#1  
Old 08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
New Dashboard Update

Well... nothing overly useful for me.

Games On Demand is a total joke. Good concept, horrible execution. They're charging MORE for the download than the cost of an actual copy in most cases.

The avatar store is a complete joke. Maybe it's just me, but the point of buying clothing and gear for your avatar is completely asinine. The thought of somebody spending msp (cause that equals money) just... irks me. I want to call those people morons, but... hey, Halo fans are Halo fans right?

Game ratings are okay I guess. That won't sway me into getting something, but it's still good to voice your opinion. 2* rating for Halo 3 = good times.

The only major update that I find of use, is the ability to play games from the Achievement browser.

One day, they'll give me the ability to get rid of that damn gradient sphere that covers more than half of my wallpaper... yea right

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Darko View Post
Well... nothing overly useful for me.

Games On Demand is a total joke. Good concept, horrible execution. They're charging MORE for the download than the cost of an actual copy in most cases.

The avatar store is a complete joke. Maybe it's just me, but the point of buying clothing and gear for your avatar is completely asinine. The thought of somebody spending msp (cause that equals money) just... irks me. I want to call those people morons, but... hey, Halo fans are Halo fans right?

Game ratings are okay I guess. That won't sway me into getting something, but it's still good to voice your opinion. 2* rating for Halo 3 = good times.

The only major update that I find of use, is the ability to play games from the Achievement browser.

One day, they'll give me the ability to get rid of that damn gradient sphere that covers more than half of my wallpaper... yea right

Thoughts?
Man, you don't want to pay 5 bucks for a lightsaber? HOW COULD YOU NOT?! IT'S SUCH A SWEET DEAL. /sarcasm

Yeah, the avatar marketplace is pretty retarded. About the only thing I'd buy would be the Big Daddy helmet but that'd be if I had two bucks to spare left over (GOD I hate Microsoft points). I really like how you can browse achievements WAY easier now; they show up in a list and give you the descriptions instead of having to click each one. Other things I like:

-While you can't completely browse Netflix's selection, it shows you new releases and stuff you might like right on your Xbox
-It now (apparently) reconnects you back to a party you've been kicked out of
-The Netflix party feature is pretty cool; don't know if everyone needs to have Netflix to do it, but you probably do
-It shows what movie you're watching if your friends look at your profile (neat, but unnecessary)

I think that's pretty much it. I'm curious to see how the Twitter and Facebook stuff pans out (even though it's completely pointless).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-11-2009, 10:51 PM
its alright im just waiting for major stuff in the fall. if they would ever add a internet web browser that is better then the wii. then i will be happy

what is with number lik 2 or 5 by people names in the friends app.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2009, 01:12 AM
The number beside their name is their "veteran" status. I've got a 1, meaning I've been a gold member for 1 year or more. That will jump to 2, come December.

It also shows if your friend is a Gold or Silver member, by the color of their profile bar.

The Netflix thing would be cool if Canadians got Netflix.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2009, 12:58 PM
The cost of the new stuff is really gay 400pts (aka.$5) for a lightsaber?!?!..then again you also have the option of winning stuff as well for your avatar which is cool..I think the update is pretty decent..I don't know how well the downloadable 360 titles will go over but it is a cool feature if you like that sort of thing and have the HDD space..(I myself have the 20GB so that is not an option for me)....I still think XBL is the best online service and as long as they keep up the same great service I will continue to renew
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2009, 02:45 PM
yay! won't be using any of this

i just use it to buy arcade

the sponsored gamer preview clips with hosts are so lame
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beard_of_Meat View Post
The cost of the new stuff is really gay 400pts (aka.$5) for a lightsaber?!?!..then again you also have the option of winning stuff as well for your avatar which is cool..I think the update is pretty decent..I don't know how well the downloadable 360 titles will go over but it is a cool feature if you like that sort of thing and have the HDD space..(I myself have the 20GB so that is not an option for me)....I still think XBL is the best online service and as long as they keep up the same great service I will continue to renew
Well, seeing as they're dropping the price of the Elite to 300 bucks (the current price of the 60 gig model) and discontinuing the 60 gig model, space won't be an issue anymore. Still think Games on Demand is a rip.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 PM
- Games on Demand is a joke. Considering that you can buy those games in store for a much cheaper price.
- Avatar Marketplace is even more of a joke...why would you fucking buy shit for a virtual character? That's just as bad as paying physical money to change your fucking name on XBL ($10?!?)
- Rating system is cool, but I really don't care what other people think about games. Opinion on the internet is, for the most part, useless (just look at imdb)


The only good thing about this update is the guide button being alittle faster in its loading time. I remember having to wait upwards of 15 seconds to load my friends list to make invites from a game.

If it wasn't for the awsome games the 360 would be a giant piece of shit with a company behind it that loves to take your money away any way it can.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Avatar marketplace is stupid. That pretty much defeats the customization aspect of it (though, there wasn't a ton of choices to begin with).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:23 PM
I havent seen all the stuff others have been mentioning in this thread. Did they add the Netflix viewing parties? I really like what they did to the Netflix quality it seems faster and clearer now for streaming.

Also how do you earn items for your Avatar? Give me a Vault 101 jumpsuit and id be set.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I haven't even gotten the update yet, seems kind of pointless. I haven't played much 360 lately anyway (my parents use it more than I do) and I'm leaving for college tomorrow, so I won't be on that for QUITE some time.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-19-2009, 05:01 AM
Complaining about something that doesn't exist. Man it sucks being this sick. Still waiting for Shadow Complex to show up tho... jerks.

Last edited by Donnie_Darko; 08-19-2009 at 05:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearMisfit View Post
Also how do you earn items for your Avatar? Give me a Vault 101 jumpsuit and id be set.
The game has to offer it when you complete a certain objective or by completing the game. I'm not aware of any current or future games that are offering avatar items.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
The game has to offer it when you complete a certain objective or by completing the game. I'm not aware of any current or future games that are offering avatar items.
Yeah me either..it would be nice if they let you know what games offer shit..if I win some stuff cool..other than that I can care less what my avatar looks like
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 AM
The 2012 fall update

-Part I-

Release: October 16, 2012
System Software Changes/Other
Internet Explorer browser to Apps[5]
"My Pins" panel[5]
"Recent" panel[5]
Recommendation panels to Dashboard[5]
Ability to name console from settings[5]
Access to Xbox Video and Xbox Music apps[5]
Gamertag in corner of screen now shows users email address
"Security Proofs" under Account Security
Smaller background stage size[5]
Combined TV and Video into TV & Movies[5]
Removed Companion Devices from Console Settings[5]
Removed Facebook & Twitter from Social Apps with introduction of Internet Explorer


-Part II-

Release: October 26, 2012
System Software Changes
Xbox SmartGlass[5]

[5] http://majornelson.com/2012/10/15/ne...ling-out-today


main source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_system_software
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xbox-360-update-explorer.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	10845  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump