Old 03-07-2010, 04:59 PM
So...who else lost ABC today? I'm raising my hand...

They did it.
They pulled ABC off of my TV.
I'm a Cablevision customer and because they couldn't reach an agreement with The Tragic Kingdom aka ABC, now all I hear is Cablevision apologizing for the inconvenience of all of this.

Cablevision thinks THEY'RE right.
Disney thinks THEY'RE right.
But no Cablevision customers get to see The Oscars tonight unless you see it simulcast on Hulu.com or ABC.com.

I'd like to say thanks to both CableBlurredVision and ABC (A Big Cunt) for screwing things up in a standard I've been watching since I was a kid. (Channel 2-13...and now, no 7.)

I'll be watching "Lost" on my computer, I guess.
Won't be the same.

Sons of bitches.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:49 PM
That's uber geigh.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:14 PM
I can imagine several people being furious over losing a main network!

Can't you still use a regular antenna to get it if it's that important to you?

I know one guy who would have a coronary if he lost the local ABC news, for example.

(Disney lost huge points when they turned The Disney Channel from a premium pay channel to a basic cable channel in the mid 90's. The programming has been atrocious since. It went from a kid's (boys/girls) network with fun shows for kids to something only prescription popping pre-teen girls could enjoy.)

(All horrible shows aimed at drug induced pre-teen girls -- even half the teen girls hate the programming. Remember how vastly popular the Disney Toons (Donald/Pluto/Goofy/etc.) and Duck Tales were in the 80's... Goof Troop in the early 90's (but that was on ABC too)! You don't even see a Disney toon or character on the network anymore.)

The trend continues of Disney corporate mediocrity...

Well, they did resurrect the slasher genre with the watered down Scream '96. Now, who would have ever thought Disney would try and resurrect a horror sub-genre? Kind of kooky, but they get props for that. And they were involved with Pulp Fiction, Ransom, and The Golden Girls. So, they do things right every now and again.

Last edited by waterslideguy; 03-07-2010 at 06:26 PM..
Old 03-07-2010, 07:08 PM
If you want to invest a little bit of money, you can get around this by buying a cable to hook your computer up to your TV. Then just go online using your TV as a monitor towards the ABC website and watch it from there.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:32 PM
If anything they should have dropped the Network that stabbed Conan in the back and jumped into bed with Jay Leno.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocacoladude78 View Post
I can imagine several people being furious over losing a main network!

I'm paying almost $200 for cable service through Cablevision.
I expect EVERY channel on the local dial to be available to me.
Think Cablevision's gonna pay me back for the money I spend on a digital antenna? (You need a digital antenna now because the old coat hanger won't work anymore).

I heard a rumor that they've reached an agreement in principal and the Oscars were aired last night. Haven't turned on the TV just yet so I don't know if it's back.

What a friggin' mess.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocacoladude78 View Post
I believe last year or so this i no longer an option. i recall reading about how they are doing away with Analog tv broadcasting so things like rabbit ears and antenna's are no longer being used.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
Think Cablevision's gonna pay me back for the money I spend on a digital antenna? (You need a digital antenna now because the old coat hanger won't work anymore).
Do you mean a digital converter box? You can use a piece of coax and cut one end off, then strip the outer rubber off so you have the mesh wire. Push that down, then strip the white plastic off the hard wire but only about half way down. THe longer the wire, and further away you can make the little jimmy antenna the better. The more exposed wire the better. I've had to do this once because our cable was out over the weekend. Unless you are pretty far out from the stations, it should work, unless you meant a converter box.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:19 AM
That channel can go but whatever they do, dont go till LOST is over!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
Do you mean a digital converter box? You can use a piece of coax and cut one end off, then strip the outer rubber off so you have the mesh wire. Push that down, then strip the white plastic off the hard wire but only about half way down. THe longer the wire, and further away you can make the little jimmy antenna the better. The more exposed wire the better. I've had to do this once because our cable was out over the weekend. Unless you are pretty far out from the stations, it should work, unless you meant a converter box.
It's basically the same thing except it brings through the signal clearly (I used to do the coax thing before I sprung to get cable). Costs between $24 and $32 dollars, gives you (I believe) your basic channels without your premium stations.