Old 01-24-2009, 03:21 AM
Jeeja Yanin

So I finally saw Chocolate, the latest martial arts epic from the creative team behind Ong Bak, last night, and I was blown away by its star, 24-year-old Yanin Vismitananda or Jeeja Yanin.

She appears tiny, cute, even delicate, but Chocolate shows that Yanin is an astounding martial artist; blisteringly fast, versatile, agile, and amazingly powerful for her (lack of) size. She also has the potential to be a star, she's certainly got the looks; a girl next door wrapping for the kick ass package and she's clearly got the moves, but Chocolate also, more surprisingly, shows her to have some acting chops. Her character is autistic and Yanin makes that feel realistic, which is tough to do in itself, let alone in combination with the fights and stunts she has to do.

I can't wait to see Yanin's next movie.

Clip from Chocolate
Old 01-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Holy crap.

She's b-e-a-utiful

I haven't seen the movie yet. :-\
Old 01-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Am I the only one that thinks she looks like a boy?
Old 01-30-2009, 12:51 PM
I've been looking forward to Chocolate forever. I love watching the extended trailers of these movies, just to see the horrendous physical pain these people are willing to go through to get the scene right. And from those trailers, Yanin seems like a highly capable martial artist with at least some charisma to go along with that. Not bad-looking either.

As for her next film, check this out:
http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/choc...creen-in-2009/