#1  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Pride and Racism

This is an email I received today from a friend I have in Rhode Island. He eats his steaks pretty much raw. He is a Red Sox and Pats fan. He sends me the best porn emails ever. He was one of the first Navy SEALs and is very patriotic. And a bit of a racist, but I like this email. These are some things I have thought before too.

Quote:
“WHITE" Pride”



This is great. I have been wondering about why Whites are racists, and no other race is.....

Proud to be White

Michael Richards makes his point...............
Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point.


This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points...


Someone finally said it. How many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... and that's OK..


But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist.


You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?


You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.


You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.


You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.


You have the NAACP. You have BET.... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.


If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.


If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.


We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that??


A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.


If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists.


There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.


In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.


You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.


You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.


I am proud... But you call me a racist.


Why is it that only whites can be racists??


There is nothing improper about this e-mail.. Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on. I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for ourselves!


BE PROUD TO BE WHITE!


It's not a crime YET... but getting very close!





It is estimated that ONLY 5% of those reaching this point in this e-mail, will pass it on.



God Bless America
I don't pass emails on to my friends.
  #2  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Jesus Christ.
  #3  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:46 PM

What's a beaner???


As for my take, your friend makes some very good points; for my problem is with people who call other people 'racists' like it is the most insidious thing imaginable that a human can ever be.

There are many worse things to be than a racist; like a liar. Racism is a very primitive form of thinking and everyone has this in them to some degree. But many people will claim "not having a racist bone in their body". This is simply not so(if they got a pulse).

In short, everybody is racist. I don't care what anyone says. And the more someone denies it, the more I suspect their motives.

Last edited by John Galt; 07-07-2009 at 09:49 PM..
  #4  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Fight hate with love, not more hate.
  #5  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess and say this thread is going to get closed. I think it's the type of thread we want to avoid, but I can't be sure.

Before it does, I'm going to say: LOL

First thing...You didn't write this, I know (or am assuming)

Quote:
And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... and that's OK..


But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist.
Why the fuck is he justifying using derogatory racial terms by saying "Well, people use them on me!" How idiotic. I've been called plenty of racial slurs but I don't use them on other people or when talking about people. There's no justification.

I like the mention of Black History Month. You mean February, the shortest month?

Oh, and the part about:

Quote:
You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.
Huh? Is this directed at all minorities? I've never done this shit. Way to not be racist.
  #6  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
What's a beaner???


As for my take, your friend makes some very good points; for my problem is with people who call other people 'racists' like it is the most insidious thing imaginable that a human can ever be.

There are many worse things to be than a racist; like a liar. Racism is a very primitive form of thinking and everyone has this in them to some degree. But many people will claim "not having a racist bone in their body". This is simply not so(if they got a pulse).

In short, everybody is racist. I don't care what anyone says. And the more someone denies it, the more I suspect their motives.
he did not write it. He just passed it on
  #7  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I AM proud to be white. I just shut the fuck up about it because I'm not an attention whore. People who cry racism over every little thing are nothing but attention whores. Grow the fuck up and live your life like a human being, quit worrying about the color of your skin and thinking that that is the reason you are being held down. You can point all the fingers you want in your life but the real reason you are being held back is because you arent man or woman enough to do something for yourself. You just want to play the victim, which is just oh so easy to do when you can conveniently slap a term like 'racist' on everything.
  #8  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie Normal View Post
he did not write it. He just passed it on


So what's a beaner? That's one I haven't heard.
  #9  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
I'm going to hazard a guess and say this thread is going to get closed. I think it's the type of thread we want to avoid, but I can't be sure.

Before it does, I'm going to say: LOL

First thing...You didn't write this, I know (or am assuming)


Why the fuck is he justifying using derogatory racial terms by saying "Well, people use them on me!" How idiotic. I've been called plenty of racial slurs but I don't use them on other people or when talking about people. There's no justification.

I like the mention of Black History Month. You mean February, the shortest month?

Oh, and the part about:



Huh? Is this directed at all minorities? I've never done this shit. Way to not be racist.

I think these are supposed to be quote from Michael Richards. I was going to put it in celebrity, but changed my mind because I could not verify it.
  #10  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
I AM proud to be white. I just shut the fuck up about it because I'm not an attention whore. People who cry racism over every little thing are nothing but attention whores. Grow the fuck up and live your life like a human being, quit worrying about the color of your skin and thinking that that is the reason you are being held down. You can point all the fingers you want in your life but the real reason you are being held back is because you arent man or woman enough to do something for yourself. You just want to play the victim, which is just oh so easy to do when you can conveniently slap a term like 'racist' on everything.
Pretty much. That's not to say that race never plays a part in anything. Some people are a bit too quick to cry racism though.
  #11  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
So what's a beaner? That's one I haven't heard.
Beaner is what white people (mostly) call Mexican people. Poor latins eat a lot of beans. I worked with Latin people and they have their own insulting words for other Latins. Cheddar is one of them. Never understood why.
  #12  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
This thread is being closed because it's offensive and there's too much potential for drama.

Last edited by BakeTheMooCow; 07-07-2009 at 10:07 PM..
  #13  
Old 07-07-2009, 10:59 PM
This email is shit. I started to write a huge long rebuttal to this email, going paragraph by paragraph, but then I realized I was just repeating myself because this guy made the same basic problem all over the place.

First, let me just fill in the details about myself a little bit. By the government's standard and by the looks of me I'm White, but I'm actually Persian and was born in Iran. My step-dad is Irish American, was born and raised on the south side of Chicago, and so I have a lot first hand experience seeing what happens when you drill into the "white" group a little closer.

And that's where your friend gets all screwed up. White people do have their parades, celebrations, and groups -- they just don't call refer to them as "white." Saint Patrick's Day parade is for Irish Americans. Italians have their own pride parade. Oktoberfest is a German celebration. There's a Danish American Society that does things for the Danish American community.

"White" doesn't really mean anything. It doesn't refer to a culture, an ethnic group, or a even region (unless you count North America + Europe + Russia as a region). "White" people that do feel as though they're a group do celebrate their common heritage, a la Irish pride. No one accuses a person wearing a "Kiss Me I'm Irish" shirt of being a racist. No one accuses the people attending a Greek Orthodox church as being racist. But they're still "white."

In his diatribe the guy listed "kike" as a racial slur, but the people that slur is directed against are "white." Let me repeat: Jews are white. Given that the guy is clearly confused about what "white" means, it's very surprising that he would have "white pride." How can you have pride about something you don't even understand?

I have friends that are all different kinds of white, and some are very proud of the kind of "white" they are. There's nothing wrong with that. However, it is wrong to point at only a few races you don't like (which may or may not be "white") and then criticize them for embracing their heritage. Embrace your own heritage, if you can figure out what that is.

Just to conclude, there was something specific the guy said in his email that made my blood boil and I'd like to address it directly:

Quote:
You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.


You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.
Martin Luther King Day and Caesar Chavez Day are AMERICAN holidays. They celebrate the contributions that two AMERICANS made to AMERICAN society. I get those days off too, and I celebrate them just like everyone else. MLK in particular was a great, great man who is worthy of every bit of praise heaped upon him. He helped make America a better land FOR EVERYONE. It pisses me off to try and denigrate the contribution of these men by claiming their holidays are racial only.

Abbie Normal, the next time your friend rants about Black History Month, you should ask him if he's equally as pissed about Saint Patrick's Day, Easter, and Christmas, all of which are national holidays. Just food for thought.

EDIT: Ooops, it looks like this got posted after the thread was closed. It took me a long time to write. Sorry :P
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump