Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 AM
The Official 'Schmoe Forum Handle' Thread

I don't think we've had one of these since the new non-movie talk forum has been back up. Or have we? Either way, post what your forum name means. How you got your forum name, or why you chose it. Or simply reveal what your forum name is all about. Or all of the above. There's a lot of us here at JB's. And I've seen some of the best forums names on the net here on this message board.

My forum name is God of War. Originally, Ares was the god of war from the game of the same name. Then Kratos kicked his olympian-sized ass all over Athens and now Kratos is the new god of war. I chose this name because I love the games, and I adore Greek mythology. I also wanted a kind of ominous title. So there you have it. Some schmoes have their own names or variants of it. While others have very diverse and/or colorful names. As an example, I'd love to know what Danger_ Cart is from, dude. While some names are obvious, like john rambo. And then we have funny names like Toilet Bug. Where's he been lately anyways?

Your turn...

Last edited by God of War; 09-08-2009 at 09:21 AM..
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 AM
It's my name. And that's pretty much it. Nowadays, I go by "A.J." more in my professional life, but I like leaving it as is.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Mine is kind of dull, it's just my initials: Sam Alexander Inglis.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAI View Post
Mine is kind of dull, it's just my initials: Sam Alexander Inglis.
You see, this is what I find interesting. Whenever and I see your posts, I think of the weapon, Sai. I would never have guessed that it was your initials. And it's not really dull, dude. It's your name. I have a friend named Sam. And I know someone else who's got a dog named Sam.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:54 AM
My name is Marcey, I am a fan of Superman/Supergirl, therefore you get Super Marcey.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I love the rambo movies, and made the name in the height of my anticipation for the last movie.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:47 AM
In a writing class in college we had to write a subjective essay about current events. At the time, Ex-President Clinton was in all sorts of trouble with Monica Lewinski. We had heard about the cigar, the blue dress stains and all sorts of... strangeness. We were assigned the essay either the day after or the day of Clinton ordering the bombings of Afghanistan and Sudan. I decided to write a conspiracy-laced essay surmising "what if" Clinton did this to distract from the blow job and entitled it something to the effect of, "Bubba Strangelove or How He Stopped Worrying and Drop Bombs"

Whenever I think people on here take me too seriously, I think back to the day the professor read my essay to the class.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
You see, this is what I find interesting. Whenever and I see your posts, I think of the weapon, Sai.
A few people have told me that. Never occured to me when I registered. I think I used my initials so that I wouldn't get stuck with something I'd get embarrassed by in later years (remember the schmoe called Tatu, that guy must have got sick of that tag sharpish).
Old 09-08-2009, 11:21 AM
When I registered here I was 15 and I was obsessed with A Nightmare on Elm Street at the time. Since then, I'm 23 now, I don't like the series near as much as I used to. For the past few years I've wanted to change my name, but I figured nobody would know who I was, so I guess I'm keeping it.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
My original screenname was TheFallOutBoy, Which was a reference to the character from the simpsons, not the band.

Decided to change it to Heisenberg, after my favourite character on TV. Walter's Alias on Breaking Bad is Heisenberg.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
When I first started surfing the web way back in the roaring 90's, my handle was Joe Razor, a character I was developing (trying to develop) for a graphic novel. Many years later when I found JoBlo, the idea of an older Joe Razor tickled my fancy, hence "Rusty Razor".
Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Umm...yea.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Oh God of War, Danger^Cart is from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's their mode of transportation.
It's the title of a Pulp song. Bit pedestrian really.
SMERSH is the name of a Soviet counter-intelligence agency created in 1943 and prominently featured in Ian Fleming's early James Bond novels (In the films, they became SPECTRE). "SMERSH" is an acronym of two Russian words: Smert and Shpionam, which, together, mean "Death to spies." The phrase (and my version of the spelling) can be seen in the Timothy Dalton film The Living Daylights.

Admittedly, I'm a big Bond fan, but not nearly as much as I am of comic books or film in general. Yet, for some reason, this phrase always stood out to me. For awhile, I planned for it to be the name of a friend and I's future film production company, but I decided a more pronounceable name might be more appropriate...

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 09-08-2009 at 02:35 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
My name's Bake and I'm a Moo Cow.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:52 PM
7th grade. PE. We're playing a basketball game called "knockout." I take my shot, and miss so badly that the ball goes over the backboard. It ends up hitting a cross bar that's supporting the goal, and bounces back over to the front of the backboard, and falls through the net. There were ooos and awes for a moment, and then, without missing a beat, my idiot/hick PE coach excitingly dubbed me as "RicochetShaw" (Shaw is my last name). It stuck for that class, and I think I registered here within a few months of the incident.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:10 PM
I have Zombie explain everything on my behalf nowadays. He's a bit clumsy with seeing women off in the morning, but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it.

I suggest everyone get what I've come to call a "Paul Revere," with due haste. They're absolutely invaluable, and I don't know what I'd do without mine.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I chose the name Reigh for my nephew a few days before he was born. I heard the name in a Gomez song called Rie's Wagon.

I also love Andy Kaufman.

Reigh Kaufman.

BakeTheMooCow's username has always intrigued me. I must have though about PM'ing him a dozen times to ask where it came from. BadCoverVersion - or Lady Version as I call her - and I started talking after I recognized her username as a fellow fan of Pulp. Bubba's name is the one that most perfectly fits a Schmoe. It just seems to...capture him.

Smarmy Douche and labialover are the ones that require the least amount of detective work.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I picked mine because I love South Park (though it's not my favorite show) and that coffee addicted little scamp Tweek.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I love gore and I love Snoopy.

They are also the 2 most unlikely things one would notice about me.

I could have went with "Big booby Latina" but that's way too obvious.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Mine is pretty straight forward, David and Joseph are my first and middle names and G is the initial for my last name.

RicochetShaw wins for best story behind the forum name.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Seen too many Misters so I thought I'd switch it up and make it MistAh, plus it's more gangsta

And for BlistAh, it was the first thing that came to me which happened to rhyme

I wish there was a way to change it though, I'd rather have just my real name
Old 09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Got my handle from an old obscure video game I used to play as a kid. Not the greatest game ever, but I thought it was cool as fuck. It's a western/horror adventure game (old school point & click) that involved vampires, werewolves, witchcraft, etc... It reminded me a bit of Stephen King's The Gunslinger.

Silverload has been my generic internet handle since I was 13.

Last edited by Silverload; 09-08-2009 at 03:08 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I used to play football in high school and some of the older players associated my red head with the Human Torch and told me to yell "FLAME ON!" after making a tackle... The coach yelled at me after the first time I did it--but we always joked about and some used it as a nickname for me.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Pretty obvious. I'm a fan of Tarantino's work, and was much more so when I joined. I was 13 at the time and wrote everything here in ALL CAPS, not knowing any better, hence the majuscule moniker.

I'm quite curious to hear what "Homyrrh" is since it's a word I've never seen anywhere else. RicochetShaw has a nice ring to it and BubbaStrangelove does indeed seem to fit (What "Irene Manor" was I'll never know...unless he feels obliged) just right. Thanks for the explanation Bake, I too had wondered.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:18 PM
jackson is the name of one of the streets I live on. I live on a corner, the other street being Michigan. 13 is just my favorite number, and when I was coming up with a name I thought "Michigan13" doesnt sound right, but jackson13 does.

A legend was born...
Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 PM
I attended this summer camp waaaaay back in the day (like when I was in 6 grade and 7th grade).
Our camp counselors had us come up with nicknames for ourselves using the military alphabet.
My initials are e and b. so it was echo bravo.

When I registered for Joblo, it was the only thing I could come up with at the time.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
Smarmy Douche and labialover are the ones that require the least amount of detective work.
Indeed.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:40 PM

Whoa, so this is where that mysterious disappearing post went. I was wondering what happened to it

Last edited by Silverload; 09-09-2009 at 06:29 AM..
Old 09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverload View Post
Cool, open beta is open

Got an open beta key from here: http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions.../?_cmpid=fp191

Didn't have to pay to subscribe, just sign up for the free account.

I'll share my thoughts on the game once I have played it for a few days.
Erm, I don't think you posted this in the right thread. hehe
Old 09-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I was (still am) an aspiring screenwriter at the time going through writer's block. Had a nice ring to it, and the rest is history.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Why I chose my name should be pretty easy to figure out.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I was probably a bit underage when i joined Joblo, and I had no idea of a name to pick. So, I decided to go the typical "name plus numbers" via AOL screen name. The name Mr.Hyde sounded cool, plus I like the character, so I went with that.

Last edited by Mr.HyDe807; 09-08-2009 at 07:32 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Badbird is the name of the villain of the cartoon Samurai Pizza Cats. It's pretty much the only anime I actually like.

I caught the show by chance many years ago after I got home from school one day and I instantly loved it. Badbird was my favorite character and I even made a t-shirt for it.

One day I wore this t-shirt to work on my day off to check out the crowds (we had just started playing Rocky Horror at the time and attendance was booming). After that, the Rocky Horror people started calling me Badbird so much that it stuck.

So I pretty much use it for anything that needs a user name online, though often times it's already taken (who the hell are these fuckers using my name?).
Old 09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Your name confuses the hell out of me. I don't know what it means, and I probably will never know -- much like Kubrick's 2001.

Anyway...

As for my name, here's a poster that'll explain everything (although I'm sure most or all of you can figure it out)....

Of course, one of Aragorn's several nicknames is "Strider," which I've always thought was a pretty groovy name. So that's what I decided to go with when I first joined this board, and I'm so glad it wasn't taken at that time.

Strider
Old 09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
No imagination?
Old 09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger^Cart View Post
No imagination?
*rimshot*
Old 09-08-2009, 07:42 PM
It's an short version of my name 'Nathaniel'.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
It's an short version of my name 'Nathaniel'.
I love that name.