#1001  
Old 01-02-2009, 06:18 PM
yes quantum of solace came in a limited collector's edition steelbook for both PS3 and XBOX 360
Reply With Quote
  #1002  
Old 01-02-2009, 07:50 PM
I heard it wasn't as good as older Bond games like Goldeneye and such. But then again, what is?
Reply With Quote
  #1003  
Old 01-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Steelbook exclusive to Futureshop coming out Tuesday:

Reply With Quote
  #1004  
Old 01-03-2009, 07:56 AM
good find and i heard that the new bond was a disgrace to 007
Reply With Quote
  #1005  
Old 01-03-2009, 08:02 AM



Got that right there for six bucks.
Reply With Quote
  #1006  
Old 01-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Nice Steal Rawlin!
Reply With Quote
  #1007  
Old 01-03-2009, 05:31 PM
yeah, there was an FYE that was going out of business at King of Prussia mall, and they were having this huge clearance sale where everything had to go. Along with like 20 other DVDs, this was one i picked up. It was already 11.99 used, but since everything was 50% off, it went down to $5.99

i sure do love when a store goes under.
Reply With Quote
  #1008  
Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGod91 View Post
yes quantum of solace came in a limited collector's edition steelbook for both PS3 and XBOX 360
I would be totally surprised if either FYE, Best Buy or Futureshop Canada did not release a Movie Steelbook of Quantum Of Solace when it gets a DVD and Blu-Ray release.
Reply With Quote
  #1009  
Old 01-03-2009, 06:19 PM
haha i know, probably every store will have a steelbook version.

i'm just disappointed that max payne didn't get a steelbook, i mean come on x-files gets a steelbook but not max payne!?
Reply With Quote
  #1010  
Old 01-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Greatest Ever: Urban Collection Steelbook

Hello all,
I am new to this site and I am looking to start up a collection of steelbooks. I just wanted to ask if this is a real steelbook.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=841164


Thank you in advance for the help!
Reply With Quote
  #1011  
Old 01-03-2009, 09:06 PM
This Needs to be in the Steelbook Thread, but yes. It is
Reply With Quote
  #1012  
Old 01-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Merged RH123's thread with this one
Reply With Quote
  #1013  
Old 01-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlin67 View Post
yeah, there was an FYE that was going out of business at King of Prussia mall, and they were having this huge clearance sale where everything had to go. Along with like 20 other DVDs, this was one i picked up. It was already 11.99 used, but since everything was 50% off, it went down to $5.99

i sure do love when a store goes under.
The King of Prussia F.Y.E is going out of business? That's where I went to get my Steelbooks! Now I'm going to have to go to Chestnut avenue, or Walnut or whatever...
Reply With Quote
  #1014  
Old 01-05-2009, 12:46 AM
My 2008 Steelbook Acquisition:



And my new Wanted DVD R3 [PAL] steelbook:

Reply With Quote
  #1015  
Old 01-05-2009, 01:43 AM
nice steels there xage! great job collecting them. thanks for sharing. glad to see Hancock was saved from your toilet bowl.
Reply With Quote
  #1016  
Old 01-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Xage, what's that one to the left of Iron Man?
Reply With Quote
  #1017  
Old 01-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanksIsDaFuture View Post
Xage, what's that one to the left of Iron Man?
since I know what it is I guess I'll take this ? for xage,

that one is:
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage, Vol. 1 - Limited Edition (Steelbook)
Reply With Quote
  #1018  
Old 01-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey guys, I just won an X-Men 3 steelbook on ebay for $220. Is that a relatively good price, or am I getting shafted.
Reply With Quote
  #1019  
Old 01-06-2009, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman791 View Post
Hey guys, I just won an X-Men 3 steelbook on ebay for $220. Is that a relatively good price, or am I getting shafted.
that's about average...I've seen it go for around 150-175 in the past year, as well as going as high as 300 bucks. lot of jack for a steel case, but if you're comfortable with the amount, that's all that matters, right?
Reply With Quote
  #1020  
Old 01-06-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't think anyone should feel comfortable with that amount, but I have convinced myself I need this steelbook, so that's something...
Reply With Quote
  #1021  
Old 01-07-2009, 07:24 AM
That is an awesome collection you have xage.
Reply With Quote
  #1022  
Old 01-07-2009, 12:39 PM
here are my first 2 bluray steelbooks:



steelbooks i need/hope to buy soon: wanted, indiana jones trilogy, 300, real ghostbusters, and the terminator sarah connor chronicles. i need them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	real 1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	7623   Click image for larger version

Name:	real 2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	7624   Click image for larger version

Name:	real 3.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	7625   Click image for larger version

Name:	real4.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	7626  

Last edited by msiaregodz; 01-07-2009 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1023  
Old 01-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman791 View Post
The King of Prussia F.Y.E is going out of business? That's where I went to get my Steelbooks! Now I'm going to have to go to Chestnut avenue, or Walnut or whatever...
yeah i was pretty surprised, ive been going there for awhile now to get my DVDs. They only had a few weeks left when i get there, and that was a few days after Christmas.
Reply With Quote
  #1024  
Old 01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
X3

Holy 220 for X-Men 3?? I have an extra if any one wants to trade im looking for a Underworld Evolution or a Sweeny todd one..
Reply With Quote
  #1025  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duce Wayne View Post
Holy 220 for X-Men 3?? I have an extra if any one wants to trade im looking for a Underworld Evolution or a Sweeny todd one..

What kind of shape is it in? Sealed or open? Can you post pics of it? I might be able to find a Sweeny Todd...

Last edited by bdubprod; 01-08-2009 at 10:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1026  
Old 01-08-2009, 10:24 PM
i have JUST THE CASE of I Am Legend, the Will Smith 2 disc Steelbook.. it is obviously opened and has no discs inside.. it is just the case.. but if someone wants to trade another case or something for it... id be willing to do that!

I truly don't expect anyone to take me up on this, but i figure i'd see if anyone here wanted to trade something small for it, before i just give it to a buddy.
Reply With Quote
  #1027  
Old 01-09-2009, 08:39 AM
These are the first steelbooks I bought, I got them from HMV



Reply With Quote
  #1028  
Old 01-10-2009, 10:22 AM
that 3 piecer looks sweet
Reply With Quote
  #1029  
Old 01-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
i have JUST THE CASE of I Am Legend, the Will Smith 2 disc Steelbook.. it is obviously opened and has no discs inside.. it is just the case.. but if someone wants to trade another case or something for it... id be willing to do that!

I truly don't expect anyone to take me up on this, but i figure i'd see if anyone here wanted to trade something small for it, before i just give it to a buddy.
Hey, actually I have the movie itself and had my own case compromised. I'll send you a PM. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #1030  
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Anybody else keep seeing these steelbook 5-movie sets in Empire? Are those official steelbooks?
Reply With Quote
  #1031  
Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanksIsDaFuture View Post
Anybody else keep seeing these steelbook 5-movie sets in Empire? Are those official steelbooks?
I hadn't seen em....any way you can scan one?
Reply With Quote
  #1032  
Old 01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanksIsDaFuture View Post
Anybody else keep seeing these steelbook 5-movie sets in Empire? Are those official steelbooks?
If these are what I'm thinking they are, I believe so. There were some sets released in R2...


my latest SteelBooks™ arrived today via trade

Reply With Quote
  #1033  
Old 01-14-2009, 07:36 PM
are there any new steelbooks coming out, released via futureshop, best buy, or FYE aside from the following first look picture steelbooks:

1. guide to recognizing your saints - 2/3
2. dead girl - 3/3
3. hard cash - 3/3
4. dog soldiers - 4/7
5. eye see you - 4/7
Reply With Quote
  #1034  
Old 01-14-2009, 09:16 PM
There have been no major announcements lately. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
Reply With Quote
  #1035  
Old 01-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Anyone have an Underworld evolution steelbook they want to part with?
Reply With Quote
  #1036  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Amazon Exlusive Blu-Ray Steelbooks:

March 24, 2009

Goldfinger
Moonraker
The World Is Not Enough
Reply With Quote
  #1037  
Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGod91 View Post
Amazon Exlusive Blu-Ray Steelbooks:

March 24, 2009

Goldfinger
Moonraker
The World Is Not Enough
good find

Last edited by bdubprod; 01-16-2009 at 10:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1038  
Old 01-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duce Wayne View Post
Anyone have an Underworld evolution steelbook they want to part with?
have you signed up at steelbookhunterz yet? someone over there might have a copy
Reply With Quote
  #1039  
Old 01-16-2009, 06:53 PM
The only steelbook i have is: Wanted - 2 Disc.
It's pretty good!
Reply With Quote
  #1040  
Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 PM
since there arent a whole lot of big steelbook releases coming up, i thought i would try and stir up some discussion. first off, i know we all love steelbooks, but who here buys them no matter what they are for and who refuses to buy some based on the film itself. personally, i will never buy the grudge 2, steelbook or not, terrible movie. doesnt deserve to be steelbooked. however, some i would buy just because of how rare they are, such as sex and the city (and i have seen alot of collections containing them) or some of the disney ones. so, how many people discriminate and how many buy steelbooks just to have the most steelbooks?

and secondly, what movies coming up do you think deserve and or will get the steelbook treatment? a few of mine are: the spirit, while not a great movie, its a comic book movie and was shot amazingly, so i think it would be a cool steel. and secondly, twilight, even though i was not a fan, i see someone steelbooking this, whether its future shop, fye, whatever.
anyone else have some predictions or wishes?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump