Old 08-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Is there a consensus on....

Peeing in the shower?

A friend of mine posted an article on facebook that sparked a highly defensive, Costanza-like silent debate in my mind and made me wonder if the act is actually either expressly forbidden, totally fine and dandy or allowed but with a few ground rules?

Btw, I'm of the far latter.

Here's the article in case you're curious: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...n-shower-rules
Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Ya know, as long as you take regular care of your shower, you can wee in it as much as you please. However, I make it a point not to wee in anybody else's shower because it's their house and I should not mark it as my territory with my urine.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm not a fan of doing it but I'm not ready to go to war for my belief on the topic.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Um, never done it...probably never will. But if you have or do hey more power to ya...I guess.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:47 AM
(in my best Martin Lawerance voice) "OHHHHH HEEEEEELLLLLL NAAAAAAH!!"

Peeing in the shower is a huge no-no for me.

Were you people raised by wolves???

What baffles me is usually the toliet is less than a meter away from the shower. So why the fuck wouldnt someone just step out of the shower and use the toliet?

Its incredibly unsanitary too.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Some people with overactive bladders can't help it. As soon as the water hits them they have to go. I'm ok with it if it's in your own house, and as long as you aim directly for the drain.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post

Yes, my wolf relatives were ashamed of my insistence of using a shower to clean myself.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Quote:

What baffles me is usually the toliet is less than a meter away from the shower. So why the fuck wouldnt someone just step out of the shower and use the toliet?

How the hell is it unsantiary? all the water that goes through the drain is later recycled and then filtered.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Eh, I don't do it. I try to make sure I've done my 'business' before i need to hop in there. If nature happens to call, I hop right back out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Yes, my wolf relatives were ashamed of my insistence of using a shower to clean myself.
Man, that's rough.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post

Man, that's rough.
Somehow, they still found a way to love me!

Off topic: electriclite what happened to your Scully avatar? It was probably my favorite Schmoe avatar ever.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 AM
Quote:

I think it's more unsanitary to step out because you haven't finished your wash cycle and you have to dirty up your towel to dry off and use the toilet.

Now peeing from the shower to the toilet, that's a game.

Standing in the shower... thinking.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 AM
I generally have 'a go' on the loo before I begin my cleaning regime, BUT...

I've peed in my own shower on a few occasions. I don't get how it's "incredibly unsanitary" considering that it goes straight down the drain usually followed by lots of soap, shampoo etc.

I've never paddled in a puddle of potent urine.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:36 AM
Does anyone else pee when taking a bath?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homyrrh View Post
Does anyone else pee when taking a bath?
Hey, ya gotta go, ya gotta go.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:18 AM
I wee in the shower all of the time. I mean, c'mon now. Some folks actually get out of the shower, dry off and go to the can to take a piss. I've never done that... hahahaha....

I'd never wee in a bath though. Not that I ever take a bath. Anyone ever poop in the shower?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I wee in the shower all of the time. I mean, c'mon now. Some folks actually get out of the shower, dry off and go to the can to take a piss. I've never done that... hahahaha....

I'd never wee in a bath though. Not that I ever take a bath. Anyone ever poop in the shower?
Does that apply if you have incontinence?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:24 AM
If I'm in the middle of showering and I have to take a piss, then I absolutely will let loose. I typically take a piss before I shower though. But I've definitely done it.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Quote:

Not really since urine is actually sterile when it comes out of you and only becomes contaminated once its been sitting out for hours in the open. (but yes I know, none of us wants to touch it.)

I think its ridiculous to be under the shower already, have a need to go AND then get out, dry off, go to the toilet, do your business and then hop back in and get wet again. I'd have already wet myself before I got to the toilet.

Or worse, you have to go so bad you have no time to dry off and flop yourself onto the seat soaking wet. Now you have to dry the toilet and the floor and then get back in the shower.

Too much work if you ask me.

Btw, when I visited my friend in Holland, he had the toilet and the shower in two separate rooms. I went before showering.

Re: DaveJoeG: I totally didn't notice it was missing! Great, now I gotta find it again and I don't know how to upload avatars anymore!

Last edited by electriclite; 08-06-2009 at 08:07 AM..
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 AM
I saw on Glenn Beck the other day that Brazil has out out a tv commercial urging people to pee in the shower to save water.

I have peed in sinks before, but never a shower. Never a pool either, because you know that is the next step in this thread.

Whoever pees in a pool should be shot............. wait for it......................with pee.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I'll take a shit in the shower.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 AM
It's AAAAALLLL PIPES!

I don't go out of my way to pee in the shower, but like's been said, if I gotta go, I gotta go.

Now, is it normal to lay on your back, and pee into the air, watching it arc in a golden rainbow, as it splashes upon your stomach and chest, feeling just a tad cooler than the hot water of the shower?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Darko View Post
It's AAAAALLLL PIPES!
Alright, can we just drop all the pee pipe stuff here?

I don't go in the shower, no. I may have when I was kid, but how long are these showers that you don't have to go before the shower starts and then when the urge comes, it's so strong that you can't wait until the shower is over?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:21 AM
In my own shower? Sure. I don't feel like the need comes up much, when it does, I can't see any reason not to or how it's remotely unsanitary.

I mean, I'm a guy, I spent the first half of my life marking my territory on any and every thing outside whenever the feeling struck. As far as I'm concerned, any drain is a marked improvement.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Re: DaveJoeG: I totally didn't notice it was missing! Great, now I gotta find it again and I don't know how to upload avatars anymore!
Here's the image:

A quick trip to MS Paint for some cropping and you'll be ready to go in no time!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
I'll take a shit in the shower.
lol Only because you say you live in Idaho do I believe you would. I had to do a show in Burley. The whole place smelled like shit. The steak join in town was great though. The drive to and from Salt Lake City was awesome.

Now I know why the whole town smells of shit.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Sweet Jesus, I wasnt aware that peeing in the shower was so...acceptable.

Last edited by echo_bravo; 08-06-2009 at 12:07 PM..
Old 08-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Time to come down from your ivory tower and join us in our golden shower.

...wait
Old 08-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Time to come down from your ivory tower and join us in our golden shower.

...wait
lol Funniest thing I have read today. Nice.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Me neither, I've always looked down upon it, but at least they're only peeing in their own showers.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:29 PM
If I have to go I have to go... unless it's someone else's shower. And I always aim for the plug hole.

Last edited by Cronos; 08-06-2009 at 01:31 PM..
Old 08-06-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't see a problem with it, though I usually pee before entering the shower.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Here's the image:

A quick trip to MS Paint for some cropping and you'll be ready to go in no time!

Oh I already have it, minus the Rolling Stone titles, I just meant I forgot how to make an avatar. Its been years since I first put that thing up.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't see how its a big deal at all. I do it all the time. Although like someone mentioned above as soon as the water hits me I gotta go. Its weird. I'll be perfectly fine until the water hits me and then its like I've been holding it in for hours

As long as its your shower I don't see the harm in it.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Never done it, never will...

Actually a few years back when I was in high school this topic came up and I was actually outnumbered!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Oh I already have it, minus the Rolling Stone titles, I just meant I forgot how to make an avatar. Its been years since I first put that thing up.
Ah well good to see you have it back. I think it's time I change my avatar, I've had the same one for seven(!) years now.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Peeing in the shower is my favorite kind of foreplay!

On a more serious note...

Some mornings I wake up tired, turn on the faucet and wait for warm water. Then I'm shampooing my hair or something and I have to piss like a race horse.
I aim for the drain.

It's not a daily thing by any means. It's just that every once in a small (it IS small, believe me!) while Nature Calls and I'm checked in the water closet.

On a less serious note again...

Also, I pretend the drain is an open mouth.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:22 AM

I do it quite often.

Peeing on your feet actually kills/prevents athlete's foot. So I usually pee on my feet in the shower as part of my regiment. It's actually quite healthy.

Look it up if you don't believe me.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Quote:

Ive on occasion taken my morning piss while in the shower and im not ashamed of it, raised by wolves? nope but sometimes the animal must come out. So if a sudden piss hits me I gotta get out of the shower dry off, piss and get back in? Unsanitary? Im not Tyler Durden but I know what soap is made out of. P.S. I like your newer avatar electriclite

Last edited by NuclearMisfit; 08-07-2009 at 06:19 PM..
Old 08-08-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm more grossed out by the idea of unfresh towels and having pee drops on a clean pair of underwear.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
I'm more grossed out by the idea of unfresh towels and having pee drops on a clean pair of underwear.
Or how about when you fart and turns out not to be a fart afterall?