Old 12-02-2009, 08:38 AM
I really don't like this 7 - break - 7 - break system they're using. I wish they would just show all 14 eps in a row and then take a longer break. Anyways. It was a good season.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 PM

Well folks, its that time again.

New Southpark starts on 3/17 and apparently it involves Tiger Woods. Should be good.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:06 PM
EXCELLENT!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:03 PM
I saw the preview and laughed so loud from that alone. This could be a classic episode.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:47 AM

"Shoot it in its blabber mouth!!" haha
Outstanding episode!

I cant wait to rewatch it again.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:56 AM
I was actually pretty disappointed with tonight's episode. Just wasn't that funny.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:04 AM
I thought it was great. I loved Butter's reaction/obsession with "bush." I loved Kenny's death. I loved how all the guys kept eyeballing the women. And I loved how Kyle and Butters can end up in a sex addict group full of celebrities and be completely oblivious to it all.

This was South Park at its best.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
I thought it was great. I loved Butter's reaction/obsession with "bush." I loved Kenny's death. I loved how all the guys kept eyeballing the women. And I loved how Kyle and Butters can end up in a sex addict group full of celebrities and be completely oblivious to it all.

Completely agree, I thought the Tiger Woods' video game Cartman played throughout the episode was hilarious. And this episode had by far the best celebrity impersonations I've ever seen in the entire series.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:09 PM
I thought this was a great episode. Every season has its duds (except for maybe 10 and 11, which were the absolute peak of the south park's excellence), but this one did not disappoint me one bit. I was LOLing at the monkey scene. Monkeys humping things= comedic gold.

And after this episode I'm convinced that out of all the leading comedy cartoons, Matt Stone and Trey Parker are the only people who know how to write a decent fucking story anymore. Family Guy and The Simpsons just jump around from stupid joke to stupid joke while barely maintaining a coherent plot, yet South Park, even at its worst, at least has a goddamn point. There's a beginning, middle, and end, which are all related, there is an actual plot and theme to the episode, and jokes are actually related to the plot, too. Well, you've seen the Cartoon Wars episode, you know what I'm getting at.

South Park= damn good TV.

EDIT: and by the way,

Spoiler:
This episode had one of the funniest Kenny deaths of all time. Died attempting auto erotic asphyxiation while wearing a Batman costume, and subsequently being buried in that costume, for whatever reason. ha.

Last edited by Derek237; 03-18-2010 at 01:02 PM..
Old 03-18-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:

haha glad I wasnt the only one that noticed that. Fuckin hilarious!

And yeah the monkey humping all the other monkeys was so dumb yet so funny as fuck.

Cant wait for more new episodes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:45 PM
"David Duchovny, please stop jacking off."
Old 03-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Great episode. I would totally play that game!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:34 PM
LOVED the episode, great start to the season and also a good way to get the bad taste from their last very poor episode out from memory. Everything was spot on in this one, the only thing was that when I saw it the second time I didn't laugh as much but it's sheer cleverness makes up for the laughs.

Wonderful stuff, can't wait for more.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Tonight:

Quote:
The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs

The boys are given a controversial book to read in school and it inspires them to write one of their own.

I wonder what the book is gonna be? The title of the episode is enough for me. I'm still chuckling at it.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
Tonight:

I wonder what the book is gonna be? The title of the episode is enough for me. I'm still chuckling at it.
i wonder if this will be a spoof about Precious as that would be a pretty controversial book for 4th graders to read me thinks. But yeah i can't figure out anything from that title either.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:00 AM

great episode

Sara Jessica Parker got ethered haha.

Trey's still a huge prick, I love it
Old 03-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Fucking loved this episode. I laughed so much.

Every time someone vomited in response to the book I just couldn't stop laughing.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal_83 View Post
Fucking loved this episode. I laughed so much.

Every time someone vomited in response to the book I just couldn't stop laughing.
haha hell yeah dude. Randy reading the book was fuckin hilarious.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
haha hell yeah dude. Randy reading the book was fuckin hilarious.
I have to admit though, being a huge fan of the show and agreeing with the message, the commentary is too little too late. I mean I doubt half of the audience for the show has ever read "The Catcher in the Rye," to be honest. I loved the whole message behind it, but I thought it was a little too past its time to hit hard.

However it was still nearly flawless.

Morgan Freeman reading Butters latest book also had me in hysterics.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
I have to admit though, being a huge fan of the show and agreeing with the message, the commentary is too little too late. I mean I doubt half of the audience for the show has ever read "The Catcher in the Rye," to be honest. I loved the whole message behind it, but I thought it was a little too past its time to hit hard.
I think its selection had more to do with J.D. Salinger dying in between this and last season. And it's hardly the first time they've been late for the boat on a certain topic that happened while they were on hiatus.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
I think its selection had more to do with J.D. Salinger dying in between this and last season. And it's hardly the first time they've been late for the boat on a certain topic that happened while they were on hiatus.
Ohhhh! Well now the episode makes more sense now. I completely forgot about Salinger dying between seasons. Thanks! ;-)
Old 03-25-2010, 09:34 AM
I loved this episode, and I knew I would when I read the title. I wasn't even aware of any social commentary (truthfully the Catcher in the Rye is on the list of books to read, but I never got around to it), but on a sheer gross factor it was hilarious. Anytime anyone vomited I busted out laughing.

And yes, Morgan Freeman reading Butters' new book was priceless.

"And the poop looked like...a wiener."
Old 03-25-2010, 12:27 PM
It was a pretty good episode. I never read Catcher in the Rye so maybe I missed some of the humour there, but I'm sure we can all appreciate the shots taken at Sarah Jessica Parker, hahaha!

For some reason what made me laugh most about the episode was when the newscast showed the artist cover sleeve photo of Butters...I don't know why but I thought it was hilarious.

I do have to say this, though: I love Butters, but in the last few seasons I think they've been using him way too much. Like, remember when having a Butters-centered episode was an awesome surprise, and a nice treat for fans? Now he's practically a member of the main cast. It is possible to have too much of a good thing, and it would suck if people started to get sick with Butters. They should put him on the back burner for the next couple of episodes, IMO.

But anyway, it was good episode. The show's still damn funny in its 14th season.

FUN FACT: If you speed up Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone," it sounds like Butters is singing it. http://butterslikearollingstone.ytmnd.com/
Old 03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Trey Parker and Matt Stone still know how to perfectly imitate people vomitting. On the Today Show when everyone's yacking, it was too hilarious. The long stringy vom-string, the spitting...fucking great.

"Then why do you have that transvestite horse-witch standing next to you?"

Haha.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Its also SJP's birthday today. Dear God those guys are assholes lol
Old 03-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Great episode. I was laughing my ass off every time someone tried to read the book. The highlights being Stan's mom and the Today Show cast.

My favorite part was Butter's reaction once he finished reading Catcher in the Rye. And this is also the reason why I think Butter's is a hundred times funnier than Cartman and think that Butter's themed episodes are way better than Cartman themed episodes.

Stan, Kyle, and (more or less) Kenny are basically straight men, while Cartman and Butters are the funny guys. Cartman has never evolved beyond obnoxious, racist jokes since pretty much the very beginning. Where as Butters seems to always find new ways to embarrass himself and sink to new lows (while being completely oblivious to it).

Therefore: Butters > Cartman
Old 03-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Great episode. I was laughing my ass off every time someone tried to read the book. The highlights being Stan's mom and the Today Show cast.

My favorite part was Butter's reaction once he finished reading Catcher in the Rye. And this is also the reason why I think Butter's is a hundred times funnier than Cartman and think that Butter's themed episodes are way better than Cartman themed episodes.

Stan, Kyle, and (more or less) Kenny are basically straight men, while Cartman and Butters are the funny guys. Cartman has never evolved beyond obnoxious, racist jokes since pretty much the very beginning. Where as Butters seems to always find new ways to embarrass himself and sink to new lows (while being completely oblivious to it).

Therefore: Butters > Cartman
I wholeheartedly agree. While I understand the love for Cartman, only Butters has evolved over the years.

Out of this show the only characters who honestly draw laughs from me are Randy and Butters.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Butters is a great character because you know people like them. You feel bad for them, but they seem to always do things you cannot help but laugh at them for it.

Everyone knows a Cartman, and some will find him funny, others so not. Plus, that person never matures.

I like all of the characters. I don't know if I have a favorite, maybe Randy.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Butters has always been my favorite character.

"Bitch, don't you wanna start makin' some real-muthafuckin-money?"
Old 03-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
Trey Parker and Matt Stone still know how to perfectly imitate people vomitting. On the Today Show when everyone's yacking, it was too hilarious. The long stringy vom-string, the spitting...fucking great.
Ha exactly, when the guy does that little burp in between yakking the first thing i thought it that always happens to me when i puke, lol.

Poor SJP, i don't find her all that pretty but i really don't understand how ppl can say she's the most unattractive woman in hollywood. I love how they used her in the episode though, just sort of standing there most of the time and then trying to get at that butterfly in the tree, great stuff.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 AM
I got 12 minutes into the episode before the vomiting got really old... Perhaps I'll finish it later.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Really thought the episode was funny, too bad I haven't read The Catcher in the Rye to get what most of the characters were talking about. But, the funniest portion of the entire episode is Butters' reaction to everything;along with Morgan Freemans reading.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
Really thought the episode was funny, too bad I haven't read The Catcher in the Rye to get what most of the characters were talking about. But, the funniest portion of the entire episode is Butters' reaction to everything;along with Morgan Freemans reading.
When Freeman popped up I was in tears. I had to pause the show to catch my breath.

It also didn't help that MTV played the "You got served" episode hours after the new South Park. I cried laughing when Randy started dancing to "Achy Breaky Heart."
Old 03-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
It also didn't help that MTV played the "You got served" episode hours after the new South Park. I cried laughing when Randy started dancing to "Achy Breaky Heart."
his moves were so fresh and inventive... ahhhuggg....
Old 03-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
his moves were so fresh and inventive... ahhhuggg....
And I don't know why, but that dancing duck had me in hysterics, too.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
And I don't know why, but that dancing duck had me in hysterics, too.
for me it's the songs the farm plays for him

"is that the only song he'll dance to?"

"Oh hell no, he'll dance to anything, watch."
Old 03-31-2010, 06:57 PM
New episode tonight. Cant wait.

Last edited by echo_bravo; 03-31-2010 at 07:05 PM..
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Randy bouncing around on his huge cancerous balls... So funny and gross.

Great south park ep
Old 03-31-2010, 11:55 PM
I probably laughed so goddamn hard at him trying to enter the KFC with his big huge balls blocking him.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdraven View Post
I probably laughed so goddamn hard at him trying to enter the KFC with his big huge balls blocking him.
"What do we want?!?!"

"Bigger doors!!"

haha

Fuckin hilarious episode. Really liking this season a lot so far. And yeah watching all those guys bouncing down the street on their huge balls were hilarious (that music was funny as hell that went along with it)