Old 04-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Out Of Print DVDs

I started collecting OOP (Out Of Print) dvds for the past year

was wondering which ones are your favorites or which ones you have

i need some ideas
Old 04-15-2009, 01:01 AM
as far as horror goes. I find the anchor bay tin cases mighty appealing in the OOP field. I have a few, Halloween 4, The Beyond, Repo Man, Evil Dead 2, etc.

They also made a really cool Wicker Man box made of wood. I've always wanted to pick that one up.

The Exorcist as of now is only available individually as "The Version You've Never Seen" unless you get the boxset. The individual 25th Anniversary Special Edition is OOP and is really worth it. Not only for the best version of the film, but the Fear of God documentary by Mark Kermode is one of the best documentaries about a single film i've ever seen.

The Ultimate Scream Collection is oop and worth it, though the first film is non anamorphic, i have a feeling these will go Blu soon.

Suspiria - Limited Edition is pretty hard to find, i'm proud of that one.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:11 AM
The Silent Night, Deadly Night double feature is a nice one to have, and yes, the Blue-Underground Suspiria 2-disk edition is awesome.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I've got a TON of out of print dvd's, it was/is also one of my hobbies to collect them. It kind of sucks because most of my out of print ones have now been released by another company or released with a "special" edition. Ie: Phantasm. I'm waiting for the day when my pride and joy Humanoids from the Deep gets the new disc treatment. My Roger Corman collection copy will become obselete and have to be put down.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:58 PM
got a ton of oop dvds, most arent worth much. Shivers and Motel Hell are pretty rare, 50+ on ebay.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:49 PM
My only Out Of Print dvd is Halloween 6:The Curse of Michael Myers. (Theatrical)
Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure which DVDs I have that may be OOP but I'm pretty sure the 2 disc SE Halloween I got in the late 90's is a OOP DVD. It has the 3'D cover of Michael Myer's mask on it and it includes both theatrical & TV version (with the scenes filmed just for TV) and most of the latter Friday The 13th DVDs are OOP and I have all of them.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
My mouth is watering! Does anyone want to collect some bankroll! I'd love to see some titles that some of you are looking to exchange for some paper, especially "Humanoids of the Deep", and those really neat looking Anchor Bay Tin collections. I like to collect "Hammer" classics like "Quatermass and the Pit", and "The Lost Continent". Love to hear about some others with discontinued DVD's!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:41 PM
I am most proud of two I picked up recently. I picked up the 2-disc limited edition of Suspiria and Army of Darkness online for less than $20. Best deal I've ever found, I must say.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:46 AM
i've got several of the anchor bay tins.several imported dvds(evil dead trilogy collector's tin,halloween complete collection).the coffin joe boxset is really cool!
Old 06-21-2009, 02:07 AM
The only dvd oop that i really want is The Midnight Hour... I totally waited for this movie to come out on dvd... it came out and was really expensive in the brokest time of my life while splitting up with my girlfriend and having to move a few states away... when I finally got my shit straight they had already stopped selling the movie and it was OOP... I was so pissed off!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 AM
ATTENTION SCHMOES!!!

I'm looking for Maniac Cop 2, if you have and want to trade let me know!!! I have plenty of rare/oop titles.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Biggest one I have is the limited and numbered Army of Darkness 2 disc set, they've released it again but this only had a run of 20,000 copies or so, otherwise I've never cared too much because they always release a newer better version anyhow, my friend has a couple actual rare ones that were pulled from the shelves, Little Shop of Horrors with the original ending of the plants taking over the world (got yanked because they didnt have the rights to put that ending on the disc) and the mislabled Swamp Thing that came out with PG on the cover but it was actually the R rated version, I would have liked to grab Burton's Ed Wood and almost did because my FYE had them but pulled them before I could get there and they wouldnt sell me one

Another one I would love to find that hasnt been re-released is the Unrated version of Bride of Re-animator and the Unrated version of Return of the Living Dead III
Old 07-04-2009, 06:35 PM
The Wicker Man - Wicker Box

Freakin' love that thing.

Lucio Fulci Collection #1
Old 07-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Godzilla 1984/Godzilla vs. Biollante-- these actually were never released in Region 1 formats, sadly.

Razorback-- the Russell Mulcahy horror film that was basically Jaws in the Outback.

Rawhead Rex-- I've never seen this one, I just would like to.

Humanoids from the Deep-- the Corman original.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Wow, from reading this thread I have a load of OOP DVD's and I never even knew (nor even thought about it before).
Old 07-18-2009, 12:46 PM
wow OOP is definitely worth collecting... believe it or not I found the Army of Darkness 2 disc @ gamestop for $6.99,this is when they still carried used DVDS... I also found this website that lets you know what's OOP
http://www.rareoopdvds.com/
while yur at it check out my collection let me know what you think.
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Burn Hollywood Burn
Old 08-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Yeah...I also enjoy collecting a few OOP titles as well. Here a few of the ones I have, though some are harder to find than others, or have already been re-released:

Army of Darkness - Limited Edition (Anchor Bay)
Baron Blood (Image Entertainment's Mario Bava Collection Edition)
The Beyond (Anchor Bay)
Black Sunday (Image Entertainment's Mario Bava Collection Edition)
Blood from the Mummy's Tomb (Hammer Collection)
Caged Heat
Candy Snatchers
Cannibal Holocaust - Collector's Edition - Limited and Numbered Edition (Slipcover)
Case of the Scorpion's Tale
Cloverfield (Steelbook)
Clownhouse
Cronos
Death Race 2000
The Devil Rides Out (Hammer Collection)
Dust Devil - The Final Cut - Limited Collector's Edition
The Entity
The Fall of the House of Usher (Midnite Movies)
Four Sided Triangle (Hammer Collection)
Horror of Frankenstein (Hammer Collection)
Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (Anchor Bay)
Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks (Anchor Bay)
Ilsa, the Wicked Warden (Anchor Bay)
Lady in a Cage
Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires (Hammer Collection)
Lisa and the Devil (Image Entertainment's Mario Bava Collection Edition)
Lost Continent (Hammer Collection)
Nekromantik
Plague of the Zombies (Hammer Collection)
Quatermass Xperiment
Quatermass 2 (Hammer Collection)
Quatermass and the Pit (Hammer Collection)
Rasputin, the Mad Monk (Hammer Collection)
Satanic Rites of Dracula (Hammer Collection)
StageFright
Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh
Suspiria (3-Disc Limited Edition)
Testament
To the Devil...A Daughter (Hammer Collection)
Torso
Twitch of the Death Nerve (Image Entertainment's Mario Bava Collection Edition)
Vengeance of She (Hammer Collection)
Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key

Also, I have a bunch of old OOP Anchor Bay stuff but have been re-released now on Blue Underground so they're not necessarily rare.

Also have quite a few non-Horror, including these Criterion OOP DVDs:
The Bank Dick
Blood for Dracula
Dead Ringers
Flesh for Frankenstein
Hard Boiled
The Harder They Come
How To Get Ahead in Advertising
The Killer
Notorious
Rebecca
Robocop
Sid & Nancy
Silence of the Lambs
Spellbound
Straw Dogs
This Is Spinal Tap
Tokyo Olympiad
Unbearable Lightness of Being
Old 10-04-2009, 06:38 PM
There's only a few I have that I can honestly say are OOP:

The Beyond Tin (Anchor Bay)
Heathers Tin (Anchor Bay)
Dead Ringers (Criterion)
Rebecca (Criterion)
Robocop (Criterion)
Silence of the Lambs (Criterion)
Straw Dogs (Criterion)
Susperia 3-Disc (soundtrack is the 3rd disc)
Opera
Excorcist 25th Ann
Black Sunday (Mario Bava)

I'm sure I have more but I would have to check.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:31 AM
Damn, uh....

Halloween 6
Halloween H20 (apparently it was technically discontinued)
Fright Night 2
Slumber Party Massacre q and 2 Double Feature
Slumber Party Massacre III
The Nest
The Fly/The Fly II
Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II (Alliance Atlantis DVD)
Gnaw: Food of the Gods II

There's probably a lot more that I'm not aware of.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm just going to take this opportunity to request for a new Special Edition DVD release of The Keep.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:10 PM
over 160 dvd and only 1 horror Oop -> Zombie ( aka Zombie 2 ) - Anchor bay

Interesting fact : SalÚ ( aka 120 days of sodom ) "Probably the rarest DVD in the world. Had its rights revoked almost as soon as it came out. Some copies going for above 700 dollars. Careful if you want to import, banned in many countries" ... ok , now i wanna see it !! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073650/
Old 11-25-2009, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
Interesting fact : SalÚ ( aka 120 days of sodom ) "Probably the rarest DVD in the world. Had its rights revoked almost as soon as it came out. Some copies going for above 700 dollars. Careful if you want to import, banned in many countries" ... ok , now i wanna see it !! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073650/
For the original edition, yeah, but Criterion released a second edition not that long ago; as of this moment, it's actually $18 on Amazon. But yeah, if you want that original DVD, you'll have to fork over some scratch.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:01 AM
From what I've seen the original Salo doesn't go for nearly as much as it used to since they announced the newer edition.

Recently got No Telling which I believe is OOP, one of my favourite horror films, sadly very overlooked.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam J. Hakari View Post
For the original edition, yeah, but Criterion released a second edition not that long ago; as of this moment, it's actually $18 on Amazon.
Is it the same version or a heavily edited one ?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
Is it the same version or a heavily edited one ?
It's the same version of the film, missing a 25 second sequence from the first wedding scene.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Out of print dvd's

Does anybody know where i can find a copy of ninja 3 the domination I know it is not a horror but it has horrorovertones cannot find this movie.thanks!!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVOORHEES64 View Post
Does anybody know where i can find a copy of ninja 3 the domination I know it is not a horror but it has horrorovertones cannot find this movie.thanks!!
They have several copies on ebay from $6 to $10.Just type in Ninja 3 Domination.Hope this helps.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:55 PM
The Sweet stuff!

I need the Anchor Bay flick, Out of Production "Mio In The Land of Faraway". I only deal in New, Unopened, Factory 'Safe' DVDs, because I have and deal with nothing but the very same quality and strength conditioned DVD items, Also need other titles like, "The Year My Voice Broke", "Salome's Last Dance", "Times Square", "Queen of the Stardust Ballroom", I deal in nothing but the finest quality, conditioned, highest caliber DVD products. I'm a heavy hitter on Amazon regarding "Hardcore" defunct Out of Production DVD 'goodies'. PM me, who knows, perhaps we can help each other out. Only serious "Cats" need to look me up, Thanks, God Bless All!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 PM
only one i have is the sleepaway camp red cross box set which sells around 40 on ebay
Old 07-29-2010, 05:50 PM
What a Real Disgrace and Shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillerthanmost View Post
only one i have is the sleepaway camp red cross box set which sells around 40 on ebay
At least y'all had the decency to put up a post, y'all got Spirit, and Spirit is enough! The other Jokers on this thread is as dead and lifeless as Rosie O'Donnels cooty box!!!