#1  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Members With Sig Text?

Sorry for reposting this in here, but site discussion gets little to no response.

How are you getting your siggy text to work? I have noticed many many members including Tweek and Zombievictim, who both have siggies. Yet Jo said there's no siggy option enabled. I am so confused abiut this. Because if you quote anyone who has a siggy, that text won't show up in your quote, which means it is indeed a block of text in the siggy spot. Wtf?

I emailed Jo himself about this and this is what he said. And I quote;

"No need for the confusion, my friend. Believe it or not, those people ADD THE SIGS themselves (in their messages). Iíve noticed 1-2 people doing that here and there, but overall, I donít think any 1 person does it all the time (for example, TWEEK is one of the people with a SIG above, but Iíve seen TONS of messages from here in the forums without the sig). So all that to say, the SIGS are disabled for EVERYONEÖ.but some people like to ADD it themselves via their own post)."

Here are some screenshots I took to show ya'll

http://tinypic.com/r/1jio6/5

http://i41.tinypic.com/23igv8h.png

http://i41.tinypic.com/23jlmjt.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/2dihiwz.png
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
My signature is enabled. I don't add it on my own to each post.
I knew that. But Jo says otherwise. And this is what's confusing me, Tweek.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I knew that. But Jo says otherwise. And this is what's confusing me, Tweek.
You, Sir, are persistent.

I don't know what to tell you. I have no idea what's going on with it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 PM
All I want to know is why Jo said all siggies were disabled, yet you have one. And so do alot of others.

Last edited by God of War; 07-05-2009 at 04:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I have a signature? Well, I guess i learned something today then.

As for your question, I don't know why some can do it and others can't.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah, yours says "That's insane Troll logic!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Haha well I guess I did that way back when it was first implemented. Got to love the Buff.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombievictim View Post
Haha well I guess I did that way back when it was first implemented. Got to love the Buff.
Wait a minute! I think you've hit the nail on the head with that first sentence of yours. Members who have been here before Jo implemented the new forum. As in long term members. Oh wait, that won't work either. I've been here since early 2006, and that was way before the new forum revisions took place. Oh, shit, I dunno. I've tried to edit my options and nothing. There has to be a logical explanation to this. Because now FireCaptain has a siggy, and he's relatively new to JB's. I'm at a loss.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Wait a minute! I think you've hit the nail on the head with that first sentence of yours. Members who have been here before Jo implemented the new forum. As in long term members. Oh wait, that won't work either. I've been here since early 2006, and that was way before the new forum revisions took place. Oh, shit, I dunno. I've tried to edit my options and nothing. There has to be a logical explanation to this. Because now FireCaptain has a siggy, and he's relatively new to JB's. I'm at a loss.
Yeah, that doesn't work. I've been here a hell of a lot longer than Zombie and I don't have one. But I have noticed that most, if not all, people with signatures are Moderators. Hmmmmm.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Does my signature appear?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
But I have noticed that most, if not all, people with signatures are Moderators. Hmmmmm.
You caught us. We get about 100 more features than...well we call you "normies." We also go on Holiday twice a year to the Bahamas where we all lay on the beach and sip fruity drinks.

Ah the life of a moderator...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homyrrh View Post
Does my signature appear?
Yep, it does.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip.png
Views:	60
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	7943  
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-03-2009, 12:51 AM
But I'm not a moderator, and until today I didn't even now I had the "Edit Signature" option. In fact, I'm pretty sure I didn't when I first came onto the boards because I remember trying to figure out the signature situation myself.

...
..
.

I think JoBlo loves to fuck with us. He's like the man in the TV room in Matrix Reloaded.

EDIT: God, what's your new avatar? You always pick gooduns.

Last edited by FireCaptain4; 07-03-2009 at 12:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post

I think JoBlo loves to fuck with us. He's like the man in the TV room in Matrix Reloaded.
Nah. He doesn't commit thesaurus abuse like The Architect.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-03-2009, 01:04 AM
OK, maybe I was wrong, but only slightly wrong. I still see every Mod have a sig. As for these random ass people that have 'em, I can't explain it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Dammit I told you already!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
OK, maybe I was wrong, but only slightly wrong. I still see every Mod have a sig. As for these random ass people that have 'em, I can't explain it.
Non all regular, non-moderator schmoes are "normies". I go on fruity vacations as well.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-03-2009, 03:38 AM
Sigs used to be disabled, then through one of the forum's revamps they became enabled again. I noticed because i had one written in my user cp even though they were disabled, and when there was the update it came up with my posts...I didn't care for it so i just deleted it, but i tried to put one on now i and i don't think it works so who knows.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-03-2009, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Wait a minute! I think you've hit the nail on the head with that first sentence of yours. Members who have been here before Jo implemented the new forum. As in long term members. Oh wait, that won't work either. I've been here since early 2006, and that was way before the new forum revisions took place. Oh, shit, I dunno. I've tried to edit my options and nothing. There has to be a logical explanation to this. Because now FireCaptain has a siggy, and he's relatively new to JB's. I'm at a loss.

Why do you want a sig so bad? I don't get it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-03-2009, 07:50 AM
I think i have a sig working now...make sure you have the box ticked that says "show your signature" when you make a post, other than that, i just typed it into my cp control and now when i post, there it is...but note straight after i did this it did not work (look at my earlier post above). It's just a sig, i wouldn't worry too much over it.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombievictim View Post
You caught us. We get about 100 more features than...well we call you "normies." We also go on Holiday twice a year to the Bahamas where we all lay on the beach and sip fruity drinks.

Ah the life of a moderator...
I thought it was to comic con or Cannes?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-04-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombievictim View Post
I have a signature? Well, I guess i learned something today then.
Yes, and it is the coolest signature on JoBlo. It is a pun on the logic (or lack-therof) in the film Troll 2. I find it quite funny and have even made references to it in real life in the past, because it's that cool and you'd better NEVER change it.

I always thought that the Mods were allowed to have Signatures enabled, but the other Schmoes' were all disabled.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-04-2009, 02:13 PM
So why not just make all sigs enabled?

I know I want one
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Sigs are enabled, try them.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-04-2009, 04:13 PM
How? lol

Every other forum, you go to User CP, then on the left hand side usually right below edit avatar there's an edit signature option.

As of right now, it's not there...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-05-2009, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post
God, what's your new avatar? You always pick gooduns.
Thanks. They are the twins of Paul Muad'Dib and Chani from "Children of Dune"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdraven View Post
Why do you want a sig so bad? I don't get it.
It's not that I want one so badly, it's the fact as to why some people can have them and some can't.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-05-2009, 04:45 AM


"Joblo Does Not care about normies"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump