Old 12-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs....

I was walking to the store a few hours ago, when this family was out with their dogs, that were running around in the middle of the city without a leash. The dogs spot me and start running towards me, and I just figured they wanted to play because the family "looked ok" and everything. But instead, one these fucking dogs grabs a hold of my pants and starts pulling, and then another one comes running and sort of tries to grab a hold of my arm, but doesn't really commit to it and just ends up standing there growling. The owner (dad) comes running, throwing shit at the dogs, but they keep at it until he reaches me and then starts chasing after the dogs.

It was such a weird fucking experience, and even weirder, I just walked away yelling shit at the owner. Who doesn't pay any attention. Now, I just brushed it off and went my merry way, but I've been sitting here, and I half feel like looking up that guy and beating the living shit out of him. I guess it was adrenaline or something that made me just walk away, instead of get his name or call the cops like a sane person... but yeah. Just felt like venting. For fucks sake. Assholes. Sort of makes me feel like becoming the kind of person who carries a handgun or a knife.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Sue the fuckers again
Old 12-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Sue the fuckers again
I already called the cops with a description, but I doubt it'll result in anything. My information was basically "caucasian couple, normal looking, brown hair, the kid had blond hair, the dogs looked mixed".
Old 12-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah I hear ya.

Cant stand irresponsible dog or pet owners for that matter.

It reminds me of the time I was in Petsmart, getting food for my cat and of course people are allowed to bring their dogs into the store as long as they are leashed I think. Well, I was in this pet food aisle and this guy's dog just pulled up his leg and started pissing everywhere on the floor. Okay, these things can happen, the dog owner will surely clean it up or at least notify one of the workers that there was a piss accident. Ummm no. The asshole dog owner just walked away like nothing happened. I went and told one of the workers about it but by then that prick had left and was long gone.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:11 PM
I could go on and on about how many bad pet owners there are here in the midwest. And I'd be exhausted when I finished.

A few points of order:

1. SPAY OR NEUTER your pets. The population is out of hand and thousands die every day.

2. If your dog is not leash trained, then train the dog. There is no excuse for any animal to attack a stranger on the street, be it friendly or otherwise.

3. Dedicate the time to every pet you have. Take classes, exercise, and play with them. They all deserve it.

4. If you can't afford vet visits, you can't afford a pet. Period. They need medical attention just like we do. Shots, exams, and grooming/hygiene. All of it. No excuses. If you can't do that, then don't own a pet.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
I could go on and on about how many bad pet owners there are here in the midwest. And I'd be exhausted when I finished.

A few points of order:

1. SPAY OR NEUTER your pets. The population is out of hand and thousands die every day.

2. If your dog is not leash trained, then train the dog. There is no excuse for any animal to attack a stranger on the street, be it friendly or otherwise.

3. Dedicate the time to every pet you have. Take classes, exercise, and play with them. They all deserve it.

4. If you can't afford vet visits, you can't afford a pet. Period. They need medical attention just like we do. Shots, exams, and grooming/hygiene. All of it. No excuses. If you can't do that, then don't own a pet.
Well said jeo4!

Last edited by echo_bravo; 12-29-2009 at 11:15 AM..
Old 12-29-2009, 01:41 AM
There was a dog attack a few months ago at a park here, and the owners disappeared. They got a toddler and fucked him up pretty badly. These owners should be spade and neutered.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:57 AM
When I was searching for a dog, I went to a house that had 1 for sale, and the poor thing was tied up outside with like a 5 ft space to walk around. The water dish looked like rain water. My ex and I ended up calling the humane society.

When I finally found a dog I wanted, I went to the house and it was terrible. There was shit everywhere, no yard at all. It was a Great Dane, they're majestic creatures, they need space. I don't even know how a human could live there. I ended up buying it, and to this day it feels like I rescued her. Probably why I spoil the shit out of her, and cause she's the greatest dog ever.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:12 PM
When I was a yout, a stray dog bit me - that was worse, cause there were little kids that were teasing it but for some fucking reason, a passerby - me - got bit. I had to receive 40 anti-rabid shots in the stomach. How about that?

You got lucky bro.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Sounds like an idiot who has no business having a dog.

There's no such thing as a bad pet, only bad owners.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm sorry to turn this thread into pet appreciation, but I have two dogs and love them to death. One is a pure-bread beagle, technically named "Samantha", but the name "Beagle" is what stuck and she responds to. The other one now, is supposed to be a cockapoo, but there is no way. She's as long as a doxin with huge feet.

But to stay on topic, yes, some people shouldn't have dogs or any pets
Old 01-13-2010, 01:13 PM
A lot of pet-owners are irresponsible (my roommates who are fucking slobs) but some dogs are just worthless and beyond trainable. A lot of those little "cute" dogs, the ones that always stay small, are overly fluffy, and have the most annoying yaps are the worst offenders. There's not enough fingers and toes on my hands and feet to count the number of times I've had to smack the ever living shit out of these little mutts for chewing up my couch, my videogame headsets and controllers, TV cords, clothes, somehow finding a way into my bedroom to shit on my blankets, etc. There's just too many headaches to name. And when you have roommates that almost go out of their way to refuse to take care of the dog or train it, nor pay for your shit that they chew up and destroy, well, someone or something has to pay, and its going to be their annoying, stupid, aggravating mutt.

Just felt like venting myself.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxManShoes View Post
A lot of pet-owners are irresponsible (my roommates who are fucking slobs) but some dogs are just worthless and beyond trainable. A lot of those little "cute" dogs, the ones that always stay small, are overly fluffy, and have the most annoying yaps are the worst offenders. There's not enough fingers and toes on my hands and feet to count the number of times I've had to smack the ever living shit out of these little mutts for chewing up my couch, my videogame headsets and controllers, TV cords, clothes, somehow finding a way into my bedroom to shit on my blankets, etc. There's just too many headaches to name. And when you have roommates that almost go out of their way to refuse to take care of the dog or train it, nor pay for your shit that they chew up and destroy, well, someone or something has to pay, and its going to be their annoying, stupid, aggravating mutt.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...schi&aqi=g-s10
Old 01-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxManShoes View Post

So because they don't take there dog out to pee properly, you take it out on the dog and not them? Why are you not smacking the shit out of your roommates instead?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:

A few points of order:

Wish we could also apply those rules to humans.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:53 AM
BUT ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS AND ABORTION IS MURDER!!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Smacking "the ever living shit out of these little mutts" sounds like something a coward would do.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:

A few points of order:

I would also add that:

5. Learn dog psychology. Dogs are not humans, and if you treat them as such, you likely end up messing their heads pretty badly. I see all the time dogs that are treated very nicely, but also treated WRONG, and they have some serious confusion with pack order, etc. And this confusion leads to a lot of undesired behavior, sometimes to even dangerous behavior.

6. Buy your dog from a kennel with a good reputation, or if you are experienced with dogs, from a dog shelter. Don't support the fucking puppy mills, the people who run those are the scum of the earth. Also you shouldn't "save" dogs from the puppy mills, as for each dog you save, the breeder will breed two more, because you just made it a profitable business for him.

7. Make sure you REALLY know what breed you are buying, as breeds have very different characteristics, and you simply might not be able to meet the demands of the breed. Stupid people buy dogs all the time simply based on the looks of the breed. Don't be stupid.

8. Make sure to properly socialize your dog from early age, and you will have a lot less problems later on. Especially if it's a very protective breed.

9. Dogs are social animals. They don't like to spend time alone. Being alone makes them anxious and frustrated, and leads to destructive behavior, especially with active breeds. Either buy other pets to keep the dog company, or make sure it has human company.

10. Buying a dog gives you almost all the same responsibilities as having a child. Are you really up for that?

Last edited by Tuukka; 01-14-2010 at 04:03 PM..