#1  
Old 07-25-2009, 02:19 PM
official comic book vs. thread

orginal vs:

flash (wally west) vs. wolverine

who would win this?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-27-2009, 10:21 AM
i'm not even sure how a fight between them could even go so i have no idea. But i would say Wolverine since all Flash might do is try to run away?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Perhaps Flash...Unless Wolverine catches him off-guard.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-27-2009, 07:43 PM
I think Flash by whatever he wants. Flash can vibrate fast enough to phase through matter and cleared out an entire city after a nuke had already been detonated but before the explosion killed everyone.

Wolverine can be hurt. Flash could throw him into space, drop him into a volcano, etc. Tornado level winds (approx. 300mph) have been known to embed straws into trees. When Flash smashes Wolverine with a steel rod (for example) at near light speed, even adamantium will start to give.

Wolverine can't win this. He can only lose a decision or, if Flash is creative enough, be maimed.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
I think Flash by whatever he wants. Flash can vibrate fast enough to phase through matter and cleared out an entire city after a nuke had already been detonated but before the explosion killed everyone.

Wolverine can be hurt. Flash could throw him into space, drop him into a volcano, etc. Tornado level winds (approx. 300mph) have been known to embed straws into trees. When Flash smashes Wolverine with a steel rod (for example) at near light speed, even adamantium will start to give.

Wolverine can't win this. He can only lose a decision or, if Flash is creative enough, be maimed.
huh, learn something new everyday
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-30-2009, 03:20 AM
Ya the Flash moves too fast, and unlike Superman actually uses his super speed in creative ways.

The Flash definitely wins.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Shall we move onto a new 'vs.'?


I don't recall if they've ever been pitted against one another in a comic but:

Batman vs. Daredevil


I think Bullseye showed up in a Batman comic. He was one of the few who has made him miss. Who would win between Bats and DD?


I'm a bit tired, so I'll come back later to give my nonsensical musings.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Batman vs Daredevil would be a pretty epic fight. As always with Batman, the question is does he have time to prepare?

No time to prepare I would say it's an equal fight. But if Batman was ready for him he would probably whoop some blind ass.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Yeah. Would Batman know he's up against a blind guy with super-enhanced senses? If he knew that I'm certain he could manage an ass-whuppin'. I mean, he'd have to be pretty fuckin' loud to sort've 'weaken' Daredevil, for example.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
I think Flash by whatever he wants. Flash can vibrate fast enough to phase through matter and cleared out an entire city after a nuke had already been detonated but before the explosion killed everyone.

Wolverine can be hurt. Flash could throw him into space, drop him into a volcano, etc. Tornado level winds (approx. 300mph) have been known to embed straws into trees. When Flash smashes Wolverine with a steel rod (for example) at near light speed, even adamantium will start to give.

Wolverine can't win this. He can only lose a decision or, if Flash is creative enough, be maimed.
you are very wise... very few people could bang with the Flash.

Batman waxes Daredevil. I don't think he needs time to prepare. Batman can make adjustments in the fight, and Daredevil has a lot of weaknesses for Batman to exploit. He'll figure it out in about 40 seconds.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Yeah. Would Batman know he's up against a blind guy with super-enhanced senses? If he knew that I'm certain he could manage an ass-whuppin'.
Exactly.

If Batman were to find out Daredevil is blind, its gameover. Which is considerably a very bad match up for daredevil because this is Batman's area of specialty, analyzing his enemies and being known as one of the world's greatest detectives.

Even if this just came to an all out fist fight Batman still has the upper hand. Daredevil only being a skilled martial Artist while Batman is a master of 12 different martial arts and is one of the top hand to hand fighters in DC.

Batman takes this.

Last edited by SL Dubbs; 07-31-2009 at 12:27 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-31-2009, 12:36 AM
Thor



Vs.


Superman


Last edited by SL Dubbs; 07-31-2009 at 12:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-31-2009, 01:43 AM
Thor is a god. He is probably stronger. Has borderline magical powers.

Superman has the speed, and his most powerful weapon is his heat vision. Superman could probably take more of a beating than Thor too.

As long as the writers didn't pull some sort of ancient Norse magical power out of Thor's ass I would have to say Superman.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I'd have to say THOR. That hammer has alot of power behind it. Close fight though.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Gotta go with Thor, he is a god fourfukksayke.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Thor is a god. He is probably stronger. Has borderline magical powers.

Superman has the speed, and his most powerful weapon is his heat vision. Superman could probably take more of a beating than Thor too.

As long as the writers didn't pull some sort of ancient Norse magical power out of Thor's ass I would have to say Superman.
Odin is dead. Thor now has the Odin force and he would be the one wrecking superman's ass.

If it was Superman Prime, Thor would portal dump Superboy prime (superman prime now) into another dimension and think that was it for the day. Superboy prime would then punch an interdimensional hole and get right back into Thor's face, culminating in Thor taking a monstrous ass whooping.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Surfer, Dr. Strange and Thor (with the odin force) would all stomp superman.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Lobo




VS.


Silver Surfer

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
orginal vs:

flash (wally west) vs. wolverine

who would win this?
i disagree...everyone is betting on Flash, but the answer is: NOBODY wins...

Wolverine cannot be stopped. No matter the damage that he takes, he cannot be killed...it has been explained that it would take a disintegration of every molecule in his body to kill him...if any tiniest of pieces is left, he will regenerate...so I ask...how would Flash beat him?

STALEMATE

Batman beats 'Devil (I mean, c'mon...he's beaten the snot out of both Supes and Spawn on multiple occasions)

Surfer beats Lobo...the cosmic could evaporate his molecules into antimatter.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-03-2009, 02:13 AM
Flash wouldn't have to kill him, to beat him
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-04-2009, 09:56 AM
then what exactly could he do to him to be considered to have won?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
i disagree...everyone is betting on Flash, but the answer is: NOBODY wins...

Wolverine cannot be stopped. No matter the damage that he takes, he cannot be killed...it has been explained that it would take a disintegration of every molecule in his body to kill him...if any tiniest of pieces is left, he will regenerate...so I ask...how would Flash beat him?
Would Wolverine survive in space? I mean, if he were just thrown there, no external oxygen or anything. That's a way to beat Wolverine, I guess. Someone suggested it in another post.


Quote:
Batman beats 'Devil (I mean, c'mon...he's beaten the snot out of both Supes and Spawn on multiple occasions)
Forgive my ignorance on most things that are Superman. Did he beat Supes on his own or did he use kryptonite to weaken him?

I think it would be an even fight until Batman figues out that Daredevil doesn't like loud and I imagine he would.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
Wolverine cannot be stopped. No matter the damage that he takes, he cannot be killed...it has been explained that it would take a disintegration of every molecule in his body to kill him...if any tiniest of pieces is left, he will regenerate...
Unless this is a new recent development this only ever happened once and it wasn't cause of anything Wolverine did himself. It was one of the Annuals i think but i'm not sure, it's in one of my Essentials. He was almost completely destroyed but a drop of his blood hit some crazy crystal (not sure which one but it wasn't the Em'kron) and it completely remakes him into a god like being before he gives up that power.

His healing factor isn't fool proof and has it's limits. Just look at the time Magneto ripped all his adamantium out. His healing factor went into overdrive just to keep him alive in a comma and then stopped working altogether for a period of time (months i think).

So i really hope ppl get over this whole Wolverine is invincible trip cause he's not and in fact outside of Claremonts run he's pretty much a joke who rushes in, get's his ass handed to him, then the rest of the team works together to save the day. This is especially done in Ultimate but that book blows balls these days anyways

But in the end i won't say who would win cause i know very little of the Flash cause i don't read DC comics really. But to say the Wolverine totally unstoppable is ridiculous. And as Mopar said Flash doesn't have to kill him to win.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-04-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post

So i really hope ppl get over this whole Wolverine is invincible trip cause he's not and in fact outside of Claremonts run he's pretty much a joke who rushes in, get's his ass handed to him, then the rest of the team works together to save the day. This is especially done in Ultimate but that book blows balls these days anyways
I have to say it: Oh, snap!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
His healing factor went into overdrive just to keep him alive in a comma
wow...

your fanboy factor just went into overdrive and put me in a coma.

I have seen Wolverine's heart taken out...I have seen Havoc blast him full barrel leaving JUST skeletal remains...he comes back.

Quote:
So i really hope ppl get over this whole Wolverine is invincible trip cause he's not
and this has been proven by all of the times that Wolverine has been killed?...it is an unquantifiable argument. In fact, Wally West deaths = 1...Wolverine = 0, I believe.

furthermore, I said it would be a stalemate, unless someone could figure a way that one could defeat the other, which nobody has, except "throw Wolverine into space" (can Flash do that?)

now, that being said, and having little Flash knowledge myself, I did some research...Wally currently can move at close to the speed of light...if that is the case, and since mass multiplies with velocity, a full speed punch from him would literally be like getting hit with an atomic bomb. So...theoretically, he could punch a whole right through Superman, making him the most powerful force in comics.
Still, the limits of Wolverine's healing factor have never really been tested, so it is impossible to say what would kill him, and without parameters of what "winning" is, it cannot really be said one way or the other.


anyway...

next...

Hulk vs. Doomsday.

I give it to Doomsy, because of Hulk's MAJOR weakness...his alter ego.

Last edited by TheCanadian; 12-04-2009 at 10:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
wow...

your fanboy factor just went into overdrive and put me in a coma.
Nice one, so my "fan boy factor" is so huge cause i gave the one example that destroys your one example? really? Again nice one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
I have seen Wolverine's heart taken out...I have seen Havoc blast him full barrel leaving JUST skeletal remains...he comes back.
Funny how that's still not him getting reduced to a single molecule and coming back which is the claim you made as to why Flash could never beat him, i know i laughed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
and this has been proven by all of the times that Wolverine has been killed?...it is an unquantifiable argument. In fact, Wally West deaths = 1...Wolverine = 0, I believe.
Futhermore this means anything because? Wolverine and Flash come from completely different universes with completely different (or for the most part) villians. To measure how good one is just cause the other has died 1 more time is bullshit. That's like saying fucking Moon Knight is better then the Flash cause he's never been killed (just a random lame hero there, not sure if MK has died or not in the past, cause he's lame).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
furthermore, I said it would be a stalemate, unless someone could figure a way that one could defeat the other, which nobody has, except "throw Wolverine into space" (can Flash do that?)

now, that being said, and having little Flash knowledge myself, I did some research...Wally currently can move at close to the speed of light...if that is the case, and since mass multiplies with velocity, a full speed punch from him would literally be like getting hit with an atomic bomb. So...theoretically, he could punch a whole right through Superman, making him the most powerful force in comics.
Ok so with this the fight starts Wolverine has no idea where flash is cause he's running at the speed of light and punches Wolverine in the side of the head liquifying his brain. Sure Wolverine could recover from that but in that fight Flash is the winner. See what i'm getting at here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
Still, the limits of Wolverine's healing factor have never really been tested, so it is impossible to say what would kill him, and without parameters of what "winning" is, it cannot really be said one way or the other.
Are you mental? I just posted above that the limit was reached when Magneto ripped the adamantium from his bones through every pore of his skin. He almost died and went into a comma. His healing factor stopped working, COMPLETELY. His first time back in the danger room he pops his now jagged bone claws and screams and passed out from the pain. This is the limits of his healing factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
anyway...

next...

Hulk vs. Doomsday.

I give it to Doomsy, because of Hulk's MAJOR weakness...his alter ego.
Yeah i'd have to say Doomday as well. Personally i'm leaning more towards the poison on his knuckles/claws does something nasty to Hulk.... though it might just make him angrier, lol.

Ok wait i got one for you on this, Doomsday vs "World War Hulk" Hulk epic! lol.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-06-2009, 12:06 AM
I haven't kept up with comics for a while, but there are just way too many iterations of the Hulk for there to be an easy answer to this.

In general, I'd probably say Doomsday. He fought Superman to a relative standstill, and he's evolved significantly since then. But I think the Hulk that dusted Onslaught (when Jean removed Bruce Banner from his mind so he fought without any restraint) would probably beat any one in a physical fight, including Doomsday. I don't think the Hulk that just gets stronger as he gets madder will be able to handle Doomsday. I don't know jack about Hulk in the Ultimate stuff, though, so I could be way off base.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I haven't kept up with comics for a while, but there are just way too many iterations of the Hulk for there to be an easy answer to this.
we'll narrow.

post-World War Hulk, Hulk...who is (i believe) thus-far unstopped/unstoppable...vs. Doomsday, with his power of evolving immunity...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
we'll narrow.

post-World War Hulk, Hulk...who is (i believe) thus-far unstopped/unstoppable...vs. Doomsday, with his power of evolving immunity...
I think the evolving immunity thing is to do with him dying, but i can't recall, havne't read that one since it came out. But I really think WWH Hulk could take him as he was all about tactics and out smarting your opponent.

When Doomsday beat Super Man, for the most part, it was just a brawl with Doomsday coming out on top. Batman has proven on several occasions that Sups has no idea how to actaully fight cause he's so strong he doesn't need to learn how. Which until WWH was pretty much what Hulk was like but even less intellegent. Pit the intellegent and experienced WWH Hulk vs Doomsday and i think Hulk comes out on top.

But that poison is still a wild card me thinks
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
I think the evolving immunity thing is to do with him dying, but i can't recall, havne't read that one since it came out. But I really think WWH Hulk could take him as he was all about tactics and out smarting your opponent.

When Doomsday beat Super Man, for the most part, it was just a brawl with Doomsday coming out on top. Batman has proven on several occasions that Sups has no idea how to actaully fight cause he's so strong he doesn't need to learn how. Which until WWH was pretty much what Hulk was like but even less intellegent. Pit the intellegent and experienced WWH Hulk vs Doomsday and i think Hulk comes out on top.

But that poison is still a wild card me thinks
I think Doomsday was recently granted sentience, and even intelligence (maybe?), by Luthor and co...

his evolution powers grant him (supposed) immunity to anything that has killed him before, and his battle with Supes was when he was less evolved, and was very reminiscent to WWH's battle with Sentry, in style and finish...tough call...

I still say Hulk is the strongest there is!...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
I'd go with World War Hulk by a very small margin
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-07-2009, 11:02 AM
ok...

my buddy posed this to me, so I cannot take credit, but ultimate dreamfight.


Captain America (Rogers, of course) vs. Ozymandias (Adrian Veidt)


who wins...and why?

*Edit* I give the advantage to Ozy, btw.

Last edited by TheCanadian; 12-07-2009 at 11:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
ok...

my buddy posed this to me, so I cannot take credit, but ultimate dreamfight.


Captain America (Rogers, of course) vs. Ozymandias (Adrian Veidt)


who wins...and why?

*Edit* I give the advantage to Ozy, btw.
Damn it, i was going to suggest this but with Batman instead of Cap.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Well I have only seen Watchmen, not read the books, but in a fist fight Id say Captain America wins hands down.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Well I have only seen Watchmen, not read the books, but in a fist fight Id say Captain America wins hands down.
heh, yeah needless to say Ozymandias's fighting skill and physical prowess is jsut one of the things that did not translate into the movie. Come to think of it, i haven't seen it since it's theatrical release, does he even get into much of a fight with Night Owl and Rosch' in the movie?

It would be interesting. While Cap has him beat on the physical end of it Ozymandias could out think him. But even then it's hard to tell as Ozzy had years for his plan to come about and when he first meets the Comedian he losses the fight.

I'd have to say Cap as well. He just seems more like the get the job done then and there type guy so Ozzy's intellect might not factor in as much. Though if he had time to prepare...... but then again that leans to why i was going to put Batman in this fight, heh.

Cap ftw!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
then what exactly could he do to him to be considered to have won?
Flash could use his infinite mass punch and put wolverine into orbit out in the middle of space.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I say Captain America by a long shot
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
So i really hope ppl get over this whole Wolverine is invincible trip cause he's not and in fact outside of Claremonts run he's pretty much a joke who rushes in, get's his ass handed to him, then the rest of the team works together to save the day. This is especially done in Ultimate but that book blows balls these days anyways
Wolverine by default gets way too much love. People who read comics know that he is a small fish. The x-men movies have already influenced people into thinking Wolverine was some uber comic badass. Fact is, wolverine is on the bottom rung of comic book badasses.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Wolverine certainly isn't the most powerful super hero, but he is probably the second most popular Marvel character behind Spider-man. And we all know the more fanboys you have the more powerful your super hero is. *cough* Looking at you Batman. *cough*
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
Wolverine by default gets way too much love. People who read comics know that he is a small fish. The x-men movies have already influenced people into thinking Wolverine was some uber comic badass. Fact is, wolverine is on the bottom rung of comic book badasses.
he was getting reduced to nothing more than an adamantium skeleton and regenning long before the movies came out...
And I don't believe that Flash can infinite mass punch someone into space...has that ever been done?

anyway.
Ozy vs. Cap...I give to Ozy, and here's why;

First of all...we are talking Ozy from the comics, not the movie.
He was NEVER less than one step ahead of everyone else...he out thought a "god"...he is SMART enough to catch a bullet...not fast enough...but smart enough.
Cap has him on strength and tactical skills...but that means nothing when Ozy is so smart he knows what move you are going to make before you do.
He never lost a bit of that edge...not even at the end.

And, while he can catch bullets, Cap was caught by one, but that is another argument altogether.

I have Ozy (way) over Batman also, but that leads to what I think may be a more even fight...Cap vs. the bat.

Another question...regarding Cap's shield....It is made to absorb 100% vibration, if I remember correctly (meaning he could pretty much be hit by a train, and the shield would absorb the entire impact)...if that is true, how could he use it as a weapon?
Has it ever been explained, or is it one of those things we are just accepting?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump