Old 07-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie Normal View Post
Seriously? What are the rumors? Why? I thought he wanted to stay there?
Well his contract is up very soon, and although he has said he likes playing for the Blue Jays, you can bet your ass there will be other contending teams that will be gunning for him full tilt. Trading him away will save the team money and will also bring some good young talent to the team.

Here's an article that talks about it:

Quote:
Ricciardi open to offers for Halladay
GM's comments could start bidding for 2003 Cy Young winner

By Tom Singer

By taking three games of a four-game holiday weekend series with Toronto, the Yankees further dampened the Blue Jays' once-high playoff hopes and apparently increased the chances for a Roy Halladay deal.

Toronto general manager J.P. Ricciardi likely invited open bidding for the marvelous right-hander on Monday with comments first reported by foxsports.com.

"We have to see what's out there," Ricciardi said. "I'm not saying we're going to shop him. But if something makes sense, we at least have to listen. We're [leaning] more toward listening than we've ever been."

This is not the first time Halladay has been perceived as being on the block. Ricciardi's comments, though, were the most definitive indication yet that the Blue Jays -- now seven games behind and in fourth place in the American League East after leading the division for most of April and May -- are thinking of the future and ready to entertain offers for the 2003 Cy Young Award winner, who is 10-2 this season and 74-29 since the start of the 2005 season.

Suitors for the 32-year-old Halladay could be plentiful. In Toronto's own division, the Yankees are again without Chien-Ming Wang and dealing with Joba Chamberlain's struggles, and the Red Sox have not gotten the expected from John Smoltz. The Phillies, Mets, Brewers and Angels are other contenders in need of pitching.

The question is whether any team can, or will, step up with an offer of the type that in 2002 pried Bartolo Colon away from Cleveland. In that deal with the then-Montreal Expos, the Indians landed Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee and Brandon Phillips.

Halladay has a full no-trade clause in a contract that runs through next season. He is being paid $14.25 million this year and is due to earn $15.75 million in 2010.
Although it seems like just "chit chat", I wouldn't be surprised if Halladay was traded very soon.

Last edited by Bourne101; 07-07-2009 at 01:36 PM..
Old 07-07-2009, 02:10 PM
WOW! This is very stupid for the Jays. If they trade him, they are telling me they are no longer interested in competing with the big boys within their division. I am happy (and sad) some of their moves are not paying off. I am speaking of large contracts for BJ Ryan and Wells.

Halladay seems perfectly willing and able to take less to stay and try to win with Toronto. This guy is one of the best pitchers in baseball. It is almost impossible to replace pitchers like him. He is the type of guy you build a team around.

The only way I would even think to trade Halladay is if the trading team takes Wells and his contract too and gets back as much or more than what Minnesota was asking for Santana (although they did not get it). If they lose both contracts and get prospects that are major league ready, then they can start over.

I can think of a team (Yankees) that could afford to take on Wells contract. We could use Wells in the outfield and he might do better with a change of scenery and less expectations in the Yankee lineup. We have Hughes and a few other prospects, maybe even Wang. He is cheap and should bounce back. Could be a good trade despite being an in division trade.

I believe if he gets traded and then goes free agent, the Yankees have a better than good shot at signing him. The Yankees have over $40 million in expiring contracts after this year. I can dream.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I don't see the Jays trading him anywhere unless Riccardi gets blown away by an offer I just don't see it he is the best pitcher in baseball right now and for the past 7 years.

And looking back at that Bartolo Colon trade that's one of the worst trades ever the Expos had Lee and Brandon Phillips too.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
I don't see the Jays trading him anywhere unless Riccardi gets blown away by an offer I just don't see it he is the best pitcher in baseball right now and for the past 7 years.

And looking back at that Bartolo Colon trade that's one of the worst trades ever the Expos had Lee and Brandon Phillips too.
That trade does not count. The 'Pos knew they were not going to be there and took one last shot to win right then and now.

If Halladay does get traded, I think the Dodgers have the best chance to get him.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Quote:
He is the best pitcher in baseball (and has been at various points in his career), but the Jays are lacking in so many areas that a big trade could seriously benefit them and give them some good young pitching as well as maybe a fielder or two. I don't think they should do it right now, because he still has another year on his contract, but if next year they are struggling at this point in the year I would trade him because he won't sign again with the Blue Jays if they are not contending.

If Riccardi knew what he was doing, he would trade Wells. It's obvious to see that Wells does not enjoy playing for the Blue Jays and if they traded him (and maybe one other player) they could get some solid young talent in return and they wouldn't have to worry about Wells' disinterest.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
He is the best pitcher in baseball (and has been at various points in his career), but the Jays are lacking in so many areas that a big trade could seriously benefit them and give them some good young pitching as well as maybe a fielder or two. I don't think they should do it right now, because he still has another year on his contract, but if next year they are struggling at this point in the year I would trade him because he won't sign again with the Blue Jays if they are not contending.

If Riccardi knew what he was doing, he would trade Wells. It's obvious to see that Wells does not enjoy playing for the Blue Jays and if they traded him (and maybe one other player) they could get some solid young talent in return and they wouldn't have to worry about Wells' disinterest.
That is one big contract to take a chance on. He is not anywhere near worth 20 plus million for four years. I think JP should take less in talent back if the team that gets Halladay also takes Wells.

Vernon Wells of
7 years/$126M (2008-14)

* 7 years/$126M (2008-14)
o signed extension with Toronto 12/06
o $25.5M signing bonus (paid in 3 $8.5M installments, March 1 2008-10)
o 08:$0.5M, 09:$1.5M, 10:$12.5M, 11:$23M, 12:$21M, 13:$21M, 14:$21M
o full no-trade clause
o Wells may opt out of contract after 2011
o award bonuses: $0.25M for MVP, $0.2M for World Series MVP, $0.15M for LCS MVP, $0.1M for receiving most All-Star votes in league
o Wells to donate $143,000 annually to Blue Jays charity

Think he will opt out in 2011? lol
Old 07-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post

What we could use is a power hitting 1B and and OF that can hit with runners in scoring position.

I don't see them being able to trade Wells because of the contract here is the way the contract was structured

$8.5 million signing bonus in 2008, 2009, 2010.

2008: $500,000
2009: $1.5 million
2010: $12.5 million
2011: $23 million
2012: $21 million
2013: $21 million
2014: $21 million

Wells can opt out of the contract after 2011. I doubt that very much will happen.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Haha, I didn't know the extent of the contract. Thanks for filling me in. He just seems so damn disinterested, it's tough to watch.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Quote:
I don't see them being able to trade Wells because of the contract here is the way the contract was structured

Wells can opt out of the contract after 2011. I doubt that very much will happen.
Jinx Owe me a coke.

The Yankees could afford that contract and they need an outfielder with Mastui and Damon leaving next year.

Let's make the trade:
From Yankees:
Melky Cabrera or Brett Gardner
Philip Hughes
Shelley Duncan
Wang or Kennedy

From Blue Jays
Vernon Wells
Halladay
Old 07-13-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't comment much on baseball, since my first love has always been hockey, but I will say that I've followed the Jays for a long time.

That said, what JP Ricciardi has done in the last week has reaffirmed my belief that the only real GM that the Jays have had is Pat Gillick. Gord Ash was a joke, save for signing Clemens, and Ricciardi, try as he might, hasn't produced a team that has catapulted over the Sox and Yankees. In addition, his remarks about trading Halladay are horrible to hear, especially considering that Roy has been THE man for the Jays for years, and one of the best kept secrets in baseball.

To hear JP talk about trading Roy, even with the best intentions, is a distraction and a detriment. Why he doesn't try to unload Wells and Rios, who have been lame ducks for the majority of the past few seasons, I don't know. Wells isn't a leader, a guy like Rolen is. Millar is. Barahas is. Not Wells.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxeGrinder View Post
That said, what JP Ricciardi has done in the last week has reaffirmed my belief that the only real GM that the Jays have had is Pat Gillick. Gord Ash was a joke, save for signing Clemens, and Ricciardi, try as he might, hasn't produced a team that has catapulted over the Sox and Yankees. In addition, his remarks about trading Halladay are horrible to hear, especially considering that Roy has been THE man for the Jays for years, and one of the best kept secrets in baseball.

To hear JP talk about trading Roy, even with the best intentions, is a distraction and a detriment. Why he doesn't try to unload Wells and Rios, who have been lame ducks for the majority of the past few seasons, I don't know. Wells isn't a leader, a guy like Rolen is. Millar is. Barahas is. Not Wells.
I don't think Riccardi has doen a terrible job, he's had really bad luck with a lot of free agenct signings but some of his draft picks have turned out really well Hill, Romero(remember they were bashed for taking him ahead of Tulolwitzki(It's not spelled properly)

The Wells and Rios contract were designed to keep this team together until 2010 which has turned out to be a disaster and I think he might be able to unload Rios because of his potiential still being there I don't see that with Wells unless that's a provision with taking Halladay that the team takes either Rios or Wells's contracts which I could see happen.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Quote:
I don't think Riccardi has doen a terrible job, he's had really bad luck with a lot of free agenct signings but some of his draft picks have turned out really well Hill, Romero(remember they were bashed for taking him ahead of Tulolwitzki(It's not spelled properly)

The Wells and Rios contract were designed to keep this team together until 2010 which has turned out to be a disaster and I think he might be able to unload Rios because of his potiential still being there I don't see that with Wells unless that's a provision with taking Halladay that the team takes either Rios or Wells's contracts which I could see happen.
Letting Frank Catalanotto, Reed Johnson and Carlos Delgado go, and instead signing Shannon Stewart, Josh Towers, David Delucci, and Frank Thomas (not necessarily in that order). Top that with his remarks about Adam Dunn and the fiasco with BJ Ryan, and you get my point.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Who do you have in the Home Run Derby?

The NL has the better lineup imo. I'm pulling for Joe Mauer and Brandon Inge.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Prince Fielder is the winner, and he earned it. He's a beast. Great show by Cruz too. Lawlz at Brandon Inge.

So, predictions for tomorrow's game anyone? Mine: 3-2 NL, with MVP being Ryan Zimmerman. Foolish and unlikely, I know, but I feel brave. Plus, the Nationals need something good to happen to them.

If I hear Chris Berman call Ryan Howard "native son" one more time i'm going to hurl.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRay View Post
Plus, the Nationals need something good to happen to them.
You mean like a reset button on the season?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxeGrinder View Post
I don't comment much on baseball, since my first love has always been hockey, but I will say that I've followed the Jays for a long time.

Pat Gillick is one of the best GMs in the game today. The Jays made a huge mistake letting him go. Ricciardi is a poor man's Cashman. The both are OK, but not great.

The Jays would be better off trading Wells with Roy. If the reason they are thinking of moving Roy is a cost cutting move or no chance of resigning him, they should accept less for Roy in exchange for unloading Wells who is due over $100 mil and will mess up the Jays ability to bring in new people for years.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Pat Gillick is one of the best GMs in the game today. The Jays made a huge mistake letting him go. Ricciardi is a poor man's Cashman. The both are OK, but not great.

The Jays would be better off trading Wells with Roy. If the reason they are thinking of moving Roy is a cost cutting move or no chance of resigning him, they should accept less for Roy in exchange for unloading Wells who is due over $100 mil and will mess up the Jays ability to bring in new people for years.
Actually Pat Gillick resigned, but it's no secret the 2 other teams we was GM of haven't been back to the playoffs since he left.

And I think the reason for possibly moving Roy Halladay is they won't be able to afford him they have pretty much the same payroll next year as they do this year but committed to 8 players.

I think they will want someone to take Wells or Rios contracts as a provision. The Phillies made the Yankees take Abreu so they can aquire Corey Lidle a few years back.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Actually Pat Gillick resigned, but it's no secret the 2 other teams we was GM of haven't been back to the playoffs since he left.

And I think the reason for possibly moving Roy Halladay is they won't be able to afford him they have pretty much the same payroll next year as they do this year but committed to 8 players.

I think they will want someone to take Wells or Rios contracts as a provision. The Phillies made the Yankees take Abreu so they can aquire Corey Lidle a few years back.

The Yanks could afford Wells and need an outfielder. Plus, we are used to over paying for players. Jeter not worth his contract. Maybe Wells will improve. He could not do worse. Does he play good defense or have an arm?

I still say
Wells and Halladay for

Melky Cabrera or Brett Gardner
Philip Hughes
Shelley Duncan
Wang or Kennedy

Who will make this trade with me?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Sorry, inter-division trades are seldom made anymore. Halladay seems most likely to go to the Phillies or the Dodgers at this time, if he is moved. On a personal note, I'd love to see my Twins make a deal for Scott Downs, as is being rumored.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
Sorry, inter-division trades are seldom made anymore. Halladay seems most likely to go to the Phillies or the Dodgers at this time, if he is moved. On a personal note, I'd love to see my Twins make a deal for Scott Downs, as is being rumored.
No offense, but that's kind of a dumb rumour, especially considering Scott Downs is the closer for the Jays, and he's doing a much better job than Ryan was doing. Why would Ricciardi pull a dumb move like that?

Oh, wait...
Old 07-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Quote:
why the hell would they trade for him? Joe Nathan is having a good year.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdraven View Post
why the hell would they trade for him? Joe Nathan is having a good year.
To be co-setup man with Matt Guerrier. We're making damn sure we don't tire him out down the stretch the way we did last year. Granted, Jason Frasor and Brandon League have also been equally mentioned in the mix. And the Twins have plenty of pitching prospects!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Quote:
To be co-setup man with Matt Guerrier. We're making damn sure we don't tire him out down the stretch the way we did last year. Granted, Jason Frasor and Brandon League have also been equally mentioned in the mix. And the Twins have plenty of pitching prospects!
What the Twins don't have is money. There is no way they can pay for Halladay or any other free agent. They are going to have all their money tied up in the 2 or 3 great players they have now. Plus, they still have a cheap ass owner. New stadium or not. They are going to need those cheap, young prospects. Any wonder why they do as well year after year. That was not sarcastic. I like the Twins model.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:53 AM
But every year they're just 1 or 2 pieces away from making a serious World Series run. We're not going after Halladay; our rotation will be fine once Kevin Slowey gets back from the DL (and barring anymore nagging injuries). But get us another 8th inning option and/or a solid second baseman (if Casilla can't regain his '08 form in what may his last chance with the team coming up), and we're a serious threat. Losing 1 or 2 high- to mid-range prospects isn't going to kill us seeing as most of our star players are locked up for the next 2-3 seasons (Mauer WILL be come this fall) and most of our pitching staff is still pre-free agency, if not pre-arbitration.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:31 PM
As a Tigers fan, Minnesota pisses me off every year. If the owner was willing to spend, they would have won a couple World Series in the past 8-10 years by now. I wish my Tigers had a deep farm system, but I just don't see it. Dombrowski emptied it making all those terrible trades the last couple of years.

People have been throwing around the idea of the Tigers sending Porcello and 2 more of our top prospects for Halladay. I would do it, but I know for a fact that the Jays can get a better package than we could offer.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Well, you can thank your new pitching coach (i.e. our old minor league pitching coordinator) for the Kitties' success this season. That said, their organization still has a problem with promoting their prospects to the big leagues too soon. You paid finally for it last year with Verlander, and I suspect the same will happen to Porcello in the next year or two. The jury's still out on Galarraga...though since the Twins have owned him since he put on a Tigers uniform, I'll be happy to see him around.

The Pohlads claim payroll will be increased now that they'll also have merchandising rights again at the new stadium next year...though I think the idea is more about being able to keep the players we already have than adding reinforcements. : ?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Te Tigers problem with their farm is that we don't have an elite fielding or hitting prospect. The major league team is consisted of a bunch of DH hitters that try to knock it out of the park everytime up. We're old and have disgustingy bloated contracts to players that don't contribute (Ordonez, Robertson, Guillen, Willis, still paying Sheffield.) Granderson should not be a leadoff hitter, or an all-star. Cabrera hasn't even impressed me this year. Yes we are definetly gonna have a second half collapse again, for the 4th year in a row.

And that's why the Twins piss me off. They usually play great down the stretch. Wouldn't be surprised to see them take it.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Yes, right on cue. The Tigers are tanking, just like I called it. Their offense is a complete joke. 2-1 losses in 4 outta 5 games. In last night's game, the last 2 batters struck out on 3 pitches each in the bottom of the 9th. We wasted a 1 hitter by Galaragga. I can't believe they extended Leyland for 2 more years. He needs to fire the hitting coach.

Buehrle threw a perfect game today. There was an insane catch in the 9th inning to prevent a HR.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labialover View Post
Yes, right on cue. The Tigers are tanking, just like I called it. Their offense is a complete joke. 2-1 losses in 4 outta 5 games. In last night's game, the last 2 batters struck out on 3 pitches each in the bottom of the 9th. We wasted a 1 hitter by Galaragga. I can't believe they extended Leyland for 2 more years. He needs to fire the hitting coach.

Buehrle threw a perfect game today. There was an insane catch in the 9th inning to prevent a HR.
Wow! The second half just started. I was not happy that the Yanks were swept by the Angels, but hardly threw in the towel. They have money and prospects. Something could happen.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Quote:
New York's 30th comeback victory of the season ended at 12:41 a.m. EDT.

Afterward, as part of their HOPE Week community service project, the Yankees hosted a mini-carnival on the field for kids with Xeroderma Pigmentosum, a rare genetic disorder that prevents people from going outdoors in daylight because any exposure to UV light causes serious burns and eventually eye and skin cancer.

The children and their families arrived from Camp Sundown after it was dark and were scheduled to have their run of the field until about 4 a.m.
That was nice of them. What a tough disease.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 PM
PERFECTION ON THE SOUTH SIDE!!!! BUEHRLE THROWS 2nd NO-HITTER!!!

Only 18th Player ever to throw a Perfect Game.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Wow! The second half just started. I was not happy that the Yanks were swept by the Angels, but hardly threw in the towel. They have money and prospects. Something could happen.
I've seen this for 3 years in a row, soon to be 4. I think they had a losing record in the second half the year they went to the World Series. They're a highly flawed team.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:31 PM
They showed some heart today.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I predict that Joe Torre will burn out his bullpen come playoff time.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Times: Manny, Ortiz tested positive in '03

By Tom Singer / MLB.com

According to lawyers who spoke to the The New York Times, and whose names were not revealed, David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez are on the list of 104 players who tested positive in Major League Baseball's 2003 survey testing for performance-enhancing drugs, testing that was agreed to and conducted only on the condition that the results would remain anonymous.

Ortiz and Ramirez were members of the Boston Red Sox at the time and helped the club end an 86-year streak in which they hadn't won a World Series.

Drug Policy in Baseball

Results from the 2003 tests, which met a threshold that led to the establishment of MLB's current drug policy that includes random testing, were never destroyed and have been the subject of spirited debate among fans and media about what should be done with the names from that period in which, under collective bargaining rules, the substances were outlawed but use did not carry the penalty of suspension. The results have become a legal issue being contested by the MLB Players Association and the federal government.

Previously, other players have been linked to the list based on leaks: Barry Bonds, Jason Grimsley, Alex Rodriguez, David Segui and Sammy Sosa. There are 97 names that remain undisclosed.

According to the Times, new information on Ortiz and Ramirez - the latter of whom, now with the Dodgers, returned earlier this month from a 50-game suspension for a subsequent violation of the game's drug policy -- sprang from interviews with persons connected to pending litigation.

Earlier Thursday, prior to posting of the story on the newspaper's Web site, Ortiz responded to questions about the 2003 tests by telling a Times reporter, "I'm not talking about that anymore. I have no comment."

Michael Weiner, the current general counsel and executive director-elect for the players union, also declined comment.

"We, of course, would have no comment and refer all comments to Major League Baseball," said Dodgers vice president of communications Josh Rawitch.

"We have no comment because Major League Baseball has no knowledge of the names that are on the list," said MLB vice president of public relations Pat Courtney.

As some names purported to be on the list have trickled out, there have been calls from some for the entire list to be revealed and allow baseball to move beyond.

In a February entry on his blog in the wake of Rodriguez's implication, former big-league pitcher Curt Schilling -- a 2004-08 teammate of Ramirez and Ortiz -- wrote, "I'd be all for the 104 positives being named, and the game moving on if that is at all possible. In my opinion, if you don't do that, then the other 600-700 players are going to be guilty by association, forever."

"We made our bed. We've got to lie on it," Cardinals pitcher Trever Miller said in June. "I would rather just get it over and move on so the future of this game doesn't have to deal with it. Let's get it out, get it over with and move on."

In its report, the Times points out that Ortiz had been let go by the Minnesota Twins following the 2002 season, and after signing a low-profile contract with the Red Sox, set personal highs with 31 home runs and 101 RBIs in 2003. Ortiz continued improving on those statistics, compiling 148 RBIs in 2005 and 54 homers the following season.

When his recent suspension was handed down on May 7, Ramirez said, "I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons."

That five-year period would extend back to 2004.

Ortiz, by contrast, had never before been connected to PEDs. Having his name surface stunned a former Twins teammate.

"This hurts, this really hurts," Torii Hunter, now of the Los Angeles Angels, told ESPN. "I don't know what to think about this. I guess you just never know what people do in the dark.

"I still love him but at the same time it's tough to hear that. I know it's going to be tough on him and tough on his family once this gets out. It's Big Papi, man, it's the big dog of Boston and he helped win two World Series with those guys, with the clutch hits. And now all those things are going to be tainted."

Ortiz had recently expressed opinions about how baseball should treat players founds to be in violation of the drug policy that went into effect in 2004. During Spring Training, Ortiz proposed that even first-time offenders be banned for a year, not the 50 games called for by the policy.

"I would suggest everybody get tested, not random, everybody. You go team by team," Ortiz had also said. "You test everybody three, four times a year and that's about it.

"I think you clean up the game by the testing. I know that if I test positive by using any kind of substance, I know that I'm going to disrespect my family, the game, the fans and everybody, and I don't want to be facing that situation."
Funny thing is, this story will probably be forgotten in a matter of days, simply because Ortiz is popular amongst basically everyone. I really don't have any feelings surrounding this steroid thing (who's done it, the releasing of names), but I find it quite pathetic that when popular, lovable players have their names released they kind of just fly under the radar after a day of media attention, whereas someone like A-Rod who has a mixed bag of fans and non-fans gets hammered for months. They're all equally as guilty. Just because Big Papi is a lovable teddy bear type character who makes people laugh doesn't mean he's any less guilty. Like I said, I don't really have any feelings on it and I could really care less if the names were released, but it just seems silly that some players are made out to be more guilty than others simply because they are not as popular amongst fans.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Why am I not surprised by this.

The onyl thing left that would surprise me now is if Pujols or Griffey are caught otherwise nothing else surprises me anymore.

I don't think this won't be forgotten fans haven't let Ramirez off the hook for the suspension earlier in the year and I don't think fans will let this go especially if both deny it.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Poor Injuns. They have Cy Young winners consecutive seasons, and they've ended up trading both in July of the following season. : ? That said, the Phillies might actually repeat.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Why am I not surprised by this.

The onyl thing left that would surprise me now is if Pujols or Griffey are caught otherwise nothing else surprises me anymore.

I don't think this won't be forgotten fans haven't let Ramirez off the hook for the suspension earlier in the year and I don't think fans will let this go especially if both deny it.
my only surprises would be Jeter, Griffey, and Greg Maddux. Pujols would upset me, but honestly, it wouldn't shock me.

Quote:
Poor Injuns. They have Cy Young winners consecutive seasons, and they've ended up trading both in July of the following season. : ? That said, the Phillies might actually repeat.
Shapiro has a great track record for trades like this... I think the Indians will be a force in about 3 years.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Holy firesale, Batman! Tribe also deals Martinez to the BoSox! I guess they won't be pursuing Mauer after all should he become a free agent after next season. I guess they'll be a non-factor in the AL Central for the next couple seasons. And I have a strong feeling the Twins are saving all their chips to put into a (very) serious run for next season.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze of course Papi and Manny were on roids. So was most of the rest of the team. It is not a surprise so many members of the team had a career year in 2004. Papi was no better than average and was injured his whole career in Minn and then he becomes superman in Boston. Bullshit. Pedro was too. Millar was too.

There was a story that came out early in the year that some nobody utility man said the Boston management came out and said that they know everyone is on something, so here is what you can do and how to do it. No one took this guy seriously. MLB should be seriously looking into this guy and Boston. This is the first time someone said anything about a team saying anything to players. Until now, doing roids or whatever has been something among players and done in secret.

I would like Curt Schilling's bloody sock tested!

The Boston fans again showed us they are the biggest bunch of scumbag fans in baseball. They cheer Papi and boo ARod on every at bat. Fuck you Boston fans!! You cheated two championships. It is only fitting that Manny was in St Louis when the story came out.