Old 12-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Spider Man Vs. Batman

OK so these are my 2 fav hero characters from Marvel and DC. Both are very smart and agile and have somewhat their own fighting style. This would be an epic fight and could easily happen in a universe cross over of some sort, i meen how many times has Spidey been framed for one crime or another?

Frankly i think Spidey would win the throw down. I have my reasons but the shall remain hiddden for now

Discuss.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Spiderman would definitely win.

P.S. There is already a thread on this subject here.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:18 AM
There was a Batman/Spiderman crossover in the 90's, a one shot. They barked at eachother but I don't think they really fought. The villians were Joker and Carnage. Had Mark Bagley artwork, it was a'right.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 PM
SpiderMan would win. Batty could set up all the traps he wants. But Spidey has his spidersense. He can detect trouble before it hits him. Spiderman has superpowers. Batman doesnt. Spidey wins.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratlehed View Post
SpiderMan would win. Batty could set up all the traps he wants. But Spidey has his spidersense. He can detect trouble before it hits him. Spiderman has superpowers. Batman doesnt. Spidey wins.

Batman would research the cause of Venom's immunity and synthesize something to mask his presence. Spider-sense schmidersense.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I'd have to say Spider-Man would win.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger^Cart View Post
Batman would research the cause of Venom's immunity and synthesize something to mask his presence. Spider-sense schmidersense.
lol with the current story that would involve Bats going around draining the fluids out of Cancer victims or something to that effect lol.

But Bats can block the spider sense and it won't make that much of a difference. He's lost it several times before, most notably when fighting either the Green or Hob goblin, and has still come out on top.

The big thing Spidey has going for him is simply his wits and general fighting style. Spidey has developed his own style of fighting with all his fliping and usuing pretty much any surface to bounce off from meens it couldbe difficult for Bats to even get a handle on him.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
considering in the comics Batman whooped up on Supermans ass,

i highly doubt Spider-man could touch him. He may be crafty, but its fucking Batman.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlin67 View Post
considering in the comics Batman whooped up on Supermans ass,

i highly doubt Spider-man could touch him. He may be crafty, but its fucking Batman.
the one problem with this argument is that the only way Bats EVER beats Superman (as far as i know anyways) is cause he has Kryptonite in some form or another with him which as we all know makes Superman as helpless as a baby depending on exposure. I'm sure that if there were anytime that they do an elseworld story of Superman just going crazy and kill a ton of ppl i'd put my money on him taking out Bats before anyone knows whats gonig on and before he could even reach for that ring.

Spiderman on the other hand has no weakness like this.

challenge!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Either way

This is not the best fight to watch, since one Spider-punch would end it (meaning, for the sake of interest, Batman would spend his time dodging), but most certainly entertaining to discuss. Batman has superior training and experience. He's also a better strategist (Spidey's above average, Batman's genius-level. He's outsmarted Lex Luthor repeatedly. Luthor's a level nine intellect. Brainiac's only twelve!). But, Spidey has all the physical advantages, which could *SUPPLEMENT* his intellect (not replace it), making up for the difference. Batman would also need to see him as a threat. If he underestimates ol' Web-Head, Spidey's got this in the bag! Basically, it would require prior knowledge, and a fair amount of planning for Batman to stand a fair chance. Spidey's 40 times faster than a non-metahuman (DC lingo), and, by most estimates, he's more than 26 times stronger! He also has an aerial advantage, not only with his webbing, but his wall-crawling. On a first meet? Spidey. on number two or three? Bats. Especially since Batman would be willing to blind Spidey (Spider-sense would kepp things at least difficult, since it allows him to navigate fully furnished rooms in complete darkness. Be like DD's Radar Sense.)

Last edited by Batfan1939; 10-25-2008 at 01:03 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 10-25-2008, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
lol with the current story that would involve Bats going around draining the fluids out of Cancer victims or something to that effect lol.
I know... I know... A year later, and I'm replying.

What's that got to do with anything? I know what story you refer to, I think. (The Hunger?).

Wouldn't Bruce have to don the symbiote to get that spider sense immunity? lol
Old 10-25-2008, 11:57 PM
First round may go to Spider-man. If Batman is caught off guard he can be beaten. And Spider-man really stands the best chance at doing that.

Now on the other hand. You only get one shot at Batman. He always learns and will come back more than prepared. At that point Spidey would go down.

But this would also probably be one of those retared team up books were the superheroes fight over jack shit, realise they're all heroes, kick the crap out of the villian-of-the-month, then i dunno, jack each other off.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Batman
Old 11-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
I know... I know... A year later, and I'm replying.

What's that got to do with anything? I know what story you refer to, I think. (The Hunger?).

Wouldn't Bruce have to don the symbiote to get that spider sense immunity? lol
actually i messed that one up. its the symbiote needing a chemical that comes from the spider sense that can also be found in cancer patients apparently to sustain itself. Yeah it was from Hunger, good call, heh. Man i remeber back in his monthly/continual limited serise when they said he had to consume some sort of chemical that comes from Human brains to keep the symbiote sane, but taht lucky it can also be found in choclate bars lol. Ah the good ol' days when Venom was a government Secret Agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mattimeo View Post
then i dunno, jack each other off.
now that wouldn't happen, what would Robin get to do?
Old 11-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Batman is much better spider man is a cry baby !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:13 PM
If we're talking in terms of strength (Spider-Man's)...then maybe we should point out a couple things first with Batmans fights:

Batman vs. Bane

Batman vs. Killer Croc

Batman vs. Clayface

Batman vs. Superman

And Batman has always come on top (backbreaking aside). Agility? What about Catwoman? Sure, not as agile as Spidey, but agile nonetheless. If we're talking in terms of brilliance and genius...well, there's a bit of a fumble as Spider-Man is a genius scientifically. Batman is more or less an extremely intelligent crime solver. Sure he's intelligent elsewhere (borderline genius), and also in sciences...but Spidey has him beat as far as scientific intellect goes.

Tough battle through and through.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
If we're talking in terms of strength (Spider-Man's)...then maybe we should point out a couple things first with Batmans fights:

Batman vs. Bane

Batman vs. Killer Croc

Batman vs. Clayface

Batman vs. Superman

And Batman has always come on top (backbreaking aside). Agility? What about Catwoman? Sure, not as agile as Spidey, but agile nonetheless. If we're talking in terms of brilliance and genius...well, there's a bit of a fumble as Spider-Man is a genius scientifically. Batman is more or less an extremely intelligent crime solver. Sure he's intelligent elsewhere (borderline genius), and also in sciences...but Spidey has him beat as far as scientific intellect goes.

Tough battle through and through.
Out of those 4 Clay and Croc are more bruisers then anything. I still don't think Bats has ever tried to take Sups without some form of Kryptonite on hand so Bane is the only one that stands up me thinks.

As for the catwoman stuff, yes she is agile but she's still only a regular person who can't use her agility to the same extent as Spider man what with his ability to stick to walls and having his spider sense.

I think it would come down to time. IF Bats had enough time to learn Spider Man in and out then yes he could take him out. But if they just met up randomly in a dark alley and threw down i say Spidey ends up the victor.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Batman's strengths: his intelligence, his ability to learn and adapt, and his gadgets.

Spider-Man's strengths: his intelligence, his ability to learn and adapt, his spider sense, his strength, and his sheer fucking will.

They share two main points, but overall, Spidey's coming out on top. Sure, Batman's beaten Superman repeatedly (but Big Blue's a whiny bitch anyway), but he's always had that little green rock to even the playing field. Against the other top cards in the DCU, he's only sucker punched Hal Jordan and gotten his mind handed to him by the Justice League. Spidey, on the other hand, has gone toe to toe with the Hulk, Wolverine, Iron Man, and even bested the Fantastic Four when he was just starting out. This fight's a no-brainer, gents. My money's on the guy with the bug on his chest.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:50 AM
This is one of the more difficult ones to decide actually.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:48 PM
batman is smarter and adapts better, but spidey is also very smart, can also adapt and is alot stronger, plus has his webs and agility. i think its an easy win for spidey.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash_4_Prez View Post
Batman's strengths: his intelligence, his ability to learn and adapt, and his gadgets.

Spider-Man's strengths: his intelligence, his ability to learn and adapt, his spider sense, his strength, and his sheer fucking will.
The one thing wrong with that statement is the fact that "sheer fucking will" is way more true of Batman than of Spidey. If Spiderman didn't have his powers he sure as hell wouldn't be fighting crime. He'd work in a lab somewhere or be a computer geek.

Batman has no power except his intellect, extreme fight training..he knows everything...and his will to fight crime. He has way more will power and mental discipline than Spidey. Plus....he studies everything about the other person. Look at Tower of Babel...he had a file on EVERYONE with every single weakness they had and how to bring them down.

The only way Batman would lose is if he was taken by surprise. They meet a 2nd time...Spidey goes down pretty quickly.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopmish View Post
The one thing wrong with that statement is the fact that "sheer fucking will" is way more true of Batman than of Spidey. If Spiderman didn't have his powers he sure as hell wouldn't be fighting crime. He'd work in a lab somewhere or be a computer geek.

Batman has no power except his intellect, extreme fight training..he knows everything...and his will to fight crime. He has way more will power and mental discipline than Spidey. Plus....he studies everything about the other person. Look at Tower of Babel...he had a file on EVERYONE with every single weakness they had and how to bring them down.

The only way Batman would lose is if he was taken by surprise. They meet a 2nd time...Spidey goes down pretty quickly.

Id like to disagree and say theres an issue of WHAT IF?" where flash thompson is bitten by the spider and becomes a villain, and peter parker makes a suit and defeats him.

Not entirely sure if thats considered canon, but its there.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Batman's just got so much more intellect and experience. Spidey is book smart, but Batman is logic smart. He can literally outwit anyone (or atleast any "sane" person). Parker would put up a good fight, but if Wayne knows that he's going up against the webhead beforehand, its game, set, match, my friends.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Batman even though I'm more of a Marvel fan.

Batman has the combat intelligence, training, and gadgets.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Here's the thing: Spider-Man has the relative strength of a spider. Meaning he can pick up cars and hit you with them. He has in the past, he does it presently, and will do it again someday. Meaning one punch from him can kill any normal person.

Batman's the better character, but in a fight?? Come on, ppl.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:47 PM
^^^^^^^^

Well that's the thing isn't it, Spiderman should have no enemys at all and should have killed them by now, but he doesn't use his powers to do such things
Old 05-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralEye View Post
we romanticize Batman because of how awesome he is, but you're absolutely right. Spidey easy win.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Spiderman could probably kill the average person with one punch due to his enhanced strength. All it would take would be one punch or kick to connect and the fight would be over. But hell, it's just like MMA...anything can happen.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:10 AM
Spiderman, and it's not even close.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralEye View Post
Here's the thing: Spider-Man has the relative strength of a spider. Meaning he can pick up cars and hit you with them. He has in the past, he does it presently, and will do it again someday. Meaning one punch from him can kill any normal person.

yeah. because batmans just going to walk up to him and attempt a fist fight.

you guys seem to forget there IS NO better planner to a fight than Bruce Wayne. Kraven is childs play compared to Batmans work. He would find a way to stop the spider sense, because hes that damn good and hes got the money (something Peter doesnt have), and he would bring enough tricks up his sleeve to whoop Peters ass.