Old 07-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

The follow up to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies has been announced, publishers Quirk Classics say the book adds "all-new scenes of giant lobsters, rampaging octopi, two-headed sea serpents, swashbuckling pirates, and other seaworthy creatures." to Austen's original and that "Instead of featuring 85% of Austenís work and 15% new text as in Pride And Prejudice And Zombies, Sense And Sensibility And Sea Monsters features 60% Austen and 40% additional monster chaos!"

I enjoyed Pride and Prejudice and Zombies a great deal, but this just doesn't grab me the same way. Any thoughts on this, or ideas for the next in the series (How about Emma and Ebola)
Old 07-17-2009, 05:30 PM
I looked up Pride & Prejudice & Zombies on Amazon and that sounds like some pretty funny shit. I'm not into Jane Austin, otherwise it would probably be an instant buy.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:53 PM
I've been meaning to pick up Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I feel I should read that first for some reason.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Would these books be any good if I have never read the original Jane Austen works?
Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 AM
I looked for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies in my local Books a Million for days...kept checking back in. They never got it in.

I still need to read that...
Old 07-30-2009, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Would these books be any good if I have never read the original Jane Austen works?
I think you'll be fine. You just need to have a general idea about the time period that both stories take part in. A quick Wiki search will do it.