Old 08-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie Normal View Post
I am tired of reading stories of how Vick is going to sign soon. Wait until he signs and then write stories every fucking day. Dungy has a comment everyday, like Vick is his kid or something.
Vick to the Eagles, 2 year deal.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 PM
So... does that help or hurt my argument that the Eagles have the best offense in the NFC East?

Vick isn't a good fit as a backup qb in Philly, in my opinion. They throw too much, and he's proven to be inaccurate and unable to get rid of the ball quickly. But I don't know if that's how they're gonna use him. I'm honestly baffled.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Time will tell. I am happy for him that a team decided to take a chance on him. He's still a great athlete and he basically has til October to get into football shape and learn the Eagles' playbook.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Vick isn't a good fit as a backup qb in Philly, in my opinion. They throw too much, and he's proven to be inaccurate and unable to get rid of the ball quickly. But I don't know if that's how they're gonna use him. I'm honestly baffled.
I don't get it either unless he is going to play another position. This will not make McNabb happy. They got rid of Garcia, because McNabb did not want the competition or any talk to happen.

This has to be a money move for Vick. Take the most money on the best team and who he will play. Then make more money in a year or two.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't think McNabb is gonna be pissed, he probably signed off on it. Vick won't challenge for the starting job at all. I still don't think Vick is a good QB. Andy Reid has a good offensive mind, I guess he has a way to get some use out of him.

Last edited by labialover; 08-13-2009 at 09:32 PM..
Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 PM
As a die hard falcon fan I'm glad someone signed Vick. He was my fave for years. I just wish he signed for a team I didnt hate! My calender is marked, on Dec. 6th, I will be in the Georgia Dome!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labialover View Post
I don't think McNabb is gonna be pissed, he probably signed off on it. Vick won't challenge for the starting job at all. I still don't think Vick is a good QB. Andy Reid has a good offensive mind, I guess he has a way to get some use out of him.
I 100% agree. I've been an Eagles fan for 16 years now...this is easily the biggest surprise I've ever had as a fan. I've been mulling over this for almost the past two hours...as much as I hate what Vick was convicted of, I can't stop and think of all the possibilities the Eagles now have on offense. Truth be told, Michael Vick might be the most athletic person ever to be in the NFL (I said MIGHT), and he adds a dynamic to an already quite impressive offense that has never been seen before. This signing is simply about a Super Bowl ring...the one that the Eagles havent achieved yet...the Eagles front office are just adding another tool in trying to reach that final goal.

Last edited by AspectRatio1986; 08-13-2009 at 11:25 PM..
Old 08-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Quote:
McNabb: "There's no threat for me"
Posted by Mike Florio on August 13, 2009 11:14 PM ET
Despite early indications that Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb isn't happy with the arrival of Mike Vick in Philly, McNabb claims that he's fine with the move.

In fact, McNabb claims he lobbied the team to sign Vick.

"There's no threat for me," McNabb said at a press conference after Thursday night's preseason game. "There's no threat for [Kevin] Kolb. It's an opportunity to add another weapon to our offense, and our team."

Still, McNabb used words like "adversity" and "ordeal" when talking about the presence of Vick on the team, which in our view weren't used accidentally.

Indeed, former Eagles lineman Barrett Brooks, who serves as the Eagles Insider for The Sports Bash with Mike Gill on 97.3 FM in South Jersey, believes that the arrival of Vick will lead to trouble in the locker room.

"McNabb is being a pro," Brooks said (via Gill), "but this makes him have to put up or shut up. He has no comfort in being the Eagles quarterback, if he messes up one time the whole city will be calling for Vick. Point blank."

Also, even if Vick never gets onto the field, Vick suddenly will command more attention than the starting quarterback.

"Why does McNabb have to have a backup who has more exposure than the starter?" Brooks said.

That said, McNabb has handled the media adroitly, so far. Then again, he always does.

What happens behind the scenes remains to be seen.

I buy this story 100%. McNabb has been a true professional throughout the entire time he has been on this team. He has had to put up with a ton of crap along the way.

I believe Vick will create a distraction and the first time Vick is able to play in a regular season game and McNabb throws a game away, everyone in that crazy ass city will be calling for Vick to play. The fans have never given McNabb the credit he deserves and I thought he was as good as out of there. If it weren't for the playoff run the team had, he would be. I did not understand the contract extension. I would have loved to see McNabb go to the Vikings and kick major ass there.

I hope this all ends badly for them. Greedy, unnecessary move.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Quote:
I buy this story 100%. McNabb has been a true professional throughout the entire time he has been on this team. He has had to put up with a ton of crap along the way.

I believe Vick will create a distraction and the first time Vick is able to play in a regular season game and McNabb throws a game away, everyone in that crazy ass city will be calling for Vick to play. The fans have never given McNabb the credit he deserves and I thought he was as good as out of there. If it weren't for the playoff run the team had, he would be. I did not understand the contract extension. I would have loved to see McNabb go to the Vikings and kick major ass there.

I hope this all ends badly for them. Greedy, unnecessary move.
Unnecessary... that's the best word for it. As I've said before, Philly was sitting pretty in the NFC. They were legit contenders to reach the Super Bowl. Unlike previous times when they fell short, they didn't have a GLARING weakness that needed to be addressed (referring to the 2003 loss to Carolina, when it was clear their receivers sucked, so they gambled on TO).

There is no need for this. All this says is they're not comfortable with Kevin Kolb as a backup for an injury-prone McNabb. That's the only thing I'm reading from this. I can't see him play a position other than qb for Philly. And unfortunately, he doesn't work as a qb in that offense. So... I don't even know.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Quote:
I predict the Lions will have at least 4 wins this year.
That's actually about what I think as well. I would say they win between 3-6 games, which is an improvement.

As for Vick...I am not surprised someone signed him, but I sure as hell am surprised the Eagles were that team.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Fuck Michael Vick

This is my 25th Hour moment

Fuck Michael Vick. He is only sorry that he got caught, lost all his money and has to start over! He is not sorry for the dogs.

Fuck the NFL and Roger Goodell. Vick was the poster boy for the NFL. They pushed this guy to the public to the point it made me sick. He was never a good enough QB to get the press he received. The NFL is dying to have a successful black QB. McNabb should have been your go to guy.

Fuck "I (he) paid his debt to society" or other bullshit like that. What a bullshit thing to say to justify signing him.

Fuck the Eagles owner. When the story first hit, the Eagle owner denounced Vick and said no one who did what he did will play on his team. That was back when it looked like Vick would never play again, let alone have a chance to play for the Eagles. He should have just said that he does not care about his past as long as he can bring home a Super Bowl trophy.

Fuck second chances. No second chances for spoiled athletes that have been handed everything in life and had problems erased, because they can play a sport. If you do something as bad as Vick has done, you forfeit your second chance. Playing professional sports is a privilege not a right. Did the Eagles owner give the employee he fired, because the guy ripped management for not resigning Dawkins on his fucking Facebook page a second chance? No, he fucking well did not! Where is his second chance? Where is Jimmy the Greek's second chance? Where is Pete Rose's second chance? He was a great coach and he should be in the hall of fame now!

Fuck ESPN for celebrating and pumping up athletes like Vick. ESPN has morphed into a network that used to report sports news to one that changes and creates opinions within sports and changes the games themselves.

Fuck Eagle fans. You will be cheering this guy and buying his jersey if he helps you win. You would not be if he was winning with another team.

Fuck anyone who boils down the hatred people have for Vick to racism.

Fuck anyone who says that they hope Vick gets seriously injured in his first series. Never wish anyone harm like that. Only dogs can wish revenge on Vick.

Last edited by Abbie Normal; 08-14-2009 at 04:03 PM..
Old 08-14-2009, 04:28 PM
...I wonder how heavily they're gonna rely on the Wildcat. Or if they'll even run it. There are lots of possibilities. Should be interesting, at least.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Report: Brett Farve to sign a $10-12 million contract with Minnesota pending physical.

(puts fingers in both ears)lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalala.

I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO AWAY STAY RETIRED!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Quote:

Fuck the NFL and Roger Goodell. Vick was the poster boy for the NFL. They pushed this guy to the public to the point it made me sick. He was never a good enough QB to get the press he received. The NFL is dying to have a successful black QB. McNabb should have been your go to guy.
That wasn't Goodell... that was Tagliabue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Report: Brett Farve to sign a $10-12 million contract with Minnesota pending physical.

(puts fingers in both ears)lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalala.

Oh he's coming back. I don't even care. I just want something definitive. If these stories are true, and he signs in the next 48 hours, then fine. I just don't want it to boil for weeks the way it did last time.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post

Farve sucks. I doubt they even make the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
That wasn't Goodell... that was Tagliabue.
Right now it is Goodell and right now Goodell could keep him suspended.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Farve sucks. I doubt they even make the playoffs.
If they can make the playoffs with Tavaris Jackson, they WILL make the playoffs with Favre...even past his prime.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Maybe the Brett really is back on the Vikes--the painkiller, Vicodin, to which he was addicted about 15 years back--and this is all just a metaphor because he can't support his habit without getting $10 million pre-tax.

Anyway...

There's now talk of Minnesota being the NFC's team to beat following the Favre signing.

With the signing of Vick, Philly seems to be the premier team, especially offensively. IF Reid packages Vick correctly with McNabb, their offense further includes Brian Westbrook, DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, Kevin Curtis...even Jason Avant and Reggie Brown. That's approaching ludicrous speed. The team's success will be secured if Reid can simply manage scheme correctly.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankpage View Post
If they can make the playoffs with Tavaris Jackson, they WILL make the playoffs with Favre...even past his prime.
They made the playoffs DESPITE Tavares "Where's the broad side of the barn?" Jackson and I wouldn't bet against a new defensive scheme and refined Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homyrrh View Post
Maybe the Brett really is back on the Vikes--the painkiller, Vicodin, to which he was addicted about 15 years back--and this is all just a metaphor because he can't support his habit without getting $10 million pre-tax.

Anyway...

There's now talk of Minnesota being the NFC's team to beat following the Favre signing.

With the signing of Vick, Philly seems to be the premier team, especially offensively. IF Reid packages Vick correctly with McNabb, their offense further includes Brian Westbrook, DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, Kevin Curtis...even Jason Avant and Reggie Brown. That's approaching ludicrous speed. The team's success will be secured if Reid can simply manage scheme correctly.
I agree. Even with the Favre signing, I'm still picking the Eagles as the NFC's top seed. Imagine a Vikings/Eagles NFC Championship showdown.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankpage View Post
I believe the defense will take a step back. They have been the best running defense for 3 straight years. They are all older now. I also believe Bret will cost his team more games with all the INTs he throws while forcing the ball deep. Lastly, I believe they will have to win the division since other teams are going to be better this year. Green Bay and Chicago will both be better this year.

Two wild cards. One always comes from the East and lately both teams do. The South is also going to have one wild card.

I have the Vikes at 7-9 for the year. .500 within the division.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Like the last playoff game they had?

The Vikings, even with the Brett, are getting way too much credit.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 PM
^That highlight is ridiculous. Listen to the commentator during the Jared Allen strip at ~4:10.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't see how Favre makes the Vikings NFC favorites. I don't even see them as top 4-5. If both Williams on the d-line are suspended the first 4 games of the season they might be in trouble.

I think the Packers are getting completely overlooked in the Central. They have a new defense and a lot of playmakers. I also hate how everyone on espn thinks if Favre played for them last year that they would have made the playoffs. Not true. Their defense sucked ass last year.

So yea, Favre is a fuckhead.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:26 PM
ESPN makes me want to vomit. They believe all the hype they push and think people tune in for their opinions. Just give us the fucking highlights and scores, fuckers!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Abbie,

I had started a thread ranting on espn, but my connection has been terrible today. I might try to post it later. It will be a good place for everyone to go to when they're pissed off at the network.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Favre
Old 08-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Quote:
ESPN makes me want to vomit. They believe all the hype they push and think people tune in for their opinions. Just give us the fucking highlights and scores, fuckers!
Yeah or hype players that aren't better than they actually are like Tony Romo and Joba Chamberlain. I've never seen 2 players get hyped up more when they debuted than anybody ever.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I used to respect the hell out of Brett Favre. When he first retired I was like, well there goes a legend. Then the next season came around and got the itch to come back and i was WTF?! I thought you said you retired?! Stay away from Aaron Rodgers!!! But alas he came back and there was nothing I could do. End of season Brett: IM RETIRING. Next season comes around again Green Bay dont want him so he signs with Jets..Again..faceplam..retires again because he knows he cant play..EVERYONE makes a big deal that Vikes were interested..all of sportsnation is all over Favre's dick and the Vike's dick about it..Interest whines down. Then today happens.. The darkest day in Vikes history lol. Fuck you Brett Favre. Fuck you for burying Tavares Jackson and fuck you for not staying retiring..I pray that you break your rotator cuff you old bastard!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Is it me or does the ESPN really shit on the NHL,Nascar,WNBA..Seems like all the attention is focused on the NFL,NBA,MLB,and Soccer...
Old 08-18-2009, 06:13 PM
You know, after last year's press conference where he was sobbing, and saying he didn't have the desire to play anymore, I actually believed him. I mean, it was the SECOND time he announced his retirement.

Now, when he announced his retirement and DOESN'T come back, it won't mean anything. Everyone will be like, "Yeah right, we've heard that before, Brett." It'll be the "Boy Who Cried Wolf" storyline the next time he announces his retirement.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
Is it me or does the ESPN really shit on the NHL,Nascar,WNBA..Seems like all the attention is focused on the NFL,NBA,MLB,and Soccer...
You forgot about college basketball and football with some attention to college baseball. When ESPN first started I used to see Australian Rules Football. Yeah, I was watching from day fucking one bitches. Tom Mees was the best.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Some people on the radio want Brett to get injured. I would hate that. I want him to have to end his career, because he again costs his team victories. I want him to be exposed for the fraud he is.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:28 PM
REALLY stupid thought, but does he have to compete for the starting job? I know they'll "say" he does, but... really?

And enough, with the fucking "Vikings in the Superbowl?!" bullshit already! It's everywhere. They had a good team Saturday, and they still have a good team, but Superbowl? Uhm... yea, sure. I'll call it now. Vikings and Bills in the Superbowl, with the Bills coming out on top. There.

Coming from a Bills fan, you can see I'm totally serious.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:05 PM
You people can hate on Favre's indecision, the attention thrown his way, and the special treatment he gets. But honestly, you're completely delusional if you don't think he's better than Jackson or Rosenfels. Saying that is just out of spite over the entire ridiculous situation. But he's a better player than those two. There's a reason Childress was so accomodating.

The only question about HOW much better they'll be lies with Favre's torn rotator cuff. Last year he fell apart because of arm fatigue, and everyone assumed it was the bicep injury that was fixed with surgery. But how can we be sure of that? Apparently, the rotator cuff had been torn for a while. I wonder how much of a factor that played in his decline.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Some people on the radio want Brett to get injured. I would hate that. I want him to have to end his career, because he again costs his team victories. I want him to be exposed for the fraud he is.

Welcome home, Judas!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Quote:
This is my 25th Hour moment

Fuck Michael Vick. He is only sorry that he got caught, lost all his money and has to start over! He is not sorry for the dogs.

Fuck "I (he) paid his debt to society" or other bullshit like that. What a bullshit thing to say to justify signing him.

Fuck the Eagles owner. When the story first hit, the Eagle owner denounced Vick and said no one who did what he did will play on his team. That was back when it looked like Vick would never play again, let alone have a chance to play for the Eagles. He should have just said that he does not care about his past as long as he can bring home a Super Bowl trophy.

Fuck second chances. No second chances for spoiled athletes that have been handed everything in life and had problems erased, because they can play a sport. If you do something as bad as Vick has done, you forfeit your second chance. Playing professional sports is a privilege not a right. Did the Eagles owner give the employee he fired, because the guy ripped management for not resigning Dawkins on his fucking Facebook page a second chance? No, he fucking well did not! Where is his second chance? Where is Jimmy the Greek's second chance? Where is Pete Rose's second chance? He was a great coach and he should be in the hall of fame now!

Fuck ESPN for celebrating and pumping up athletes like Vick. ESPN has morphed into a network that used to report sports news to one that changes and creates opinions within sports and changes the games themselves.

Fuck Eagle fans. You will be cheering this guy and buying his jersey if he helps you win. You would not be if he was winning with another team.

Fuck anyone who boils down the hatred people have for Vick to racism.

Fuck anyone who says that they hope Vick gets seriously injured in his first series. Never wish anyone harm like that. Only dogs can wish revenge on Vick.

I agree with this.

I think Vick got to know Andy Reid's sons in prison. Thats why he signed with them. He's a perfect fit there.

BTW< Andy Reid for the winner of best fat-breather ever.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Who watches women's sports?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
BTW< Andy Reid for the winner of best fat-breather ever.
Funniest line I have read this week! Nice!

Quote:
Lesbians. I don't watch the WNBA, but I will watch women's tennis, gymnastics and figure skating.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Quote:

lol good point
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Quote:
NHL: Yes unless it invloves the Rangers, Red Wings, Crosby or Ovechkin

Nascar: Actually Nascar gets decent amount of attention not as much as the past couple years it could be because the face of Nascar has been doing nothing the past 2-3 years

WNBA: That still exists... No seriously it still exists without going on the internet can someone name me 1 player in that league. I can't think of 1 player at all.

And don't forget ESPN shits on golf when Tiger isn't inloved no one knew it existed when he was out for a year last year