy unrated; same price $14.99.

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-18-2009 at 08:12 PM..
Old 02-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Target - February 24th, 2009

-NONE-

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$6.50 DVDs

Ferris Bueller's Day Off: Bueller... Bueller Edition
Pretty in Pink: Everything's Duckie Edition
Breakfast At Tiffany's: Anniversary Edition
Charlotte's Web
Underworld

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$10.00 DVDs

Enchanted
Kung Fu Panda
Wall*E
Horton Hears A Who
The Dark Knight
Sex and the City: The Movie
Mamma Mia!: The Movie
Juno

Squat here for me. *phuff* I remember that "Family Guy" bit, "Horton Hears Domestic Violence Next Door And Does Nothing".
Old 02-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Best Buy - February 24th, 2009

Sex Drive: Unrated - Two Disc Edition
Exclusive bonus disc and coupon for five dollars off for "Pineapple Express", "Nick & Nora's Infinate Playlist" or "Zack And Miri Make A Porno".

$6.99 DVDs

Bucket List
Semi-Pro
P.S. I Love You
The Golden Compass
Fool's Gold
Jesse James (The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford)
The Godfather
Ocean's Thirteen

$9.99 DVDs

Back To The Future (recent re-release - could have exclusive film cell)
Back To The Future Part II (recent re-release - could have exclusive film cell)
Back To The Future Part III (recent re-release - could have exclusive film cell)
Sex In The City: The Movie
Get Smart
Fred Clause

$13.99 DVD

Madagascar 2

$14.99 DVDs

Pineapple Express: Unrated Edition
Zack And Miri Make a Porno: 2 Disc Edition
Tropic Thunder
Step Brothers: Unrated (single disc version)
House Bunny
Horton Hears A Who
Wanted (single disc version)
Hancock (single disc version)
Mamma Mia!: The Movie
Death Race
The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor (single disc version)
Burn After Reading
Righteous Kill
Max Payne (two disc version shown, could be the single on sale)
Babylon A.D. (single disc version)
Traitor
The Dark Knight (single disc version)

$19.99 DVDs

Body Of Lies
Changeling
The Dark Knight: Two Disc Special Edition

$19.99 DVDs

The Tudors: Second Season
Gang Land: Seasons 1 & 2 (each)
The L Word: Seasons 3 & 4 (each
Martin: Seasons 1 - 4 (each)
WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1
Without A Trace: Seasons 1 & 2 (each)
M*A*S*H: Seasons 1 - 11 (each)
Drawn Together: Seasons 1 - 3 (each)

$7.99 CD

"K'noon - Troubodur" with exclusive bonus DVD.

$7.99 CDs

Glavegas - Glavegas
Erin McCarley - Love, Save The Empty
Crooked X - Crooked X
The Veronicas - Hook Me Up
Living Things - Habeas Corpus
Missy Higgins - On A Clear Night
Zac Brown Band - The Foundation
N.A.S.A - Spirit Of Apollo
MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
P.O.S. - Never Better
Jack Owen - Easy Does It
Joe Budden - Padded Room
A Day To Remember - Homesick

$9.99 CDs

Annie Lennox - The Annie Lennox Collection
Ludacris - Theater Of The Mind
Keyshia Cole - A Different Me
Lady Gaga - The Fame
Slumdog Millionaire - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

$24.99 CD

"Lamb Of God - Wrath" exclusive store release - box set with USB drive with songs.

(information from DVD Talk Forum - Musick)

Ding ding! I'll be picking up "Sex Drive" here. Don't know, was "Pineapple Express" any good?

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-21-2009 at 02:20 AM..
Old 02-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Just a heads up about Max Payne (at BB), it probably will end up being the single disc edition. A couple of weeks ago they had the 2-disc pictured, but the SKN was for the single disc. I tried to argue the cover was different, but they said that wasn't what was important. No joke. Eh, I'm probably better off without it. Oh, and Pineapple Express was really funny. James Franco has great comedic chops.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
A dvdempire online exclusive limited to 1,000 Autographed Bruce Campbell Poster (Pre-order and whats left???)

Exclusive

I think this is the first official autographed exclusive released for Bruce Campbell related movie releases.

Screen Captured Advertisements on its Pre-Order date:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3768/bruce01jw1.jpg

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/322/bruce00ch0.jpg

Before Feb 10 release its now discontinued. There were reports the exclusive was strictly limited to 1000 only hand signed
Old 02-21-2009, 02:24 AM
Updated Movie2cats.

Never had the problem.

Last year I picked up the two disc SE for "Lawrence Of Arabia" when the sale was for the single disc edition.

I guess it's a YLMV; Your Luck May Vary.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:00 AM
Wal-Mart - February 24th, 2009

Dragon Hunters
Exclusive comic book.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:08 AM
DVD Crawl. Vol. 28, #3 - February 24th, 2009

"Listen to me. A storm o'hell's coming down on this place any second. I don't know what they are, I don't know where they came from. All I do know is that these fuckers are fast, nasty, and hungry... and there's four of 'em. They got claws like Ginsu knives and more teeth than a chainsaw. They're comin'... right now. So we gotta lock this bar down. That means doors, windows, drains, and zippers, and we gotta do it now. You! Get a phone, call the cops, National Guard, townies, anybody who kicks ass, and get 'em out here. Any questions?" - Hero

Three stores - four titles.

I bought my target from Best Buy, "Sex Drive: Unrated... 3 - Disc Best Buy Exclusive". Once again the new release table wasn't near the movie media area. The three discs are mint, which is good considering that disc one is double sided. Disc three is in an envelope. Which can and will chafe disc 1. I've taken it out and storing it elsewhere, that is until I can get a proper home. What I need is another one of those three title sets from the five dollar bin at Wal-Mart. Same case as the one used for the 3 discer for Rob Zombie's "Halloween". I am curious to see the topless abstinence Xtreme dancers (that a grouping of word I wouldn't expect to be stringed).

Made what could very well be my last voyage to Circuit City. There were only two isles of media; DVD, BluRay and CDs. Lots of crap. The store is so quiet and maybe a handful of prospective customers. I did happen to hear a couple bickering about procrastination. Picked up season one of "October Road" for thirteen bucks. It's a decent show and it stars Lindy Booth. I'm rather fond of her. Bought "Category 7: The End Of The World" last year because she was in it. A craptacular sequel to a mini-series that should've never been made. But damn she's so huggable. And it ("October Road") also stars Odette Yustman (just realized that), the rescue girl from "Coverfield". At the checkout I was asked if I wanted a Circuit City jersey - clothes off their backs. So I have this jersey... Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, but it's a nice souvenir to a store that went ghost.

The last locale was Wal-Mart. The usual assortment of folks. Eye candy and Wal-Mart rarely mix. There I picked up the last copy of "Christopher Titus: Love Is Evol" and the repackaging of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", now with the banner 'I Love The 80's'; comes with a CD sampler. I already own this. But the recent special edition had an extra that didn't carry over - commentary by director John Hughes. The power of being anal. My Ferris set is complete. No, that's not true. Now I need to pick up season one of "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" on June 30th.

Oh yeah. Had to use some wood glue to fix up the splitting "October Road" slipcover. It's a good investment for collectors. *nods* Indeed. This will make sense when you understand. I suppose I would do that I had enough money to burn; entertaining and informative in a bouncy way.

There are three more days left for that exclusive Circuit City online content for "Eagle Eye" (not hosted by CC). Did anybody buy it from them? I would like a copy.

Best Buy exclusive bonus disc

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-25-2009 at 05:20 AM..