Old 07-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type

For those unfamiliar, the Myers-Briggs Typer Indicator is an "assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. These preferences were extrapolated from the typological theories originated by Carl Gustav Jung." Read more here if interested.

I thought it'd be interesting to see what some of my fellow schmoes' "types" are. I'm an ESFP. If you haven't taken the test before, there are plenty of places online to do it.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:49 AM
ESFP here. What up?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:37 AM
ENTJ.

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshal and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types.

I am not a cult leader incase you wondered.

Last edited by Heisenberg; 07-01-2009 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: Cause I F**ked up my original. twice.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:50 AM

Myers-Briggs description

According to Myers-Briggs, ISFPs are peaceful, easygoing people who adopt a "live and let live" approach to life. They enjoy taking things at their own pace and tend to live in the moment. Although quiet, they are pleasant, considerate, and caring, devoted to the people in their lives. Though not inclined to debate or necessarily even air their views, their values are important to them.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:42 AM
um.....where did you lot take the test?
Old 07-01-2009, 05:50 AM
I'm ISFJ.

According to Myers-Briggs, ISFJs are interested in maintaining order and harmony in every aspect of their lives. They are steadfast and meticulous in handling their responsibilities. Although quiet, they are people-oriented and very observant. Not only do they remember details about others, but they observe and respect others’ feelings. Friends and family are likely to describe them as thoughtful and trustworthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISFJ#My...gs_description
Old 07-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
um.....where did you lot take the test?

Here's one place you can take it... http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
Old 07-01-2009, 09:15 AM
I am an ISTJ.

" The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable. Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities. Because of this they are often misjudged as being hard-hearted, or as having ice in their veins, for people fail to see their good intentions and their vulnerability to criticism. Also, because Inspectors usually make their inspections without much flourish or fanfare, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not as talkative as Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs], Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young. Like all Guardians, Inspectors hold dear their family social ceremonies-weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries - although they tend to be shy if the occasion becomes too large or too public. Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy. Their words tend to be plain and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious. As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time"

Explains a lot. Like, why I am a High School Librarian (guardian and keeper of the books) and referred to by my students as "Book Nazi" because of how much I enforce my rules. Interesting.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
I am an ISTJ.

" The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable. Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities. Because of this they are often misjudged as being hard-hearted, or as having ice in their veins, for people fail to see their good intentions and their vulnerability to criticism. Also, because Inspectors usually make their inspections without much flourish or fanfare, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not as talkative as Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs], Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young. Like all Guardians, Inspectors hold dear their family social ceremonies-weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries - although they tend to be shy if the occasion becomes too large or too public. Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy. Their words tend to be plain and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious. As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time"

I got the same thing.

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

100 12 75 22
Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Portrait of an ESFP - Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
(Extraverted Sensing with Introverted Feeling)

The Performer

As an ESFP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit with your personal value system.

ESFPs live in the world of people possibilties. They love people and new experiences. They are lively and fun, and enjoy being the center of attention. They live in the here-and-now, and relish excitement and drama in their lives.

ESFPs have very strong inter-personal skills, and may find themselves in the role of the peacemaker frequently. Since they make decisions by using their personal values, they are usually very sympathetic and concerned for other people's well-being. They're usually quite generous and warm. They are very observant about other people, and seem to sense what is wrong with someone before others might, responding warmly with a solution to a practical need. They might not be the best advice-givers in the world, because they dislike theory and future-planning, but they are great for giving practical care.

ESFP is definitely a spontaneous, optimistic individual. They love to have fun. If the ESFP has not developed their Thinking side by giving consideration to rational thought processing, they tend to become over-indulgent, and place more importance on immediate sensation and gratification than on their duties and obligations. They may also avoid looking at long-term consequences of their actions.

For the ESFP, the entire world is a stage. They love to be the center of attention and perform for people. They're constantly putting on a show for others to entertain them and make them happy. They enjoy stimulating other people's senses, and are extremely good at it. They would love nothing more than for life to be a continual party, in which they play the role of the fun-loving host.

ESFPs love people, and everybody loves an ESFP. One of their greatest gifts is their general acceptance of everyone. They are upbeat and enthusiastic, and genuinely like almost everybody. An ESFP is unfailingly warm and generous with their friends, and they generally treat everyone as a friend. However, once crosesed, an ESFP is likely to make a very strong and stubborn judgment against the person who crossed them. They are capable of deep dislike in such a situation.

The ESFP under a great deal of stress gets overwhelmed with negatives thoughts and possibilities. As an optimistic individual who lives in the world of possibilities, negative possibilities do not sit well with them. In an effort to combat these thoughts, they're likely to come up with simple, global statements to explain away the problem. These simplistic explanations may or may not truly get to the nature of the issue, but they serve the ESFP well by allowing them to get over it.

ESFPs are likely to be very practical, although they hate structure and routine. They like to "go with the flow", trusting in their ability to improvise in any situation presented to them. They learn best with "hands-on" experience, rather than by studying a book. They're uncomfortable with theory. If an ESFP hasn't developed their intuitive side, they may tend to avoid situations which involve a lot of theoretical thinking, or which are complex and ambiguous. For this reason, an ESFP may have difficulty in school. On the other hand, the ESFP does extremely well in situations where they're allowed to learn by interacting with others, or in which they "learn by doing".

ESFPs have a very well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty, and an excellent sense of space and function. If they have the means, they're likely to have to have many beautiful possessions, and an artfully furnished home. In general, they take great pleasure in objects of aesthetic beauty. They're likely to have a strong appreciation for the finer things in life, such as good food and good wine.

The ESFP is a great team player. He or she is not likely to create any problems or fuss, and is likely to create the most fun environment possible for getting the task done. ESFPs will do best in careers in which they are able to use their excellent people skills, along with their abilities to meld ideas into structured formats. Since they are fast-paced individuals who like new experiences, they should choose careers which offer or require a lot of diversity, as well as people skills.

ESFPs usually like to feel strongly bonded with other people, and have a connection with animals and small children that is not found in most other types. They're likely to have a strong appreciation for the beauties of nature as well.

The ESFP has a tremendous love for life, and knows how to have fun. They like to bring others along on their fun-rides, and are typically a lot of fun to be with. They're flexible, adaptable, genuinely interested in people, and usually kind-hearted. They have a special ability to get a lot of fun out of life, but they need to watch out for the pitfalls associated with living entirely in the moment.

Possible Career Paths for the ESFP:

Artists, Performers and Actors
Sales Representatives
Counselors / Social Work
Child Care
Fashion Designers
Interior Decorators
Consultants
Photographers
Old 07-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Your Type is
INTJ

Strength of the preferences %

Introverted -78

Intuitive - 12

Thinking - 50

Judging - 33
Old 07-01-2009, 12:08 PM
I do have to chime in and say that the 'Thinking' part of mine showed only 1%, which makes me think the whole thing is total b.s. because I think and overanalyze everything. Every.thing.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
Here's one place you can take it... http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I felt I contradicted myself a few times answering the questions. There are a few similar ones. Oh well. I'm an INFJ according to this test which I take with a grain of salt.

Introverted 67
Intuitive 25
Feeling 25
judging 22
Old 07-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Yea pretty much any of these online "tests" are full of shit. I question these tests even when given by a professional.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:34 PM

ENFP

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

General: ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of an often bizarre cosmic whole. They want to both help (at least, their own definition of "help") and be liked and admired by other people, on bo th an individual and a humanitarian level. They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another.

Social/Personal Relationships: ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to the more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality. They are outgoing, fun, and genuinely like people. As SOs/mates they are warm, affectionate (l ots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous. However, attention span in relationships can be short; ENFPs are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time. Less mature ENFPs may need to feel they are the center of attention all the time, to reassure them that everyone thinks they're a wonderful and fascinating person.

ENFPs often have strong, if unconvential, convictions on various issues related to their Cosmic View. They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their negle cting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world.
Work Environment: ENFPs are pleasant, easygoing, and usually fun to work with. They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along. They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned. ENFPs are at their most useful when working in a group w ith a J or two to take up the slack.

ENFPs hate bureaucracy, both in principle and in practice; they will always make a point of launching one of their crusades against some aspect of it.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I've taken this or something incredibly similar to this before...the repeating (if reworded) questions get tiresome because I feel more like they're trying to trick me than get an objective result! Bahumbug!

Anyhow:

I (introverted) - 33 - makes sense...definitely my own wolfpack at times
N (intuitive)- 38 - doesn't this contradict the next rating?
T (thinking) - 62 - definitely (I'm an engineering major, hah)
J (judging) - 33 - sure, but I wasn't sure where this was derived from the questions
Old 07-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homyrrh View Post
I've taken this or something incredibly similar to this before...the repeating (if reworded) questions get tiresome because I feel more like they're trying to trick me than get an objective result! Bahumbug!

Anyhow:

J (judging) - 33 - sure, but I wasn't sure where this was derived from the questions
I prefer openly opinionated over judging.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Quote:

I like you my fellow INTJ
Old 07-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm an ENFJ.

Extraverted: 56%
Intuitive: 25%
Feeling: 38%
Judging: 1% (?!?!?!? Is this good or bad?!)

Some of the stuff rings true, which I'll post in a bit, but first this....

Quote:
Famous ENFJs:
David, King of Israel
U.S. Presidents:
Abraham Lincoln
Ronald Reagan
Barack Obama

William Cullen Bryant, poet
Abraham Maslow, psychologist and proponent of self-actualization
Ross Perot
Sean Connery
Elizabeth Dole
Francois Mitterand
Dick Van Dyke
Andy Griffith
James Garner
William Aramony, former president of United Way
Gene Hackman (Superman, Antz)
Dennis Hopper (Speed)
Brenda Vaccaro
Craig T. Nelson (Coach)
Diane Sawyer (Good Morning America)
Randy Quaid (Bye Bye, Love; Independence Day)
Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive)
Kirstie Alley ("Cheers," Look Who's Talking movies)
Michael Jordan, NBA basketball player
Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Oprah Winfrey
Bob Saget America's Funniest Home Videos, Full House
Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Seinfeld")
Ben Stiller (The Royal Tenenbaums)
Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts quarterback
Matthew McConaughey (The Wedding Planner)
Pete Sampras, Tennis Champion
Lauren Graham ("Gilmore Girls")
Ben Affleck (The Sum Of All Fears)
John Cusack (High Fidelity)

Fictional ENFJs:
Joe Hackett, Wings
Awesome. Just awesome.

Now a synopsis on ENFJs:

Quote:
ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS:

Extraverted Feeling
Extraverted Feeling rules the ENFJ's psyche. In the sway of this rational function, these folks are predisposed to closure in matters pertaining to people, and especially on behalf of their beloved. As extraverts, their contacts are wide ranging. Face-to-face relationships are intense, personable and warm, though they may be so infrequently achieved that intimate friendships are rare.

Introverted iNtuition
Like their INFJ cousins, ENFJs are blessed through introverted intuition with clarity of perception in the inner, unconscious world. Dominant Feeling prefers to find the silver lining in even the most beggarly perceptions of those in their expanding circle of friends and, of course, in themselves. In less balanced individuals, such mitigation of the unseemly eventually undermines the ENFJ's integrity and frequently their good name. In healthier individuals, deft use of this awareness of the inner needs and desires of others enables this astute type to win friends, influence people, and avoid compromising entanglements.
The dynamic nature of their intuition moves ENFJs from one project to another with the assurance that the next one will be perfect, or much more nearly so than the last. ENFJs are continually looking for newer and better solutions to benefit their extensive family, staff, or organization.

Extraverted Sensing
Sensing is extraverted. ENFJs can manage details, particularly those necessary to implement the prevailing vision. These data have, however, a magical flexible quality. Something to be bought can be had for a song; the same something is invaluable when it's time to sell. (We are not certain, but we suspect that such is the influence of the primary function.) This wavering of sensory perception is made possible by the weaker and less mature status with which the tertiary is endowed.

Introverted Thinking
Introverted Thinking is least apparent and most enigmatic in this type. In fact, it often appears only when summoned by Feeling. At times only in jest, but in earnest if need be, Thinking entertains as logical only those conclusions which support Feeling's values. Other scenarios can be shown invalid or at best significantly inferior. Such "Thinking in the service of Feeling" has the appearance of logic, but somehow it never quite adds up.

Introverted Thinking is frequently the focus of the spiritual quest of ENFJs. David's lengthiest psalm, 119, pays it homage. "Law," "precept," "commandment," "statute:" these essences of inner thinking are the mysteries of Deity for which this great Feeler's soul searched.

Damn, that's a lot.

Last edited by the clever guy; 07-01-2009 at 12:58 PM..
Old 07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
I got INTJ as well.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Quote:
I've taken this or something incredibly similar to this before...the repeating (if reworded) questions get tiresome because I feel more like they're trying to trick me than get an objective result!
They aren't reworded, but are asking from a different view point. You could ask someone if they like Coke, and they may say "yes", and seem like a soda drinker, but then you could ask if they like "coke or water" and find more out. If that makes sense...

Quote:
No contradiction, you think based on your intuitions, as opposed to thinking based on your senses. An example might be two people who auditioning for a role in a movie, an "NT" would probably play the part based on theoretical understanding of acting, whereas an "ST" would probably play the part channeling past life experiences. Or another, example (these are hard to give) might be an "NT" is in a fire and immediately looks for an exit, whereas an "ST" might start trying to figure out what they need to do.

Oh, I think this might be good - an "NT" might buy a car based on research, whereas an "ST" might buy a car trying to use things they've learned from buying cars in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
I felt I contradicted myself a few times answering the questions.
Some of the ideas behind the questions is to get an idea how you view similar situations from different vantage points, and/or sort of a narrowing-down process. I haven't seen the test you are talking about in particular, but could explain better with specific examples. I'm familiar with what you are talking about, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownCamaro View Post
Yea pretty much any of these online "tests" are full of shit. I question these tests even when given by a professional.
I've been involved with these tests on all sorts of levels - I haven't taken any of the online ones, but have been subjected to them many helping people do projects and always get the same result - which I think matches up a lot better than the other options.

I'm curious to try one of the online ones now...

Yep - It's all the same.

Sometimes I think they fail when they start suggestion what people are best to do and so forth. In general they can get close, but I don't think people should be pigeon holed like that - recognizing personality types isn't doing that, but telling people what they should do with their personality probably is.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
They aren't reworded, but are asking from a different view point. You could ask someone if they like Coke, and they may say "yes", and seem like a soda drinker, but then you could ask if they like "coke or water" and find more out. If that makes sense...

No contradiction, you think based on your intuitions, as opposed to thinking based on your senses. An example might be two people who auditioning for a role in a movie, an "NT" would probably play the part based on theoretical understanding of acting, whereas an "ST" would probably play the part channeling past life experiences. Or another, example (these are hard to give) might be an "NT" is in a fire and immediately looks for an exit, whereas an "ST" might start trying to figure out what they need to do.

Oh, I think this might be good - an "NT" might buy a car based on research, whereas an "ST" might buy a car trying to use things they've learned from buying cars in the past.

Some of the ideas behind the questions is to get an idea how you view similar situations from different vantage points, and/or sort of a narrowing-down process. I haven't seen the test you are talking about in particular, but could explain better with specific examples. I'm familiar with what you are talking about, though.

I've been involved with these tests on all sorts of levels - I haven't taken any of the online ones, but have been subjected to them many helping people do projects and always get the same result - which I think matches up a lot better than the other options.

I'm curious to try one of the online ones now...

Yep - It's all the same.

Sometimes I think they fail when they start suggestion what people are best to do and so forth. In general they can get close, but I don't think people should be pigeon holed like that - recognizing personality types isn't doing that, but telling people what they should do with their personality probably is.
Oh that's right...you do the social work thing...
Old 07-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Oh that's right...you do the social work thing...

You asked if they contradicted one another and I tried to explain it. I'm not getting the feeling you're very thankful for my response, because it feels like you stopped short of putting a rolly-eyed emoticon.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 07-01-2009 at 03:58 PM..
Old 07-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
You asked if they contradicted one another and I tried to explain it. I'm not getting the feeling you're very thankful for my response, because it feels like you stopped short of putting a rolly-eyed emoticon.
Oh no, I was annoyed until I remembered you were a social worker. Getting a Physics lecture from a Physics professor is tolerable and welcome; getting a Physics lecture from someone without any science education is annoyingly condescending.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:54 PM
I actually feel like mine is apt. I probably wouldn't admit it...but presented with it in black and white I feel inclined to accept it.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Oh no, I was annoyed until I remembered you were a social worker. Getting a Physics lecture from a Physics professor is tolerable and welcome; getting a Physics lecture from someone without any science education is annoyingly condescending.

Coolio. I was a bit off-put because I had a hard time trying to explain it, which goes along with my personality type descriptor, in that I do better understanding things than trying to explain them. Comically, the past couple exchanges, I've shown multiple descriptions of the ESFP-type.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 PM
INTP
Old 07-02-2009, 10:52 AM
E N F J
75 25 19 11
Old 07-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I N T P
67 50 62 22
Old 07-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I actually came out as an INTP when I first took the test in 1995.

But now my results as an ENFP are measured as:

E N F P
1 38 25 33
Old 07-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Your Type is
ESFP
Extraverted (56)
Sensing (1)
Feeling (50)
Perceiving (11)
Quote:
Artisan™ Portrait of the Performer (ESFP)

Performers have the special ability, even among the Artisans, to delight those around them with their warmth, their good humor, and with their often extraordinary skills in music, comedy, and drama. Whether on the job, with friends, or with their families, Performers are exciting and full of fun, and their great social interest lies in stimulating those around them to take a break from work and worry, to lighten up and enjoy life.

Performers are plentiful, something over ten percent of the population, and this is fortunate, because they bring pleasure to so many of us. Performers are the people for whom it can truly be said "all the world's a stage." Born entertainers, they love the excitement of playing to an audience, and will quickly become the center of attention wherever they are. Performers aren't comfortable being alone, and seek the company of others whenever possible-which they usually find, for they make wonderful playmates. Performers are smooth, talkative, and witty; they always seem to know the latest jokes and stories, and are quick with wisecracks and wordplay-nothing is so serious or sacred that it can't be made fun of. Performers also like to live in the fast lane, and seem up on the latest fashions of dress, food, drink, and music. Lively and uninhibited, Performers are the life of the party, always trying to create in those around them a mood of eat, drink, and be merry.

The Performers' talent for enjoying life is healthy for the most part, though it also makes them more subject to temptations than the other types. Pleasure seems to be an end in itself for them, and variety is the spice of life. And so Performers are open to trying almost anything that promises them a good time, not always giving enough thought to the consequences.

Like the other Artisans, Performers are incurably optimistic - "Always look on the bright side," is their motto - and they will avoid worries and troubles by ignoring them as long as possible. They are also the most generous of all the types, and second only to the Composer Artisans [ISFPs] in kindness. Performers haven't a mean or stingy bone in their body-what's theirs is yours-and they seem to have little idea of saving or conserving. They give what they have to one and all without expectation of reward, just as they love freely, and without expecting anything in return. In so many ways, Performers view life as an eternal cornucopia from which flows an endless supply of pleasures.

Elizabeth Taylor, John Goodman, Marylin Monroe, Judy Garland, Magic Johnson, Pablo Picasso, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Elvis, and Leonard Bernstein are examples of Performer Artisans.
Wow! That's pretty spot on.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 PM
ENFJ
Extraverted 100% (Holy shit)
Intuitive 62%
Feeling 38%
Judging 44%

Quote:
Extraverted feeling types seek continuity through harmonious relationships and collective values. They excel at picking up on the tone of a situation and acting accordingly, adding warmth to a cool setting or turning sour into sweet. They naturally seek to know what people do well, what they enjoy, and where and how they work. They seem to have an infinite number of acquaintances from all walks of life and are always on the lookout for people in need and those who can help out. ENFJs weave and strengthen the collective fabric of social conventions and interactions. Inclusiveness is important and they are particularly sensitive to those who are excluded.

ENFJs focus on others, feeling a glow when those around them are happy, and troubled when something is amiss. They are natural cheerleaders, often expressing support, gratitude, and encouragement, and heaping praise onto those they appreciate. They take note of what is being done and what needs doing, offering their assistance wherever necessary.

ENFJs enjoy organizing group activities and tend to take their commitments seriously. In general, they are reliable and do not like to disappoint others. As team players and project leaders, they have a gift for rallying their players, focusing on what is being done right and each member's strengths. They are loyal and they expect loyalty. They carry conversations well, finding common ground with their speaker. They tend to find the correct and gracious way to respond in any given situation, no matter how tense or uncomfortable it is.

Extraverted feeling types will uphold a wide range of values, simply because shared values are what create harmony. Some will profess the importance of tough-minded logic, justice and scholarly debate because their environments have these shared values. They tend to adopt the collective values of those in their social group.
Pretty fucking accurate.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:45 PM
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
22 75 25 22

I love being a statistic.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
Well, according to that:

Your Type is: INTJ

Introverted = 56
Intuitive = 48
Thinking = 88
Judging = 22

But, on one hand, something seems off because, according to:

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...5&c=mastermind

Quote:
Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population,
But by my count, there are four INTJs that have posted in this thread.

On the other hand, that seems like a very INTJ thing to say - M
Old 07-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post

Myers-Briggs description

According to Myers-Briggs, ISFPs are peaceful, easygoing people who adopt a "live and let live" approach to life. They enjoy taking things at their own pace and tend to live in the moment. Although quiet, they are pleasant, considerate, and caring, devoted to the people in their lives. Though not inclined to debate or necessarily even air their views, their values are important to them.

That's what I am too
Old 07-04-2009, 06:24 PM
INTJ

Introverted - 33
Intuitive - 62
Thinking - 12
Judging - 33

Quote:
INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake... INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play... Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel... This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals... Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense.
That last part couldn't be more true. Its what I desperately want more than anything in the world and it really is a problem since its a completely unrealistic dream...

Quote:
INTJs are strong individualists who seek new angles or novel ways of looking at things. They enjoy coming to new understandings. They tend to be insightful and mentally quick; however, this mental quickness may not always be outwardly apparent to others since they keep a great deal to themselves. They are very determined people who trust their vision of the possibilities, regardless of what others think. They may even be considered the most independent of all of the sixteen personality types. INTJs are at their best in quietly and firmly developing their ideas, theories, and principles.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 07-12-2009 at 09:06 PM..
Old 07-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
I'm ISFJ.

According to Myers-Briggs, ISFJs are interested in maintaining order and harmony in every aspect of their lives. They are steadfast and meticulous in handling their responsibilities. Although quiet, they are people-oriented and very observant. Not only do they remember details about others, but they observe and respect others’ feelings. Friends and family are likely to describe them as thoughtful and trustworthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISFJ#My...gs_description
I got the same thing and I think that just about fits me.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:39 AM
INTP, or the Architect:

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

INTPs in the main are not clannish. The INTP mailing list, with a readership now in triple figures, was in its incipience fraught with all the difficulties of the Panama canal: we had trouble deciding on:

1) whether or not there should be such a group,
2) exactly what such a group should be called, and
3) which of us would have to take the responsibility for organization and maintenance of the aforesaid group/club/whatever.

A Functional Analysis -- by Joe Butt
Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking strives to extract the essence of the Idea from various externals that express it. In the extreme, this conceptual essence wants no form or substance to verify its reality. Knowing the Truth is enough for INTPs; the knowledge that this truth can (or could) be demonstrated is sufficient to satisfy the knower. "Cogito, ergo sum" expresses this prime directive quite succinctly.

In seasons of low energy level, or moments of single-minded concentration, the INTP is aloof and detached in a way that might even offend more relational or extraverted individuals.
Extraverted iNtuition

Intuition softens and socializes Thinking, fleshing out the brittle bones of truths formed in the dominant inner world. That which is is not negotiable; yet actual application diffuses knowledge to the extent that knowledge needs qualification and context to be of any consequence in this foreign world of substance.

If Thinking can desist, the INTP is free to brainstorm, calling up the perceptions of the unconscious (i.e., intuition) which are mirrored in patterns in the realm of matter, time and space. These perceptions, in the form of theories or hunches, must ultimately defer to the inner principles, or at least they must not negate them.

Intuition unchained gives birth to play. INTPs enjoy games, formal or impromptu, which coax analogies, patterns and theories from the unseen into spontaneous expression in a way that defies their own comprehension.
Introverted Sensing

Sensing is of a subjective, inner nature similar to that of the SJs. It supplies awareness of the forms of senses rather than the raw, analogic stimuli. Facts and figures seek to be cleaned up for comparison with an ever growing range of previously experienced input. Sensing assists intuition in sorting out and arranging information into the building blocks for Thinking's elaborate systems.

The internalizing nature of the INTP's Sensing function leaves a relative absence of environmental awareness (i.e., Extraverted Sensing), except when the environment is the current focus. Consciousness of such conditions is at best a sometime thing.
Extraverted Feeling

Feeling tends to be all or none. When present, the INTP's concern for others is intense, albeit naive. In a crisis, this feeling judgement is often silenced by the emergence of Thinking, who rushes in to avert chaos and destruction. In the absence of a clear principle, however, INTPs have been known to defer judgement and to allow decisions about interpersonal matters to be left hanging lest someone be offended or somehow injured. INTPs are at risk of being swept away by the shadow in the form of their own strong emotional impulses.
Famous INTPs:

Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton

U.S. Presidents:
James Madison
John Quincy Adams
John Tyler
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Gerald Ford

William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
William James
Albert Einstein
Tom Foley (Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
Henri Mancini
Bob Newhart
Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
Tiger Woods
Fictional INTPs

Tom and Fiona (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
Dr. Susan Lewis (ER)
Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life)

Holy shit. Not bad.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 PM
INTJ---78,38,38,22

I wonder if i would be a contridiction if i was to go into a more art type job than what they put me into.

Last edited by SchizoidManiac; 07-22-2009 at 09:40 PM..
Old 07-22-2009, 09:50 PM
ESFJ -- 67, 38, 12, 33

# distinctively expressed extravert
# moderately expressed sensing personality
# slightly expressed feeling personality
# moderately expressed judging personality