Old 03-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Colbert has Twatted...

Link-A-Rooni

Quote:
While NBC and MSNBC have been busy trying to get all their anchors to twitter, comedian Stephen Colbert has been busy misusing the newest social media craze.

Our friends at Valleywag alerted us to the strange exchange between the self absorbed Comedy Central host and Meredith Viera of the Today Show. Colbert was on to plug his new animated movie "Monsters Vs. Aliens," where he plays the president of the United States (you may remember that Colbert ran for president in 2008 for about 24 hours).

The interview was going swimmingly with the host getting Colbert's comments - both serious and amusing - on everything from Bernie Madoff to the ongoing scandals at AIG. Everything was going great until the end of the interview when Viera tried to involve Colbert with a tease for her next story. Viera walked right into the comedian's trap, who refused to leave the set, by asking if Colbert used the San Francisco-based Twitter.

"Oh do you tweet?" Viera innocently asked Colbert. To which he responded with a coy, "I have twatted."

The set burst out into laughter while a shocked Viera was left stumbling for words.

"Oh my gosh, um well actually so have I," she said for some strange reason. And as the cameras rolled to a commercial you could hear a disgusted (or maybe she was upset) Viera mumble,"Oh my God."

We have the interview below for your amusement via our sister Hulu but notice how they cut out the last 28 seconds where Colbert dropped his twat bomb. But have no fear we have the edited 28 seconds for you too via our friends at NewsWreckers.
No words...Just a and a LOL. (I bolded my favorite part of the article.)
Old 03-22-2009, 01:56 PM
lol. plural is so much better.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Nice. Did not see that when it happened. Colbert is a twat so him saying he has twatted is no surprise to me. Still funny though.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:02 PM
The event in question:

http://newswrecker.com/anchor-bloope...rt-hastwatted/
Old 03-22-2009, 04:38 PM
I think Colbert is hilarious . . . and stuff like this is something he excels at - catching people off guard.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:45 PM
His interview on the O'Reilly Factor is one of the most brilliant comic performances I've ever witnessed.

It was made even better by the fact that O'Reilly had no idea that he was doing it.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownCamaro View Post
Nice. Did not see that when it happened. Colbert is a twat so him saying he has twatted is no surprise to me. Still funny though.
That joke was made in post 3, nice. I was expecting a much later post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdtdcut5145 View Post
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I think Colbert is hilarious . . . and stuff like this is something he excels at - catching people off guard.
I Am America (And So Can You!) is full of stuff like that. I learned not to read it or listen to the audio version in public as I will burst into loud, obnoxious laughter.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
That joke was made in post 3, nice. I was expecting a much later post.

So did I let you down or exceed your expectations? Either way I am sorry and thank you!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFactoryRadio View Post
His interview on the O'Reilly Factor is one of the most brilliant comic performances I've ever witnessed.

It was made even better by the fact that O'Reilly had no idea that he was doing it.

O'Reilly might be an asshole, but he's not that stupid. I saw that interview and he knows what Colbert is doing and looks completely annoyed that he won't break character and answer questions seriously. Of course, what did he expect.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:54 AM
video

http://gawker.com/5175472/stephen-co...he-has-twatted

I replayed this dozen of times. So awesome.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownCamaro View Post
So did I let you down or exceed your expectations? Either way I am sorry and thank you!
You exceeded my expectations, of course!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I know where they came up with the name , it seems like only twits use it .