Old 07-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPuppet View Post
As somebody who loves to create stuff, whether it's working on a film or playing music, there will be times where I'll down right hate something of my own that I loved a couple days before. It's weird, but I get bouts of self-loathing of anything I make and try to find as many faults as I can so I can "fix" the problem, but some times this really just hinders my progress and isn't helpful. It happened to me just recently, I practiced with my friend who is a drummer and I was just feeling pretty down about everything even though I have really enjoyed playing the songs with him and he was playing just fine.
I have a similar problem... When I edit video, I'll spend hours to find that what I've put together looks like shit. But I stop, have a good night of sleep, and when I go back the next day I find that what I did the previous day looks great. Maybe it's fatigue, but it has now turned into a bit of a routine/tradition... Now I work until I feel like what I've done isn't right, stop, and go back to it later.
I've almost become superstitious about it; if I feel like I'm cutting well, something's not right.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME_ON View Post
I have a similar problem... When I edit video, I'll spend hours to find that what I've put together looks like shit. But I stop, have a good night of sleep, and when I go back the next day I find that what I did the previous day looks great. Maybe it's fatigue, but it has now turned into a bit of a routine/tradition... Now I work until I feel like what I've done isn't right, stop, and go back to it later.
I've almost become superstitious about it; if I feel like I'm cutting well, something's not right.
When I edit/mix music that I'm doing, same thing happens to me. I'm constantly tweaking and shifting audio levels on each track, selecting which take is better. Then, I think ANOTHER take is better and put that one in instead... it goes on for quite a while.
So, I take a break and come back to it a little later with a "fresher" mind and that helps a lot.

Oh! And, uhm... I can bend my fingers back and touch my arm, because I'm double jointed. I can almost bend a finger far enough to touch the back of my hand.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:13 AM
I tend to twich my arm a lot when i do too much scrolling down on a site.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 AM
I hate being in a room with the door open, even if it's just a crack I'll walk over and shut it, particularly bugs me when I'm trying to watch a movie.

I hate mobile phones. I do have one, but I only ever take it anywhere when I KNOW I'm going to need to use it, hearing other people talking on their phones annoys the living hell out of me.

At every cinema I go to regularly I have a particular seat that I try to sit in, central, two thirds back. I went with a friend a while back and he wanted to sit three rows further forward, I didn't get comfortable at all during that screening.

I had two liver transplants when I was 11, so I don't drink, ever. I'm used to it, but it's fucking irritating to have to explain it. Not looking forward to that conversation at university.

I get VERY nervous in social situations, especially around women I'm attracted to. I'm usualy talkative, articulate and pretty funny, but in large gatherings I go very quiet and generally find myself a corner to sit in. No wonder I'm fucking single, eh?

I have almost no spacial awareness, I'm very bad at catching, my handwriting is pretty poor, and I've decided not to learn to drive because I'd be a danger to myself and others.

I'm only five feet seven tall, but without my glasses I can't see my own feet.

And anywhere but here the fact that I've seen something over 7000 movies is considered odd. That's why I love this place.

Last edited by SAI; 07-29-2009 at 09:32 AM..
Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Hmm.

-I probably wash my hand over 30 times a day.
-The sight of a needle piercing skin, not just mine makes me physically sick.
-I have vomited after every funeral I have ever been to (including the one I was at last week).
-I despise onions. The taste, the smell, the texture...just an awful "food'.
-uhh. I am a vegetarian?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer581 View Post
-uhh. I am a vegetarian?
Freak

I jest, of course, but for me if there's not some meat involved then its not really food.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAI View Post
I'm only five feet seven tall, but without my glasses I can't see my own feet.

And anywhere but here the fact that I've seen something over 7000 movies is considered odd. That's why I love this place.
ummm..if 5'7 is short then Im almost a midget...im 5'4 and my eldest aunt is about 4'10-to maybe-5'0

I love movies and feel weird going to the theatre alone, havent yet, but going to when I have money again.....and none of my friends like or have seen as many movies as I...probobly not as many as you guys have and that, makes me pretty happy....I wish I could find somebody who, in person tho, liked movies tooo

oh and when I go to the theatre, I HAVE to see the previews...I just do

I like blood or bleeding, Im not a vampire or anything tho
but I dont like needles

Im really interested only in reading about serial killers...
-if im not interested in the book I have a hard time reading
-and most of the time I cant find any books im really interested in, but i do like to read.

I cant stand the thought of rotten food, or the fact that the food may be going bad...
I recently in the last couple of years become lactose intolerant, but before that, I wouldnt drink the milk if it was three days bfore the experation date....luckily soy milk lasts forever
experation dates play a big role in the decision to eat anything....definently love fresh food.

im constantly in my head...always thinking

i dont like to eat onions, but like the way they make things taste

I dont like Mayonayse at all, but will eat in in potatoe salad

im an odd person and that probably only scratches the surface...

Last edited by SchizoidManiac; 07-30-2009 at 01:23 AM.. Reason: just 4 scuz
Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Surprisingly I suffer from quite a few of what has already been posted.

The Restless Legs thing, I have it happen every once in awhile and damn is it ever annoying but four days ago I quit smoking and holy shit every night I've had it. Fuck I don't know if I should cry, scream or eat the fridge right now!

I'm Agoraphobic, the last two years or so I've gotten alot better and can now travel further but at one point I couldn't leave my house.

I will not eat something unless I know what the exp date is.

I have to have my own milk jug because I can't break the habit of drinking from it.

I get really mad if I have to repeat myself yet I tend to mumble.

My Boyfriend thinks I'm odd because I fold my underwear
Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgirl1979 View Post

My Boyfriend thinks I'm odd because I fold my underwear
underwear is not suppose to be folded?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:17 AM
I eat Ketchup out of the bottle.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoidManiac View Post
underwear is not suppose to be folded?
That's what I said to him, me thinks he's the odd one.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoidManiac View Post
ummm..if 5'7 is short then Im almost a midget...im 5'4 and my eldest aunt is about 4'10-to maybe-5'0
With that I was really making reference to how bad my eyesight is, 5'7 really isn't a massive height to look down from, and not to be able to see my feet from there is, i think, kinda extreme.

Last edited by SAI; 07-31-2009 at 04:14 AM..
Old 07-31-2009, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAI View Post
With that I was really making reference to how bad my eyesight is, 5'7 really isn't a massive height to look down from, and to be able to see my feet from there is, i think, kinda extreme.
oh

doesnt change the fact that im short....
Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgirl1979 View Post
That's what I said to him, me thinks he's the odd one.
Does he also make comments about when your bra color doesn't match your underwear?