Old 09-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagia_Romero View Post
I love that name.
Why thanks Tagia!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM

Last edited by bankholdup; 04-09-2015 at 01:17 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I guess all of you know where the second part of my moniker comes from, that I won't elaborate on other than the fact I think it's an awesome last name to have.

As for 'Tagia'... it was actually a spur of the moment deal. When I first joined up in 2002 after having a bit of a lurk, I wanted to have a unique screen name. Not one that was too obvious or overt, but something, I don't know, creative and basically clean.
I have this little quirk in my brain that thinks up names almost out of the blue, be it from things I have heard of but know nothing about (yet) or it just pops in without any rhyme or reason. That's where 'Tagia' came from. After that, I briefly got into RPG-ing and that name was used there too. I'm actually rather proud of it.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Mine is pretty straight forward, David and Joseph are my first and middle names and G is the initial for my last name.

RicochetShaw wins for best story behind the forum name.
Tell me about it. I've told a couple people his story, in terms of talking about screen names and picking them. So, that conversation has come up twice in like 7 years. Actually, my wife often sees me on the board and comments on many of the names, since she's not a forum person at all, she finds them funny. I've explained a few of them to her, notably CosmicPuppet, and recently got to tell her, Hey remember Quentin137? Yeah, he was the one who met Quentin Tarantino!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
BubbaStrangelove does indeed seem to fit (What "Irene Manor" was I'll never know...unless he feels obliged) just right.
Actually, way back when we had a thread about how we got user names and although it was surrounded in a crazy story involving the star of Free Willy, the truth to the name actually was contained in there.

I've often wondered if it was one of the threads Joblo kept when deleting the original misc talk forum, and have considered asking, because I remember a lot of people complimenting my creative writing. I do know he kept the thread from the day 9/11 was happening, at least for a while. I'd be curious to know if the name origin thread was kept.

That said, it would be interesting if they put back up some of those old threads, assuming Berge has kept them on a hard drive somewhere, perhaps in a mayonnaise jar on the doorstep of Funk and Wagnall.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Frost is my last name so all my life Ive been called Frosty and 86 is the year I was born
Old 09-09-2009, 12:39 AM
My name's taken from the title of one of Phillip K. Dick's earliest novels, the Cosmic Puppets. I liked the title and the book. It's a short read but it stuck with me through the years.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty_86 View Post
Frost is my last name so all my life Ive been called Frosty and 86 is the year I was born
Wow.... ever seen the film Mr. Frost (1990)?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Mine came from a wierd little flick called Psycho Beach Party. I first watched it cause it had Xander from BTVS in it... I joked to my best friend once to call me Starcat The Cosmic Toker... the same time I was trying to think up a name for this site... my friend calls and my dad answers, so he disguises his voice and keeps asking for Starcat... so I just flipped it over and used it here... I dropped The Cosmic Toker cause it just seemed to much to type.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I used to play cards all the time, and my name stems from that.

However, the "proper" way to say it is Aced. As in, I aced that test. Not Ace-Dee or anything (I'm not sure why I capitalized the D originally). So understandbly, people call me Ace and stuff, which isn't a huge deal, but you know.

I wish I could change it. I'm not popular enough that it would matter, but at the end of the day I suppose we all have to deal with the names we put on here when we were in Jr High.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
I used to play cards all the time, and my name stems from that.

However, the "proper" way to say it is Aced. As in, I aced that test. Not Ace-Dee or anything (I'm not sure why I capitalized the D originally). So understandbly, people call me Ace and stuff, which isn't a huge deal, but you know.

I wish I could change it. I'm not popular enough that it would matter, but at the end of the day I suppose we all have to deal with the names we put on here when we were in Jr High.
Joblo would probably be cool with changing your handle - he can do that. It's one of his abilities, as is walking across beer, and turning pixels into boobs.

I recognize your posts, and your avatar. You have excellent writing skills, and seldom find myself disagreeing with you.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:27 PM
It's an Iron Maiden album. Boring name.

Just today, I was thinking, "I wish my JoBlo name was Mumbles". Or something. I started to dislike this name a few years ago.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
It's an Iron Maiden album. Boring name.

Just today, I was thinking, "I wish my JoBlo name was Mumbles". Or something. I started to dislike this name a few years ago.
Personally, I think your name's pretty cool, man. One of my faves around here, in all honesty. You know, it could be worse -- your name could be from another Iron Maiden album, such as Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (even if you wanted this name, it wouldn't work, because it's too damn long!). You need to look on the bright side....

Strider
Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
Smarmy Douche and labialover are the ones that require the least amount of detective work.
Actually my last name is Labia, and I'm in love with myself.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labialover View Post
Actually my last name is Labia, and I'm in love with myself.
Utterly fascinating.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Wow.... ever seen the film Mr. Frost (1990)?
Nope but Ive always wanted to just cause I always thought as a kid it was bad ass that a movie had my name on it. I think maybe my dad watched it and told me I couldnt watch it and then eventually I lost interest Im not sure what happened
Old 09-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty_86 View Post
Nope but Ive always wanted to just cause I always thought as a kid it was bad ass that a movie had my name on it. I think maybe my dad watched it and told me I couldn't watch it and then eventually I lost interest Im not sure what happened
Word, well I have it on my computer in an "avi" format if you're interested. If you have an instant messenger of some kind, I can send it to you directly...
Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Mine's pretty simple. "drc" are my initials and "5145" were the last four digits of my old phone number.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Derek= my name

237= haunted room in The Shining

Old 09-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
Joblo would probably be cool with changing your handle - he can do that. It's one of his abilities, as is walking across beer, and turning pixels into boobs.

I recognize your posts, and your avatar. You have excellent writing skills, and seldom find myself disagreeing with you.

Shucks, dude. I realize my post did sound a bit like I was fishing for compliments slash assurance of my poularity -- I promise that's not what I intended! Seriously though, thanks for the props, it means a lot coming from you.

I feel like I may grin and bear this name for a while, partially (and probably mostly) because I don't know what I want to change it to. Until and unless I'm inspired, it'll stay as is. Thanks for the tip about Jo's ability to change it, though.

I can't stand the LOTR movies, but I still think Strider is a cool handle.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Seriously though, thanks for the props, it means a lot coming from you.
See what I mean!? I'm hard pressed finding thing you post that I disagree with. Kudos to you, Ace.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc5145 View Post
Mine's pretty simple. "drc" are my initials and "5145" were the last four digits of my old phone number.
Not being a dick, but why would you put your last 5 digits of your number in your name?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Word, well I have it on my computer in an "avi" format if you're interested. If you have an instant messenger of some kind, I can send it to you directly...

Actually a buddy of mine has it and Im gonna borrow it from him sometime. Thanks for the offer though man
Old 09-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Quote:
I can't stand the LOTR movies, but I still think Strider is a cool handle.
Many thanks, good sir.

And thanks for informing us on how to correctly pronounce your name, Aced. I thought it was Ace-Dee all this time. I feel so stupid right now. Then again, I wasn't the person who capitalized the D.

Strider
Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 PM
well some of you may or may not remember i went by moviefreak1980 for years but i was getting sick and tired of being called him or he all the time

so i changed it...sarah is my name and 1980 was the year i was born
Old 09-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1980 View Post
well some of you may or may not remember i went by moviefreak1980 for years but i was getting sick and tired of being called him or he all the time

so i changed it...sarah is my name and 1980 was the year i was born
Haha, I remember moviefreak1980 and know you, but never put two and two together.

Fisting Ackbar was one of my favorite forum handles, I wonder what happened to that guy...
Old 09-10-2009, 06:13 PM
My username is a play on Sid Vicious, the former bassist for the Sex Pistols. I'm actually not a huge Sex Pistols fan, though. I just thought "Squid Vicious" sounded funny.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:44 PM
An old role playing name from way back when I was twelve.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Won a game of laser tag with this name maybe a few months before I registered here. Seemed lucky I suppose, so I stuck with it for a while.

That's it. Thinking of shortening it though.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
See what I mean!? I'm hard pressed finding thing you post that I disagree with. Kudos to you, Ace.

Zing! Well played, sir, well played.

It's not that I hate the word "Ace," but being referred to that way makes me feel like a WWI fighter pilot.

Quote:
Many thanks, good sir.

And thanks for informing us on how to correctly pronounce your name, Aced. I thought it was Ace-Dee all this time. I feel so stupid right now. Then again, I wasn't the person who capitalized the D.
I mean, you really shouldn't feel bad about this. It's like naming your kid "Terrell" and expecting people to know which version of the word you desire.

That capital "D" is my baby Terrell.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:06 AM
athf=aqua teen hunger force. i was going throuhg an athf faze at the time . 1980 is the yr i was born
Old 09-11-2009, 10:12 AM
My name is Dominic, Dom for short. I used to have a penchant for going on cynical rants and was frequently thought to be surly by people that didn't understand what I was going through. They'd call me a shady person. Hence my name. It doesn't really apply anymore because I am happier now, it just so happened that I joined Joblo at a weird time in my life.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I was obsessed with the Ginger Snaps trilogy at the time (I modeled myself a lot after the Fitzgerald sisters), and didn't want to just make my Username GingerSnaps, so I switched it to past-tense and added some numbers in, and voila! G1ng3rsnap9ed. I've changed a lot since then, but still retain a lot of my more cynical approach on things, which a lot of is derived from GS. I've actually been contemplating posting a review of Ginger Snaps (only the original) in the Horror Review Forums and how it's affected my personality and my outlook on teenage society, but I've been really tied up with my personal life at the moment, a lot of continuations from the Love Thread that I may add in someday after everything blows over.

My Avatar is Hayley Williams from Paramore. I explained why I used that in the Love Thread, because I was listening to Paramore a lot when I was really down last year, but I've been wanting to change it to another picture, but I think the Happy-Go-Lucky expression of Hayley's face is great irony for my sarcasm.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:53 PM
I spent just about every Saturday throughout my middle school and high school years watching Mystery Science Theater 3000. Around that time every screen name or handle I had contained the word "Servo" in it (Servo This was my favorite) but I never had the opportunity to just go by Servo...until I found Joblo, of course. Thankfully it wasn't taken.

Though there was a small hiccup later...I had forgotten my login information and such and decided to make a different username, "Mog." I hated it and begged Joblo to help me get Servo back, and the Mighty and Merciful Joblo did just that.

I've had that avatar for a while, too...it may be time for a change.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Electriclite is the title of a PJ Harvey track, well a bastardization of the title anyway, its supposed to be "Electric Light".

It was between that or "Long Snake Moan", so I tossed a coin, heads for E tails for LSM.

Heads it was.

I usually used asiabrew as my main handle on the net (it was based on my love of Asian tea).
Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 PM
My name is Casey.
In 1997, I told friends that I was going to make a rap album. My rap name would be "KcMastuhPeace", and the rap album would be called "MastuhPeace Theatuh".

I even made a few (mock) rap songs. Like how "I'd rap you in my rhymes with the mix-masta sauce."

After that, I made an email that only allowed ten letters.
"KcMsterpce" was born.
After playing Counter-Strike with that handle, and then playing MMORPGs where people recognized my name because it had "Kc" in it somewhere (Darkcaress, Kcorblios, etc...), it's just stuck with me.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Stands for Jamesadin is short for James The Paladin. My first name is Chris, and when I was signing up for Diablo 2 in 2001 I tried to go with Chrisadin... but alas, no luck. So, I went with my middle name. And it has stuck ever since.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Electriclite is the title of a PJ Harvey track, well a bastardization of the title anyway, its supposed to be "Electric Light".

It was between that or "Long Snake Moan", so I tossed a coin, heads for E tails for LSM.
Well, hello there, fellow Polly fan!

I came up with Venus Venusia wayyy back in high school. I went through a period where I was very much into celestial objects. My room was decorated in stars and moons. I was a big daydreamer back then and still tend to be. And then Tori Amos' To Venus and Back album came out, and I delved even deeper into all of it. I became more in touch with romanticism (and especially lust) and decided to come up with an alias (I had my own little website back then to use it for). I remember looking up different variations of the word venus and found venusia. And so, I came up with Venus Venusia, and it's been my alias ever since then (about 10 years).
Old 09-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Mine is what i am ACTUALLY called, and answer by in real life.
not sure how this nickname started but somehow it caught and everyone calls me "Bahs" or "The Bahs" (pronounced 'BAH'-like a sheep with a 'z' sound at the end)

its pretty funny i even had teachers in high school that legitimately called me that.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombievictim View Post
Oh God of War, Danger^Cart is from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's their mode of transportation.
Thanks, dude. Ya learn something new every day it seems
Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Huge fan of Fight Club, at the time I had read the book, seen the movie and was obsessed with Tyler Durdens view of the world. Gotta say, I still kind of am in some ways, in other views I differ. But anyways, Tyler Durdens secret army was called the spacemonkeys, so there you have it.