Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > The TV Forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknite125 View Post
Buffy TVS: Dawn joining the cast.
Buffy!

Buffy season 5 was on par with season 2 as the best season of the show. However, season 7 (the final season) was rubbish! The series finale was also rubbish! It ended better in seasons 2, 3, 5 -- all which end the show too.

------------------------------------

Roseanne!

During season 6 (but it still has some stand out episodes this season like the church and masturbation episodes). Seasons 7-9 are garbage. It turns from "real life show" to fantasy plots, lesbian nut Jackie was a bad haircut, slapstick episodes (like the Gilligan's Island redo), the pregnancies, flamboyant gay stereotypes, the lottery. All rubbish.

------------------------------------

Three's Company!

After Season 6

Downgrades on a consistent basis afterward falling completely on its arse in the atrocious Three's a Crowd '85.

------------------------------------

Angel!

The first half of season 5 is awful, but it improves greatly mid-season around episode 100 -- when it drifts back into a serialized plot

------------------------------------

I Love Lucy!

Never had a bad season for its original 6 seasons. However, its successor The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour (the last three seasons (7-9) of I Love Lucy) falters in comparison, but still has a few good episodes.

------------------------------------

The Lucy Show!

Seasons 4-6

After Vivian Vance exits, the kids are all dumped, and the entire shows focus changes to stars of the week and atrocious Lucy variety hour slapstick.

------------------------------------

All in the Family/Archie Bunker's Place!

After a few standout episodes of Archie Bunker's Place (like the Thanksgiving special), and when Edith exits, the show sinks fast. However, after Mike and Gloria originally left its origin show, it wasn't very good anymore either. But Archie Bunker's Place season 1 has a few good episodes. The rest is garbage. Too much Stephine and too much of the bar setting.

------------------------------------

Married with Children!

Any season after season 5 is pure rubbish...

Peggy's pregnancy, No-mam, Seven, slapstick incorporated, dike Marcy with a deeper voice (who looked pretty good with long hair and the dresses in seasons 1-3). All horrible attempts to keep this show going. The last half of the show sucks.

(I did like the season 7 Christmas episode with the jukebox)

Last edited by waterslideguy; 03-07-2010 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo_bcsd View Post
Oz - when Luke Perry joined the cast.
Oh, man. I never knew that about Oz (I've never watched it before), but when Luke Perry shows up...man, that is the end of a show.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I had a lot of fun with Scrubs for three seasons. Then it overdid it. I caught the show on dvd so I had no long pauses or waits or growths to excuse my reaction. The change in the fourth season was pretty big. The show became... A lot of people skipping through a field of butterflies with golden rainbows and candy rain, hugging each other until that sad piano cue plays and then something dramatic happens like one of them is diagnosed with cancer.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Frasier: probably when Niles and Daphne got together.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
I had a lot of fun with Scrubs for three seasons. Then it overdid it. I caught the show on dvd so I had no long pauses or waits or growths to excuse my reaction. The change in the fourth season was pretty big. The show became... A lot of people skipping through a field of butterflies with golden rainbows and candy rain, hugging each other until that sad piano cue plays and then something dramatic happens like one of them is diagnosed with cancer.
Yeah, the show basically became a parody of itself about halfway through its run.

Though I wouldn't call it my favorite show, "The Office" (US version) hasn't been the same since Jim and Pam got together.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
Yeah, the show basically became a parody of itself about halfway through its run.

Though I wouldn't call it my favorite show, "The Office" (US version) hasn't been the same since Jim and Pam got together.
I agree. I never thought the show was too good anyway, but once they got together, the tension was gone.

That's the beauty of the UK version. Once Dawn and Tim got together, the show ended. Brilliant.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Dark Angel: When Producer James Cameron came in to direct an episode. I'm a big Cameron fan but that episode was the worst of the series and it went downhill from there.

The Cosby Show: When the older cousin shows up.

Firefly: I actually think that the movie killed it. All the nutzo fanbase drove more rational people away from the franchise. I love Firefly dearly but those Browncoats bee craaazy. The movie came out. Die hards had seen it a couple of times at free screenings. The name was changed confusing some. Nutzo internet Browncoats scared normals. Movie underperformed. Franchise REEEEaly dead.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal_83 View Post
.

Scrubs - After Laverne died. Then the show became predictable, clunky, and cheesy.
Don't forget how they turned JD from a relatable and likable everyman into a whiney, touchy-feely, closet homosexual
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-14-2010, 07:48 PM
A couple other show that weren't among my favorite but I watched fairly regularly:

The Drew Carrey Show -- when Christa Miller left
Roseanne -- when DJ started jerking off in the bathroom
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Buffy The Vampire Slayer- Season 6 when Buffy turns her back on her friends and starts screwing Spike and season 7 is even worse. Seasons 6 & 7 were so bad it makes wish the season 5 finale was the series finale.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Ya Ripper1888, Even i also think that in buffy TV show Season 5 must be final series. But it is my favorite show.

___________________
Watch Brothers and Sisters Online | Watch Buffy
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-13-2011, 01:52 AM

EDITED BY SKYNET

No Spamming

Last edited by SkyNet; 09-13-2011 at 04:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 AM

THE SIMPSONS - The Principal and the Pauper (Season 9) - Principal Skinner, a character that we had known since the first season of the show is revealed to be a fraud. Ridiculous plot but what's worse is that this was really the first episode of the show I had watched where I just didn't laugh AT ALL. That's pretty common now but it was surprising to me at the time how off the mark it was. There were still some good episodes after it but this is really the one that signified, more than any other episode, the decline that was soon to come. I still continue to watch each and every episode, and while I do feel the show has rebounded from it's dark era (Seasons 10-15), it has never really come close to it's former glory. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenkiller View Post
THE SIMPSONS - The Principal and the Pauper (Season 9) - Principal Skinner, a character that we had known since the first season of the show is revealed to be a fraud. Ridiculous plot but what's worse is that this was really the first episode of the show I had watched where I just didn't laugh AT ALL. That's pretty common now but it was surprising to me at the time how off the mark it was. There were still some good episodes after it but this is really the one that signified, more than any other episode, the decline that was soon to come. I still continue to watch each and every episode, and while I do feel the show has rebounded from it's dark era (Seasons 10-15), it has never really come close to it's former glory. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
That was the shark jumping moment for them. But, the moment that I realized The Simpsons weren't good anymore was when I only laughed two times during the first 5 episodes of Season 12. Thankfully, it got good again in the last five years. Not prime good, but still has some hilarious shit and is better than 80% most comedies on TV.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-13-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
That was the shark jumping moment for them. But, the moment that I realized The Simpsons weren't good anymore was when I only laughed two times during the first 5 episodes of Season 12. Thankfully, it got good again in the last five years. Not prime good, but still has some hilarious shit and is better than 80% most comedies on TV.
Yeah, I still continued to watch through seasons 10 and 11 but around season 12 is when I finally began tuning out. Missed most of season 13 and 14 also, though I made it a point to tune in during their "300th" episode when they aired three episodes and a MARRIED... WITH CHILDREN reunion.

During season 15 I decided to start tuning in again regularly. I figured the show had to be winding down soon and I should probably be there when the finale aired. My first episode back was the Fat and the Furriest, where Homer feels like he needs to get revenge on a bear for some reason. Oh man... the show had gotten even worse than I had remembered it being. What's worse is that nearly EVERY episode of the season was horrible. The other four or five were just mediocre. It was really sad to see.

The funny thing is that was eight years and over 150 episodes ago. The 23rd season is going to start in a couple of weeks and there is still no end in sight. Luckily in the 16th season I had gotten my second wind with the show and found it to be a considerable improvement over the last few years (I had managed to view all the episodes I had missed from seasons 12-14 on reruns). This lasted until somewhere around season 19 when I started to get bored with the show again. I still don't think it's horrible, although they do still always manage to crank out a real turd, it's just they have done everything there is for them to do and have stayed on way too long. The 500th episode is airing this spring. Is that the milestone they are looking for? Will they now be able to put an end to the madness? Or are they looking to break Gunsmoke's record of 640 episodes? If so they would need to be on until season 29, and at that point I gotta figure they would just go for an even 30... yikes!

Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
The Homer vs Bear episode might be the worst one they ever did. The flashback one with Lisa as president and Bart as a pothead slacker while Homer and Marge look for gold (Although the only part to make me laugh was when they acknowledged how dumb it was) is up there.

They should stay on the air. A couple of completely awful episodes aside (Ralph for President), the past five years have been borderline great. I've laughed hard during most of the episodes at least once. Nothing near the level of Grandpa's onion belt, but it's still funny.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-14-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
The Homer vs Bear episode might be the worst one they ever did. The flashback one with Lisa as president and Bart as a pothead slacker while Homer and Marge look for gold (Although the only part to make me laugh was when they acknowledged how dumb it was) is up there.

They should stay on the air. A couple of completely awful episodes aside (Ralph for President), the past five years have been borderline great. I've laughed hard during most of the episodes at least once. Nothing near the level of Grandpa's onion belt, but it's still funny.
Yeah, that future episode is another bottom of the barrel stinker. It looks even worse when compared to Lisa's Wedding. Some other ones that stuck out during this time as being particularly bad:

Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder - Season 11 - No real plot. Just random crap happening. Homer bowls a 300 game, becomes a celebrity, wants to kill himself, then ends with him becoming concerned about not spending enough time with Maggie.

Saddlesore Galactica - Season 11 - Bart gets a horse. There was already an episode where Lisa got a horse several years earlier and it was MUCH better. The whole bit about the magical land of jockeys was basically the worst single scene in the history of the show.

New Kids on the Blecch - Season 12 - Bart joins a boy band? Which sends subliminal messages about joining the navy? Ugh...

Gump Roast - Season 13 - Clip show with Homer acting as Forrest Gump. Kang and Kodos end up roasting him at the end of the show. These two should never appear outside of the Treehouse of Horror episodes.

Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass - Season 16 - Homer becomes a choreographer for athletes, teaching them how to perform cool victory dances after they score. This constitutes a plot? They really ran out of jobs for Homer to perform.

I could go on but you get the idea...
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-05-2012, 11:30 PM
SUPERNATURAL Season 6.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump